Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Texts, Lies & Therapy

• Start Topic

Porsha this episode leads me to believe that the rumours that Kandi passed along to her had some truth to it which led to Porsha needing to address them but also making sure to not make it look like it's something really serious. Dennis is shady as hell since he had Porsha telling him everything Kandi was telling her and he had no point thought it was a good idea to be transparent. He only admitted to it once he was officially caught and even then tried to turn it into a conspiracy of his ex trying to sabotage his new relationship. Without knowing his ex, I'd have to say it's probable but it makes it harder to give Dennis the benefit of the doubt when he's acting so sketchy. Porsha being pregnant didn't stop her aggressive attitude toward Kandi so makes it all the more believable to me that she was trying to act fresh with the ex getting up in her face and trying to intimidate.

I kinda felt bad for Nene this episode. I can totally believe how draining Greg must be just seeing how he treated that chef. How is the chef talking about carrots disqualify her from being a vegan chef? Aren't carrots vegan? He was disrespectful toward the chef and I would have been embarrassed if that were my husband behaving like that. Maybe it's what he needs to do to keep hope, but it seems he's making his sickness the centre of his being. Everything seems to always come back to the fact that he is/was sick. I can't keep up with his diagnosis with the way he talks. Sometimes it seems like he's cured and other times it seems like he's still in a very delicate state.

• Love 19

I kinda felt bad for Nene this episode. I can totally believe how draining Greg must be just seeing how he treated that chef. How is the chef talking about carrots disqualify her from being a vegan chef? Aren't carrots vegan? He was disrespectful toward the chef and I would have been embarrassed if that were my husband behaving like that. Maybe it's what he needs to do to keep hope, but it seems he's making his sickness the centre of his being. Everything seems to always come back to the fact that he is/was sick. I can't keep up with his diagnosis with the way he talks. Sometimes it seems like he's cured and other times it seems like he's still in a very delicate state.

He was so out of line with the chef. He went on as if she wasn't there. As far as I understand, per the PA that called, cancer cells were found and chemo was recommended. Gregg refuses to take chemo, so he's going the holistic approach in order to avoid metastases. 

Man, Tanya is living the life. Sis has a hibachi room in her house. I sure do hope that she's squirreling money away and not just shopping, though. Secure your own bag.  

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

He was so out of line with the chef. He went on as if she wasn't there. As far as I understand, per the PA that called, cancer cells were found and chemo was recommended. Gregg refuses to take chemo, so he's going the holistic approach in order to avoid metastases. 

Man, Tanya is living the life. Sis has a hibachi room in her house. I sure do hope that she's squirreling money away and not just shopping, though. Secure your own bag.  

That's what I recall from the phone call we heard, but then we hear him saying he's cured, then we hear Nene saying how he gets upset when he doesn't get all good news from the doctor and gets frustrated because he's doing everything he's told to do...except chemo. He's being told to do chemo and he refuses to do it.

She squirrels away money...that's why she shops at Swag Boutique, haha.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

What happened to this show? Just a season or two ago it was the hottest thing. Now it's barely thread worthy. I miss the old days!

Of all the franchises I think fame has changed the Atlanta cast the most and in the most negative way. It makes the show hard to watch knowing they are all just jocking for their next gig (Nene), slapping their name on something for money (Porsha, Cynthia) or trying to sell tickets to a concert no one asked for (Sharami, Kandi). Every other franchise that fake a trip at least give it a fake purpose (charity, magazine, business venture, concert) but for Eva to just say "I'm taking everyone to Tokyo" as if she just got it like that. Bravo can't even come up with real reasons for these women to spend any time together

Porsha is 97 types of crazy out of 100..but I really wish Kandi would move on. You don't like her and you don't care if Dennis is shady or has ill intentions. You are 100% in this so you can watch the eventual downfall of the entire relationship. At least own that part. Porsha's reaction aside, it was an idiotic set up whether you were aware of it ahead of time or not. I just don't understand why she continues to water a plant then yell and scream about how she does not want it to grow. I'm also calling B.S. on how the lie Phaedra put out about the sex dungeon was affecting her, her brand and her career. I've never seen someone revel in these type of charges. Saying she is going to take shade and get paid?! First of Miss I CAN'T TALK UNLESS MY TEETH ARE TOUCHING how is sexual assault charges reduced to being "shade?" She didn't take those lies seriously and neither did anyone else. And now she is using it to make money which is just gross.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, preciousperfect said:

What happened to this show? Just a season or two ago it was the hottest thing. Now it's barely thread worthy. I miss the old days!

