Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

That was a pretty momentous update. 

Spoiler

I get what you're saying about Al-Sahim, but I think I was ok with the situation because Oliver was breaking through even before things got hot-and-heavy,including his comments about knowing where to find her and the shampoo.  

• Love 1

For those who enjoyed ckksac's The Darkest Hour (the one where Felicity meets Oliver and Diggle when they rescue Lyla from a secret prison and take her along and

Spoiler

Moira and Malcolm are evil but not nearly as evil as Tommy

she wrote a Christmas sequel, Finding Christmas as Oliver tries to come to terms with the fall-out of what happened.

She's also started a new one, The Wall Between, which looks to be equally as twisty as her others.  As well as her writing, one of the things I admire about her is that she answers all of the comments on her fic.

MachaSWicket has updated Blindspot and added a second chapter to her Olympics-inspired fic, Compulsory Figures.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For those who enjoyed ckksac's The Darkest Hour (the one where Felicity meets Oliver and Diggle when they rescue Lyla from a secret prison and take her along and

Reveal hidden contents

Moira and Malcolm are evil but not nearly as evil as Tommy

she wrote a Christmas sequel, Finding Christmas as Oliver tries to come to terms with the fall-out of what happened.

She's also started a new one, The Wall Between, which looks to be equally as twisty as her others.  As well as her writing, one of the things I admire about her is that she answers all of the comments on her fic.

MachaSWicket has updated Blindspot and added a second chapter to her Olympics-inspired fic, Compulsory Figures.

That Blindspot AU is like crack. And the Olympics one is very cute.

I read ckksac’s new fic a few days ago. It didn’t click instantly for me like The Darkest Hour, but I’ll give it a couple chapters before dediding whether to stick with it. Either way, she’s a strong writer and I’m glad she has a new story.

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It didn’t click instantly for me like The Darkest Hour, but I’ll give it a couple chapters before dediding whether to stick with it.

I think that we were introduced to a lot of new characters all at once which is why it's difficult to click with it (and Felicity didn't meet Oliver for a while in that chapter)... Hopefully when Oliver/Felicity start to interact more things will fall into place (which I'm sure will because she's awesome)

Yeah, that’s probably a big part of it. I prefer reimaginings of show characters to original characters in fics. Which is why I’m hoping that Sebastian is actually Sebastian Blood.

Spoiler

Plus, someone was praising Jax in the comments section and his chemistry with Felicity, and the writer responded this was the triangle we deserved. Frankly, I never wanted any kind of triangle.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Yeah, that’s probably a big part of it. I prefer reimaginings of show characters to original characters in fics. Which is why I’m hoping that Sebastian is actually Sebastian Blood.

Reveal hidden contents

Plus, someone was praising Jax in the comments section and his chemistry with Felicity, and the writer responded this was the triangle we deserved. Frankly, I never wanted any kind of triangle.

Spoiler

Triangle?

Well, that turns me right off. 

• Love 1

@Hiveminder, this is just the first chapter, so I honestly have no idea how far it will go 

Spoiler

but Felicity associate and she are feeling attracted to each other, and that was one of the author’s replies in the comment section. On the other hand, as soon as she sees Oliver, it seems everything and everyone else fades away from Felicity’s line of vision. 

It very much remains to be determined.

6 hours ago, bijoux said:

@Hiveminder, this is just the first chapter, so I honestly have no idea how far it will go 

Reveal hidden contents

but Felicity associate and she are feeling attracted to each other, and that was one of the author’s replies in the comment section. On the other hand, as soon as she sees Oliver, it seems everything and everyone else fades away from Felicity’s line of vision. 

It very much remains to be determined.

I guess I’ll just wait until it’s much farther along and I can read the comments first before I read it. To be honest, the summary is just a little too au to really intrigue me. 

Seeing as we were all raging today and I couldn't concentrate on my new fic I decided to write a little something for all of us!

A very ragey post 614 revenge crackfic

Bad Luck

I feel much better now! *breathes and goes off to have dessert while watching the Australia bake off*

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Seeing as we were all raging today and I couldn't concentrate on my new fic I decided to write a little something for all of us!

Bad Luck

I feel much better now! *breathes and goes off to have dessert while watching the Australia bake off*

Lol.  Aww!  I love a good old crack fic.  And special kudos to this spot on description.  I snorted when I got to Dinah and Rene.  

here they were standing in line ... Curtis with his ridiculous face paint, tossing his T Spheres up and down, Dinah in her semi squat I-may-need-a-bathroom-break fighting stance and Rene with the colander on his face. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@Mellowyellow you are doing a public service! That was just what I needed! 

Actually, watching a baking show sounds lovely. Especially where everyone is nice and just wants to make tasty treats in pastoral setting, and not act like pointless assholes. Is that what Australia's bake off is like? I bet it is. To Netflix, away!

• Love 2

Thanks @BkWurm1 and @tennisgurl

My initial plan was to pop in here to collect a wishlist of bad things everyone wanted to happen to the N00bs before their deaths and then write a compilation ( always wanted to do a forum short story) but I was feeling soooo grizzly I could not even concentrate on writing my Olicity fluff (and I love writing Olicity fluff!!!!!) I just had to get it out of my system quickly!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Bad Luck

I guffawed. Thanks for this, it's perfect!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

"Best friend"? I don't think I would have characterized Curtis as such.

