Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E01 Octavia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I want one of those Instant Pots so badly that I put it on my Christmas wish list.  My family doesn't love me enough and I didn't get it!  

Aw, sorry Ms V. Amazon has had them on sale, maybe you could just treat yourself. It sure is easy to use. 

• Love 2

I try to remember that we all have our issues and unhealthy ways of coping. I come from a family where food is comforting and we show love with food and sweets. That balance with eating and enjoying and eating for proper health can be tough to maintain. I tend to eat out of boredom, not because of emotions. Tracking food helps with accountability. 

35lbs ago, I felt like a whale at nowhere near these people's size. I don't want to ever go back to the person I was then in 2014.

• Love 9
Just now, hoosiermom said:

I first read that as KFC department.

Hahaha! That would be fitting! 

"Let's get you rolling!"   oh. You meant on a stretcher... I'll grab a pair of gasoline soaked undies on my way out. 

• Love 10

She's not leaving 'everything she knows', she's taking her friend with her, and packing enough for a family of six to move to Houston.     Bless the EMTs and fire departments that help these people move out of their houses.     She dressed very nicely for the move, no blurring shots needed.    So she's going to Houston in a panel van?     That looks like a great solution.    What a supportive family they are.   

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Who’s going to get her out at the other end?

Hospital personnel have always done it. They are used to Dr Nows’ patients.

ok she’s taken 3 days so they must have had EMTs in every town unload her at the hotels

Edited by Wanda
Added information
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

It’s bad enough being stuck in that position, but how in the heck does one eat whilst lying on her stomach? How? 

I love the word whilst!  And I  have wondered over the years how they eat without regurgitation.  Must be a talent they develop once they hit 599 lbs.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I love that Octavia has a handy can of Febreze by her bed. I suspect the fumes wafting from the pads need to be eradicated prior to eating lunch.

Howdee GiantMisfit. Just wanted you to know that I have your sopping wet, gasoline soaked drawers at the ready! Knowing all my Pounder Pals, I am sure I will need many more.

• Love 8
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Well Dr. Now, it’s not as if she could fit her huge mattress into the back of an ambulance...that’s more important than having medical personnel on hand.

Not to mention not being able to stuff down chips and stop at every Stuckey's and Cracker Barrel on the way. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I would get so fucking carsick lying in the back of a van with no windows.

I can get carsick without even being in a car...

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This made me laugh very loudly. You guys are on fire tonight!

Good thing they had the fire department out, then!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I want one of those Instant Pots so badly that I put it on my Christmas wish list.  My family doesn't love me enough and I didn't get it!  

I felt that way about a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I waited and waited years and no mixer. Finally, I bought it for myself a couple of years ago. 

Maybe it's me, but when Dr Now says, "Octavia," it sounds like 'Activia,' the yogurt.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Hospital personnel have always done it. They are used to Dr Nows’ patients.

ok she’s taken 3 days so they must have had EMTs in every town unload her at the hotels

I’m going to make a guess and say she pee & poop padded the whole way to TX. 

• Love 1
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I got a 6 quart ultra. I cook on the weekends for the week and it’s a good size.

At first I was thinking about getting a 3 quart as I live alone.  However, most of the healthy Instapot recipes require the 6 quart so that's what I'm going to buy.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, PeaceLily2 said:

Anyone else getting the SPCA commercial? Breaks my heart, and I have to change the channel.

And St Jude’s hospital. It’s like they’re trying to make us all feel guilty for watching this show.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is that Enabling Friend who's there with her? 

She said the friend was coming because her roommate was her enabler...but this is the friend who brought her sexually-suggestive snacks...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PeaceLily2 said:

I’m going to make a guess and say she pee & poop padded the whole way to TX. 

She said all the loading and unloading got to her (or words to that effect). 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I felt that way about a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I waited and waited years and no mixer. Finally, I bought it for myself a couple of years ago. 

I love my Kitchen Aid mixer! And I found it at GOODWILL for $25! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

At first I was thinking about getting a 3 quart as I live alone.  However, most of the healthy Instapot recipes require the 6 quart so that's what I'm going to buy.  

Exactly. And I don’t dare cook without a recipe. It never turns out well!

• Love 1

Welcome back, everybody!  

i believe we have a winner with the most EMT’s ever needed to do the lifting!  Runner up award for Octavia being completely dressed and not caterwauling while being moved. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Maybe it's me, but when Dr Now says, "Octavia," it sounds like 'Activia,' the yogurt.

A friend of mine coveted a KA stand mixer and finally got one a few years ago. She was ecstatic!

Maybe Activia would do her some good...?

----

Man, I managed to forget about all the sister wife shows (and Whitney). Damn.

• Love 2