Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

to say the reason the seller didn’t like it was. because he wasn’t in it? You’re joking, right? If I were the seller, contract cancelled when the listing time expires.

Attention future sellers in Tracy and Heather's market. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Good God! These people are so self-unaware!

Sure ladies, blame the client for having to take down the video.  The client was unhappy because he wasn't in it?? And you respond with sour grapes & sarcasm - instead of recognizing how dumb the video was, what a waste of money, & waste of the "carte blanche" faith put in them.

And Josh Flagg? Your new guy is not handsome (at least by L.A. standards - he looks like a big Baby Huey) but he IS a rather obvious ass-kisser.  Josh is lapping it up.  But the new guy's not only young - he's unsophisticated - tho eager to be "taught" by Josh in the finer things in life (that Josh's money will buy.) Once the new guy is sufficiently bought or tires of Flagg's "worldly" affectations (or as the new guy has already wised up to -- Josh's 80 yr. old persona) & the guy wants or needs to assert his own interests & opinions - there WILL be trouble in paradise.

And what about Tracy's "sad" brokers open?  Per usual, brokers came to chow down on the pedestrian free burgers, popcorn & cotton candy, took a quick perusal of the property - & bolted.  She was disappointed.  Not as disappointed as the seller if the market continues to tank, she never gets the multiple offers she puffed about & the seller is forced to take a loss.  

Tracy's daughter though - pretty personable for a 15 year old. Could be smarter than all of them. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 9
On 1/27/2023 at 2:17 PM, TheLastKidPicked said:

Bobby felt he was an equal partner to Josh.  He could stand up to Josh and tell him when he was wrong, as any good partner would do.  Josh should appreciate this in a spouse, but of course he'd rather be with somebody he can control.

I think Flagg looks at the Hollywood celebrities who were considered "eccentric" yet well liked.  Think of Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly.  Flagg thinks he can do the same.

The difference is that Paul, Charles, and the Leslie Jordan character had a playful relationship with the audience.  It was a fun case of,  "We know.  But he knows we know.  And we know that he knows that we know."

Perfect examples were Charles Nelson Reilly acting overly masculine and calling himself "Chuck".   And Leslie Jordan introducing his partner as "Benjie, my business associate."

Flagg doesn't have the subtlety to pull it off.  He doesn't appear eccentric.  He appears to be a jerk.

Love this analogy. But am curious as to what gave away my age so that I knew exactly what and whom you’re referring to. Xo

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, realityplease said:

Good God! These people are so self-unaware!

Sure ladies, blame the client for having to take down the video.  The client was unhappy because he wasn't in it?? And you respond with sour grapes & sarcasm - instead of recognizing how dumb the video was, what a waste of money, & waste of the "carte blanche" faith put in them.

And Josh Flagg? Your new guy is not handsome (at least by L.A. standards - he looks like a big Baby Huey) but he IS a rather obvious ass-kisser.  Josh is lapping it up.  But the new guy's not only young - he's unsophisticated - tho eager to be "taught" by Josh in the finer things in life (that Josh's money will buy.) Once the new guy is sufficiently bought or tires of Flagg's "worldly" affectations (or as the new guy has already wised up to -- Josh's 80 yr. old persona) & the guy wants or needs to assert his own interests & opinions - there WILL be trouble in paradise.

And what about Tracy's "sad" brokers open?  Per usual, brokers came to chow down on the pedestrian free burgers, popcorn & cotton candy, took a quick perusal of the property - & bolted.  She was disappointed.  Not as disappointed as the seller if the market continues to tank, she never gets the multiple offers she puffed about & the seller is forced to take a loss.  

Tracy's daughter though - pretty personable for a 15 year old. Could be smarter than all of them. 

It looks like Josh and Andrew are over.  Josh is back at the BH hotel and Andrew no longer works for Josh's real estate team.  Karma for Bobby!!!! 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
46 minutes ago, Genlovestv said:

It looks like Josh and Andrew are over.  Josh is back at the BH hotel and Andrew no longer works for Josh's real estate team.  Karma for Bobby!!!! 

But it was the love of his life! Lmao these ppl suck.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Genlovestv said:

Karma for Bobby!!!! 

In one of the previews, I heard Bobby say,  "Come on, Josh.  You're too successful to be this petty."

