Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Marley said:

I think James is rich but not mansion rich. Like compared to me he’s a rich mf but compared to other rich ppl he’s barely rich.

Yeah, I read an article earlier this year that was ranking the net worth of the MDL brokers. Not sure how accurate it was, but James and David were listed as being worth significantly less than Flagg, Fredrik, Altman, and Tracey (and Ryan Serhant). They were only above Tyler and Kristen from the NY show. Now, like you said, compared to me, they’re RICH lol, but probably not compared to other really rich people in NY and LA. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

James' "modest home", in California, is probably $2-3 million.  

In many other states, it's a $400K house.

Also, he's the sole wage earner, raising a family.  I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Plus, I like that it's a homey house.  Not a glass & concrete box.

The one question I have is, do David & James ever do any individual deals?  Or is every sale a split?

When I saw James’s house I was like, He lives in Knots Landing?! Excuse me for showing my age. LOL!!!! I agree about the house price there and in anywhere USA. Totally different worlds. I think I’ve only seen the kitchen which is nice but very average and now the garage which was really, really average. I like him though. He’s got style but he seems more effortless about it. He’s not trying too hard to be slick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I read an article earlier this year that was ranking the net worth of the MDL brokers. Not sure how accurate it was, but James and David were listed as being worth significantly less than Flagg, Fredrik, Altman, and Tracey (and Ryan Serhant). They were only above Tyler and Kristen from the NY show. Now, like you said, compared to me, they’re RICH lol, but probably not compared to other really rich people in NY and LA. 

All things considered, that’s probably a plus for James and David. Really rich people on TV always have to worry if people like them for their money or fame. The fact that James and David’s families don’t seem super materialistic and don’t seem interested in being part of the show is actually probably signs they’re in healthy relationships. James’ wife seems like she doesn’t mind occasionally being on screen, but she doesn’t ever try to get in the middle of the drama and pick fights. In fact, when James and Fredrik were fighting at Fredrik’s party she was off to the side laughing at the whole thing. 

• Love 6

Does anyone know if Josh Altman’s brother Matt has ever been asked to be on the show (full time)? If he was did he just decline the offer? I know reality shows aren’t for some people and maybe he prefers his private life private. 

• Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 9:12 PM, Thumper said:

Does Tracy like to show off her body? 

Is the Pope Catholic?  Does a bear shit in the woods?

On 12/19/2021 at 1:58 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet Sue Wong had no intention of selling the estate, The Cedars, and it was just a storyline to show her designs, and then promote her other homes in the area that she's flipping and selling in Los Feliz.    

Bing-bing-bing-bing!  Exactly what I was coming here to post.  I went a-googling to see if The Cedars had sold, and couldn't find any mention of it ever having been for sale.  I DID, however, find lots of articles about Sue Wong's upscale flipping business, and the pieces fell into place.  The Cedars was just a backdrop for the MDLLA season finale, and Sue benefitted by getting millions of eyes on her showpiece.  Personally I don't think The Cedars is the best advertising for the work she's doing for (more normal, relatively speaking) clients, but what do I know.  

• Love 4

I'm watching the Josh and Josh, with Bobby and Heather first episode in Palos Verdes.   I love the view.    The interactions between the two Joshes is hysterical, and Bobby really adds a lot.   I'm sure the 'have to sell' this week is a story line, but I'm having fun.  

I love the private bus to the house, and the private chef. 

I love that Bobby Boyd has his own online cooking show.   

From what I read on the cable guide, this will be episodes set in places we never see on the show.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

His cooking segments on YouTube are a lot of fun to watch (with some nice easy recipes). He seems like a sweetheart, and am glad he's being featured a bit.

Re: Palos Verdes - the view YEAH! The house? Meh. But as Flagg said, the entire price is for the land. Can you really see all the way up to Malibu from there? Anyway it was a stunning view.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the J & J show more than I thought I would!  My DVR auto-recorded it as part of my MDLA recordings, but I really loved it.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Heather & Bobby, and the fact that enough focus was on them and what they bring to their respective marriage tables.  

Bobby, please stop with the Botox.  In his talking heads, nothing below his nose moves.  He's such a handsome guy, but the frozen mouth is distracting.  He & Heather probably "lunch & tox" together.

The flashback of Heather (with Madison) showed such a different girl.  I remember thinking she was so cute.  She's still an attractive woman, but so different.  

I also wonder if they'll delve more into Josh & Bobby + a baby.  Now that they have their $25,000....dog!!, maybe a baby will make 4.

