Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Fredric has had a big team of agents in L.A. for a long time, and NYC, and Stockholm too.     I think after the blabbing about Flagg coming to Elliman (or however it's spelled), that the other agents refused to work with him on the show, and maybe in real life.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fredric has had a big team of agents in L.A. for a long time, and NYC, and Stockholm too.     I think after the blabbing about Flagg coming to Elliman (or however it's spelled), that the other agents refused to work with him on the show, and maybe in real life.   

Yeah I think that snafu by him was the final straw and the cast or Flagg at least put pressure on Bravo to ax Fredric.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Fredrik did not fit it with the LA crowd. His husband wanted to move to LA.  

Also Derek is from Zimbabwe. I'm assuming part of the motivation is the LA climate might be closer to the one he grew up in, not NYC.

• Love 2

I'm watching a video on Josh Altman's YouTube channel that was published on Feb. 4th.

My god, Heather is so, so thin! Her legs literally look like sticks. I can see her clavicle, and her collarbone and hip bones are sticking out. What happened to her?? She looks so unhealthy.

Josh, do something to help her, please!

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, Surrealist said:

Also Derek is from Zimbabwe. I'm assuming part of the motivation is the LA climate might be closer to the one he grew up in, not NYC.

Thanks for the info. He speaks English with a South African accent, which is close to Zimbabwe.

• Love 1

How did I not know that my dream came true and Fred is gone? That’s like the best news since Madison left!! No more gauzy talking heads. No more tantrums. No more silly day glo outfits. I am ready to jump up and down, but it would tick off my dog. 😂🎉

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Bobby also wanted to move to Palm Springs, and eventually retire there, so they were incompatible on at least two major issues.    I feel sad about them divorcing.     I like both of them.    I'm wishing both of them the best.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, pally said:

Bobby wanted children.  Josh didn’t.  That is a huge barrier to a long term successful relationship 

When Bobby talked about wanting children, I wondered about that. Josh never seemed interested in the idea.

That said I thought they were a cute couple. I really like Bobby. He seems like a great guy.

• Love 5
(edited)

Here’s another link about the divorce.

https://people.com/tv/million-dollar-listing-star-josh-flagg-and-husband-bobby-boyd-divorcing-after-5-years-of-marriage/

At the end of the article it says the couple got into an argument about something on this show a week before their wedding, however, why would Flagg be requesting support money from anyone?  I can’t recall the argument, though.

What I do recall is how invested Josh Flagg was with his former partner, Colton, who was also on the show.  It seemed very intense and real. Then it ended abruptly and Josh quickly hooked up with Bobby.  I found it bizarre and questioned it.  I never bought the new relationship. There’s a post or two of me saying that around here upthread. Of course, I like Bobby and they did seem happy later on, but I was always wondering what the deal was.  I wish everyone love and happiness, so hopefully they are happier going separate ways.   
 Here’s a summary about Josh and Colton.

https://otakukart.com/why-did-josh-and-colton-break-up/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

https://people.com/tv/million-dollar-listing-star-josh-flagg-and-husband-bobby-boyd-divorcing-after-5-years-of-marriage/

At the end of the article it says the couple got into an argument about something on this show a week before their wedding, however, why would Flagg be requesting support money from anyone?  I can’t recall the argument, though.

What I do recall is how invested Josh Flagg was with his former partner, who was also on the show.  It seemed very intense and real. Then it ended abruptly and Josh quickly hooked up with Bobby.  I found it bizarre and questioned it.  I never bought the new relationship. There’s a post or two of me saying that around here upthread. Of course, I like Bobby and they did seem happy later on, but I was always wondering what the deal was.  I wish everyone love and happiness, so hopefully they are happier going separate ways.   

I too thought he jumped into the relationship with Bobby awfully quickly after his previous relationship with Colton ended.  I thought he was wowed by Bobby's looks (I'm totally not into his type but I definitely see the appeal).

Maybe since Bobby seemed to also want to be in the spotlight and had a real estate career of his own, in addition to the children and where to live conflicts.

That being said, I did like the way Bobby called Josh out on his BS when he was acting childish, selfish or entitled and unreasonable.

I like Josh, but he is very much about himself and doing what he wants.  His own mother called him out on that (although she was probably a prime contributor to why he's like that).  He probably needs to be single so he can do what he wants when and where he wants.  And he can sell the house and move back to a "condo in a high rise" like he prefers.

