Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Buckle Up!

• Start Topic

I didn't think ANY of the white skirt outfits were "travel wear." Who travels in blinding white? That's a stain just waiting to happen.

Most of the outfits were serviceable and some were clever, but there weren't any (great) jawdroppers like we've seen in previous seasons of PR and PRAS; as for (hideous) jawdroppers ... Hi, Seth Aaron!

He can't really have thought that was GOOD, can he? Feels more like he decided once he was there that he just didn't want to be on a game show again and checked out.

I felt like some of the old Anya was back with that breezy, colorful outfit. I thought she was going to be in the top three.

And yes, Jasper was robbed. His outfit was gorgeous and something I could actually see someone flying in. 

And I like Michelle's snark. ALL the designers used to be that nasty ... *sigh* those were the days!

So is this the last season of PRAS on Lifetime or the last season, period?

• Love 6
On 1/17/2019 at 7:23 AM, BlackberryJam said:

I like Seth Aaron, but on the runway, I kept expecting him to invite me to board his yacht. What was with that neckerchief?

I thought he looked like the newest resident at the retirement community in Boca who really wants to impress the ladies. 

• Love 16

And I like Michelle's snark. ALL the designers used to be that nasty ... *sigh* those were the days!

I don't like nasty when it borders on hypocrisy and is mean.  Christian Soriano was snarky, but it wasn't mean.  

I remember past contestants' incredibly wonderful seatbelt concoctions. 

I think someone--Leanne, the winner of Season 5? Or Korto?--made a COAT out of seatbelts.  

(Seth Aaron) can't really have thought that was GOOD, can he? Feels more like he decided once he was there that he just didn't want to be on a game show again and checked out.

I doubt that ... after all, it's not like he's doing much now.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It was - 

BestofPR_Number_4.jpg

Now this is how you use seatbelts! I think if Seth Aaron’s “dress” had more resembled his sketch it could have been cool, but he just didn’t get there. I’m bummed because I always love him, but there was no justification for that mess.

This show is killing any good feelings I had for Anthony Ryan and Sean. Absolute garbage coming from both of them - they can both go any time.

It pains me to say so but Anya made my favorite look this week.

Why does Evan Biddell go by Biddell and not Evan? Either way, I enjoy him. I didn’t like that gold peanut wrapper skirt he made, but it did look better as a skirt than pants.....

On 1/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, sempervivum said:

I also liked the blue and green mod-looking shift dress made out of strips of webbing (forget who made it).

Cynthia Hiyashi, the woman from Brazil, I believe.  I really wish they still had photo galleries of the runways for each week!  It was a great way to remember who had done what, and to have a closer look at it.

I recall liking that one, although the shape of the dress was a little uninspired, Jasper's, the hoodie, and Anya's (I usually like Anya's stuff, although I can see that sometimes it isn't the hardest to put together); and flat out disliking Seth Aaron's & Irina's (and expecting that one to be in the bottom), and not thinking much of the sunglasses display at the mall ensemble.  Michelle's was pretty & shiny but just gluing stuff onto such a basic muslin shift didn't seem hard enough. At this point I can't really remember what anyone else did. Oh - I thought the Australian woman's was ok but deservedly in the bottom; I'm glad she's not gone yet, and I wondered whether she'd ever had to do an unconventional materials challenge before and whether that might have thrown her off; and I remember that it was the Dutch guy who made the mini skirt of mylar peanut bags, with a top that I thought worked well with it, although I can't remember what it looked like. So, I guess I remember more than I thought, but I still really wish I had a gallery to look at whenever anybody comments on one of these looks.

• Love 4

I’m a little behind, just watched this episode and I am wondering how long ago it was made. Classy Tamrin Hall introduced as someone whose cause is sexual violence against women is here judging with Harvey Wainstein’s then wife Georgina Chapman.  This is so wrong. And then again Allysa Milano is very out there condemning some and supporting others who have been thru awful experiences- but dissed Rose McGowan (who I’m not really a fan of) when she made accusations years ago about what happened to her as an actress.....  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, akr said:

I really wish they still had photo galleries of the runways for each week!  It was a great way to remember who had done what, and to have a closer look at it.

