Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Cut this heifer loose and make her earn a real living.  

Honestly I don't know WHY they made her the centerpiece.   The show started about Alana and her kooky family.  Alana was always the draw not June.   I can see how June said "well if you want Alana you have to showcase me."   But now that Pumpkin has custody of Alana, they can cut June loose and just focus on Alana and her sister as they help Alana grow up and try to put her poor upbringing by June behind her.   THAT would be a redemption story -- for Alana.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
On 2/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, slasherboy said:

According to Instagram, Sugar Bear and Jennifer have gone their separate ways. Instagram won't let me copy & paste it but it's under this account: officialhoneybooboofanpage

If there's anyone I dislike more than June, it's Jennifer. Spiteful being - and since she's the new one in town, where does she get off acting like everyone's done her dirt?

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, Sile said:

Lots of BSOJs for one episode...

It looks like they're playing fast and loose with the timeline because Pumpkin didn't look nearly two weeks away from delivery when they were at the courthouse in Alabama.  Does anybody have the dates for the court date and Bentley's birth.  Meanwhile, Bentley, really?  I can't get the image of Paul Benedict from The Jeffersons out of my head.

For a show that's talking about drugs, abuse, etc. etc. their censorship rules certainly seem wacky.  When she was in the car talking to June, Pumpkin had a lighter in her hand that they blurred out.  Was it just because of the visual of her smoking while being pregnant that did it, or have we really gone that far that children can watch all of this seamy reality but heaven forbid they be scarred by seeing a lighter???

I would not be surprised.  I was watching a doc on Brady and Hindley (the Moors murderers) a month or so ago and there was actually a warning about people smoking.  Yep, all of the gory details, along with photos, that accompany a story about child murderers, but it was the archival footage of a cop smoking a cigarette that we had to be warned about,

Yes, I've noticed the same thing: Warning: sex, drugs, nudity, foul language, smoking.

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Who the hell sends a 15-year-old off alone with a stranger from an airport.  

I couldn't believe the hired car was going to take June for a two hour ride to wherever she chose to go.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I really wish they wouldn’t all exclusively baby-talk to Ella.  At this point I think she’s the most articulate family member!

I can’t believe that June is fine with looking like, let alone *being*, a complete asshole.  I feel like she seemed to be a decent mother on HCHBB.

Maybe she got pregnant at 15 because she’s one whose whole self -worth is tied up in male attention 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, teapot said:

I really wish they wouldn’t all exclusively baby-talk to Ella.

I wish they wouldn't keep dropping F bombs every other word in front of the children.  If I'm in another room when the show is on, sometimes all I hear is "bleep, bleep, bleep......"

• Like 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I guess it's obvious June was never a 'good' mother because she let her one daughter get molested and chose not to believe her.  She has had quite a few boyfriends who have served time for molesting children so just that right there should explain everything about her.

I think 'back in the day' we were all new to 'reality tv' and her and Sugar Bear and them eating spaghetti with ketchup was charming?

Someone explain to me how she has $50k to spend on her boy toy and how Gina the agent hasn't made sure the kids got most of the money from the show since they've been carrying it for the last few years.

And Mama June makes more money then the 90 Day Fiance couples?

How did DODO end up normal and June a raging drug addicted dick chaser.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I guess it's obvious June was never a 'good' mother because she let her one daughter get molested and chose not to believe her.  She has had quite a few boyfriends who have served time for molesting children so just that right there should explain everything about her.

I think 'back in the day' we were all new to 'reality tv' and her and Sugar Bear and them eating spaghetti with ketchup was charming?

Someone explain to me how she has $50k to spend on her boy toy and how Gina the agent hasn't made sure the kids got most of the money from the show since they've been carrying it for the last few years.

And Mama June makes more money then the 90 Day Fiance couples?

How did DODO end up normal and June a raging drug addicted dick chaser.