I'm sure this is tough on the both of them.  It's a shame.

Edited by rhofmovalley
  • Love 7

I recall feeling slightly uncomfortable when Josh was showing Colton a house that he had picked out for him.  It might have been the last time Colton appeared on the show.  Josh didn’t seem to involve Colton at all.  It seemed super controlling and disrespectful, imo.  Was it for the show only?  Idk, but it has left a lasting impression of how he operates in relationships.  I like him for the most part, but find that he is very rigid, which he attempts to disguise with humor.  He is also quite charming, but in the end, he is who he is.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What I do recall is how invested Josh Flagg was with his former partner, Colton, who was also on the show.  It seemed very intense and real. Then it ended abruptly and Josh quickly hooked up with Bobby.  I found it bizarre and questioned it.  I never bought the new relationship. There’s a post or two of me saying that around here upthread. Of course, I like Bobby and they did seem happy later on, but I was always wondering what the deal was.  I wish everyone love and happiness, so hopefully they are happier going separate ways.   
 Here’s a summary about Josh and Colton.

https://otakukart.com/why-did-josh-and-colton-break-up/

Never been through a divorce but a lot of it “doesn’t make sense” until you hear how lawyers get involved. My guess is he asked for spousal support as a defense for when Bobby asks for spousal support. I don’t understand divorce, but know that once lawyers get involved “amicable separation” is almost impossible. 

As for the breakup itself, like most on here I liked them together and thought they complemented one another. I do think Josh changed, but if children was an issue and where they each want to live is an issue than those are two pretty big hurdles that would break up a lot of couples. Without knowing more, I can’t really blame either for breaking it off. Neither is right or wrong, they just want different things (again, this is assuming there isn’t more to the story). Hope for the best for them both. Bobby can still meet someone and have a family in Palm Springs and Josh can move on (though he may have trouble finding someone like Bobby again). 

• Love 5

Damn I just saw on ig about their divorce. Nobody seems to stay together anymore. Everyone is always oh we grew apart. Does anyone even try to stay married anymore. This kind of rant isn’t just about them but a lot of couples. Shouldn’t people talk about having children and stuff before getting married? My favourite is when couples say they love each other so much and are still best friends lol ok then why are you getting divorced.

I suspect Flagg will now hook up with a lot of younger men and get a young trophy husband eventually and prob have another 2 divorces in the future.

I was genuinely saddened when I saw Josh's Instagram post last night. I really like Bobby and felt the complemented one another well. I also really enjoyed the chemistry Bobby had with Altman's wife Heather. Who knows what issues were really happening behind the scenes, but it sounds like the prospect of children and where they would ultimately live proved to be insurmountable obstacles.

I wasn't watching the show when Josh was in his prior relationship with Colton, so I have no idea what their dynamic was, but I agree with the poster above that Josh is probably accustomed to getting his way in a lot of things. He might do better as a single guy about town for some time after this, rather than throwing himself into any committed relationships.

I honestly don't recall ever feeling this bummed about a celeb break-up before! I wish the both of them all the best as they go forward. 

• Love 9

If I recall correctly at the end of the last season of MDLLA, Josh was talking about how he might have kids because Bobby wanted them, but then said that he liked his life as it was and was uninterested in changing it, while Bobby seemed kindof annoyed by this. I could be misremembering the specifics, but that was definitely a dynamic. 

Then there is Josh's greater professional success in their shared field and Bobby's obvious resentment of being known just as "Josh's husband."

Add to that all the fact that Josh is pretty rigid and also seems to be an alcoholic, it is hard not to see why this relationship ended. 

It's a shame because I do like both of them, and at their best, they seemed to bring out something really good in the other one. Their shared sense of humor seemed to denote a real bond. 

In the end, though, not really surprising--so much so that I had actually just started following Bobby on instagram this week because I knew something like this was coming

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Bobby also wanted to move to Palm Springs, and eventually retire there, so they were incompatible on at least two major issues.    I feel sad about them divorcing.     I like both of them.    I'm wishing both of them the best.   

I'm sad to hear this, too. I think it was more of a kid thing than a Palm Springs thing. Josh and Bobby (mostly Josh) are wealthy enough to own homes in both Palm Springs and LA, they could go back and forth between the two when ever they wanted. Just goes to show you don't ever know what goes on behind closed doors. I thought they would make it. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Shouldn’t people talk about having children and stuff before getting married? My favourite is when couples say they love each other so much and are still best friends lol ok then why are you getting divorced.

