Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E01 Octavia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, CringeWatcher said:

Exactly. And I don’t dare cook without a recipe. It never turns out well!

Cringewatcher, you are my SOULMATE!!!!  Can't cook worth a damn without a recipe!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smoothcoat said:

I love my Kitchen Aid mixer! And I found it at GOODWILL for $25! 

You must have walked in the instant it went on the shelf! I put my broken one out on the curb and it was gone before I had the front door closed! 

• Love 4

Happy new year, pounders! Late to the party and catching up now, but did she just say that when she hit 400 lbs at age 16 her weight STARTED to spiral out of control???

• Love 16
Just now, rlc said:

Happy new year, pounders! Late to the party and catching up now, but did she just say that when she hit 400 lbs at age 16 her weight STARTED to spiral out of control???

Bootylicious is my ear worm for this show. Some people live it.

Just now, PeaceLily2 said:

Her attitude sucks.  

Jeez Louise... she can't get out of bed, but she's gonna complain about the food. The freakin' food is why you are immobile. Eat the hospital food and be happy. Tara didn't like the food either, but she looked at it as 'eating to lose weight.' You have to put a positive spin on it. You just want to smack some people sometimes.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Marlo Thomas does wonderful work for St. Jude, so I feel terrible about snarking on her for her terrible nose job. Pass me a few more pairs of those gasoline soaked undies, will ya?

I donated $100 on my parents' behalf for Christmas, so it's okay. ;)

"This is a lot harder than I thought it would be." What, lying on your back instead of your stomach?

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I want one of those Instant Pots so badly that I put it on my Christmas wish list.  My family doesn't love me enough and I didn't get it!  

Hi MsVixen. I got mine at QVC this past November. It was on sale for $80.00 down from $130. Also, they cut the shipping and handling from $15.00 to $7.50, I was able to get it using their Easy Pay plan, AND only they had it in PURPLE. Please check their website daily for any sales on it. BTW it's a six quart.

Sorry, back to the show. Yikes, almost 700 pounds! She really is a pretty woman and am wishing her the best life after her hellish childhood.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, mysticalflute said:

I HATE The ASPCA commercials. I always say that if they weren't so damn depressing I'd actually watch them.

15 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I have to tell myself that the filmed animals are all safe and warm and fed now, but it still doesn’t help much. 

Agree 100%. I think they should show a shot of the animal as they appeared at rescue, then the animal warm, happy, and healthy in their forever home with their adoptive family. I think they'd get a more positive reaction from that kind of ad. I'm planning to email the ASPCA to tell them how I feel and what I believe the impact is of their current advertising:

publicinformation@aspca.org 

• Love 8

692 lbs.     Since she was 652 at her last weigh in years ago, I'm surprised it wasn't more.     She must be short, because she looks heavier than that.  

I know Dr. Now doesn't like how she got to Houston, but at least she's enthusiastic, and claiming she's going to try to lose weight, and to walk again.    Being able to stand, and transfer to her wheel chair is progress.     I really hope she keeps trying, and improving. 

It occurred to me that maybe the reason so many of the patients end up in the same apartment complexes is that they're the ones that allow filming, and the film crews to park there, I'm guessing a lot of places don't allow that.   

On a tacky note, Marlo Thomas's facial alterations are a lot better, she used to look a lot more plastic than she does now, so I can overlook the bad nose job. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

"this is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be". The perpetual refrain of the patients of Dr. Now. Makes you wonder what they were expecting. 

For Dr Now to wave his magic wand and they would be thin! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I donated $100 on my parents' behalf for Christmas, so it's okay. ;)

"This is a lot harder than I thought it would be." What, lying on your back instead of your stomach?

One of a few charities my mother donated.  Very sweet.

• Love 1
Just now, TwirlyGirly said:

Agree 100%. I think they should show a shot of the animal as they appeared at rescue, then the animal warm, happy, and healthy in their forever home with their adoptive family. I think they'd get a more positive reaction from that kind of ad. I'm planning to email the ASPCA to tell them how I feel and what I believe the impact is of their current advertising:

publicinformation@aspca.org 

I remember seeing an article about an animal shelter somewhere that posted happy, upbeat pictures of their adoptive animals actually warranted more adoptions. You'd think the ASPCA would learn.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"this is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be". The perpetual refrain of the patients of Dr. Now. Makes you wonder what they were expecting. 

Do they not watch any previous seasons? Is that a requirement for getting accepted - that they have no clue what they’re getting into?

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You must have walked in the instant it went on the shelf! I put my broken one out on the curb and it was gone before I had the front door closed! 

Yeah I couldn’t believe my luck as I had just been looking at them at Walmart, etc a few days before and decided to hold off buying it and then saw it in Goodwill - works fantastic, I love it and use it almost every day. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PeaceLily2 said:

One of a few charities my mother donated.  Very sweet.

St. Jude's is a very good charity, I know several families that have been helped by them.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, preciousperfect said:

Late to the party. Happy New Year y’all. 

My eating habit tonight is a soft pretzel with mustard and glass of diet iced tea. 

Ah, memories. When I first moved to Philly and working temp jobs, my $1 lunch was 2 soft pretzels and a Pepsi. Sigh.

• Love 3

Escaped the husband to start watching on my own little TV in the bedroom!  After spending the last month (plus) eating like a 600+ pounder I really need the motivation to get back to my good eating habit.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, aliya said:

Jeez Louise... she can't get out of bed, but she's gonna complain about the food. The freakin' food is why you are immobile. Eat the hospital food and be happy. Tara didn't like the food either, but she looked at it as 'eating to lose weight.' You have to put a positive spin on it. You just want to smack some people sometimes.  

Y'know, there are days I wish I could just have someone make me healthy food, even if it's boring, so I don't have to worry about it. I get lazy. (I could stand to lose a few pounds but I'm not anywhere near needing hospital supervision.)

Pizza is gone. I have mint-chocolate-chip ice cream for dessert (Turkey Hill All Natural - that means it's good for me, right?). A couple months ago I got some Yoplait Oui yogurt, which comes in cute little glass pots. They have some flavors that come in two-packs of smaller sized pots, and I saved two of them because they are perfect for a small serving of ice cream. And they're so cute!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

I prefer Lupe’s bed jogging. Now THAT is a workout. 

Lupe's bed jogging! And who was the guy who would lie in bed and rotate his feet? Granted, its more exercise than I ever do but I mock it just the same. 

• Love 11