Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02 Brianne's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So I went back to my Barnyard Sandwich search tab to close it, and noticed this link I had skipped over.

This Is Potbelly’s Entire Super-Secret Menu

This lists a Barnyard Sandwich, which is "a Wreck plus Nueske’s bacon, meatballs, mayo, lettuce, and tomato"...elsewhere on the page it describes a Wreck as "ham, turkey, roast beef, and salami."

If that's what she ordered...I just can't.

I'm 100% carnivore, and this grosses me out. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So I went back to my Barnyard Sandwich search tab to close it, and noticed this link I had skipped over.

This Is Potbelly’s Entire Super-Secret Menu

This lists a Barnyard Sandwich, which is "Wreck plus Nueske’s bacon, meatballs, mayo, lettuce, and tomato"...elsewhere on the page it describes a Wreck as "ham, turkey, roast beef, and salami."

If that's what she ordered...I just can't.

Nueske's bacon. A shout out to Whittenberg, WI.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

But did you stop at every 3rd McDonalds along the way?

Oh hell no. We drove until we needed gas or the bathroom. We would have gone straight through, but I insisted on stopping. I was pooped. 

• Love 1
Just now, PeaceLily2 said:

I can see the weight loss in her face. 

Yes, now she no longer looks like a blob out of some low-budget horror flick, just like a grossly overweight person. 

Just now, Wanda said:

I’ve never heard of needing a stent replaced. Did hauling her and furniture around rip it out of place?

It is actually not uncommon.  Many possible reasons, but doesn't have anything to do with one-time physical exertion.  Chronic effort will do it, though - and for him it was more having to help her up and day in and day out as well as eating same crap she was that got him to this point.

• Love 5

Interesting how some patients just seem to instinctively rub Dr Now the wrong way the second he sees them (Lisa and James)and others he cuts slack and fist bumps lol. Have never seen him be so blasé and jovial with someone who had a “boo boo” meal before surgery.

• Love 14
Just now, Wanda said:

Interesting how some patients just seem to instinctively rub Dr Now the wrong way the second he sees them (Lisa and James)and others he cuts slack and fist bumps lol. Have never seen him be so blasé and jovial with someone who had a “boo boo” meal before surgery.

Probably because she HAS lost weight.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

This lists a Barnyard Sandwich, which is "a Wreck plus Nueske’s bacon, meatballs, mayo, lettuce, and tomato"...elsewhere on the page it describes a Wreck as "ham, turkey, roast beef, and salami."

That's five sandwiches in one.  Yuck. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Yes, now she no longer looks like a blob out of some low-budget horror flick, just like a grossly overweight person. 

It is actually not uncommon.  Many possible reasons, but doesn't have anything to do with one-time physical exertion.  Chronic effort will do it, though - and for him it was more having to help her up and day in and day out as well as eating same crap she was that got him to this point.

Great, one more thing to worry about with my husband who has two stents :-( 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

I'm 100% carnivore, and this grosses me out. 

I will eat all of those meat products except salami, but...one at a time, please! (And I don't eat ham or bacon very often, and I also don't generally eat roast beef in deli-meat form.) Also, I hate mayo and raw tomatoes.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

At first, I thought he didn’t look too terrible for his age. Now he looks haggard and at least 10 years older. 

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
Omg stop randomly quoting things
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

That is because she lost over 100lbs on the first try, without being hospitalized or lying about having no choices but giant burritos and Barnyard Sandwiches. He's not worried about her backsliding by 75 lbs.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Jeez, her husband looks like he's in his 60's instead of in his 50's. The heart condition must be wearing on him.

If they were 22 and 52 when they got together, and she's 30 now, then he's actually 60. But yeah, he does look older.

• Love 5
Just now, QuinnInND said:

3 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Her mother is wearing socks with sandals. lol

I've done that with Birks. Nothing wrong with it. 

Yup, it's a pretty common look. Free People has a bunch of models on their site wearing socks with Birks. I like it.

3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

I was actually surprised she was allowed to proceed with the surgery - I guess her meal was sufficiently long ago that they could go on.  She must have obeyed the timing guidelines at least...  I don't begrudge her one last meal of her favorite stuff, not optimal, but not horrible, given how well she has done so far.

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Rick looks like he has aged a lot

A heart surgery and associated hospital stay will do that to a person.  

1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Great, one more thing to worry about with my husband who has two stents :-( 

If they were plain metal stents, you are right to worry.   Drug-eluting stents are far less likely to fail, especially if the surgeon knew what he was doing,  I wish your husband many years of healthy life. 

• Love 5
Just now, MsVixen said:

Probably because she HAS lost weight.

There have been other patients who had good weight loss that he didn’t seem so easy going with...Diana (he was much stricter with her even though she never missed a single weight loss goal), Sarah who had to go through the stress of being weighed while in her surgical gown before he would agree to go through with her surgery, the woman who was very depressed and lost like 150 lbs because all she did was eat jello....he was really annoyed with her and her husband because they didn’t have clues. Maybe he’s mellowing or just appreciates anyone who isn’t Schenee or Lisa or James anymore.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Dear Rick:

No, Brianne does not, in fact, love you more than pizza. That was a terrible lie.

Okay now, you need to quit trying for a second pair of gasoline soaked drawers! Oh Hell fuck it, here they are..............

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Maybe he’s mellowing or just appreciates anyone who isn’t Schenee or Lisa or James anymore.

A good doctor tailors communication style to his patient.  Given her issues with her Dad screaming at her as a reason for her overeating - I think Dr. Now chewing her out would do more harm than good, and he sees it too, that she doesn't respond well to scolding and much better to praise. 

• Love 11