Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E21: Reunion Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

So . ..we have MTV Fan Appreciation Week. If you go to the website and enter the password, you could win attendance to the net reunion. Here's my question: why the fuck would you want that?!? We're getting to a point where there's going to be a murder on stage,and it would happen a lot sooner than we'd want. Every season, the Reunion just keeps getting uglier and uglier. Sure, security folks will get between Devin and Johnny before the former throws a punch (or puffs his chest out some more), but what about next season? Or the one after that? Yes, Johnny needs a beating, but it would be a lot more grisly than most of us would like.

Tonight: a stage full of mental patients! And also CT, who's probably there to promote his wedding special. Not unlike a CNN show in 2000 where Judd was trying to talk about Pedro & Me, but it was the day after the Survivor finale. Oh, and Kayleigh and Kyle from England! Kyle's face has apparently rejected the hair transplant, but now it looks like he has a guy in sunglasses peeking from the collar of his shirt. Thanks to Facebook folks, I found out that Joss couldn't pop up in any capacity due to legal union issues. I'd have to copy and paste . .  needless to say, if he was there, we'd have a three-part Reunion, because he'd be ripping into Paulie non-stop.

Isn't Ashley already rich? Like, she could buy and sell families or some shit? Nice to see she's not buying class. Hunter is still coming off as an asshole, but he looks good next to Ashley. Yes, they are seated together, because MTV probably wants some bloodshed.

Zach's one line = "Hey, who put a dime in Zach?"

Once again: four of Shane's castmates on RR: Campus Crawl have won a combined eight Challenges, and he's never made it to the end. Shane can and should STFU.

This Dolph guy is supposed to be tough. Why didn't he intercept Devin? Also: how many champions are there in wrestling these days? I don't care either way, but I'm curious.

ETA: The password to win is below. Good luck!!!

Spoiler

"KILLAKAM"

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 6

This show gets trashier every season. And I fear the type of cast members being cultivated now will only continue down this road. Cara Maria has been kind of awful this season but she got one thing right... Angela and Faith... thiiiirrrsty.  This isn't Bad Girls Club Angela... take several seats. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

CT as the voice of reason. 

"Yeah, I'm just here to promote my two-part wedding special. I'd rather not be here, because I have to remember I was once as miserable a fuck as these guys, but Lily's family didn't pay for the whole thing if you know what I mean, so here I am. Oh, and Veronica was busy. She is not ducking me."

37 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

So let’s talk about the most important part of this reunion: what was up with Ashley’s hair? 

26 minutes ago, SophiaPehawkins said:

Oh, and Ashley’s hair is still tragic.

From what I heard in the live chat in a Facebook group, that was a weave. Aside from Diem, I didn't think white girls would get those.

Oh, and round of applause for Paulie for calling out Kyle with an ocean between them. Seriously, Paulie is a punk ass. "Buddy, you better be thankful Natalie kept shitting the bed at Armageddon, condemning us to Redemption House. Otherwise, I'd lay hands on you like a damn evangelist!" Paulie needs to be punched in the face. I think that's something Johnny and Devin could agree on.

• Love 1

I rooted for Devin to humble Bananas, but this guy has really let a lite-brite comp win go to his head.  Give me a fucking break. His swaggering around swinging his dick is just so repulsive.  Take your dad bod and sit back down, junior.

4 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

This show gets trashier every season. And I fear the type of cast members being cultivated now will only continue down this road. Cara Maria has been kind of awful this season but she got one thing right... Angela and Faith... thiiiirrrsty.  This isn't Bad Girls Club Angela... take several seats. 

Oh my God, people bitch about Big Brother, but this Bad Girls Club is pure trash.  I will take a BB player every day and twice on Sunday over this group of women.

• Love 17

I can't understand what anyone is saying when THEY'RE ALL YELLING AT THE SAME DAMN TIME. I thought Jerry Springer's show went off the air. Now we just need Maury to come out saying "you are NOT the father!". Good lord, I feel like I went diving in a dumpster when I watch this trash. 

I'm no fan of Kyle, but if someone like Paulie was threatening to beat me up next time he saw me, I'd burst out laughing. Yeah, okay Paulie, you do that. You're giving Napolean a run for his money and he's the one with the complex named after him. 

Sylvia needed to go with invisible dry deodorant, and Amanda had two pet caterpillars on her eyes.

Legit didn't realize who Kam was when she was first introduced.

• Love 6

Only things I remember are Ashley saying she laughed at Johnnys baby dick and it shut him up and Devin saying he’s got a bigger dick and Johnny didn’t deny it.

And Ashley saying she doesn’t have to co-sign anything cuz she’s got money.

Not sure what the strategy is for these reunions.  Maximize ratings by trying to stoke Jerry Springer type of confr9ntations and promote it?

Or maybe show these fights to help promote future Challenges because those who make the most noise are likely to get viewers to tune in?

Whatever, onto the next.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Also, this Dolph dude looks exactly like how I'd expect a "Dolph" to look. 

His real name is Nick. He wrestles with Miz. But, I'm sure they thought Dolph would be the perfect name for this man when it came time to rename him.