That shows Bobby has class for two reasons:

1.  Bobby is acknowledging that Flagg is successful, which is generous of Bobby to do.

2.  Bobby is above the petty bickering

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Flagg is incapable of seeing any faults in himself. If anyone calls him out or questions him he cries like a spoiled brat who was told they couldn't have a third serving of ice cream because there isn't any left. 

His mother has tried pointing this out but he scoffs and keeps doing things his way.

He'll go through two dozen or more husbands and partners before he dies. And he'll die feeling sorry for himself because no one "understands" or "loves" him and he won't understand why everyone abandoned him. 

My 'father' is like this. None of his four wives "understood" him. As far as I know the geezer is alone in his old age. It's his fault.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

In one of the previews, I heard Bobby say,  "Come on, Josh.  You're too successful to be this petty."

That shows Bobby has class for two reasons:

1.  Bobby is acknowledging that Flagg is successful, which is generous of Bobby to do.

2.  Bobby is above the petty bickering

I've adored Bobby from the get go.

It's infuriating to see the way Josh has acted toward him.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

This was the best episode so far, only because Bobby was in it. I would love it if the franchise dumped Flagg and brought Bobby on as a permanent cast member. It is glaringly obvious that the rest of Flagg's cast mates prefer Bobby as well, and only tolerate Flagg because they have to. Even Tracy to her credit told Flagg that she liked Bobby and wasn't going to act like she didn't at the co listing. 

While Tracy's daughter seems much more mature than her mother, I have no interest in filler of the two of them. Or Tracy and her boy toy at a party where Tracy is salivating over a bunch of guys. Yawn.

Where I live, water front property is actually on the water, not a property with a water view but a ways away from the actual water. And the bathroom they showed was so oddly laid out. The bath tub was stuck in between the two sinks. and across from the shower. WTF? In a view property the primary bath usually has a tub with a view. Even my ensuite tub has a beautiful lake view. This one seemed like an afterthought. For 20 million? No thanks. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
On 1/30/2023 at 8:39 AM, Genlovestv said:

Where did you get this scoop? I googled and came up with Josh gushing just before Christmas about how perfect Andrew is and that they have looked at wedding venues on different vacations. I am not on Instagram, but see that neither has current pictures of the two of them together.

But I agree, karma for Bobby, and honestly, karma for Flagg. One would hope he would learn from this, but I doubt it. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 5

I follow Bobby on ig and he posted something about how he has always wished Josh and his new guy well and how he hasn’t said much about the divorce etc. or has watched the show much but the videos ppl have sent him have Josh telling lies about him on the show. He didn’t get too into it but was saying he just wants peace from it all and for Josh to not speak about him I guess basically. Anyways he seems like the better person by a long shot and he’s actually entertaining to watch. Flagg is a fool.

• Like 11

This was a great, if awkward episode.

The more I see her, the more I like Julia. I know the door-knock thing was a scripted set-up, but she did do a good job. For a high-schooler, she way outshone Alexia Umansky. Her Mom should take lessons.

The mega mansion created by Michelle Lee looked mega-awkward to me in the above bird's eye view, although the interiors were nice. I think I would have kept the houses separate and just had a little compound.

I'm glad everyone is being friendly to Bobby. Josh is just going to keep replaying the same relationship scenario over and over again - not sure if he's capable of learning from past mistakes. He also needs to know he can play the field and not marry every single cute rando that comes his way.

I liked the investment property that Tracy's hairdresser finally sold much better than his primary pool-party residence. I was expecting something spectacular, and it was kind of a let-down.

In general, I am incredibly bored with the boxy ultra-modern new builds that get featured on these shows. They may have ultra pricey finishes, but they are soooo drab and dull, completely lacking any charm or character. I don't mind occasionally seeing one featured, but they all look identical to me.

• Like 13
6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

n general, I am incredibly bored with the boxy ultra-modern new builds that get featured on these shows. They may have ultra pricey finishes, but they are soooo drab and dull, completely lacking any charm or character. I don't mind occasionally seeing one featured, but they all look identical to me.

They look like a Ferguson's showroom:

image.png.6859ae28bb0e7adbe48b7201b413ce15.png

This was an interesting episode. 

When Flagg said he doesn't have to worry about Andrew wanting his money, he has his own money, I'm now wondering more about this kid. Family wealth? Trust fund baby? How does this 23 yr old have his own money? 