Mama June has always put her kids last.   Two of the daughters were from her liaisons with the same man, and he's in jail for years, and on the sex abuser registry, she dated another one a long time ago, and recently that's another registered pedo, so she never made decent choices.   I haven't looked, but I would guess that since June, everyone of her boyfriends, Sugarbear, and everyone else in June's life has a long record, then I would guess the new guy/supposed husband does too. 

She always dumps her kids on others, but that's probably a good idea for the kids.  She's going to end up broke, and alone, and I won't feel sorry for her either.    Or someday she'll OD, and that will be it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Well I found the answer I was looking for Mama June makes $25k a month and now owes $800 for Alana and spends the rest on boy toys.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5470610/mama-june-tv-salary-pumpkin-child-support-800-monthly/

No way she really makes $25K a month and only pays $800 a month in child support.   I got people barely making above minimum wage paying more than that in child support in my cases.   Alabama uses guidelines.   Which means its a simple calculation.   her income and possible Pumpkin's, maaaaybe Alana's dad is considered the other parent.    

https://www.custodyxchange.com/locations/usa/alabama/child-support-calculator.php

Even if you have no income from the other parent, its $1500 a month.    Now it changes on how much time with the paying parent and income, but $800 is LOW for someone making that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think 'back in the day' we were all new to 'reality tv' and her and Sugar Bear and them eating spaghetti with ketchup charming?

Just for the record, I've never found that Charming. I was totally grossed out.

But I must admit, those girls have come a long way from eating sketti with ketchup to eating filet mignon with crab and shrimp. Good for them, but a pox on June. Pure trash.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

She'd only be paid by episode not on a monthly basis for the TV show.  The court filing probably has her average earnings per month from all sources over a period of time such as the last six or twelve months. 

• Love 4
(edited)

It was nice to see the three sisters out for a decent, splurge meal. They all deserved it.

I was amused with Pumpkin's sneak massage. You get your me time, girl! Do that more often!

I am sad for Alana because she can't count on either one of her actual parents and has now written both of them off. She is practically an orphan. Pumpkin rules. I don't know how she turned out to be such a good parent except to do everything that June wouldn't do and nothing that she would. And Josh is a stellar dad.

If June keeps ditching the camera crew and producers, she will find herself out of the show for good. I hope the producers begin to notice that people have more of an interest in seeing how the daughters are doing rather than June's obnoxious antics again. Cut her off.  I did say earlier that I didn't think June was back on drugs, due to the cost of it, (what I thought were) her precarious finances (although she somehow found 50K to throw around on her little boyfriend who never was, haha) and her tenuous status with the show, but when she snarled, "You're getting on my damn nerves" at the producers, I really thought, well, yes, she might be back on drugs again. Especially when she's running away from her show obligations again. How long will it be before June gets arrested again?

Come on, WE TV. You did an entire season without June, you can do another one without her.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, slasherboy said:

Just for the record, I've never found that Charming. I was totally grossed out.

Huh. My brothers and I used to put ketchup on spaghetti when we were kids and we grew up nowhere near Appalachia, we grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood with two parents that had advanced degrees. It just tasted good.

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
On 6/11/2022 at 5:51 AM, merylinkid said:

No way she really makes $25K a month and only pays $800 a month in child support.   I got people barely making above minimum wage paying more than that in child support in my cases.   Alabama uses guidelines.   Which means its a simple calculation.   her income and possible Pumpkin's, maaaaybe Alana's dad is considered the other parent.    

https://www.custodyxchange.com/locations/usa/alabama/child-support-calculator.php

Even if you have no income from the other parent, its $1500 a month.    Now it changes on how much time with the paying parent and income, but $800 is LOW for someone making that much.