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

"Yeah, I'm just here to promote my two-part wedding special. I'd rather not be here, because I have to remember I was once as miserable a fuck as these guys, but Lily's family didn't pay for the whole thing if you know what I mean, so here I am. Oh, and Veronica was busy. She is not ducking me."

From what I heard in the live chat in a Facebook group, that was a weave. Aside from Diem, I didn't think white girls would get those.

Oh, and round of applause for Paulie for calling out Kyle with an ocean between them. Seriously, Paulie is a punk ass. "Buddy, you better be thankful Natalie kept shitting the bed at Armageddon, condemning us to Redemption House. Otherwise, I'd lay hands on you like a damn evangelist!" Paulie needs to be punched in the face. I think that's something Johnny and Devin could agree on.

You would be very wrong about the weave/extensions thing.

• Love 2

I rooted for Devin to humble Bananas, but this guy has really let a lite-brite comp win go to his head.  Give me a fucking break. His swaggering around swinging his dick is just so repulsive.  Take your dad bod and sit back down, junior.

Yup. All he had to do was sit back and take the high road and he would have come off like a prince. But I don't think he's capable, because much like the man he claims to detest, it's all about insults and curses and intimidation. I liked Devin well enough before this season, but I think he's shown his true colors now.

However, I think Corey just edges out Kayleigh for me as most hopelessly awful human. The way he kept insisting Tony wouldn't take accountability was stunning to watch. Accountability? Really? Corey, if you're asked to give an explanation for body slamming someone in a way that easily could have resulted in spinal injury and paralysis, even death, and the word "pasta" comes out of your mouth? You're just wrong. No questions, no excuses. If Corey had done this in his regular life he could be looking at both a criminal charge and a lawsuit, and the fact that the other person threw his pasta out a window wouldn't help him in the least. I did, however, enjoy the cameo of Jenna in the audience watching the insanity. She looks really good with the darker hair color. 

As for Kayleigh...I mean, what is there to say? Everything Natalie said was one hundred percent correct. 

It felt like every situation was basically screaming and physical posturing followed by the host saying this clearly wouldn't be resolved today. Then why bring it up to begin with, Dolph? 

Zach's one line = "Hey, who put a dime in Zach?"

He was like that at the Vendettas reunion also. He seems to mostly keep quiet unless directly addressed, and is almost expressionless as he watches everyone scream at one another. Brad seemed to be taking that approach last night as well.

I'm glad Paulie blocked Faith from getting in Cara's face, even though I don't like Cara at the moment. All the attempts at physical intimidation were pathetic to watch, especially since they all know that security is standing right there. It's such an empty way to try to make yourself look powerful. But actually, can we see Paulie go ahead and try to take Zach or Brad? I appreciate the way both of them didn't even feel the need to respond to the validity of that and just exchanged a look. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, scrb said:

Only things I remember are Ashley saying she laughed at Johnnys baby dick and it shut him up and Devin saying he’s got a bigger dick and Johnny didn’t deny it.

Regarding Devin saying he's better looking and has better hair though, objectively speaking, as someone who dislikes them both, neither of those is true.  Devin has terrible hair and though I wouldn't necessarily agree that he looks like a thumb, he definitely doesn't beat Bananas in the looks department. Also, I firmly believe Bananas could crush him in a physical competition. Devin is all attitude with nothing to back it up. 

• Love 12

In looks alone, in my highly sought after opinion, :) Johnny is definitely the better looking and he has always had a nice head of hair. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, but what does Devin expect to happen when taunting someone and following them all around the house? They lash out.  And that is what Devin wanted.  So, I don't get why he is still mad about it.  

These people are crazy.  I wondered who was seated behind Davonne.  Didn't realize it was Kam. 

Who would want to be friends with any of the Lavender ladies?! Not me. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 11

As usual, this show was awful.  It is just idiots screaming at each about their terrible behavior on the show, which they perpetuate on the reunion, which now is expanded to two episodes, and another unseen clips show after that.  If this really was the end of the Challenge as we know it, all these people would be dismissed.  But that won't happen, though the next season seemed filled with Big Brother, Floribama etc. folks.  The current crop from those shows are bad enough.  I really need to have my head examined for continuing to watch this show after so many years because I know in advance exactly what I'll get.

• Love 4

So Ashley didn't get enough sympathy from pulling the woman empowerment/slut shaming card, so she decided to go the racism route.  Get the fuck outta here Ashley.  I don't believe for one second that what she was true because if it was, she would have been shouting it from the rooftops to prove how awful her partner is.  She is such fucking smug trash.  I'm so done with her.  

And again, how it is it okay that everyone acknowledges that Sylvia DID headbutt Marie, but there were no consequences?!?!?

Also, Paulie: 

giphy.gif

• Love 12

I should also stop watching this show but I know if I know it’s on, I’ll be watching.  I really wonder if some of the cast just get together and plot drama storylines just to get airtime.  I wonder if they will bring up Paulie and Cara’s “romance” or Amanda’s telling Cara that she wished her horse would die.  I didn’t see any previews of that.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

CT as the voice of reason. 