Also, Bobby was a realtor and a former very successful model before meeting Flagg so I assume he had some of his own money, too. 

Bobby did come off as a little bitchy and resentful and I was a bit disappointed but I guess it's from years of putting up with Flagg and all his bullshit. 

I don't ever need to see Tracy's daughter showcased. She seems like a nice enough kid but who cares. I'm always so underwhelmed by Tracy's team. They don't look like successful realtors to me. 

It's cute to see Altman and Heather on the floor playing with their kids. They seem like good parents and despite me not really liking Heather they have a solid relationship. 

• Like 11

Until the divorce is final, joint accounts are considered marital funds. My friend was going through a divorce and her husband was ordered by the court to replace funds he'd used from their joint account to pay for vacations with his affair. He also had to repay funds he'd used at strip clubs (to the tune of a couple thousand dollars).

So yeah, Bobby is right about that, although I doubt Flagg's vacation spending resulted in him needing to go on food stamps.

And yeah, the "co-listing" was totally for show drama 

Yay for Jim Palmer! Although the owner sure knew how to make him feel awkward.

• Like 6

Jim Palmer must have been in a car crash - one side of his face is burn scars.

As to Tracy and her current boyfriend at the Big Gay Pool Party - isn't he a professional trainer?  That's the perfect networking event for a trainer.  

• Like 3

Flagg revealing that Colton bilked him out of millions of $$$$ was mind blowing to me. Who would of thought? They never married, did they? Maybe they had business ventures together but I found that tidbit of info shocking. Maybe Flagg needs a financial advisor if he keeps getting screwed out of millions by his ex's like he says he does. Or maybe he's just whining to get some sympathy. Yet he jumps right back in to another relationship with a kid that will probably do the same to him.

I don't know about Flagg and his judgement anymore. 

Tracy at the gay pool party was so cringey. Trying to act like some hot shot queen and the guests not giving a shit about her. Hilarious! 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Flagg revealing that Colton bilked him out of millions of $$$$ was mind blowing to me. Who would of thought? They never married, did they? Maybe they had business ventures together but I found that tidbit of info shocking.

I wonder if Colton sued and was awarded the house and that's the "millions" Flagg is talking about. Or maybe they were ordered to sell the house and Colton got half of the proceeds. 

I remember Colton and Flagg treated him like he was supposed to be grateful Flagg even deigned to spend time with him. Flagg's mother even told him to get off it and start treating him like an equal. 

• Like 8

That Flagg had no friends as a kid (except school janitor or nurse) is very telling. He's an odd duck & when the attention isn't totally on him - he's out.  He's managed enough sociability to keep clients but his personal relationships devolve into a power struggle. That's fine when he's the object of slavish devotion but when he can no longer control the object of his affections with "gifts" (whether it be homes, cars, furniture for the household) & they part ways - Flagg claims it all to be "mine" (like a 2-year old)& expects them to leave the gifts behind when he or they leave. Control-freak!

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

The dynamic between Bobby and Josh was always so bitchy and bickering it seemed like a miserable way to live, constantly on guard from an incoming snipe.

I don't think its fair to say Colton bilked Josh out of money-he probably made a case that Josh gifted him things, maybe even a house?, and therefore should get to keep it.  Josh is just sloppy with his money and then thinks he can just take things back and storm off.

• Like 12
20 hours ago, Marley said:

I follow Bobby on ig and he posted something about how he has always wished Josh and his new guy well and how he hasn’t said much about the divorce etc. or has watched the show much but the videos ppl have sent him have Josh telling lies about him on the show. He didn’t get too into it but was saying he just wants peace from it all and for Josh to not speak about him I guess basically. Anyways he seems like the better person by a long shot and he’s actually entertaining to watch. Flagg is a fool.

Exactly how I feel. I've been following Bobby on IG. He's pretty much taken the high road, and it's disgusting to hear how Flagg talks about him on the show. It's clear the other cast members like Bobby too. He's a good guy. A sweetheart.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, realityplease said:

That Flagg had no friends as a kid (except school janitor or nurse) is very telling. He's an odd duck & when the attention isn't totally on him - he's out.  He's managed enough sociability to keep clients but his personal relationships devolve into a power struggle. That's fine when he's the object of slavish devotion but when he can no longer control the object of his affections with "gifts" (whether it be homes, cars, furniture for the household) & they part ways - Flagg claims it all to be "mine" (like a 2-year old)& expects them to leave the gifts behind when he or they leave. Control-freak!