Isn't the child custody case and support in GA? It is crazy how every state is different. I left my ex and we were in NY and it was a % of your income for support, which would have meant over 10k a month and and I moved to UT which at the time was had a cap which meant even if you made 7 figures which my ex did , I got under $900 a month. Fot over 30 years in Utah the cap was $881 a month (which does not include child care, medical, or educational needs, the $881 is for food, housing, clothing) .  I know people say put money away for college but unless you get enough to pay in full , it is better to have nothing put away. My child with my ex had some money put away and it made financialy aid a mess with lots of loans and little aid, so they are taking classes slowly and living at home. My other child had nothing put away, and got 100% paid for, no loans , because they had nothing saved. 

WeTV cant pay that much. I read the orderand the 25k did not include wetv since the show was not renewed yet. From other shows I would guess wetv pays for the housing (I really think pumpkin is in an airbnb/rental), nights out, food, travel, and I would guess 40k each, so 40k to Josh, Pumpkin, Alana, Mama (not sure about Ella or Jessica). The ratings are not high and the network has limited distrubution. The really money is made int he side gigs and it seems like JUne gets more than the girls (sad). People seem to want cameos or shout outs  by crazy mama June not Pumpkin the nice stay at home mom. 

If the house is an airbnb or rental, I wonder how does it work with Alana's school? Is she just going to go online even though in person is back? I also wonder what it is like for the kids Ella and soon Bentley to be moving from their home to the filming home and back? It must be confusing. 

• Love 1

I felt for both Jessica and Alana when they realized that, once again, June had decided some man was more important than them.  Neither one of them is that good of an actress so the looks of disappointment and hurt had to have been real.

I am also a member of the Pumpkin and Josh fan club.  There's no way that I could have carried the ball at her age like she has.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

The Boo Boo family did not grow up in Appalachia. That area has enough negative stereotypes without throwing this clan in the mix.

I'm aware of that. I used it as a figure of speech, but ha ha.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, newyawk said:

It was nice to see the three sisters out for a decent, splurge meal. They all deserved it.

I was amused with Pumpkin's sneak massage. You get your me time, girl! Do that more often!

I did say earlier that I didn't think June was back on drugs, due to the cost of it, (what I thought were) her precarious finances (although she somehow found 50K to throw around on her little boyfriend who never was, haha) and her tenuous status with the show, but when she snarled, "You're getting on my damn nerves" at the producers, I really thought, well, yes, she might be back on drugs again. Especially when she's running away from her show obligations again. How long will it be before June gets arrested again?

I was thinking, “100% they ordered  those steaks well done!”

do we know why she’s called Pumpkin?  I’ve just always wondered that

June’s eyes are closed in her confessionals!  Yes I know she’s visually impaired but she doesn’t *always* look like that!!!!

• Love 4

Pumpkin and Josh are fucking rock stars. I’m so proud of the adults they’ve become. Watching Pumpkin interrogate Alana’s new boyfriend was masterful. I can’t even imagine where Alana be right now if it wasn’t for Pumpkin and Josh 

• Love 7

I agree @Cabarb for someone as young as Pumpkin and had such a lousy upbringing, she is. I was also proud of her for giving Jessica a piece of her mind about sending the articles while they were doing their interview. I would have written June off years ago, especially selling their house and their belongings from under them. I get she had addiction issues, but Mama June only cares about herself.  Sadly, I know a women who is well educated that just jumps from men to men, moving them in with her daughters and her, I worried for her kids and have no respect for her

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I agree @Cabarb for someone as young as Pumpkin and had such a lousy upbringing, she is. I was also proud of her for giving Jessica a piece of her mind about sending the articles while they were doing their interview.

The only reason I could see for that was to warn Pumpkin in case Inside Edition had gotten wind of it and tried to blindside them (I don't watch the show so I don't know how predatory they are about that kind of stuff).  It seems she only sent it to Pumpkin, so that might have been her thinking and Pumpkin shouldn't have shared it with Alana right then, but maybe spoken to the producers to make sure things would go as previously discussed.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2

I often wonder if Alana is still believing she is going to have a big Hollywood movie or TV career outside of this show.   I think Pumpkin is trying to keep her grounded in reality and I think that once this show goes off the air, Alana will be forgotten until she shows up as a Daily Double trivia question on Jeopardy.  

