Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

Also note reality shows don't fall under SAGAFTRA.  The "performers" on reality shows are not guild members.  

However, a California court ruled that the Coogan rules still applied in a case with Octomom.  June probably wanted Alana's money from The Masked Singer.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just saw on Distractify that Sugar Bear 2.0 apparently got hisseff a set of choppers and Mama Jerkweed has what appears to be new veneers.  The claim over there is that she's married the grifting little troll.

I thought it was rather interesting that looking over the various articles on the site, Mama June's Instagram posts might get 5,000 likes but Pumpkin's get over 100,000.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, slasherboy said:

Did pumpkin actually have twins recently? Since it was posted here, I haven't seen anything else about it. Anybody know anything?

I found this online: https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/lauryn-pumpkin-shannon-gives-birth-to-twins-with-josh-efird/

Wow! Their son Bentley is only 11 months old. Daughter Ella is 4 and I think they have custody of Alana as well. That's a houseful.

However, Lauryn does seem extremely responsible for a 22 year old. (unlike her mother)

• Love 7

Wow , it’s actually true that Pumpkin and Josh had twins last month? She’s only 22 and already has 4 kids plus custody of Alana? I might be a terrible person for saying this , but I think it’s time for them to close up the baby production permanently. This show and paycheck will not last forever and neither of them is educated.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6

Not much to say about last night's show, other than: Sugar Bear v.2.0 doesn't have many/any teeth, right? He never opened his mouth wide enough to see, but his mouth has that 'toothless hillbilly' look. Also, the sisters are all fat, but they sure look healthy-beautiful skin and hair.

However, the teaser for Love After Lockup was FIRE, and Super Size Salon (?) looks like yet another freak show.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, sempervivum said:

Not much to say about last night's show, other than: Sugar Bear v.2.0 doesn't have many/any teeth, right? He never opened his mouth wide enough to see, but his mouth has that 'toothless hillbilly' look. Also, the sisters are all fat, but they sure look healthy-beautiful skin and hair.

However, the teaser for Love After Lockup was FIRE, and Super Size Salon (?) looks like yet another freak show.

In the Super Size Salon (actually Baby Doll Beauty, Las Vegas) trailer, was that June in the purple dress at the end?   

I swear I saw June at the end, twirling for the camera. Here's the link, unfortunately, I don't think you can skip the ad at the beginning. 

https://www.wetv.com/shows/super-sized-salon--1054417

Is Pumpkin one of the two women at about 49 seconds on the trailer, and June in the laveder dress at about 50 seconds?

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In the Super Size Salon (actually Baby Doll Beauty, Las Vegas) trailer, was that June in the purple dress at the end?   

I didn't see her, but I could have sworn I saw Lauren/Pumpkin.

• Love 1

How is it that nobody in Pumpkin's household has been vaccinated? That is unbelievable. At the very least, Alana seems like someone who would want the vaccine as son as it was available. Josh, I can kind of see being someone that questions it, and Pumpkin I'm kind of surprised isn't vaxxed, but maybe because she's been continuously pregnant for the last two years, is why she didn't get the shot. Poor Josh, He really got hit hard, I'm glad he is ok and hopefully has no aftereffects. WTF was with that lupus like butterfly rash June had across her face? And all that acne all of a sudden. Whoa.

That squeeze cheese into the macaroni, sooo gross. Cook some ACTUAL "real food" for your family, Pumpkin. Ella saying she wanted to be a Gummibear when she grew up was hilarious!

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Pumpkin I'm kind of surprised isn't vaxxed, but maybe because she's been continuously pregnant for the last two years, is why she didn't get the shot.

Pregnant people can be vaccinated and it even can help protect the newborn.  She may have initially been concerned, but it's now considered safe.  They may have all been anti-vax.  

WTF was with that lupus like butterfly rash June had across her face? And all that acne all of a sudden. Whoa.

Rosacea perhaps?  I saw it and went uh oh.  Minus the acne it mirrors the rash I frequently get.  She's never claimed she has lupus, but perhaps she should check into it if the rash recurs.

That squeeze cheese into the macaroni, sooo gross. Cook some ACTUAL "real food" for your family, Pumpkin.