I know! Why not discuss children before getting married? I always thought Josh jumped in to the relationship and married Bobby too soon, he was so infatuated with him. I didn't like Bobby at first, thought he was a gold digger but he grew on me and then I liked them as a couple. They had a fun banter between them and seemed to get each other. Wouldn't surprise if one or both of them are  already involved with others, though. Bobby is a great looking guy and Josh is cute and rich and knows everybody in town. Won't be long before we hear about the new romances!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I did like the way Bobby called Josh out on his BS when he was acting childish, selfish or entitled and unreasonable.

I like Josh, but he is very much about himself and doing what he wants.  His own mother called him out on that (although she was probably a prime contributor to why he's like that).  He probably needs to be single so he can do what he wants when and where he wants.  And he can sell the house and move back to a "condo in a high rise" like he prefers.

I also liked that Bobby wouldn't put up with Flagg's crap.

For what it's worth, I like Bobby and Colton. I think this all boils down to being a Flagg issue. There's nothing wrong with being single by choice. I feel as if the men Josh gets involved with get more hooked on him than he does them.

Don't get me wrong, I like Flagg's quirks, but it seems as if being romantically involved with him would be difficult.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think it was more of a kid thing than a Palm Springs thing. 

This is what I think too. Flagg never struck me as the Dad type. Bobby, on the other hand, seems very kid friendly.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:52 PM, Surrealist said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Flagg's quirks, but it seems as if being romantically involved with him would be difficult.

I never got the couple vibe from Josh and Bobby that I got from Josh and Colton.  J & B just seemed like best friends, to me anyway.

• Love 3

I always felt that Josh stayed with Colton through his beloved grandmother's passing, and needed tremendous emotional support.  Remember they lived at the Four Seasons (or the Ritz Carlton), as Josh couldn't even bear to look at personal real estate?  He was truly & completely heartbroken.  

It always seemed to me that once he was through the hardest part of that mourning, grieving process, his relationship with Colton ended too.

Then, he met tall, handsome Bobby, and game on.  There wasn't any drama:  It was a fresh emotional state, and they were in the same business.  With Colton, his emotions may have gotten tied up with his sadness at his grandmother's passing.  So along comes Bobby, with a clean slate.

But Bobby clearly wants children, and I could see Bobby wanting to move to raise a family.  It's possible that when they were in the initial phases of physical attraction/lust/falling in love, they did discuss these things, but more in a "yeah, we'll get to all that later, but for now, let's rip each other's clothes off".  So now, it's later, and it's just not a lifetime, permanent match.

I adore them both, and I wish a lifetime of happiness for each of them, whatever that may be.

I do hope we continue to see Bobby.  For now, I'll follow him on IG & Youtube.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 3/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, Surrealist said:

Josh Flagg just posted (on IG) that he and Bobby are divorcing.

Josh's Post about His Divorce

I like Bobby. I thought he and Josh complemented each other. This is sad.

Here's Bobby's post, which is a little more substantive.

Bobby's IG Post

That's a shame,  I really thought they were a good couple,  Josh needed Bobby to keep him grounded.  Josh can be a bit much,  I love him but he would be hard to deal with every day. 

Edited by jrzy
  • Love 5

I wonder if Josh just wanted to go back to living in his "Josh bubble". And being married to Bobby wouldn't allow that to happen. He seems very much like a stubborn, self absorbed (not selfish) person who struggles with taking others into consideration, such as his chronic lateness and his callous disregard for how inconvenient it is for others to have to wait for him. 

Maybe the single life with just casual dating would work better for him. 

As for Bobby, I can see him meeting someone new and starting a family fairly quickly. I just hope Josh doesn't get territorial and throw some kind of tantrum if he does.

• Love 7

Ah, I am sad about Josh and Bobby breaking up. Mostly for selfish reasons because I will miss seeing Bobby. I really enjoyed the mini Josh and Josh series because there was more Bobby (and no Tracey or Fredrick which was a bonus). I wish them both well, but think as some others do that Josh would be a very high maintenance person to being in a relationship with.

At least there is some good news, that Fredrick is not returning, I didn't mind him on the NY version, but did not like him in LA at all. I think it is a good move on his part to step back from the franchise altogether. I wonder if his ego was a bit bruised when Josh and Josh got the short spin off? 

