Type keyword(s) to search

CBB In The Media

• Start Topic

Me reading the cast list: “Who?… Who?… Todrick Hall, ugh…. Todd Bridges, sounds about right… Ooh, Goat Boy! Nope, wrong one… Who? … Who?… Carson Kressley, yay! He will be fun… Wrong Mellencamp… Who?… Who?…Who?

It seems this show is following the Dancing With the Stars model: start with C list, then downgrade a letter every year. I cringe to think who might make the F-list cast. But you know I’ll be watching those cane toads brush their teeth, too. (It’s a sickness.)

• LOL 7

I'm disappointed, that other casting list was fantastic. I have to call a lot of people, Ms. Pollard is good TV. Oh well, I'm going to try my best to watch, but I only recognize 2 or 3 of these names. I'm old. 

• Love 3

I wonder if any of these people were alternates due to Covid. Even if they were being careful, Omicron gonna getcha. Better luck next year, I guess. I mean, I'm going to give it a shot, and I even have Paramount + this year (which I got cause I was counting on NY!) so I can see the feeds. Maybe that will make a difference. Rooting for Carson and Todd Bridges.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Queena said:

I'm disappointed, that other casting list was fantastic. I have to call a lot of people, Ms. Pollard is good TV. Oh well, I'm going to try my best to watch, but I only recognize 2 or 3 of these names. I'm old. 

I would think being older would help in recognizing this particular cast. There aren't many recent or current popular people on it lol.

The average age of the cast is actually the oldest so far at 44.6.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The average age of the cast is actually the oldest so far at 44.6.

The danger of an older cast on CBB is that they'll all be so aware of being filmed, and with so much past experience, that everyone will be super guarded and boring. Or act out in very calculated ways. Let's hope not. 

47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would think being older would help in recognizing this particular cast.

Holy fuck, I'm officially Older now. Excuse me, I need to go start laying the groundwork for my mid-life crisis soon.

• LOL 8
On 1/26/2022 at 11:14 PM, Callaphera said:

Obligatory "Chris Kirkpatrick, you can get your ass kicked worse than those little Limp Bizkit bastards". I may be an NSYNC girl from back in the day but Eminem is always the first thing I think of when I hear his name.

So, in other words… MGK Not-So-Lite?

6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Holy fuck, I'm officially Older now. Excuse me, I need to go start laying the groundwork for my mid-life crisis soon.

I know right lol. Everyone apparently not knowing these people is fucking me up. Although, I feel pretty certain Rob and Taran at least are lying with that tbh.

• Love 1

One of the prettiest houses in awhile.

I like the new staircase but there being no sliding glass door is weird. Imagine if they have it that way for the regular season. It would suck never being able to see the outside. At least the celebs are able to actually go out whenever they want.

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

One of the prettiest houses in awhile.

I like the new staircase but there being no sliding glass door is weird. Imagine if they have it that way for the regular season. It would suck never being able to see the outside. At least the celebs are able to actually go out whenever they want.

Wow.  I didn’t know TPTB could even think something this nice.

• LOL 1

It looks like a glittery ski chalet, complete with indoor hot tub, sauna and fireplace. Think polished steel and silver vs cartoons and rubber ducks. Lots of stone and wood accents. HoH bedroom has a chandelier, presumably for a Housewife to swing from.

• LOL 4

At least 2 evictions each week. Which is probably how they did it before but I just don't remember lol.

Also, just as a reminder since we're close to the premiere, this is the schedule (times are et):

Wednesday, Feb 2, 8-9PM
Thursday, Feb 3, 9-10PM
Friday, Feb 4, 8-10PM 
Sunday, Feb 6, 8-9PM
Monday, Feb 7, 9-10PM
Wednesday, Feb 9, 8-9PM
Friday, Feb 11, 8-10PM
Sunday, Feb 13, 8-9PM 
Monday, Feb 14, 9-10PM
Wednesday, Feb 16, 8-9PM
Friday, Feb 18, 8-10PM 
Saturday, Feb 19, 8-9PM
Sunday, Feb 20, 8-9PM
Monday, Feb 21, 9-11PM 
Wednesday, Feb 23, 8-9PM 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm so ready. Between Covid and winter, I need a good distraction and I've already watched Netflix. All of it. 

57 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

It looks like a glittery ski chalet, complete with indoor hot tub, sauna and fireplace. Think polished steel and silver vs cartoons and rubber ducks. Lots of stone and wood accents

Sounds nice! I don't know who decided it wasn't BB if the colour scheme didn't make the eyes fall out of your head. I'm glad they've finally pulled out the big decorating guns for these world class entertainment icons. Anything for the celebs. 😁

(I get why fading celebrities go on these shows. It must be awful to have to give up the perks and power even D listers have. Not that I would know.) 