I really wish there was a photo gallery, too. My memory just isn’t good enough, especially when there are still so many contestants.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I didn’t like that gold peanut wrapper skirt he made, but it did look better as a skirt than pants.....

I fully agree, the full pants were two tons of crazy in a one ton bag. Total overkill. Good editing eye there chopping them down. They reminded me of the ruffled shirts men  use in the Rumba:

prod_2611991304.thumb.jpg.1ef2fff4eeca80ae631c6a8a9cfc8645.jpg

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

just watched this episode and I am wondering how long ago it was made.

Yes there is quite a bit of unfortunate timing as this season hasn't aged well while "in the can".

It was recorded like two+ years ago and not released for some reason. This is also why their "partnership" with JC Penny has expired and no looks will be featured even though they keep telling us they will.

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 5:17 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

"Upcycled".  <eyeroll>

I've seen that term a lot of places in the last five or so years -- mostly from people taking old clothes and altering them into something new. Project Runway and Southwest Airlines didn't invent it.

I liked the idea of Seth Aaron's dress, but not the execution.

9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

It was recorded like two+ years ago and not released for some reason. This is also why their "partnership" with JC Penny has expired and no looks will be featured even though they keep telling us they will.

This is driving me bananas! And it just comes across as lazy for Lifetime to not have re-edited it or even bother to put a disclaimer about the prizes. I mean, in this day and age people know how old this season is and we don’t live in a vacuum. Yet another reason I am glad the franchise is moving back to Bravo....

• Love 4
19 hours ago, auntlada said:

I liked the idea of Seth Aaron's dress, but not the execution.

It was kinda horrible from Minute One.  Almost as bad was his constant bragging about the "dress," and himself.   Auf, Mr. Confidence!  

THIS is how one uses a plane's seatbelts.

Thanks for the photos SuprSuprElevated!   SeatbeltCoat.jpg.e5ef914fac1912ecca7066355661cc30.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
added photos and snark
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2019 at 1:02 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

For me, the producers forgot to tell the judges the bit about the challenge criteria being that the outfit was for AIR TRAVEL... not for looking fabulous on a fashion runway!!!

We never know if rules must be followed (or you're OUT!) or if rules are made to be broken (and you're a STAR! and a winner).  Hope the "real" Project Runway is excellent.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:08 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:
On 1/17/2019 at 8:23 AM, BlackberryJam said:

I like Seth Aaron, but on the runway, I kept expecting him to invite me to board his yacht. What was with that neckerchief?

I thought he looked like the newest resident at the retirement community in Boca who really wants to impress the ladies. 

At least he left the motor oil back at the apartment for this one show.  His hair usually looks like it's ready to drip everywhere.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It was kinda horrible from Minute One.  Almost as bad was his constant bragging about the "dress," and himself.   Auf, Mr. Confidence!  

THIS is how one uses a plane's seatbelts.

Thanks for the photos SuprSuprElevated!   SeatbeltCoat.jpg.e5ef914fac1912ecca7066355661cc30.jpg

I know lots of other people seem to like that one, but I don't care for it as much. I like the idea of the ends of the seatbelts hanging down like fringe (albeit large, metal fringe), but the belts themselves needed to be sewn together better and flattened. They probably did not have the equipment you would need to do that properly, as it would probably take some heavy-duty sewing machines and presses to sew and flatten seatbelts. As I said, I like the idea of it, but not his execution. I don't think he had the time or equipment necessary to execute it properly.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

This episode had me shaking my head. Everything I liked was "safe". Except Jasper's which I loved. I thought Irina and MIchelle's dresses were ugly, and didn't fulfill the brief. At all. Who wears a spangly cocktail dress to travel? I loved the little hoodie, too. I like Evan and I'm hoping he's not getting much screen time because he's going far.

I agree that no international winner has a prayer of winning this, so why did they even bother?

Done with Michelle's snark, which isn't witty and its not on point. She throws shade at something and it winds up in the top. Throw shade, but be entertaining. She's just negative and unpleasant.