I think Edith blew too much smoke up his ass when she was alive and that's why he is the way he is.

It's interesting that he reads as if he's an only child, despite having an older sister. Hopefully she's not as annoying.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I think Edith blew too much smoke up his ass when she was alive and that's why he is the way he is.

It's interesting that he reads as if he's an only child, despite having an older sister. Hopefully she's not as annoying.

If she was, guarantee she would find a way to be on the show.  The fact that she isn't tells me a lot.

• Like 9
On 2/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, bichonblitz said:

Tracy at the gay pool party was so cringey. Trying to act like some hot shot queen and the guests not giving a shit about her. Hilarious! 

She's so annoying.  I know it was all for the show, but making Juliet go knock on random strangers doors trying to sell a house--what the hell?  I also totally bristle at the whole "let's price it at this and get a pricing war going to drive up the price" strategy, so the hairdresser not being happy that he was getting just a tick over asking price really annoyed me.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

but making Juliet go knock on random strangers doors trying to sell a house--what the hell? 

I don't have children, but I wouldn't send them door-to-door trying to get them to sell a house for me.

You never know what kind of people they'll be coming into contact with and I wouldn't risk their safety that way.

• Like 6
On 2/3/2023 at 11:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

It's cute to see Altman and Heather on the floor playing with their kids. They seem like good parents and despite me not really liking Heather they have a solid relationship. 

I agree, and Heather said they would like two more kids.  She has it all.  A successful career now, and enough money to have nannies, and a staff of people to clean the house, run errands, prepare meals, do laundry, etc.  Oh, to be rich.  It’s refreshing to see a happy family for a change.  They sort of remind me of Dr. & Heather Dubrow.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I agree, and Heather said they would like two more kids.  She has it all.  A successful career now, and enough money to have nannies, and a staff of people to clean the house, run errands, prepare meals, do laundry, etc.  Oh, to be rich.

Yes, Heather does benefit from having money and will have a lot of help.

Even so, she does seem more grounded than Josh.  When he had an offer to sell their family home, Heather seemed sincere when she said "I don't want the kids thinking you always need to chase after the next big thing."

My respect for Heather went up a bit hearing her say that.

• Like 12
18 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Even so, she does seem more grounded than Josh.  When he had an offer to sell their family home, Heather seemed sincere when she said "I don't want the kids thinking you always need to chase after the next big thing."

Yeah, and Altman was all "but we could have made all this money!" Not taking into account the effect it has on kids whose parents are always getting bigger, more expensive and more luxurious "things" such as a Ferrari (that he wouldn't be able to take the kids out in).

For an example of how excessive acquisitiveness affects people see: Flagg.

• Like 7

I know the island I reside on is probably pretty sparsely populated... but, I don't like Bobby. I never did. Josh has his own issues, but I'd still choose him over Bobby every time.

Also, Tracey saying in a TH that she'd even resorted to knocking on doors aggravated me. YOU didn't do shit, lady. Your daughter did.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

I think their house was nicer and cozier than the more expensive ones.  I wouldn’t move either.  Just because he has money doesn’t mean he always has to look for the next best thing.  Good for her.   The Dubrows are now selling or already sold thst big monstrosity of a house she wanted.  It had zero warmth.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I agree, and Heather said they would like two more kids.  She has it all.  A successful career now, and enough money to have nannies, and a staff of people to clean the house, run errands, prepare meals, do laundry, etc.  Oh, to be rich.  It’s refreshing to see a happy family for a change.  They sort of remind me of Dr. & Heather Dubrow.

Who says they are really happy? Anybody can fake it for 10 minutes while on camera. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

Who says they are really happy? Anybody can fake it for 10 minutes while on camera. 

Ya think?  He looks like a wimp and wouldn’t fool around.  Her ?  I have no idea.  You never know.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Same. I think she's being sincere with regard to her comment.

I believe she started her real estate career at 17, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I believe she started her real estate career at 17, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Yes, Heather started out as an assistant for Madison (remember him?)

She was still working for Madison when she met and started dating Altman.