• Love 5

So is anyone else worried about Flagg's drinking? I mean, I enjoy a glass of wine myself, but he is literally drinking in every single scene of the first Josh & Josh episode, inc. the interviews. I'm concerned that he has a pretty serious drinking problem, behind all the (frankly quite enjoyable) schtick. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the Josh and Josh, with Bobby and Heather first episode in Palos Verdes.   I love the view.    The interactions between the two Joshes is hysterical, and Bobby really adds a lot.   I'm sure the 'have to sell' this week is a story line, but I'm having fun.  

I love the private bus to the house, and the private chef. 

From what I read on the cable guide, this will be episodes set in places we never see on the show.    

I haven’t seen it, yet, but did it seem like a one-off event or a trial to see if there could be a spin-off? I’d miss seeing James and David (and the more elegant homes they represent) but I’d much prefer a version of MDLLA that didn’t involve Tracy and Fredrik. 

• Love 4

There are going to be four episodes, three seem to be at locations we've never toured properties in, outside Beverly Hills, and the  metro L.A. area.      Maybe they'll do a few episodes at the end of each season from now on.    I really liked knowing more about Bobby and Heather, and Josh & Josh.      

There's a new one next week also, on the 30th.   I'm looking forward to it.  

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/million-dollar-listings-josh-flagg-dropped-30000-dog-ate-drywall.html/  George the dog, was returned to the breeder, by the people who had him before Josh, supposedly the family was allergic to him.    Then Josh Flagg bought him from the breeder, and dog supposedly had a lot of training.       I don't see that Flagg sent the dog back, but I could have missed that.   However, dog ate the wallboard, baseboard, window sills, and the dog walker dropped George as a client after George bit another dog.     He may be from the same breeder, but apparently not the same parents, or he's the naughty child of his family.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed the Josh and Josh show, mostly because of Bobby. And the fact that there is no Tracy. Bobby is such a gem. Altman typically didn't get it when both Bobby and Heather said they were more than just the spouses of Josh and Josh. Altman's reply? Behind every great man there is a great man or woman. Pretty much making it all about himself, and negating everything they had just said. He never changes.

3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I also wonder if they'll delve more into Josh & Bobby + a baby.  Now that they have their $25,000....dog!!, maybe a baby will make 4.

Have Josh and Bobby ever discussed children? Fredrick always wanted children, so it was no surprise when he and Derek had them. But I can't remember ever hearing J&B talk about kids. I got the impression when Heather was talking to her daughter who was whining about her brother, that Bobby was quite happy to be childless. Or maybe that was just me projecting my feelings onto him - lol. 

Is the dog they are showing the poor one that Flagg returned? I was annoyed when he complained that the dog took a dump - as he put it - on a $40,000 rug. First of all, accidents happen with new dogs. And if he took a dump, that means that you weren't taking him out to do his business often enough, Flagg. And finally the dog doesn't know -or care - that his pretentious owner paid $40,000 for a rug. I like Flagg, but that bothered me. If Josh returned a dog because it wasn't like Tracy's dog Jake, he should not have children. You can't return children if they don't have the personality characteristics that you prefer. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Altman typically didn't get it when both Bobby and Heather said they were more than just the spouses of Josh and Josh. Altman's reply? Behind every great man there is a great man or woman. Pretty much making it all about himself, and negating everything they had just said. He never changes.

Have Josh and Bobby ever discussed children? 

Is the dog they are showing the poor one that Flagg returned?

I don't know of any dog that Josh returned.  Josh's new dog, George, was returned to the breeder by the people who had him before, due to allergies.  It looks like George is still Josh's dog.

Re:  Josh & Bobby discussing children.  In one upcoming episode, Bobby talks about having a child, and Josh rolls his eyes, but that could be something they're discussing.

Agree with you on the way Altman made the comment about Bobby & Heather all about himself!  Sheesh.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I don't know of any dog that Josh returned.  Josh's new dog, George, was returned to the breeder by the people who had him before, due to allergies.  It looks like George is still Josh's dog.

Let's hope so. Just read an interview with Josh from September where he talks about how unhappy he is with the dog. I hope he is joking. Also saw a picture from Oct 2020 of Josh and Bobby with two little white dogs called Trouble and Jax. Have we seen those dogs? I only remember Tracy's dog Jake at Flagg's, but maybe missed them since the show makes a big deal of Josh taking Tracy's dog to his house. 

Yes, they've had Trouble and Jax for a long time.  I'm sure no matter how irritating George's behavior is, that he has a forever home.  