But what I really hope is that what someone mentioned above comes to pass -- that "Mama" continues her obnoxious trend and that the producers simply kick her scummy ass to the curb.  

• Love 6

Alana seems to be pretty levelheaded. I bet she is a good student and does well in school. I saw it mentioned, here or somewhere else, that she wants to go into nursing. I hope whatever she does she succeeds in. I do think she has a great personality and is very likeable and if she put her mind to it, and got some theatrical training, she could do well with the right agent. She is not the only heavy actress out there. But she seems lately to want to go a different route, and is having fun while she is getting the opportunities.

• Love 4
On 6/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, teapot said:

I was thinking, “100% they ordered  those steaks well done!”

do we know why she’s called Pumpkin?  I’ve just always wondered that

June’s eyes are closed in her confessionals!  Yes I know she’s visually impaired but she doesn’t *always* look like that!!!!

I would order my steak welll does. Yes I know they are supposed to not be cooked that way but I do not like meat raw. A steak that is red in the middle gives me same feeling as most people get looking at a piece of chicken that is red/ pink in the middle. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

June has no empathy for the pain and neglect she has caused her children. Every word out of her mouth is about her, her, her.

She's a victim ya'll.

It kills me that she spends thousands on men and won't give any to her children and that she freaking sold her home for less then it's value for drugs and left the kids homeless.

It's amazing the kept it together and able to go on, I'm wondering if production and Gina helped them and how payment to them worked when all that happened because some shows the money goes to the parents and it's up to them to figure out how they divide it like with the Sister Wives.

• Love 7

My understanding is that minors never get paid, only the parent or guardians, and money may be earmarked for a child but would have to be in trust until the minor hits 18 or 19 (some states say majority is 19 for some things).     Some kids do have trust funds, and apparently control was ripped away from June.      I'm wondering if June's interest in Alanna was because she realized that Alanna will be receiving money in a while. 

• Love 5

Why does anyone think that lying lump of flesh is somehow a testimonial to anything except bad parenting?  And poor June-June - her kids are still pissed at her - how DARE they?  I think she should be glad that several people in that pitiful draw of an audience were wearing masks....I caught a few looks that were probably disgust.

And love the toothless wonder grifting boyfriend.  "He doesn't care about my bank account."  Like fucking HELL he doesn't.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I was just coming on here to say the same thing, she just got herself a younger Sugar Bear, missing teefs and all.  I absolutely loath MJ, it is all about her. The girls are 100% correct in the fact she will run off to help others yet neglect her kids. I am pretty sure nobody cares about her speaking, mumbling about her journey. So it seems she is living out of hotels, which I am sure WE is paying for. Poor Josh, he sees the toll its taking on the family and he is right, they need to cut that barnacle named Mama June out of their lives  

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Next week looks good.  Thank God for Alana's sake that her sister has a spine.  And just as someone mentioned upthread, I can't help but think Mama was eyeing that money that Alana has stored away from Honey BooBoo and this show and is probably already contriving a way to get herself a chunk of it through guilt ("ya'll wouldn't even HAVE that money if it wasn't for me!") or con ("investment opportunities").  

I'm sure she does want Alana to come live with her, and thank goodness Pumpkin has put the kabosh on it.  

• Love 7

One thing I AM curious about.  While I find the toothless little troll loathesome, I do wonder where Sugar Bear is in all this.  There is no mention of Alana spending an afternoon with him, or taking a call.  Perhaps once Jennifer left him, he was now free to pursue whatever creepy lifestyle appealed to him.  Personally, I never really believed he cared all that much about Alana anyway - it was an act to keep checks coming in from the show.  

