Type keyword(s) to search

Spring Baking Championship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think we can change that to WAS a childish, annoying host! 🤣

Yes , thankfully we can use the word “was” for this show ! Unfortunate immature personality snd annoying expressions are still on other shows !

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think we can change that to WAS a childish, annoying host! 🤣

13 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Yes , thankfully we can use the word “was” for this show ! Unfortunate immature personality snd annoying expressions are still on other shows !

Has it been confirmed she's never coming back?

I know I am very late, but my Apple TV started playing this show after the one I was watching before ended.  Never before have I seen the host actually drive away one of the final competitors!!!!

This b*tch wants a talented professional French baker to use her SPRINKLES in one of the final challenges.  Gah she is horrible!!!  I couldn't believe Romy just walked out of the door and then they just cut to the 3 remaining bakers with hardly any reaction of what happened from the judges the other competitors or even Molly.  

Why does she keep referring to the stage as her 'Farm'?  And why are all the challenges related to her or things she picked?  WAY TOO MUCH Molly Yeh.  Who asked for her?  I can't imagine there is a big demand.  I honestly would have preferred Ree as the host, and that's sayin something.

• Like 13

Hmm...following Romy on Instagram, he posted some pics from the past SBC, and said "Memories! That was a wonderful moment! Impatient to do it again!" and tagged FN and some of the baking show casting folks. Then someone in his comments said that "I noticed that while the 2023 Spring Baking Championship episodes were being filmed in Knoxville this past summer, you weren't posting much on social media, which led me to think you just might be back on this year's season." 

All speculative, of course, but very interesting... I'm not usually a fan of bringing back previous contestants, but Romy was so effed over by the Cookie Salad Queen that he (and several of the other contestants) deserve another shot for sure. 

• Like 18
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Interesting. I thought Nancy posted that they were filming SBC with Jesse.

7 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Molly hosted in 2022.  This is 2023. 

5 minutes ago, 2soon2tell said:

The articles I’ve seen on line say it’s Jesse, with Kardea, Nancy and Duff judging.

Google said Molly, but I hope you are all right and it is Jesse. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

The Cooking Channel is running a marathon of last season and I couldn't even hate watch it for fun, Molly is that bad.  Her excitement over normal ingredients (omg, are you using FLOUR?!?!) and the odd production decision to cut to her weird scrunchy face when speaking to contestants (I'm REAAALLLY concentrating right now) is so off putting.

Ah, how great will it be to see Jesse!

• Like 12
56 minutes ago, littlebennysmom said:

The Cooking Channel is running a marathon of last season

The only people who watched that never saw it the first time.  I can't imagine anyone sitting through that agony twice.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

The Cooking Channel is running a marathon of last season and I couldn't even hate watch it for fun, Molly is that bad.  Her excitement over normal ingredients (omg, are you using FLOUR?!?!) and the odd production decision to cut to her weird scrunchy face when speaking to contestants (I'm REAAALLLY concentrating right now) is so off putting.

Ah, how great will it be to see Jesse!

I am SO relieved it will be Jesse - Jesse is my favorite host but truly I would have been content with anyone except Molly. I gave up last year after the Cookie Salad episode,  I just could not deal with the show anymore. I never watched the finale. It was just awful - the "farm", the sprinkles - The Kids Baking Championship was more fit for adult bakers than Molly's iteration of SBC. I am happy the Food Network actually listened to the viewers and is returning to the original format.  I look forward to both the Spring and Holiday Baking Championships and I am glad I can enjoy it to usher in spring. (well its more winter here now and I suspect will continue to be winter for a bit)  It is not that I do not like change - but if its not broke, don't fix it. The Great British Bake-Off has had to transition channels, hosts, and presenters, but the essence of it remains the same. 

• Like 11
On 2/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, HyeChaps said:

What a relief to see Jesse on the commercial!

I just heard a commercial when I was in the other room and the voiceover lady at the end sounded like You Know Who, so I rewound it and was SO pleasantly surprised to see Jesse.

And if Romy comes back?  This season is already promising! 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, mojoween said:

I just heard a commercial when I was in the other room and the voiceover lady at the end sounded like You Know Who, so I rewound it and was SO pleasantly surprised to see Jesse.