I hate to say it because I don't like either one of them but the show is hurting with Kenya and Sheree gone. 

Cynthia is boring, and so is her Hill not Will BF,  Nene doesn't have the energy to be nasty anymore, Eva and Shamea  don't have what it takes to keep our interest and I don't even know what to say about that Tanya chick.  As the Basketball wives would say, she's a nonmotherfuckingfactor. 

Porsha is crazy. She was on WWHL last night being sooooo extra, loud, laughing, talking too much, jumping up and down, while Dennis sat in the audience looking like he wanted to be anywhere but there. He clearly doesn't find her amusing at all. No way that relationship is going to last. It won't be long before Porsha is a single mom. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Tension builds as NeNe deals with the mounting pressure of bring Gregg’s caretaker. Meanwhile, Porsha seeks guidance when she begins to have second thoughts about trusting Dennis.

Porsha , Dennis is just shady. He's still trying to keep communication open with his ex-girlfriend , he does not want to completely let go, not sure why .  Kandi is all over social media trying to clear herself from the incident at the party involving Porsha. She may not have known about it directly , but the right thing to do afterwards was to communicate with Porsha.  Nene I feel your pain , I went through the same thing with my father so I get it.  Sorry Cynthia, but I would not have let those heifers ask my man a dam thing.  Marlo , when was the last time YOU HAD AN STD?  At least Eva's questions were decent , Kandi always has to revert to her freak number.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

How is the chef talking about carrots disqualify her from being a vegan chef? Aren't carrots vegan?

Because carrots are a hybrid.  <insert eyeroll>  So are many other foods like peas, corn, potatoes, grapefruits, etc., that were hybridized as a part of cultivation hundreds to thousands of years ago.  

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She squirrels away money...that's why she shops at Swag Boutique, haha.

Lol!  I was about to say the same thing.  She's certainly smart enough, unlike Marlo and some of these other ladies, to shop for cheap/inexpensive pieces instead of sinking all her cash into things with a label.  Also, she's in the tech field, so she's also making good money outside whatever paycheck she's getting from the show.  I also really liked that she got up each time her doorbell rang to greet her guests (this was actually last week) instead of leaving it to her housekeeper (or whoever that other lady was).

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, preciousperfect said:

None of them really have any story lines anymore as far as I can tell.  Reading here tells me I'm not missing anything.  There's no way I would watch a Porsha-centric season.  Can't stand anything about her.  

• Love 5

What’s the point of having a hibatchi room when you don’t eat it any of it there and don’t watch the whole thing and just go upstairs to eat outside and with enough time passing that the food was probably cold. I get that production wanted the table because it’s easier to film and fight when the chef isn’t the center of attention but it was stupid and clunky as a segment. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What’s the point of having a hibatchi room when you don’t eat it any of it there and don’t watch the whole thing and just go upstairs to eat outside and with enough time passing that the food was probably cold. I get that production wanted the table because it’s easier to film and fight when the chef isn’t the center of attention but it was stupid and clunky as a segment. 

You would think that if you had the desire to have a hibachi cook table in your home you would have enough sense to cool the room somehow. That was ridiculous. More money than sense I guess. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

54 minutes ago, Reality police said:

You would think that if you had the desire to have a hibachi cook table in your home you would have enough sense to cool the room somehow. That was ridiculous. More money than sense I guess. 

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that the room probably is fine when it's just the cook and the folks eating.  There probably was more than just the ladies and the chef in the room; there was also the camera man, probably a producer or 2, and most likely additional lighting.  If I had the money, I would probably opt for one of the wood fire pizza ovens on my patio or something.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Because carrots are a hybrid.  <insert eyeroll>  So are many other foods like peas, corn, potatoes, grapefruits, etc., that were hybridized as a part of cultivation hundreds to thousands of years ago.  

Lol!  I was about to say the same thing.  She's certainly smart enough, unlike Marlo and some of these other ladies, to shop for cheap/inexpensive pieces instead of sinking all her cash into things with a label.  Also, she's in the tech field, so she's also making good money outside whatever paycheck she's getting from the show.  I also really liked that she got up each time her doorbell rang to greet her guests (this was actually last week) instead of leaving it to her housekeeper (or whoever that other lady was).

I'm really like Tanya so far...but she seems too normal and level headed for these women so we'll have to see if she survives past this season. Nene already seems reaching with her being offended by Tanya not putting her Swag glasses in the same category as expensive designer label...which it isn't. If anything, I thought Tanya's outfit in that showdown was to reflect that style isn't about the labels but the aesthetics...and let's be real, you don't have to spend $6000 on a dress to get the same kind of aesthetic from something you can pick up at the mall.

