Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

I don't think Luann's issues are with alcohol and I hate that rehab is the immediate response for any behavioral issues when someone is drunk.  Alcohol removes inhibitions, so people often act out when they've been drinking but the underlying reason is typically depression, pain, etc.  Then they legal system punishes people with court ordered rehab or mandated sobriety and it does nothing for those not suffering from an addiction or dependence.  I wish they would do more with court ordered/mandated therapy.  That's something many people need and could benefit from, imho.

No issues with Luann getting back to work.  Looks like she's been officially charged and the prosecutors is not playing.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, snarts said:

I don't think Luann's issues are with alcohol and I hate that rehab is the immediate response for any behavioral issues when someone is drunk.  Alcohol removes inhibitions, so people often act out when they've been drinking but the underlying reason is typically depression, pain, etc.  Then they legal system punishes people with court ordered rehab or mandated sobriety and it does nothing for those not suffering from an addiction or dependence.  I wish they would do more with court ordered/mandated therapy.  That's something many people need and could benefit from, imho.

No issues with Luann getting back to work.  Looks like she's been officially charged and the prosecutors is not playing.  

I'm not sure that Luann went into rehab because of alcohol, she didn't clarify what kind of rehab she sought.

As for her official charges, I'm not surprised nor will I be if they end up giving her a plea deal for much less with no jail/prison time because this is her first arrest and no one actually got hurt/injured.

• Love 3

I'm not sure that Luann went into rehab because of alcohol, she didn't clarify what kind of rehab she sought.

I realize we don't know.  I was referring to the overall sentiment that she should no longer be around alcohol and that being seen with a drink would be bad.

• Love 3

Then they legal system punishes people with court ordered rehab or mandated sobriety and it does nothing for those not suffering from an addiction or dependence.  I wish they would do more with court ordered/mandated therapy.  That's something many people need and could benefit from, imho.

I don't disagree with you that solving the underlying problems would be more helpful than mandating someone go to AA meetings once a day as part of their court mandated punishment. However, the reality here is that Luann was not FORCED by the courts to go to rehab - she went voluntarily. If we're going to huff over "she never said it was for her drinking", I will simply point out the Occam's razor solution - she decided to go to rehab after she was arrested for drunken behavior, and the simplest conclusion is generally right. Put another way - I doubt her little drunken rampage *wasn't* the catalyst for her decision to go to rehab. If she didn't go because of her drinking, and she has no other known substance abuse problems, and doesn't appear to be anorexic or suffering from poor health, physical or mental, then why would she go to rehab? (and I don't know that people going into a medical setting for a mental health issue like depression for example, call it rehab)

When someone goes to rehab after being arrested for drunkeness, 99 times out of 100, they're going because of the alcohol related issue. Luann was likely told by her attorney that it would help her legally. But I really doubt she decided to go to rehab for an unrelated issue.

LuMan was slapped with 3 charges and up to 5 years in jail. YIKES!

Surprising but unless she has a horrid attorney, I'm sure she'll be pled down to something without jail time. Money sure doesn't buy you class, but it does let you avoid the consequences of getting drunk and attacking police officers while screaming "I'm gonna fucking kill you!".

Heck, wouldn't it be awesome if *that* was her new tagline for the show? :D

• Love 7
6 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't think Luann's issues are with alcohol and I hate that rehab is the immediate response for any behavioral issues when someone is drunk. 

Interesting -- what do you think her real issues are? (Sex addiction combined with depression?)

Here is what the Court said to Luann at her initial appearance.

De Lesseps, who has no prior offenses, will be allowed to go back to New York, said Judge Ted Booras. Booras, acknowledging De Lesseps’ fame, said she should hire a criminal defense attorney from Palm Beach instead of ignoring the charges.  “I don’t think it would be that hard to find you,” he said.

The judge then told de Lesseps, “I don’t know if you have a drinking problem, but stop drinking. That seems to be the problem here.”

He then warned her to stop speaking in case she incriminated herself. She was released without bond and is scheduled to appear in court on January 25.

Luann upon entering rehab:

"After the events of last Saturday night in Palm Beach, I am truly embarrassed," the statement said. "I have decided to seek professional guidance and will be voluntarily checking into an alcohol treatment center. I intend to turn this unfortunate incident into a positive life changing event."

I don't think there is much ambiguity in either the Court's statement or Luann's.  It is not as if they are debating Luann's fashion choice or slut shaming her.  Pretty clear she was told to stop drinking and she sought treatment in a alcohol treatment center.

15 hours ago, snarts said:

I realize we don't know.  I was referring to the overall sentiment that she should no longer be around alcohol and that being seen with a drink would be bad.

I don't think they have gone so far as to say she can't be around alcohol-just that she should stop drinking.  Gosh Luann would become an incredibly cheap date if all she ever ordered was Club Soda or Diet Soda. 

• Love 3
On 1/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, Rap541 said:

Wow, she went to rehab on Dec 30th? And is out on Jan 22? So a total of 24 days in rehab at best? And is back in the toxic environment she previously drank in?

Well, she certainly took that rehab seriously! Way to check that box to avoid prosecution, Luann! 