And if Romy comes back?  This season is already promising! 

He's coming back? 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I don’t know for sure, I was going off what was mentioned upthread about Romy being suspiciously absent at his work when this season was being filmed.

Thanks. I would love to see that, but at this point as long as we don't have Molly and "cookie salads", I'll be fine. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11
On 3/3/2023 at 1:29 PM, libgirl2 said:

Thanks. I would love to see that, but at this point as long as we don't have Molly and "cookie salads", I'll be fine. 

I somehow missed this season, but was bored yesterday and turned it on.  It was the "cookie salad" episode.  My jaw dropped.

Hoorah for Jesse!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
On 3/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, Grizzly said:

Wonder if we'll get tired of the "love" theme?

If they hit this as hard throughout the actual show as they are in the commercials, I might have to sit this out. One love-themed episode would be one thing, but an entire season would be very difficult to get through, for various reasons.

20 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

They had to have a baker named Molly. Really?

Did anyone else have a momentary gasp when the first baker was called??  Those mischievous producers — they just HAD to do it to us — “Molly, come on out”.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2

What. The fuck?  Victoria botched *both* challenges.  Her devil’s food (second chocolate in a row, by the way) could not have been better than Keem’s seedy cake and overall day.

Although I did have to laugh when Victoria opened the oven and saw her tarts were done and the cheeky little editors piped in the hallelujah chorus.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, mojoween said:

What. The fuck?  Victoria botched *both* challenges.  Her devil’s food (second chocolate in a row, by the way) could not have been better than Keem’s seedy cake and overall day.

Although I did have to laugh when Victoria opened the oven and saw her tarts were done and the cheeky little editors piped in the hallelujah chorus.

Because once again, Kardea was all “awww, what’s wrong?” And Victoria cried.  Oooooh, that sets me off.  Kardea has got to stop that.  And sure enough, blasted Victoria stayed.  She never shut up in that first round — I kept saying “stop chatting to the camera nonstop”.  Can’t wait till she’s gone and I am so sorry that she stayed over Keem.  Yes, we could all predict that the raspberries left whole were going to be a problem and I know his fondant wasn’t even, but I think Victoria should have gone first.

Really, really liking so many of these bakers.  

• Like 6

I thought Keem should have gone home he put no effort into decorating his cake. I didn't like Christian's cake I thought it was too busy and I didn't see any spring activity in his decoration.

• Like 6

I suspect that Victoria will go very soon.   I can't believe her lack of time management skills, but I'm sure it will be what eliminates her.   I think Manja is going soon too.    Victoria botched both bakes, but they always seem to keep someone around too long at the beginning, for the drama.   The bottom three for the first show were so far behind the other bakers, unless Manja and Victoria really step it up, they're the next to go home.    

I loved Jai's cake decorating though.   

The naked/rustic cake one of the men did looked hideous to me.   It wasn't really a naked cake either, except the bottom.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I thought Keem should have gone home he put no effort into decorating his cake. I didn't like Christian's cake I thought it was too busy and I didn't see any spring activity in his decoration.

I thought Christian's cake looked summery, not springy. 

Keem could have done better. I can't imagine how seedy that had to have been. He should have done something with those berries. 

8 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Because once again, Kardea was all “awww, what’s wrong?” And Victoria cried.  Oooooh, that sets me off.  Kardea has got to stop that.  And sure enough, blasted Victoria stayed.  She never shut up in that first round — I kept saying “stop chatting to the camera nonstop”.  Can’t wait till she’s gone and I am so sorry that she stayed over Keem.  Yes, we could all predict that the raspberries left whole were going to be a problem and I know his fondant wasn’t even, but I think Victoria should have gone first.

Really, really liking so many of these bakers.  

My first thought was "let's not go there!" 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Why is Christian so ingratiating?

There is something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. I felt it most when Jai won and the look on his face was absolute disdain. Maybe I just saw it wrong or he has a hard time hiding his disappointment. 

I thought his cake was too much. Her's was a work of art. 

• Like 2