I did some research into her. She was nurse who likely got recruited from Toronto to NYC then to Atlanta. She didn't get into the Tech industry until after she met her husband and she is the Director for one of his businesses and pretty much learned on the job before she got her current gig. Considering that her husband has partners in his business, I'm inclined to believe that she's a smart cookie that has earned her title by delivering on company objectives and not because she's the wife of one of the owners. I don't think any a co-owner would compromise their profits for the sake of allowing one of the guys to hire his wife and put her in such a lofty position.

• Love 8

Portia bitching about Shamari staying downstairs and eating instead of her, the pregnant one, made me realize that pregnant Portia is going to be oh so extra. How are you going to not tell the rest of the girls you're pregnant and still expect them to treat you like you are? I feel like pregnant is to Portia as Armenian is to Sulahian and i'm not here for it. 

Also, Dennis is shady as hell and the fact that he's been doing exactly what Kandi said means she's owed an apology.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Porsha this episode leads me to believe that the rumours that Kandi passed along to her had some truth to it which led to Porsha needing to address them but also making sure to not make it look like it's something really serious. Dennis is shady as hell since he had Porsha telling him everything Kandi was telling her and he had no point thought it was a good idea to be transparent. He only admitted to it once he was officially caught and even then tried to turn it into a conspiracy of his ex trying to sabotage his new relationship. Without knowing his ex, I'd have to say it's probable but it makes it harder to give Dennis the benefit of the doubt when he's acting so sketchy. Porsha being pregnant didn't stop her aggressive attitude toward Kandi so makes it all the more believable to me that she was trying to act fresh with the ex getting up in her face and trying to intimidate.

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

LOL!!!  See I thought I misheard him.  I was like well hell, learn me something today, hybrid between what and what lol.   He was being a straight up asshole to his wife and the chef.   On your non appointment days you home all morning, how bout you find a chef you like.   Talmbout don't treat me like I'm handicapped.  Um, ain't this your house too?  Don't wait for me to ask anybody, you see all your guests milling around my island, go get some chairs.  Shit.

I was here for every bit of Porsha's conversation with Dennis.  I loved how she got at him, how direct but firm her tone was and how she wasn't leaving that bed or pickle without answers.   This part was unnecessary but, men.  I liked that she gave him the background as to why it's important not only to assert herself but to do it for something that's true.  She said look I spent time stanning for a whole raggedy ass marriage and at the end of the day I was hurt and looked a fool.  So if anybody out here comes to me with X and I say Y because you told me Y, then muffucah the truth bettsta be Y.  

I hated this here:

Porsha:  you still in touch with your exes and I don't like that

male gene:  you said your exes been in touch

me:  follow the bouncing ball.  we'll get to me in a minute, IF we even have to cause alllllll this time it hasn't bothered you enough to verbalize when I did it.  anyway, we were on you.  And why you lying.  About a chick that doesn't matter anymore.  

That rocks our boat is potentially the most self contained, succinct and poignant thing I've ever heard her say.  Many damn speeches as I'dn made about trust I could've been abbreviating my whole life.  That rocks our boat, muffucah. 

I also hated that she considers now the time to ask him some serious relationship-clarifying questions.   Girl now?  After ya'll d'n started growing a whole person?  K.

5 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

While Nene carries on about closets and shit.  Lol.   I can't even dig at her that there's no fan in the room, for a bish to think that up?  Tuh!

4 hours ago, Boofish said:

Of all the franchises I think fame has changed the Atlanta cast the most and in the most negative way. It makes the show hard to watch knowing they are all just jocking for their next gig (Nene), slapping their name on something for money (Porsha, Cynthia) or trying to sell tickets to a concert no one asked for (Sharami, Kandi). Every other franchise that fake a trip at least give it a fake purpose (charity, magazine, business venture, concert) but for Eva to just say "I'm taking everyone to Tokyo" as if she just got it like that. Bravo can't even come up with real reasons for these women to spend any time together

Porsha is 97 types of crazy out of 100..but I really wish Kandi would move on. You don't like her and you don't care if Dennis is shady or has ill intentions. You are 100% in this so you can watch the eventual downfall of the entire relationship. At least own that part. Porsha's reaction aside, it was an idiotic set up whether you were aware of it ahead of time or not. I just don't understand why she continues to water a plant then yell and scream about how she does not want it to grow. I'm also calling B.S. on how the lie Phaedra put out about the sex dungeon was affecting her, her brand and her career. I've never seen someone revel in these type of charges. Saying she is going to take shade and get paid?! First of Miss I CAN'T TALK UNLESS MY TEETH ARE TOUCHING how is sexual assault charges reduced to being "shade?" She didn't take those lies seriously and neither did anyone else. And now she is using it to make money which is just gross.

BWAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! 

And she is but I don't know if she can admit to being the bone carrier.  Can she?  Did Sheree say this about herself? I think Kenya name called her and it stuck.  

I think Kandi did take the charges seriously from the jump.  She had her lawyer send Phaedra a cease and desist.  I doubt her career suffered but she did catch a lot of smoke on social media - her fans, Porsha's fans, folk were like girl what is you into?  I'm not made at her for taking lemons and making lemonade lol.  But imho it's the original assertion that was gross, not the $ opportunity Kandi turned it into.  

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LOL!!!  See I thought I misheard him.  I was like well hell, learn me something today, hybrid between what and what lol.   He was being a straight up asshole to his wife and the chef.   On your non appointment days you home all morning, how bout you find a chef you like.   Talmbout don't treat me like I'm handicapped.  Um, ain't this your house too?  Don't wait for me to ask anybody, you see all your guests milling around my island, go get some chairs.  Shit.

I was here for every bit of Porsha's conversation with Dennis.  I loved how she got at him, how direct but firm her tone was and how she wasn't leaving that bed or pickle without answers.   This part was unnecessary but, men.  I liked that she gave him the background as to why it's important not only to assert herself but to do it for something that's true.  She said look I spent time stanning for a whole raggedy ass marriage and at the end of the day I was hurt and looked a fool.  So if anybody out here comes to me with X and I say Y because you told me Y, then muffucah the truth bettsta be Y.  

I hated this here:

Porsha:  you still in touch with your exes and I don't like that

male gene:  you said your exes been in touch

me:  follow the bouncing ball.  we'll get to me in a minute, IF we even have to cause alllllll this time it hasn't bothered you enough to verbalize when I did it.  anyway, we were on you.  And why you lying.  About a chick that doesn't matter anymore.  

That rocks our boat is potentially the most self contained, succinct and poignant thing I've ever heard her say.  Many damn speeches as I'dn made about trust I could've been abbreviating my whole life.  That rocks our boat, muffucah. 

I also hated that she considers now the time to ask him some serious relationship-clarifying questions.   Girl now?  After ya'll d'n started growing a whole person?  K.

While Nene carries on about closets and shit.  Lol.   I can't even dig at her that there's no fan in the room, for a bish to think that up?  Tuh!

BWAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! 

And she is but I don't know if she can admit to being the bone carrier.  Can she?  Did Sheree say this about herself? I think Kenya name called her and it stuck.  

I think Kandi did take the charges seriously from the jump.  She had her lawyer send Phaedra a cease and desist.  I doubt her career suffered but she did catch a lot of smoke on social media - her fans, Porsha's fans, folk were like girl what is you into?  I'm not made at her for taking lemons and making lemonade lol.  But imho it's the original assertion that was gross, not the $ opportunity Kandi turned it into.  

She into exactly what they said she into except she didn't want Porsha LMAO

She turning urine into lemonade - chiiilllle I'm not here for it but I will read the comments, talk about it and follow the hashtags

• Love 5
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yuck. All hibachi tastes the same.

But the B is bad to have her own table. Talk about trendsetting.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

Talk about trendsetting.

I wouldn’t really say it’s trendsetting more like a single persons random idea, I don’t know if they put in or bought the house with it, Teppanyaki grills which is what that was not a hibachi we’re actually in fashion in kitchens a few years ago. A dedicated room in that house seems odd given the size and her actual kitchen was kind of small.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think Kandi did take the charges seriously from the jump.  She had her lawyer send Phaedra a cease and desist

I hate to come off as a know-it-all but it’s actually called a cyst and decease. 😉

Personally, I would have posted last night if someone had made an episode thread, not sure how many other people here were just waiting for someone else to create it, too. But yeah, this show is far from its heyday.

Porsha’s talk with DNA Donor Dennis was so frustrating to me, she was much calmer than I would have been. I wanted to shout at her, “Run away from the bullshit!” It was far too much work to get him to (maybe?) realize what he did wrong and apologize for it.

Kandi likes to play like she’s the bigger person but it takes two to tango, these blow-ups with Porsha escalate and go on and on precisely because she can’t be the bigger person and just let it go. Not sure why she didn’t reach out to Porsha after the birthday party, either.

Looking forward to the Tokyo trip! I hope they give some decent screentime to what they see and do in Japan instead of focusing 100% on them being international hot messes.