I agree with Josh, I bet there were no allegies involved with returning George to the breeder, I bet the previous people didn't want to deal with him.        

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Tracy's outfits are ridiculous.  I cringe at that peach satin thing with the dog collar neck band in her talking head, then that backless, leather banded skirt thing was just confusing.   Come on T, you're too lovely to wear such trashy clothes.

The Laguna Beach house was nice, but, look at the one South of it with the lighthouse.  Now that one is amazing.  Zillow has a lot of photos and history of it.

Tired of the faux Frederick drama, and although his partner is handsome, he is also very dull, I keep imagining him having a whole different life in a hidden room in his studio, and he rushes out of it to be standing with a paintbrush in hand and set up easel when Frederick stops by for an unwanted cuddle.  hahaha   

I have always liked Josh A, he loves, loves his dog's, always has.  He seems to be not into status dog ownership.

Edited by Pine
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Pine said:

I have always liked Flagg, he loves, loves his dog's, always has.  He seems to be not into status dog ownership.

I also like Flagg but if he wasn't into status dog ownership he would adopt one rather than pay that ridiculous $25,000.

Adopt don't shop.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I also like Flagg but if he wasn't into status dog ownership he would adopt one rather than pay that ridiculous $25,000.

Adopt don't shop.

Sorry Welshman, I meant Josh A.  I have always adored the other Josh too, but, not happy with his status dog buying.  Just get a Standard Poodle, you will be much happier.  :)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Flagg looks different to me; like he's had his eyes done. Both of them have a strange, artificial look in their talking head segments.  Kind of disappointing. Flagg & Bobby are too young to be messing with Botox, eye lifts, etc.  But in the world of LA, it's probably the norm.  

Hate to break it to you, but Flagg has been getting plastic surgery since before he was on the show. If you go back to the first season he was on he talks about getting a chin implant and (I think) a nose job?  I lived in Florida (boob job capital of the world) and always said boob jobs were “gateway surgeries”. Girls would get boob jobs as high school graduation gifts, and then a few years later start getting Botox, fillers, etc. Once you’ve had one procedure done it must be a lot easier to convince yourself to get more and more. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Flagg also said the dog had six months of training, at L.A. prices, that's a lot of the price he quoted.     

Sorry Crazy but we're talking LA (Los Angeles) & not LA (Louisiana) and $25k was probably the base price for the dog with some very expensive training on top, yes it's a ridiculous amount but we're talking about Josh Flagg here who thinks nothing of spending $40k on a rug.

• Love 3

Yea I’m not doubting he would spend that I just don’t see how that dog is that special to be worth that much. I love dogs and would probably murder someone for my dogs lol and I’m not gonna lie I have a dog I spent $2500 on but I just can’t wrap my head around $25K. I’m not rich tho and do not live in LA so I need to just get over it lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, Starlight925 said:

On a podcast he said the dog was in training for like 6 months which was the biggest chunk of the price tag.  Still a too expensive mutt but it is a trained expensive mutt!

• Love 2
On 12/25/2021 at 4:12 PM, Pine said:

Sorry Welshman, I meant Josh A.  I have always adored the other Josh too, but, not happy with his status dog buying.  Just get a Standard Poodle, you will be much happier.  :)

I have never understood the Doodle craze - get a POODLE they are the best.  And if you want a rescue - go to a POODLE rescue and you can have your own much cheaper DOODLE.  I show Aussies and I have been asked to allow my dogs to be bred to poodles for Aussie Doodles.  First thats a a big no.  Second who in their right mind would breed a double coated breed to a poodle to create a coat that would make any groomer cry.

But they get $6500 each which is way more than mine are (before people get in a huff I only breed for something to show and my last litter is about to turn 6 LOL)

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode of MDL. It was a great idea to bring Bobby & Heather along to help the two Josh's sell the property.

The  Josh's are much better behaved when they have their spouses around.

I would support dumping Tracy & Fredrik & replacing them with Heather & Bobby next season.

I would love to see Heather & Bobby showing properties.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 10

I'm just now (finally) watching the first Josh & Josh episode. And all I can think is: can this be a new show, period?

I also love that Bobby and Heather are featured. I've always liked both. 

The Queen's Necklace view at night is GORGEOUS

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I have never understood the Doodle craze - get a POODLE they are the best.  And if you want a rescue - go to a POODLE rescue and you can have your own much cheaper DOODLE.  I show Aussies and I have been asked to allow my dogs to be bred to poodles for Aussie Doodles.  First thats a a big no.  Second who in their right mind would breed a double coated breed to a poodle to create a coat that would make any groomer cry.