• Like 5
On 2/4/2023 at 10:34 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

She's so annoying.  I know it was all for the show, but making Juliet go knock on random strangers doors trying to sell a house--what the hell?  I also totally bristle at the whole "let's price it at this and get a pricing war going to drive up the price" strategy, so the hairdresser not being happy that he was getting just a tick over asking price really annoyed me.

Honestly, if a realtor (or even more annoying, a realtor's daughter) knocked on my door asking if I wanted to buy a house they were selling, I would immediately file their name in the back of my mind as someone I would never do business with. What Tracy did smells of desperation, and was pathetic in general. 

I also agree that going to this measure when they already had an offer over ask (all because she didn't get the multiples she was expecting) was annoying. I'd never use Tracy as a realtor in a million years. 

• Like 8
On 2/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, Surrealist said:

It's clear the other cast members like Bobby too

When Josh threw his hissy fit and stormed off because Traci and Altman were in contact with Bobby then they had this little meet up where Traci and Altman told him "We choose you" tells me they will kiss Flagg's ass and dump any friendship with Bobby they may have continued to have. They don't want to cross the almighty Flagg, king of the Beverly Hills real estate world!

On 2/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, Surrealist said:

It's clear the other cast members like Bobby too

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 5
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

When Josh threw his hissy fit and stormed off because Traci and Altman were in contact with Bobby then they had this little meet up where Traci and Altman told him "We choose you" tells me they will kiss Flagg's ass and dump any friendship with Bobby they may have continued to have. They don't want to cross the almighty Flagg, king of the Beverly Hills real estate world!

I kind of read that scene as them placating Flagg for the cameras.

We don't know who they are, and aren't, in contact with when the cameras aren't rolling.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 4

I loved seeing the homes from tonight.      The original Hollywood house, and the remodel by the two men were both unique houses.   I hope someone keeps the Lubitsch house as a home.     The flip/remodel the two men did was spectacular, and I loved the landscaping they did.     The inside wasn't for everyone, but it was still amazing.  

• Like 7
10 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Tracy with the ripped/slashed skirt and bare midriff outfit.

🤦‍♀️

What kind of Real Estate Agent dresses like Fredricks of Hollywood?  Heather, that’s who.  The skirt was up to her who-ha and the midriff top were ridiculous.  
The Lubitsch house was so unique.  Flagg should have bought it.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loved seeing the homes from tonight.      The original Hollywood house, and the remodel by the two men were both unique houses.   I hope someone keeps the Lubitsch house as a home.     The flip/remodel the two men did was spectacular, and I loved the landscaping they did.     The inside wasn't for everyone, but it was still amazing.  

I loved seeing the homes tonight too, especially the variety, each representing the different agent.  Flagg does know his vintage furniture/fixture/rugs!  He seemed right at home in the Lubitsch house, he should buy it.  

The house with the gorgeous landscaping was cool.  I hated the dining room with the round table and Czech chairs, it just didn't look practical. I didn't understand Tracey's reasoning with the beautiful dinner.  It looked like a great dinner, I would've loved it.  I'm questioning it's effectiveness as a marketing tool. 

Dolphin Street was unique, but am I the only one who wasn't impressed with that view?  It overlooked a highway, and it was a harbor.  So what?  $20 M?

Unpopular opinion:  I don't care how Tracey and Heather dress.  I don't even notice it.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Josh should buy that Lubitsch house before they tear it down.  I’m sure he has the money.  He loves that old look.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I loved seeing the homes tonight too, especially the variety, each representing the different agent.  Flagg does know his vintage furniture/fixture/rugs!  He seemed right at home in the Lubitsch house, he should buy it.  

The house with the gorgeous landscaping was cool.  I hated the dining room with the round table and Czech chairs, it just didn't look practical. I didn't understand Tracey's reasoning with the beautiful dinner.  It looked like a great dinner, I would've loved it.  I'm questioning it's effectiveness as a marketing tool. 

Dolphin Street was unique, but am I the only one who wasn't impressed with that view?  It overlooked a highway, and it was a harbor.  So what?  $20 M?

Unpopular opinion:  I don't care how Tracey and Heather dress.  I don't even notice it.

That harbor view in Newport Harbor is what you pay for 🤷‍♀️

I think Tracy and Heather dress well. It’s definitely a “look” 😘

• Like 3