I think it was announced she was in rehab on December 29th, she could have been there a couple of days.  There really isn't a magic number for in patient rehab.  A lot of them are 28 days.  Some are 14 days.  The big step is admitting to being powerless over alcohol and  quitting drinking.  There are people who spend six months in rehab, leave and begin drinking the next day.  With substance abuse, gambling and eating disorders patients are advised to take things one day at a time.  Many people cannot afford or must immediately go back to work after rehab.  

• Love 4

I'm guessing the felony charge was dropped. She probably copped to the drunk and disorderly and trespassing. With her rehab stint already done, she may just end up with probation, maybe a fine or some community service.

17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Money sure doesn't buy you class, but it does let you avoid the consequences of getting drunk and attacking police officers while screaming "I'm gonna fucking kill you!"

Yep. 

Rehab, a top-notch lawyer ... if she was a lotta people, she'd still be sitting in jail.

• Love 5

Money sure doesn't buy you class, but it does let you avoid the consequences of getting drunk and attacking police officers while screaming "I'm gonna fucking kill you!"

True, but that's always been the case; it's not like Luann is the poster child for disparities in the judicial system.

Maybe Bethenny got there earlier and got a drink at the bar. 

It's probably her Skinnyswill that she brought herself.

I wish Carole would go back to the darker color, much more flattering on her. 

Me, too. Very few look better with anything other than their natural color, and Carole ain't one of them.

• Love 3
On 1/24/2018 at 4:01 PM, Rap541 said:

18 hours ago, jaync said:

True, but that's always been the case; it's not like Luann is the poster child for disparities in the judicial system.

Maybe not, but her face definitely belongs in a collage of wealthy white people who've bought their way out of trouble ...

• Love 10

"The Real Housewives of New York City star shared a photo of herself practicing yoga poolside on Friday — just over a month after she was arrested in Palm Beach, Florida.

“Ohm” de Lesseps, 52, captioned the image in which she dons all-black yoga gear while doing a modified version of a supported headstand by an indoor pool.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Anyone have a clue where this might have been taken?  

Maybe Mexico last year?

That is a really nice picture, and a really nice message. Good for Luann for publicly acknowledging that the others have been supportive. I remember when Ramona refused to say that the other gals had been supportive of her during her divorce stuff. I believe at the reunion. She just refused to say it, which was a bitch move. Good for Luann. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Anyone have a clue where this might have been taken?  

Maybe Mexico last year?

Gah, Luann with the open bag. I've noticed they often do that with their Birkins as well? Is that a style thing? And if so, was that style started by pickpockets? Because it sure looks like it makes their job a lot easier.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, film noire said:

"The Real Housewives of New York City star shared a photo of herself practicing yoga poolside on Friday — just over a month after she was arrested in Palm Beach, Florida.

“Ohm” de Lesseps, 52, captioned the image in which she dons all-black yoga gear while doing a modified version of a supported headstand by an indoor pool.

Hope yoga works for her better than it did for Teresa.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, KungFuBunny said:

From BravoTV Daily Dish site, published 1/26/18

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-de-lesseps-shows-off-yoga-moves

Luann/Ramona/Sonja - Yoga

Who thinks this was filmed before Luann was arrested?

Looks like Sonja had those heinous implants removed.  She looks great.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, film noire said:

There's got to be a morning after....

Please, for the love of God, tell me she isn't buying into the Siggy Flicker motivational psychobabble.  I will be very disappointed in her if we spot "No 1 Countess" signs throughout her house, or if she redecorates her entranceway with giant photos of herself.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

or if she redecorates her entranceway with giant photos of herself.

Ha! (Maybe she's had those up for years, Sweetie  - just hides them when the camera comes calling :)

Luann is hiring a  new team:  

https://radaronline.com/videos/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-hires-sober-team-after-rehab-arrest/

Here's what she's looking for as an optimum hire:  "She also said she would love a gay man who has a clean record.”  (WTF?)

One applicant said he declined, because Luann was unprofessional (“She was just ridiculous...she would have her other assistant contact me to let me know that Luann would be calling us shortly. But she would never call.") WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS, COUNTESS?   And everybody has to be sober (“She is telling all applicants in the first interview that drinking and substance abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, especially when on the clock.") 

Please -- you'd have to be drunk to get through a day working for that woman :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

Robb (sorry! I know his face and he gets good scoop) was on the Wendy Williams Show today (I saw the clip on Wendyshow.com) and he produced photos of what the officer that LuAnn allegedly attacked and it looked like a red mark on his forehead. Perhaps a previous scar? There was redness under his Left eye (they put a bar up so you couldn’t see his whole face). Any dashcam footage of the incident is either buried or not released yet. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
To make more sense.
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

She hit the guy hard enough to leave marks? That might make it awkward even if it is a first offense.

That is why it was stated that depending on her behavior and further activities that they could make a jail sentence stick. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Also, maybe Tom and Bethenny Ramona could have a drink throwing contest.

There, fixed it for ya! 

I know about Beth supposedly throwing  water once, but Ramona is the one who was actually shown throwing not only wine but also a wine GLASS in Kristin's face. I think she's the one who deserves to be singled out for her drink throwing propensities. 

• Love 8

Didn't Tamra douse Jeanna Keanu with wine at a pool party once, too? Add her to the list of competitors. 

Ramona will always be the worst, though. I can't believe they let her stay on the show after what she did to Kristen. They didn't even send her home from the trip for doing that. She actually cut Kristen's lip.

• Love 11