• Love 9

I don’t think Porsha cares that much about Dennis. I think she just knew she was getting older and wanted a kid so she got knocked up. I can’t see their relationship lasting.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4

Greg is whining because he has to have blood tests.  I'm sure he's a joy at the doctor's office too.  Who's he going to point the finger at when his cancer  comes back?  And it will. He still had cancer cells and needed chemo.  I'm not a Nene fan, but I feel for her having to put up with his diet and other bull shit.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Greg is whining because he has to have blood tests. 

Not that he isn’t annoying but I thought he was mainly complaining that they wanted him to do a stress test even though he didn’t have sneakers.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, link417 said:

I hate to come off as a know-it-all but it’s actually called a cyst and decease. 😉

Personally, I would have posted last night if someone had made an episode thread, not sure how many other people here were just waiting for someone else to create it, too. But yeah, this show is far from its heyday.

Porsha’s talk with DNA Donor Dennis was so frustrating to me, she was much calmer than I would have been. I wanted to shout at her, “Run away from the bullshit!” It was far too much work to get him to (maybe?) realize what he did wrong and apologize for it.

Kandi likes to play like she’s the bigger person but it takes two to tango, these blow-ups with Porsha escalate and go on and on precisely because she can’t be the bigger person and just let it go. Not sure why she didn’t reach out to Porsha after the birthday party, either.

Looking forward to the Tokyo trip! I hope they give some decent screentime to what they see and do in Japan instead of focusing 100% on them being international hot messes.

Me too! I started the thread and I’m just a viewer.... from Australia!! I’m not even in the Timezone of the show and I started this thread, and another a week or so ago! 

Greg really is his own worst enemy isn’t he?! I dislike how his ignorance/stubbornness/fear (who knows?) around his cancer treatment is getting exposure. I wouldn’t want other people to ignore their doctor’s advice.... having said that, it is Gregg so he’s surely not a role model, and there’s probably only 20 of us diehard Housewives viewers still watching this particular version anyway!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, link417 said:

My apologies for ignoring proper wordage.  Lol!!  I called it that in some other thread and the amount of effort it took to explain where I got it after some board lovies were like that's not what it's called!!  I was like -_-  never. mind.

12 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Simple, she's money hungry. 

She might be but this isn't gone help lol.  Kandi's worth nearly $40M.  Big Brother winner take home is $250K gross, about 150 net.   However, a charitable contribution of that same amount will lower her taxable income.  

• Love 6

Hello Ladies,

The correct term is cease and desist form. I thought someone was being sarcastic, but I didn’t see a correction. Anyway, I’m starting to like Shamari and I adore Tanya. This show needs to bring Kenya and Phaedra back for some funny shade. 

• Love 1

No to Kenya coming back, yes to Phaedra!

Kandi annoys me because she never owns her messiness. I don't mind vengeance or pettiness, but I haaaate passive aggressive. This whole thing is backfiring on her because even her own fans are telling her to move on.

Dennis the menace...yuck. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Grambling Diva said:

Hello Ladies,

The correct term is cease and desist form. I thought someone was being sarcastic, but I didn’t see a correction. Anyway, I’m starting to like Shamari and I adore Tanya. This show needs to bring Kenya and Phaedra back for some funny shade. 

I think they were referring to Tamra of RHOC about the cease and desist from. She threw that term around a couple of seasons ago. Once again showing just how stupid she is. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She might be but this isn't gone help lol.  Kandi's worth nearly $40M.  Big Brother winner take home is $250K gross, about 150 net.   However, a charitable contribution of that same amount will lower her taxable income.  

My friend told me Kandi was going on Celebrity Big Brother and I said "Wait, Kandi Burruss?" She's got to have a new project to promote and the timing of CBB made sense or something, because I'm sure she a) has fuck-you money and doesn't actually need to work at all (she seems to legit like the hustle of having lots of stuff going on at once), and b) makes way more than winning that show would net her from literally everything else she does, including RHoA. Like, the equity she has in Joyce's house is probably more than that!

I can't wait to see Tokyo. It's on my bucket list.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not that he isn’t annoying but I thought he was mainly complaining that they wanted him to do a stress test even though he didn’t have sneakers.

Except lots of times they do a chemical stress test and inject medication to stress the heart like exercise would.  And, they probably didn't want to do it at that moment. It usually has to be scheduled ahead.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I realize that Kandi is verr-rry rich but I also think part of what keeps her rich is squeezing every ounce of blood from a stone. Although its paltry to her, that Big Brother check can pay for the twin babies' onesies!

That is still so tacky, though. What the hell is the matter with her?

• Love 7