Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Robin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Here we go with excuses.  I am not supposed to walk, my ass. 

At least, Garrett did lose the weight and was approved.  Hopefully he really turned himself around for good and not just for the surgery with some fad diet approach.

• Love 4
Just now, LizzyB said:

I think she is the sickest-looking person we've seen on this show this season.  She just looks to me like she's been living hard for a long time.

Hell, as a 200 lbs 10 yo, she’s damn lucky she’s still alive to even be in pain. 

• Love 9
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

My doctor said don't walk. Lol I'm sure she was broken up about that

Right! I wonder if he didn't also recommend cigarettes for easy weight loss.

1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I assume the doctor saying that Jazz is the most difficult case that he’s ever encountered is entireley based on her personality.

I heart this and the bad part is I’ve never even watched that show.  All it takes is a 30 second commercial for her to annoy me. 

• Love 17

I wonder if the editors were affected by her horrible back story as well. She’s clearly sneaking food and not doing what she’s supposed to but they haven’t showed us any of that. Usually they show the patient saying ‘I only ate what you said’ - cut to them stuffing a burger in their mouth. She’s getting an excellent edit. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I hope they can treat that infection.  I have seen people far less overweight than her die of cellulitis... I bet you anything she has diabetes, too, which is going to make healing worse for her. 

I am FB friends with Paul Mason, formerly Britain's Fattest Man.  He lives in the US now and in the 2-3 years we've been friends, he has been in an out of the hospital with cellulitis. It's too bad that some of these very large people don't realize that even after the surgery, they may have a lifetime of surgeries, hospital stays, poor health, etc. The surgery is almost minor compared to all of the other things someone who is 600 lbs or more has to go through to get anywhere near normal.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Come to Southern Illinois!  We have hills.  In fact, the very bottom of the state looks like this.  

Note to self:  Illinois has redeeming qualities besides some parts of Chicago. :)  Looks beautiful. 

• Love 6

I got myself a little pot of salted caramel yogurt like two commercial breaks ago, added a swirl of chocolate syrup, stirred it up, and have yet to take a bite because I've been too busy here.

3 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I assume the doctor saying that Jazz is the most difficult case that he’s ever encountered is entireley based on her personality.

Google suggests there were some sort of complications but I didn't click on any of the links.

• Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Note to self:  Illinois has redeeming qualities besides some parts of Chicago. :)  Looks beautiful. 

Be careful saying that Chicago has redeeming qualities to anyone who lives south of I-74 :)

• Love 2
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m not completely convinced that Robin’s lack of weight loss is due to sneaking food. If anyone ever had a compelling case for retaining fluid, it’s her. Those legs are alarming. 

I was wondering about that as well. I’m assuming he knows there is food being brought in as well but those legs - they have to full of fluid and other ick. After all she was leaking.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

So here’s my gasoline soaked comment for the evening.  Every time they show Robin I get the urge to start a GoFundMe account to get her some invisilines.  

I’ll see myself out now.

That's a start, Judgey, but you'll also have to start another one for her face.  I've already reserved my seat on the bus to hell....

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m not completely convinced that Robin’s lack of weight loss is due to sneaking food. If anyone ever had a compelling case for retaining fluid, it’s her. Those legs are alarming. 

Agreed.  I can't really get a read on her, or on her husband.  (Maybe because they are so boring?)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Someone in that family fancies themselves a tattoo artist. That’s the only explanation for everyone having such shitty tattoos. 

I agree.  I love tattoos.  Have two and am figuring out my third.  I have a large one that runs along my rib cage that actually helps me to keep my weight in check because I love showing it off in a bikini.  But that love extends only to good tattoos!  Their tattoos look like someone bought a tat gun off eBay and they let them practice.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

I sometimes think these spouses that sneak in food want the obese person to die. They have to know they are killing them!

I think they don’t want to give up being needed.  It’s the same reason that wives of drunks get so pissed off when the drunk is recovering.

• Love 5

Okay, when the skin commercial came on again I held my hand up like when you're trying to block the sun in your eyes so I wouldn't accidentally see it over the top of my laptop screen. 

Oh, hey, is this the first Sister Wives commercial of the night? I mentioned it 10 pages ago and just realized I hadn't seen it.

Is there a tally for the number of "Me and Garrett"s?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I am FB friends with Paul Mason, formerly Britain's Fattest Man.  He lives in the US now and in the 2-3 years we've been friends, he has been in an out of the hospital with cellulitis. It's too bad that some of these very large people don't realize that even after the surgery, they may have a lifetime of surgeries, hospital stays, poor health, etc. The surgery is almost minor compared to all of the other things someone who is 600 lbs or more has to go through to get anywhere near normal.

Yup, my boss's husband had multiple rounds of cellulitis over the course of two years and his kidneys started to shut down and then it was a downward spiral over three months until he was gone.   He wasn't even that obese (compared to these people here, positively slim, I would guess under 300lb) and had diabetes.   It's hard to get antibiotics to that skin layer even in a healthy person, but obesity + diabetes make it a lot worse.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hee! I think I can set them alight with my own pure evil.

Speaking of which, I forgot to inform all of you that, per last week's suggestion by MiracleMaxie, I left all of your gasoline soaked items near the entrance of this topic for you to choose from. There's plenty for all you bad girls AND boys including: panties, boxers, briefs, pasties, onesies, thongs, teddies and................ this:

mankini.jpg.4c480e4716faaaf4c6103d1d7fc4abb4.jpg

C'mon now, who's first?

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if the editors were affected by her horrible back story as well. She’s clearly sneaking food and not doing what she’s supposed to but they haven’t showed us any of that. Usually they show the patient saying ‘I only ate what you said’ - cut to them stuffing a burger in their mouth. She’s getting an excellent edit. 

She may be smart enough to not stuff her face when the cameras are there, so she has some control.  I also agree the infection is really messing her up. 

• Love 3