They were calling him that in season four/five in interviews though.  It works for me.  Dig is a brother and Oliver so much more than merely a friend.  So it's ok if Curtis got a default title IMO.  

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

They were calling him that in season four/five in interviews though.  It works for me.  Dig is a brother and Oliver so much more than merely a friend.  So it's ok if Curtis got a default title IMO.  

Default is the right word for it since they wouldn't allow Felicity to have other friends at all. 

• Love 3

That got me thinking about it and no one has any friends really.  Oliver got Tommy and Laurel but that was from before the show started.  Now he has Diggle and maybe Quentin on a good day.  Diggle has no one except for Lyla who isn't on Team Arrow.  Felicity may have Alena now, although that's a friendship that included Alena forcing Felicity to free Cayden James but before that the only friend she had on the show was Curtis.  Thea's only friends are those girls from s1 who were giving her drugs and Quentin's friends on the police force keep getting killed.

And then there is NTA who are apparently each other's BFFs but I don't care about them. Certainly Rene and Dinah are no friend to Diggle any mre.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Default is the right word for it since they wouldn't allow Felicity to have other friends at all. 

To be fair, at this point no one on the cast has any friends that aren’t each other.  It’s sad how small its world has gotten.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

Does Oliver snore in your headcanon?

Hubby insists on sleeping in the study couch while I write and makes a terrible racket snoring. I told him to go to bed as I am having trouble writing Olicity fluff with the ghastly nasal sound he makes. He had the gall to tell me to channel Oliver snoring.

Me: Oliver is a hunk and does not snore.

Him: Of course he snores. These are the real life things they don't tell you!

• Love 2

No. Not because he’s a hunk, but because he’s a very light sleeper and he’d wake himself up if he did. Like, maybe during the summer of love when he finally let go of the built up stress it could have happened, but otherwise I can’t see it.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Does Oliver snore in your headcanon?

Hubby insists on sleeping in the study couch while I write and makes a terrible racket snoring. I told him to go to bed as I am having trouble writing Olicity fluff with the ghastly nasal sound he makes. He had the gall to tell me to channel Oliver snoring.

Me: Oliver is a hunk and does not snore.

Him: Of course he snores. These are the real life things they don't tell you!

I'm going to go with if he is beyond exhausted or if he gets punched in the face and his nose gets messed up.  But maybe that last one would be more a whistle adjacent sound.  ;) 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What is your style?

I've got authors I squee over like crazy but I'm not sure they'll be your cup of tea. 

Anything? Haha. I don't like love triangle fics or anything with Flommy but anything else, I'm game. If I don't like, I'll just stop reading. :)

Okies! That's easy then!

Anything by:

*somewhereelse

*quiveringbunny

Their stories are fluffy and super cute. They are probably my favourite authors.

Callistawolf's new fic is awesome

http://archiveofourown.org/works/13604955/chapters/31233603

Her darker recently competed fic was great too

http://archiveofourown.org/works/12378546/chapters/28158939

I really like this person's short stories, especially the newer ones:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7420954/chapters/16855144

Cute n funny s1 AU by griever11

http://archiveofourown.org/works/13502256/chapters/30966014

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey, can anyone tell me if Malcolm Merlyn's name appeared on the list?  Obviously, he was the guy behind the curtain but I'm running on the impression despite that, his name never was put to page.  Does anyone remember a reason for that?  I have this vague memory of Malcolm actually being the author of the list rather than Robert.  Is that right?  Trying to write something where that comes up. It's been three years since I rewatched season one.  

It would be so much easier if his name WAS on the list but unless we are to think that Oliver's copy didn't have it because it was on one of the pages he used to start a fire, you'd think Oliver might have looked into Malcolm when he first got into town.  

Edited by BkWurm1

I don't think we ever saw Malcolm's name on the list and I definitely got the impression he wrote it. As for Oliver investigating him if he was, Isabel Rochev was on the list and Oliver slept with her and made her CEO of his family's company so I've never been sure he even read it beyond those he chose to target.

• Love 6

There are fics called "Missing Piece", "The Missing Piece", and "An Incomplete Piece" that have been posting regular updates lately, and I keep thinking the one I'm reading (the last one) got updated, only to be disappointed. 

@insomniadreams88 that cartoon is perfection and too too cute! The little booth with sign "Free Vigilante Advice" and "The Arrow is in" just killed me with laughter and squee! Gosh the artist is so talented and hilarious! 

I am hoarding The Unlikeliest Places. I am currently declaring a fic drought based on what I see on Ao3 so I am back to my hoarding ways! 

I am ready to dive in some fanfic.  If anyone can recommend a good one that would be great.  I would prefer one that is complete because I do not have patience especially if I am into a story  but if you believe it is good and worth waiting for the next chapter I will will commit.  Thanks in advance.

Where to start? There's so much great fic in this fandom and so many great writers. Anyway, my first rec is one of my absolute favorites by one of my favorite posters on the board, Between the Shadow and the Soul by @apinknightmare. It will make you sad that she doesn't write the show, LOL.

Also, I was a huge fan of MachaSWicket when she used to write Veronica Mars fic, and her Arrow fics are equally great. You could just go right down the list and be entertained for days.

• Love 4