We've come so far. 

He was like that at the Vendettas reunion also. He seems to mostly keep quiet unless directly addressed, and is almost expressionless as he watches everyone scream at one another. Brad seemed to be taking that approach last night as well.

It's a smart strategy. When others are showing their asses, no need to put yours on display as well. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Regarding Devin saying he's better looking and has better hair though, objectively speaking, as someone who dislikes them both, neither of those is true.  Devin has terrible hair and though I wouldn't necessarily agree that he looks like a thumb, he definitely doesn't beat Bananas in the looks department. Also, I firmly believe Bananas could crush him in a physical competition. Devin is all attitude with nothing to back it up. 

Seriously!  Everybody says Paulie's all talk, but at least he made it to the finals his first season.  What has Devin done other than beat Bananas in what was essentially a memory task?

• Love 2

I need someone to ask Cory about the pasta.  Seriously, the whole thing started because someone sat on his pasta, he complained about it, so then drunk ass Tony threw the pasta out the window, right?  So, was Cory actually going to EAT the ass pasta?  If not, then sit the fuck down and stop bitching about the pasta he threw out.  Yeah, I get it, you wanted the pasta and he threw it out, but, once someone sat on it, it was kind of off the table, right?  It's not like Tony is the reason the pasta became lost to you.  Or, you're an ass pasta eater and, yuck.

Fuck Bananas for saying he only hooks up with the rookies because they haven't been "run through" like all the vets on the challenge.  No one is talking shit about how used up he or Cory are for hitting on every damn girl that comes through the house.  But it's cool to talk shit about the girls who hook up with them?  

• Love 10
On 11/27/2018 at 8:26 PM, Lantern7 said:

Oh you need to watch more Real Housewives.

Why was Kam orange?  Was she sitting in a weird lighting?  It was the oddest color I have ever seen a person and I do not think it was her.  

Paulie did the same thing in the Redemption house.  He was all talk and did nothing when Brad and Kyle got there.  We see you, Paulie.

Does anyone know if CT's wedding special will be under The Challenge for recording purposes?  I don't want to actually go and hunt it down, just hoping it will automatically record off my Challenge title already set up.

• Love 2

In regard to Joss, if anyone cares . . . on a Facebook group, I was speculating about how he’d act at the Reunion, and someone explained why he wasn’t in attendance.

he was in NYC during the reunion with a work visa that wasn’t given by MTV so in technicality he couldn’t attend

Then I was all:

But couldn't a camera have been placed where he was? Or was MTV trying not to find loopholes?

Her response:

nope they can’t do that since he got the “work visa” through another company. Unlike Kyle and Kayleigh that were back in the UK. Immigration is quite complicated lol

• Love 3

That was so trashy.  I used to enjoy the reunions but now it's just people screaming at/over each other.  So disappointed.  Natalie and Cara-Marie handled their confrontations with some class, but everyone else was a disaster. 

• Love 6

Work visa means they're allowed to earn money in a country without otherwise having citizenship rights.

So they pay them to appear on the Reunion?  Could apply even if they only pay scale.

And flying them in and putting them up in hotels would be considered income too, though maybe MTV has deals with hotels to mention their names in exchange for comped rooms.

Otherwise, Manhattan hotels aren't cheap.

22 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is MTV just to cheap to fly the Brits out to the reunion? I never understand why they always have to chime in via satellite. 

I kinda assumed the cost of paying for a visa(do tourist or work visas cost money? or maybe just the hassle of getting visas for them), flying them in and keeping them at a hotel was probably far more than they thought worth it to have them there in person when they could just have a live feed. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I kinda assumed the cost of paying for a visa(do tourist or work visas cost money? or maybe just the hassle of getting visas for them), flying them in and keeping them at a hotel was probably far more than they thought worth it to have them there in person when they could just have a live feed. 

Exactly.  And do any of us really need to see the Ultimate Douche Face-Off between Paulie and Kyle?  The American Challenge contingent already got that covered (Devin and Johnny, we know neither of you will actually DO anything....).

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 4:41 PM, Decider said:

This season was so long that I completely forgot about Kailah and Melissa getting the boot in the first episode.

Was that this year?  I feel the flashback should have been shown in sepia tones.

Man the producers just do not have a clue.  With the questions the host was asking it appears the show thought this was going to be some sort of jolly reunion with everyone sharing dirt and having fun, but these people haaaaaaaate each other.  There was so much vitriol on that stage I think only Marie was enjoying herself.  Maybe Zach too.

Cara, Paul is trash.  I can’t say you deserve better because I don’t know you and also Abe but still.  Paul is heinous.

• Love 4

I cannot stand Ashley, so I really enjoyed Da'vonne going after her.

Also, has Ashley's voice always been that high pitched? She sounded like she sucked on helium

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 6
On 11/29/2018 at 3:50 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Does anyone know if CT's wedding special will be under The Challenge for recording purposes?  I don't want to actually go and hunt it down, just hoping it will automatically record off my Challenge title already set up.

Yes, my DVR has it scheduled under the Challenge title.

• Love 1