I'd like to think normally someone actually cooks, but recovering from COVID Pumpkin went for easy.  I know when my daughter had COVID and her husband had a pre-paid weekend trip, she had him buy pre-prepared food so the kids could microwave things for themselves.  She never buys that kind of thing unless she's very sick or injured.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I wonder if she is now vaxxed once she realized that it can be very dangerous. Part of me feels like if you were being tested that often and truly weren't doing anything then maybe I'd understand. 

• Love 2
On 6/25/2022 at 12:32 PM, sempervivum said:

Yeah June def. has a type 🤢

pc-mama-june-new-boyfriend-confederate-flag-comp.webp

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Is Justin the one stringing her along for rent and cars while engaged to someone else or was this some other shitturd?  I can see the low-rent fiancée telling him to stick “with” the meal ticket awhile longer to grift everything they can.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Is Justin the one stringing her along for rent and cars while engaged to someone else or was this some other shitturd?  I can see the low-rent fiancée telling him to stick “with” the meal ticket awhile longer to grift everything they can.  

Right or at least until he gets a new set of teeth. June is just a toxic waste dump that waddles. Why is meth mouth so eager to meet her kids? Creepy and strange. I bet once they stop filming she will follow him back to Alabama

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Is Justin the one stringing her along for rent and cars while engaged to someone else or was this some other shitturd

Well, I have no doubt he is also using June for her money, but there had been a previous boy toy- I think he was 24- who was replaced by |Justin/meth mouth. That was the 'one in Alabama' that Pumpkin was referring to. I didn't realize til I saw June and justin side by side how tiny and frail this dude is. 

I thought the therapy session was actually moving- poor Josh is suffering more than June's kids (or at least he's more open about showing it). I used to think June was an uncouth, but good-hearted yokel, but she's really a terrible person.

Ginger Baby Ben is absolutely adorable.

• Love 8
(edited)

I always like to look what's in the background and noticed on Pumpkin's kitchen counter a lot of junk food. There were Little Debbie Honey Buns and Little Debbie Oatmeal thingies, which are scrumptious, and several bags of chips.

I was disappointed in Josh when Alana came out to meet her date and he said she looked like a marshmallow on top of blue jeans. She did, but that wasn't necessary to say in front of the boy she has a major Crush on.

I hate how June grins when she talks. I guess it's better than scowling, but can't she just talk like a regular person? Stupid me to think that.

Pumpkin comes across as a really caring mother to Ella and Bentley. She seems like a natural when dealing with the baby and even though I don't know her personally, I'm proud of her for that. She's really patient in what is often a chaotic situation.

Still don't understand why Jessica doesn't have a job. Get a job, Jessica!

Edited by slasherboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

There were Little Debbie Honey Buns and Little Debbie Oatmeal thingies

Were they leftovers from "Mama June Southern Treats"? HA! Remember when June talked about selling them (another money making scheme from their illustrious manager Gina)?  Looked like they contained some cheap Little Debbie type stuff like the "fat cakes" June claimed she broke her teeth on.

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 1:05 PM, 4N6MAL said:

Why is there a lock box on the front door of Pumpkin’s house? Do they really own the house or is it for sale or what?

They might film at a rental house or Airbnb.  Lots of shows do that, to protect the filming from onlookers, and from stalkers.   Lots of landlords or apartment complexes don't allow filming either. 

And June might be buying her Mama June's Southern Treats at the cheapie outlet bargain stores, that stuff is often pretty old.  It's still the name brand item, but when the date runs out, they often resell to outlets.   Old treats can mean dried out and tough, so I can see breaking a tooth on something like that. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, 4N6MAL said:

Why is there a lock box on the front door of Pumpkin’s house? Do they really own the house or is it for sale or what?

Maybe for production to be able to get in if no one's home?   Just spitballin' there.

4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Were they leftovers from "Mama June Southern Treats"? HA! Remember when June talked about selling them (another money making scheme from their illustrious manager Gina)?  Looked like they contained some cheap Little Debbie type stuff like the "fat cakes" June claimed she broke her teeth on.

Looked like a box of cheap shit and snack cakes.  And it was a SUBSCRIPTION thing if I recall correctly.  And I'm sure the orders were poooooouring in.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, 4N6MAL said:

A lot of the time, shows don’t film the real exterior of the homes of their “stars”. The inside will be real but not the outside. It’s a safety issue. I remember reading that the Kardashian show did not film the real exterior of the homes for that reason. 