But they get $6500 each which is way more than mine are (before people get in a huff I only breed for something to show and my last litter is about to turn 6 LOL)

I agree 100%.   Kirkland, Washington seems like the Doodle Capital of the world.  The in chichi dog for Microsofties and Googlites.  Do people understand how many generations of this mixed breed crosses make for the same coat you will get with a Poodle?  Ever wondered what happens to those dogs?

In his early seasons, Altman was almost a dealbreaker for me on this show. But I always at least thought he was good at his job (something I never seem to think about the Brits, only one of whose name I can even remember. They're nice enough, but I lose interest when they're on screen) and he loved his dogs and they loved him. That is always endearing to me. And when he met Heather, their dating could have been a storyline, because it's reality TV but it didn't feel like it. I was rooting for them, even as I still couldn't stand Altman. 

But he's pretty likable now, and I still think he's good at his job. It was also interesting seeing show some self-awareness and vulnerability in talking about his feelings (even if it was to Pinsky, blech), which shows more strength than his past swagger (he still has that but it's at a bearable, to me, level now). I'd also like to see Heather featured more. She seems to be doing her job and I get she's got skills. Like seeing her sitting typing a counter feels like she's really doing it, not liked it's for show. I could lose Frederk, who I used to love, or the Brits, and get some new people. Heather would be a good choice.  

Always got a kick of out Flagg. He's still a character and just odd but also seems good at what he does. 

All in all, the four of them together are fun to watch. I don't care if the situation is or isn't contrived. It's fun! 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Darian said:

I'd also like to see Heather featured more. She seems to be doing her job and I get she's got skills. Like seeing her sitting typing a counter feels like she's really doing it, not liked it's for show.

I felt the same. I missed the earliest seasons when they first aired, but hadn't realized Heather got her real estate license at 17. That's pretty impressive.

I can see why it would suck to be in Heather's and in Bobby's shoes: to only be thought of as "the spouse of..." when you have your own life, friends, and accomplishments. I think both Joshs would be difficult to live with on a daily basis. So, hat's off to Heather and Bobby.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

I really enjoyed the first Josh and Josh episode. I don’t particularly mind David and James, but I’d be ok with losing them. I’d definitely be ok without Tracy, and especially Fredrik.

Fredrik has a NY vibe & attitude which really doesn't work well in the much more laid back world of LA & he hasn't adjusted his style. Tracy is just another 50 year old who thinks she's still 25 so dresses like it although nobody of any age would wear some of her crazier outfits.

I like the British guys, not sure why. 🤣

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I like the British guys, not sure why. 🤣

I do.  They're not inauthentic like Frederick, they're not obnoxious like Altman, and they're not entitled like Tracy.  They're down to earth, they don't take themselves too seriously, and they have a sense of humor.  I especially love their relationship with Flagg.

• Love 12

I agree, I like the Brits.  No, they don't pull down these $50 million deals, but they are kind, authentic people with a real love and respect for each other.

I get that they were initially put on this show via Mauricio of The Agency, but I do enjoy seeing them work with each other so well.

When they were very first on, several years ago, I was so positive that this would be a huge Bravo storyline:  Best friends & partners have massive blow-up, and that they'll never speak again, but Bravo can keep it interesting by showing them fighting, ignoring, and working against each other.

Brits:  1, Bravo 0.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 7

I just watched the first Josh & Josh episode and really enjoyed it.  The house was so much less over the top than many of the houses on the show and the view was amazing.  
I thought Bobby was very funny, like when he said Flagg may not have upper body strength but his liver is mighty.  And that Flagg didn’t really find him in a toy store.  
I enjoyed seeing Heather too.
the only part I’d have removed from the episode was the underwear scene, could have done without that!  
the cannabis cultivator was an interesting customer.   
wonder if we’ll see what the jeweler does with the stones.  

• Love 4

I'm loving the Josh & Josh Aspen episode.    How adorable that Flagg & Altman's parents are such great friends.       I really enjoyed the $40 million house, with all of the spectacular authentic finishes.     I really like Altman's parents' house too.   I think it was cute that Altman's mother confided she didn't want to sell to Flagg, because she couldn't tell her son.  

I loved the Heather and Bobby cooking segment too. 

I'm looking forward to the Napa trip next week. 

I'm wondering if the leak about Flagg going with Elliman was a storyline?     Just another set up for the Fredrik is an outsider storyline?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

This was a fun episode. I'm not usually a mountain person (even though I live near some) but the Aspen scenery was just spectacular. 