• Like 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Isn’t June legally blind ? This is probably why she isn’t looking at the camera when interviewed. I am beyond annoyed that she left her daughter to go meet up with another man, and one that also was an addict like Geno. 
 Sugar Bear is probably off the show now. I don’t miss him or Jennifer at all. 
Pumpkin and Josh rule. I did like the fact that Pumpkin wanted to meet the boyfriend before inviting him to Alana’s birthday party. 
By the way , is West Virginia considered to be part of Appalachia? We just took a family vacation to Harpers Ferry for the first time Memorial Day weekend, and we loved everything about the area! Great scenery, restaurants, mountains, friendly people. Very different from my New Jersey home . 

Anyone know why Jessica isn’t working? Besides babysitting for Pumpkin, is she only doing the tv show?

Edited by CarolMK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Geno isn't much, but I still have a hard time believing that he actually abused June in any way? That side of him sure never showed up on the shows. Plus, as nasty and loud mouthed as June is, I can't imagine her allowing anyone to abuse her more than one time, let alone for 6 years. Her boy friends always seem like door mats. I think she just got bored with Geno, or maybe after all of the drugs, he couldn't perform sexually any more. In her drug confessionals, it is always poor me, poor me, and she always is blaming someone else for her addiction. Never her fault it happened...she was led astray!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Does Alanna have any money coming to her?   Sure kids on tv shows are supposed to have trust funds, but that doesn't extend to reality tv.    I am QUITE sure Alabama doesn't have a Coogan's law.   I am pretty sure that any money that was supposed to be set aside is already long gone to June's addictions:   Men and drugs.

Maybe there is some that Pumpkin set aside for her since she has been responsible for Alanna.   But I doubt there is anything left from before that.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Does Alanna have any money coming to her?   Sure kids on tv shows are supposed to have trust funds, but that doesn't extend to reality tv.    I am QUITE sure Alabama doesn't have a Coogan's law.   I am pretty sure that any money that was supposed to be set aside is already long gone to June's addictions:   Men and drugs.

Maybe there is some that Pumpkin set aside for her since she has been responsible for Alanna.   But I doubt there is anything left from before that.

Coogan's law is only in California, is only 10% of the kids earnings, and a lot is allowed to be taken as expenses against the trust, including management fees and often a parents is the agent/manager, housing for the family, etc.     Alanna has some kind of trust, but her sister has control, not June.  

See Newyawk's post following to see the updated Coogan's law, and the states it covers.      I'm glad it's been extended to other states.   However, kids in reality programming still don't have much protection in most states.   I've read that many states the producers contract with the parents, who keep everything they can (see the Duggars and Jim Bob getting sued by one of his daughters for her money, and winning. )

However, I still object to the many expenses that can be covered by the child's funds.    I'm hoping there is third party oversite that's better now.   Someone I knew a long time ago had cousins who had grandchildren in commercials, and minor parts of TV and movies, and grandpa controlled their career.   

The kids made a lot of money, but money was spent for housing, lessons for everything from horseback riding to modeling, to acting lessons, and then grandpa got the stupid idea that his MLM was going to make them all wealthy.     So, he invested in his own franchise of that, and the money, house, everything was gone.     

Newyawk's explanation of the law, and that it's been adopted by other states gives me hope that it's more transparent than it used to be, and kids won't grow up and find out their hard earned money is gone. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Coogan's law is only in California, is only 10% of the kids earnings, and a lot is allowed to be taken as expenses against the trust, including management fees and often a parents is the agent/manager, housing for the family, etc.     Alanna has some kind of trust, but her sister has control, not June.  

43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can only hope that maybe the show did something to protect Alana’s earnings but considering the amount of money her worthless mother has gone through, and how exploitative these shows are, I fear you may be correct and there isn’t any money.  Unless Pumpkin has a trust going for her going forward (which I can see Pumpkin doing).  
And Jessica does need to get a real job.  No excuses - it appears everyone e is hiring.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Geno isn't much, but I still have a hard time believing that he actually abused June in any way? That side of him sure never showed up on the shows. Plus, as nasty and loud mouthed as June is, I can't imagine her allowing anyone to abuse her more than one time, let alone for 6 years. Her boy friends always seem like door mats. I think she just got bored with Geno, or maybe after all of the drugs, he couldn't perform sexually any more. In her drug confessionals, it is always poor me, poor me, and she always is blaming someone else for her addiction. Never her fault it happened...she was led astray!