• Love 3

It broke my heart when Josh said that June's disappointed Alana so much that she's just become numb.

I smirked when June said, "If they want to be around me, they're gonna have to.." They don't want to be around you, dumbass.

The first boundary Pumpkin should have laid down is that June not be allowed to just show up without calling first. Or that they only meet her away from their home and never have her in it again.

LOL Pumpkin ALSO thinks Justin looks like Sugarbear!

• Love 12

Not positive about this but when Alana was eating during her date with Justin, it looked like she had TWO good-sized hamburgers on her plate.  It was just a split second view.  Not exactly healthy.

Is fowling a new activity/sport (throwing a football at bowling-type pins)?  I've never heard of it here in So. California.  Alana and her date didn't seem to be able to knock many over.   It didn't look like much fun.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, Armchair Critic said:

So none of them have gotten the Covid vaccine? I guess that shouldn't surprise me.

All the people I know who've gotten Covid were fully vaccinated. One of them always masks up still, constantly washes up, won't get close to people etc. She thinks she and her equally cautious family caught it from some unmasked person who was coughing it up on a plane.

What's with June living in a trailer? I thought she just bought a new house. She's disgraceful with her entitled self. Best she could do is disappear from her kid's lives and let them be in peace. No longer interested in her. Just bring on family Pumpkin and Josh, and of course, Alanna. I think Mama has caught on she won't be much in demand without Alanna and the rest of her kids, therefore she moved in on them again.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

The honey buns and oatmeal thingies weren't cheap knock-offs, they were the real thing. I paid close attention.

Also, Alana had one big hamburger cut in half. I paid close attention.

Food is my life.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

Okay, so I was confused so I did some research (I Googlified it!). The boy toy June spent $50k on who then got engaged to someone else is named Jordan McCollum.  The new guy is called Justin something.  (Too indifferent to do proper research on his last name.) 

I cannot believe I totally missed the fact that Justin looks like Sugar Bear 2.0!!!  I didn't even think of it until Pumpkin mentioned it.  Her comment about all his missing teeth being due to meth use was a zinger. 

I was wondering that perhaps Jessica doesn't have another job because she doesn't have transportation.  They seem to live out in the middle of nowhere and there's no public transportation at that kind of location. I don't know how much she makes per episode, but perhaps she's saving up. (Or, she makes so much she doesn't NEED another job and they keep the family together for filming purposes.)

I agree with the poster above who said that was uneccesary for Josh to make his comment about Alana looking like a marshmallow in front of her date. 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 7
On 7/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, slasherboy said:

he honey buns and oatmeal thingies weren't cheap knock-offs, they were the real thing. I paid close attention.

Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. My mother kept these on a top shelf and doled them out like treasure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I hope this isn't just scripted and that Pumpkin and Jessica actually are standing up to June. They have given June too much rope, now let her hang herself with it.

I wonder if Alana's boyfriend is a bit mentally off or slow? I may get flamed for this but I will be honest, a normal 21 year old guy is not going to want to say he is dating Honey Boo Boo.

There is NO way June used to weigh 550 pounds (yes I watch too much of My 600 Pound Life).

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh goodness I used to know what June's heaviest weight was.  Let me search my computer.

Does anyone get the paid to be on show vibe from Alana's boyfriend?  He seems odd.  Maybe uncomfortable on camera or weirded out by the family?  I wouldn't want my high schooler dating a 21 year old.  

ETA:  The weightloss article said her highest weight was 460 pounds.  If we believe the tabloid, that was her max.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The weightloss article said her highest weight was 460 pounds.  If we believe the tabloid, that was her max.

I thought she actually was about 350 at her highest weight. June is a liar and this show plays a lot of editing tricks so who knows.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wish they could find a way to support themselves without being on tv. But I hope this is true that June will be cut out:

Mama June Shannon's daughters Lauryn 'Pumpkin' Efird and Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' are reportedly set to star in their own reality TV show without their mother.

Link to article

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wouldn't want my high schooler dating a 21 year old.  

There is a similar age difference between Pumpkin and Josh, and Lord knows how old June's baby daddies were when she had Anna and Jessica.  It's normal for this family.

The editing for tonight's episode was so weird.  The baby went from newborn to crawling to around 4 months old. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1