Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Death Do Us Part

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

This will not air until December 5th, but the synopsis is out.

Will and Natalie prepare for their big day, but an unsuspecting Will soon finds himself sidetracked. Dr. Charles disagrees with Goodwin on how to best handle a patient's treatment while Dr. Choi and April are on their own when a pregnant woman delivers. Dr. Rhodes finds himself operating on a patient that is of great importance to Det. Halstead.

On 18 November 2018 at 3:27 PM, Ohwell said:

Gah.  I hope Choi and April don't somehow "reconnect" while dealing with the pregnant woman.

Ugh you just know that this is exactly what will happen.

On 18 November 2018 at 7:04 PM, statsgirl said:

It's funny how the show keeps pushing these "great romances" like Choi and April, and Rhodes and Bekker at us when many viewers don't like them.

Will and Natalie I can kind of understand. There was a background there from first episode and even though they're annoying you can at least understand how they ended up together. 

I feel the other two couples are void of any chemistry and the overdramatic fighting is just draining to watch. Conor especially has become so one note through his romances when he was the most compelling character to begin with.

Is this the mid season finale?

• Love 3

I think the problem is that there are not any likable characters on this show. Choi was until they put him in with April. All of the doctors are insufferable scantamonious politically correct prigs. Maggie is just about the only character that you can relate too or care about in the whole hospital.

I think the only intriguing character is a bit player. The Neurosurgeon who shows up every other episode is interesting. You could build a show around him. Otherwise the rest of the doctors are blech.

They don’t make doctors like Dr. Kildare or Ben Casy anymore.    

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I think the only intriguing character is a bit player. The Neurosurgeon

Came here to say exactly this.  The medical scenarios are crap, the hybrid OR is stupid, and the histronics over every little detail are just boring.  Why am I watching this show?

• Love 3
On 11/22/2018 at 7:41 AM, ukgirl71 said:

So, any bets on the patient who's greatly important to Jay - Will himself, Hayley, who else??

It's the crime boss father who has Will on the hook for the wedding rental hall. He was in the hospital the first time during the hazmat spill, but later readmitted after Will retested him. Jay needs him to incriminate himself over a murder.

Edited by VinceW

Jesus. Someone should have told Natalie something. That just seemed needlessly cruel. Or had them bring out the priest and do a quickie ceremony on the steps of the church so they could at least get married.

The scene with April and the baby was so emotional too. :(

• Love 5

Really, they could at least have let Will get married before carting him away.

I liked Tim and how much he cared about his father until he was willing to kill Will.  The screwdrivier surgery was so over the top.

Connor and Bekker were barely on the episode together but their pairing annoyed me.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, Ohwell said:

Gah.  I hope Choi and April don't somehow "reconnect" while dealing with the pregnant woman.

Close, They bonded over April being willing to stay with the dying baby. Even when she does something nice like staying with the baby, she's so judgemental that I can't stand her.

I really like the Capgras storyline. It was a no win situation but I emphasized with all of the players.

• Love 6

The Capgras Delusion is another neurological disorder that Dr V.S. Ramachandran (he invented the mirror treatment we saw in an earlier episode) discusses in his book "Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind". If you're at all interested in the mind and neuroscience, this is a great book. There was also an episode of the PBS series "Nova" about his work called Secrets of the Mind: this link goes to the PBS page because I wasn't sure if it was okay to link to the episodes on YouTube.

Book synopsis from Wikipedia: "Ramachandran discusses his work with patients exhibiting phantom limbs, the Capgras delusion, pseudobulbar affect and hemispatial neglect following stroke, and religious experiences associated with epileptic seizure, among other disorders. Ramachandran uses these cases to illustrate the construction of body image, and the functioning of mood, decision-making, self-deception, and artistic skill."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rhys said:

So there was a MacGyver surgery & I missed it?! Damn. Now Will is in WitSec or whatever it's called? Maybe there is a God & Will won't return in January. 

And he'll take Natalie with him.

• Love 1

So Rhodes caused the death of a patient by interrupting his surgery and reviving him before he was ready so that Jay Halstead could question him. It this just going to be a blot on his conscience or is the hospital going to get sued? And Bekker's in the mess with him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mysticalflute said:

Jesus. Someone should have told Natalie something. That just seemed needlessly cruel. Or had them bring out the priest and do a quickie ceremony on the steps of the church so they could at least get married.

Yeah, seriously. they couldn't spare 15 minutes of him being guarded by all those agents to say their vows?

Capgras Syndrome was on Criminal Minds (s7e3), so I'm glad they didn't play Dr, Charles as stumped.

• Love 3

Last night was the first time I liked April for staying with the baby.  However, judging by that look Choi gave her before he left, it seems as if they're setting them up to be reunited next season.  I am not looking forward to that. 

I still don't care about Will/Natalie and Connor/Bekker. 

• Love 3

Mr MML on seeing Brooke Smith (every single time) “It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.” My response (every single time): “Don’t make me hurt your dog, Mister!”

Nat and April and Maggie really need to be sponsors for Eversmooth Foreheads, “for the times when expression is just too much.”

Mobster blood on the wedding gown bodice—nice touch, Show! But ew.

• Love 3
On 11/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, Ohwell said:

I did not know they had broke up. I haven't missed one episode, and yet I missed that?  I know they broke up last season, but i thought they apologized and were ok? Wth did I miss?

Fuck me.....they say that binge drinking causes brain damage....so does watching this show. I feel dumber.

I don't know what was stupider...the interrupted surgery, the drill surgery, the protective custody or why in god's name can nobody take a pregnant mother upstairs to deliver a bloody baby? 

And just because I am annoyed, why the hell is Natalie all dressed up in her wedding dress at the start and the child already in his tux, and then next thing she's running around in her dressing gown with her hair in curlers?

• Love 2

This episode was so bad I cannot say which part was worse. Or who was the worst actor. 

I will say this though: they are almost right on how they portray Chicago police. The super authoritarian way of dealing with people. That detective (?) was seriously breaking laws (which apparently is rampant in real life Chicago). Is the brother cop part of the other show? I never watch that. They force a civilian to break all the laws and now he is marked for death (ignoring that protective custody does not work like that). 

The woman who stabbed her husband asked Maggie to contact him but she was conscious so Maggie looking on her phone was invasion of privacy. She should have asked first. 

Connor cried after he killed the patient to comply with authoritarian "friend". Fuck all of them. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, starri said:

Natalie.

The three stages of grief per Natalie within one conversation:

1: Dry eyed and gazing longingly

2: Moist eyed and emoting further

3: Just had a sprinkler turned on her.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 4

The beginning of this episode may as well have been an episode of P.D. This is such a stupid storyline. Only good thing about it is they seem to have removed Jay from eating up half the episodes.

Everyone should take a drink every time someone mentions the hybrid OR.

eta never mind Jay showed up to ruin the episode. Currently watching both him and Rhodes flex their god complexes across the ER.

Edited by Chas411

All this episode served to do was highlight what complete morons the P.D. are, what a complete asshat Jay is and how weak the character of Bekker is and how Rhodes has gone from being one of the stronger characters of season one to an obnoxious pain in the butt. 

• Love 3