Geno was emotionally abusive to June. To me, we saw that on air.  Knowing how emotionally dependent she is, he would often threaten to leave.  These issues were heightened by their drug usage.  Was he physically abusive?  I would damn near guarantee these two got into some drunken brawls.  Not sure if it could be called abuse.

I would say June left Geno because he's doing time.  As we've seen in her past, she is not opposed to getting back with guys when they get out.  The key thing is she feels she must always have a man in her life.  She is a terrible person who attracts and is attracted to terrible men.

Her inability to take any responsibility for her drug use and the way she treated her family shows that, even if she is not using, she's still an addict. The best thing for the kids would be to stay as far away from her as possible.   

• Like 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Geno was emotionally abusive to June. To me, we saw that on air.  Knowing how emotionally dependent she is, he would often threaten to leave.  These issues were heightened by their drug usage.  Was he physically abusive?  I would damn near guarantee these two got into some drunken brawls.  Not sure if it could be called abuse. 

Agree Princess. If cameras had been rolling 24/7, my guess is we would witnessed mental and physical abuse perpetrated by both of them. They were probably both victim and abuser. Pumpkin and Josh are the best things that ever happened to Alana.

• Love 5

Justin is a taller Sugar Bear with a few more teeth.

The camera guy swore at June as they walked towards Pumpkin's house. That was gold.

I loved when June said "You don't miss milestones like that!" (Alana's Sweet 16) and quick as a whip, Pumpkin snapped back "What about when I had Bentley?" BURN!!

THEN: " I was Going. Through. My. Breakup."  And June flips her off.  So, Pumpkin's excellent comeback just fell to the floor when confronted with the endless depths of selfcenteredness that is June's ego.

I can never get over the Wite Out hue of Doe Doe's teeth. Gurl, take them down a few shades. You're blinding oncoming drivers.

"Mistakes of the past," June? Really? Your mistakes of the last two or three years are wounds that haven't even scabbed over yet, they are hardly "the past". You abandoned your children and left them high and dry.

Oh, and congratulations, maskless asshole, for crashing a party where babies were present and sharing your Covid germs. Moron. When you don't give a shit about anybody but yourself, you do what June did and then claim you didn't mean to do it. Yes, she really did. When the slate said that crew and family members get tested three times a week, I wonder if June EVER gets tested.  I wonder how many of them are vaccinated. I'm guessing Junehole isn't, since she's barely a part of the show at this point. 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

As per SAGAFTRA:  "At present, Coogan Accounts (a.k.a Blocked Trust Accounts and Trust Accounts) are required by the State of California, New York, Illinois, Louisiana and New Mexico. 15% of the minor’s gross wages are required to be withheld by the employer and deposited into the Coogan account within 15 days of employment. The parent must supply the Coogan account number to the employer....In January 1, 2000, changes in California law affirmed that earnings by minors in the entertainment industry are the property of the minor, not their parents. Since a minor cannot legally control their own money, California Law governs their earnings and creates a fiduciary relationship between the parent and the child. This change in California law also requires that 15% of all minors’ earnings must be set aside in a blocked trust account commonly known as a Coogan Account. "

Unfortunately, Alana does not fall under this law, but thankfully measures were taken a few years ago to protect what she had left and her future earnings from the show.

• Useful 3
11 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Unfortunately, Alana does not fall under this law, but thankfully measures were taken a few years ago to protect what she had left and her future earnings from the show.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/rosie-donnell-honey-boo-boo-home-1054833/

does anyone remember when June refused to let Rosie O’Donnell buy them a home?  I really used to think she had some integrity!  Clearly, we never knew the true story

• Love 3