Architecturally, neither house was my style, but they certainly made the most of the surrounding scenery, and it was fun looking at all the collectibles and oddities in the 40 million $ home. The two sets of parents were cute, and it's neat that they decided to befriend each other even back when their sons were not getting along.

2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I really want to hang out with Bobby and Heather all day. Just chillin' out.

Same! Their portion of the show was so relaxed and enjoyable. For those who haven't done so already, I highly recommend looking up Bobby's YouTube videos - they have a similar vibe. I'd also like to stroll with Flagg around the neighbourhood martini in hand and have him give me a run-down on the history of the houses. Both Altman and Flagg did well when they chose their respective spouses.

If any of the press leak story is true, I can understand why Frederik would be dead to Flagg. Holy stress - I could feel the anxiety of that situation coming through the screen. Glad Flagg was able to exit and get set up at his new agency, because that could have gone horribly sideways.

Really loving this show so far!

• Love 12

Loved the Aspen episode too. 

Altman’s parents were pretty cute. Especially his mom.

I’m liking Bobby and Heather too. She actually seems pretty relaxed with everything.  Feel like I’m seeing a new side of her or something.

You can tell why both Joshs are good at their jobs.

I don’t know if the leak story was true but if it was I would believe it cause Fredrik seems like he would be a snake like that. I also highly dislike Fredrik so I may be biased lol.

I have newfound appreciation of both of their relationships. I think both Joshs have really good supportive spouses.

I can’t believe Altman used to annoy me so much. I really kind of like him now.

Flagg and Altmans mom are really cute together.

I hope Bravo doesn’t try fucking with this show too much because it’s perfect right now.

• Love 9

Josh Flagg was on Jeff Lewis' Sirius show and Frederik came up as someone who reached out to Jeff to be on the show and Josh's attitude flipped to HELL NO.  He said that it would come out on the show (which it has now) and that he was dead to him.

Josh and Jeff are friends and Frederik never came on the show.  The fact that EVERYONE on MDL cannot stand Frederik and how he has a blabber mouth.  I prefer Josh and Josh to MDLLA

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

How adorable that Flagg & Altman's parents are such great friends.     

So cute when Altman's mom said she sent a Facebook msg to Flagg's mom. Hey, our sons are friends so let's be friends, too!

10 hours ago, Marley said:

I can’t believe Altman used to annoy me so much. I really kind of like him now.

Having children changed him for the better. He seems like a loving dad and good husband. It also helps that Heather keeps him grounded, she's a good match for him. 

• Love 11

Frederik’s manufactured drama is a waste of my watching time.  But no doubt in a coming episode we’ll see him with his pout/smirk and ‘I don’t know why they’re mad, I was just trying to….’ routine.    

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, CattyK said:

Frederik’s manufactured drama is a waste of my watching time.  But no doubt in a coming episode we’ll see him with his pout/smirk and ‘I don’t know why they’re mad, I was just trying to….’ routine.    

He should have kept his NY vibe & attitude in NY. He's nothing but a drama queen who can't stand anyone else getting attention & thinks the world revolves around him.

• Love 8

In the early MDLNY days, I loved Frederik, but he managed to erode that And though I know he's probably there for drama and not going anywhere, if he did leak the story and it can be proved, I wish Bravo would dump him. Getting a fellow agent and castmate fired is a step too far. Maybe it's a storyline, but it also something that seems like Frederik would do.  

But to focus on the positive, which is everything else, this show is gold. Seeing two happy marriages, getting to see the spouses with them and interact, and the whole vibe. Years ago, if Altman had made the "you're a professional bull rider," I feel like it would be have with his whole former chest-thumping attitude but this was funny and goofy and made me happy for them being so happy together. And Bobby doing his thing and being so supportive of Flagg. I know it's only four episodes, but I hope the network is getting lots of positive feedback and gives us more. Should I/we hit them on social media or what? I want more!     

• Love 9

I didn’t hate Fredrik at first but over the years he’s bought into his own hype. He thinks way too high of himself. He gets more dramatic and prima Donna as he gets older. I can’t stand him on the NY version either.

• Love 6

I can't abide JA's mother!** Plastic surgery has not helped her, either.

And not for a second do I believe the Altmans were planning to sell their Aspen home! I believe, rather, that they wanted to be featured on an episode. 

I adore Josh Flagg. 

**She does, however, have superb taste in dogs! I could watch endless hours of hers!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3