• Love 8

I came here to see what people were saying about the divorce.  My feeling is that you could always sense some tension underneath, so this didn't surprise me.  I like them all, so I'm sorry for them.  But watching them was always like going to dinner with that couple that's always sniping at each other and making everyone else uncomfortable.

• Love 4

I will miss David and James, they were nice people, who sell high end real estate, and were a refreshing change from some of the others on the show that are so over the top.     My guess is that the show filming interferes with their real estate business, with the filming and other time the show takes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I will miss David and James, they were nice people, who sell high end real estate, and were a refreshing change from some of the others on the show that are so over the top.     My guess is that the show filming interferes with their real estate business, with the filming and other time the show takes. 

Yes, I liked them but James sometimes had temper tantrums when deals were falling apart.

• Love 2

Aww.... Boo. Sorry to hear about the Brits leaving - I enjoyed them, as they were low-key and pleasant, and any shenanigans on film were usually gently amusing rather than about drama or back-stabbing.

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked both, but won't miss them. I wouldn't mind if the show stayed with the Joshes and Tracy (even though I know some of you dislike her). I don't mind her. She has actual chemistry with the Joshes.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

I don't understand how they will carry a full hour show with only three leads.   I'm hoping it doesn't include more personal stuff about Tracy, and her bachelor life now.  

I want to see real estate, home tours, and not personal stuff. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't understand how they will carry a full hour show with only three leads.   I'm hoping it doesn't include more personal stuff about Tracy, and her bachelor life now.  

I want to see real estate, home tours, and not personal stuff. 

It will probably be a mix of Tracy as a powerful girl boss who is also a victim every time she doesn’t get what she wants. 

• LOL 5

I will say they have a boat load of current and ex soap stars selling Real Estate in LA. I think they pass the realtor test like memorizing their script. It’s a breeze. Especially, when done online. LOL!!!! I’m sure one of them would mix in with the show pretty easily. 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say they have a boat load of current and ex soap stars selling Real Estate in LA. I think they pass the realtor test like memorizing their script. It’s a breeze. Especially, when done online. LOL!!!! I’m sure one of them would mix in with the show pretty easily. 

Honestly I hope they steer away from that. We have Selling Sunset if you just want to watch glamor-drama with the occasional house sale. I like when the cast lives and breaths real estate with deeper knowledge of the properties such as the history or the architecture. That's one aspect that makes Flagg a fun watch and to lesser extent Altman. 

• Love 10
On 4/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, lynxfx said:

Honestly I hope they steer away from that. We have Selling Sunset if you just want to watch glamor-drama with the occasional house sale. I like when the cast lives and breaths real estate with deeper knowledge of the properties such as the history or the architecture. That's one aspect that makes Flagg a fun watch and to lesser extent Altman. 

My fear is that this show will turn into Selling Sunset or Real Housewives with more drama and less house porn. 

2 hours ago, Showthyme said:

My fear is that this show will turn into Selling Sunset or Real Housewives with more drama and less house porn. 

It’s likely. They’ve been moving in that direction for years. Now that they have some personalities it’s much easier to just film family stuff than real estate. If you want real estate porn I suggest you check out Enes Yilmazer or other YouTube channels. There’s some cool stuff out there. It’s what I wish these shows were, anyway. 

• Love 3

Bye, Fred, be gone! Sorry to see the Brits go. But looking forward to seeing more real estate challenges and, I guess, Josh's dating life? I'd prefer him delving even more into the history of Hollywood homes.

Sorry, Bobby, hope you find a new guy who also wants to be a dad.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

looking forward to seeing more real estate challenges and, I guess, Josh's dating life? I'd prefer him delving even more into the history of Hollywood homes.

Sorry, Bobby, hope you find a new guy who also wants to be a dad.

My wish for the both of them as well. I'd love to see historic homes handled by Josh to  be sprinkled throughout the season. It would be a nice change of pace from the concrete and glass boxes we normally see on the show.

• Love 7
On 3/8/2022 at 11:25 AM, rhofmovalley said:

Maybe the single life with just casual dating would work better for him. 

He had a new boyfriend like a minute after the breakup with Bobby. He said he knew the guy from the real estate biz and they were friends. He doesn't casual date, he has serious relationships until he grows tired of it and eventually always does. Then, on to the next! I've lost respect for him and gained respect for Bobby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8