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

HoH bedroom has a chandelier, presumably for a Housewife to swing from.

Boy, they picked the wrong Housewives for that. My money is on Chris Kattan reliving his Mister Peepers days when he starts going squirrely around... Day Six? Eight at the most.

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

At least 2 evictions each week. Which is probably how they did it before but I just don't remember lol.

Yup - CBB is strictly a one-month affair; S1 went 26 days, while S2 went 29.

• Useful 1

If anyone needs a coupon code for Paramount+, you should be able to get a free month with the code 1883 (it worked for me five minutes ago). Since CBB only lasts a month, you should be able to squeeze all the feeds time out of that and when you go to cancel, they typically offer you another month for free.

• Love 4

My mid-winter/Covid blahs are so bad that I actually keep looking at the clock to see when the show starts. Isn't that sad? That tells you how exciting my week has been so far. 

One thing I'm looking forward to is discovering unexpected quirks of the HGs. Wasn't it Joey Lawrence who turned out to spend almost an hour a night on his facial skincare routine? I didn't see that coming. 

And Shannon Elizabeth, who started out so cheerful and fun turned out to be incredibly tightly wound, and almost obsessive about her extremely restrictive vegan diet, about which she had zero humour. That also surprised me. 

Sometimes it's the celebs you least expect to be weird or crazy who are the weirdest, and the ones you fully expect to be obnoxious and bonkers, like Tom Green, turn out to be quite likeable and low key. Can't wait to see who is which this season!

• Love 7
On 2/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, leocadia said:

Funny tweet from Hannah

Ummm… yeah - except Kirkpatrick DID start the band, ya Chaddhahead.  😂

Edited by Nashville
Correcting damn autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I'm dying.

7vmPD3P.jpg

Oh c’mon now; you can’t fault John for trying to be a supportive dad.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

What does he mean "I don't know what she's doing"? 😁

In a wider sense, or just in terms of this show?  😁

It wouldn’t surprise me much if the HGs were contractually enjoined from discussing their participation with anybody (family included) other than mentions like “I’m going to be tied up for about a month, can’t discuss why right now, but can you help take care of the kids…?”

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

What does he mean "I don't know what she's doing"? 😁

I think he doesn't have a clue what Big Brother is about or what she will do on the show. He probably has a better idea if he watched last night's episode.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I know this is totally a first world problem, but CBB coming back and airing 67 times a week during the same time as the Olympics is annoying.

Right! That's how the first season was too and I think they actually initially did it solely to try to compete with the Olympics.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! That's how the first season was too and I think they actually initially did it solely to try to compete with the Olympics.

And it’s working!  I missed Nathan Chen in order to watch Todd Bridges and Lamar Odom snore.

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm dying.

7vmPD3P.jpg

I fully support the absolute minimal effort given in his post, lol.

I've never heard of her, but now I know way too much. That diet scam she has (had?) is pretty heinous. 

• Love 3

Now that Teddi is out, she's been doing interviews (well, one?) and an IG Live. Feed spoilers if you follow the links, of course. Also poop talk. You've been warned.

Teddi's exit interview with Parade

A transcript of Teddi's IG Live from r/BigBrother

Here's one non-feeds spoiler quote for the Housewives fans from her IG Live (it may be a transcription error. I don't care):
"Uh, will we ever see you on Real Housewives again? Uh, I don't, I never say never to anything, but hopefully not." WE WON, GUYS!

• Useful 3

There are lots of other interesting revelations in there, like that Lamar really does want to leave, and that Chris Kattan was hilarious and that she suspects Todrick is ridiculously rich. And of course all the Mirai stuff.

She makes being in there sound incredibly uncomfortable, especially the part about the fluorescent lights, which are my nemesis, and just the one toilet . No wonder some people act crazy. 

• Useful 2

Interview with Chris Kirkpatrick:

https://toofab.com/2022/02/12/chris-kirkpatrick-celebrity-big-brother-todrick-hall-covid-scare-exclusive/

Julie even seemed surprised by Todrick’s farewell message to you, which was a little shady. You laughed it off, but after sitting with it for a night, are you still okay with it?

I mean, I'm okay with it. It's how he wants to play. It's who he is. I mean, earlier that day, he told me that, you know, I'm a horrible father and I'm gonna embarrass my child and, you know, things like that. So I didn't put it past him. I'm sorry he feels that way. It hurts to know that, you know, someone could play the game like that, but in the end, you know, I went in hopefully trying to be honest and sincere about everything. And I walked out the door, hopefully trying to be honest and sincere, you know? And he even came after me for that saying, you know, "Don't try to play this high and mighty, honest game." [and] "You're a dirty player and a piece of crap" and all this. And, you know, and all that stuff hurt.

Chris seems to be a classy guy.  Todrick, not so much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9