And Anthony Ryan is now Mr. Clever Drawers now, I guess? He seems to think he is just a hilarious little elf. I am not charmed. I wish he'd gone. I will never understand the judges' blind adoration of him.

I love Michelle and her snark, and Anthony Ryan's too. I could listen to them sling barbs all day. AR's "slutty Barbie" description of Irina's blue abomination was the highlight of the season so far.

• Love 5
On 1/17/2019 at 12:34 AM, lyric said:

I thought Seth Aaron's look was shockingly bad. Even worse, he thought it was good.

Seth Aaron's stubborn refusal to see the hideousness of his seatbelt dress was reason enough to send him home.   It ascot to be one of the worst things I've seen on this show.

Michelle's is the dress I'd want to wear but Jasper deserved the win.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Seth Aaron's stubborn refusal to see the hideousness of his seatbelt dress was reason enough to send him home.   It ascot to be one of the worst things I've seen on this show.

Michelle's is the dress I'd want to wear but Jasper deserved the win.  

Ha!  Excellent!  

• Love 3

I had to roll my eyes at Michelle's smugness and insistence that she won her season's unconventional materials challenge. That was the duct tape prom dresses challenge and that was no where near as challenging as some of the unconditional materials challenges have been. (hello, the dollar store challenge, the recycled materials, the Hershey store, the flower shop, not to mention the car one that Korto made that lovely coat for). Yes, Michelle had it easy on that one.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

I had to roll my eyes at Michelle's smugness and insistence that she won her season's unconventional materials challenge. That was the duct tape prom dresses challenge and that was no where near as challenging as some of the unconditional materials challenges have been. (hello, the dollar store challenge, the recycled materials, the Hershey store, the flower shop, not to mention the car one that Korto made that lovely coat for). Yes, Michelle had it easy on that one.

May I disagree on her victory on her season's unconventional materials challenge ? Because, if I remember correctly, that one was judged by students, so kinda legit. And I remeber that I really liked what they (it was a team challenge or am I misremembering on that part ?) made.

Edited by Diane Mars
spelling... always......
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

May I disagree on her victory on her season's unconventional materials challenge ? Because, if I remember correctly, that one was judged by students, so kinda legit. And I remeber that I really liked what they (it was a team challenge or am I misremembering on that part ?) made.

Up until four or five were left (I think), all the challenges on that season were team challenges. I don't remember how much of that design was hers and how much was her partner's. I think they were in teams of two, but I'm not sure.

ETA: Google tells me that although Michelle was declared the winner, the high school students actually picked a different dress.

Edited by auntlada
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, auntlada said:

ETA: Google tells me that although Michelle was declared the winner, the high school students actually picked a different dress.

You're 100% correct and i was wrong. The dress who was chosen by the students was this one (by Patricia and Samantha) :

prs11_08032012_bn-0115_0-1200x1200.jpg

On 1/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, sara416 said:

My thoughts on why an American won this one instead of the clearly better Jasper: Southwest airlines doesn't fly internationally, other than to a few countries in the Caribbean. So Jasper, if he is still living in his home country (is it England? I can't remember),

I also had the thought that the winner got a flight "anywhere Southwest flies." But if the designer lives overseas what's he gonna do, pay himself to get to Boston or Newark or wherever, THEN get a free flight to Seattle or Albuquerque? It just doesn't make a lot of sense for any of the international designers.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2

This is why this show has always annoyed the crap out of me... one week, the judges send someone home for not following the challenge rules.  Then this week, the judges praise a bunch of people who made clothes that were nothing like what you would wear for air travel.  So irritating.

I loved Seth Aaron in the past, but this season, he was just awful in terms of his attitude.  It's like he didn't want to be there.  And he looked kind of sick, almost bloated.  Very disappointed in him.

When did Jasper become such a bitch???  Telling his model to act like a lady???  I can't believe no one called him out on that.  It's ironic that he was acting like such a dick on an episode where one of the judges is an advocate for victims of violence.

• Love 2

I shook my head over Anne's crtitical statement about Dimitris look during her walk through when she said it looked too "horse bridle".  Did she ever hear of Ralph Lauren or Hermes , who built empires on equestrian imagery???

• Love 3