Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

@bijoux and @BkWurm1 *blows you both a kiss*

I was stacking the dishwasher, playing my wedding album and thought about what you guys said and I HAZ AN IDEA!!!!! Squeeeeee 

Looks like I can do a Valentine's Day one shot as well!!!!! Wheeeeeee

hehe The forum has solved all my fanfic problems within the last few days! 

Lol the only thing is now I won't have time to write my tragic fic where almost everyone dies! Not that anyone in fandom needs or wants that =P

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

In general, I wish people would stop putting choking hazards or things that could chip teeth in food or drinks.  

I’ve always thought it was super gross. Did the guy make sure that ring was disinfected before he put it and all the millions of germs that must be on it in his girlfriend’s champagne or dessert or baked potato? Doubtful. 

Edited by Hiveminder
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

At least dropped in booze the alcohol would disinfect it, lol. 

That makes me wonder what happens to germs when you disinfect something. They don’t just disappear, right? Is this hypothetical glass of champagne now rife with microscopic germ carcasses just floating around in there?

Would it be rude to ask for a new glass of champagne in this situation? Because I feel like drinking a tiny dead germ pool would kill the romance. 

::puts on scientist hat::

The alcohol content in a glass of champagne is not high enough to really do much disinfecting. Alcohol (ethanol) needs to be at around 100-150 proof to be used for sanitizing, so something like Everclear or Barcardi 151. 

18 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Would it be rude to ask for a new glass of champagne in this situation? Because I feel like drinking a tiny dead germ pool would kill the romance.

You're drinking and eating dead and live germs all the time! That's what stomach acid is for besides digestion-- to kill germs in what you eat.

• Love 7

I'm not too worried about the germs but diamonds are grease magnets and it would take quite a bit of effort to scrub those diamonds clean again! The crime of dirtying a shiny new ring like that!!!!!

Not to mention I always wonder if the girl would be happy with the specs of the diamond chosen if she had no say in it. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

::puts on scientist hat::

The alcohol content in a glass of champagne is not high enough to really do much disinfecting. Alcohol (ethanol) needs to be at around 100-150 proof to be used for sanitizing, so something like Everclear or Barcardi 151. 

So, if someone wants to pop the question they should do it in NOLA with a hand grenade ??

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Not to mention I always wonder if the girl would be happy with the specs of the diamond chosen if she had no say in it. 

That’s always been my second worst fear about being proposed to. (The first being a public proposal.) what if the guy picks out some godawful, ugly ring?

35 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

That’s always been my second worst fear about being proposed to. (The first being a public proposal.) what if the guy picks out some godawful, ugly ring?

One of my friends (who isn't a huge diamond person anyway) got the shock of her life when she was proposed with a square princess cut instead of the round brilliant she was expecting. She didnt say anything but she still side eyes the stone even to this day. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm not too worried about the germs but diamonds are grease magnets and it would take quite a bit of effort to scrub those diamonds clean again! The crime of dirtying a shiny new ring like that!!!!!

Some places will sell the guy the setting but let him choose a place holder diamond until she can come in and pick out her own.  Others I've heard of having a "starter ring" that gets upgraded when they have more money down the road, lol. 

I assume by the time your husband proposed he knew enough to include you in picking out the ring?

13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Question for research purposes because I refuse to rewatch S4.

When Oliver was going to propose with the souffles was he going to put the ring in the whipped cream or the actual souffle?

Looked like it was the whipped cream 

tumblr_nuhjhh4R7s1u33otno1_500.gif

13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Others I've heard of having a "starter ring" that gets upgraded when they have more money down the road, lol. 

This is what my cousin got. TBF, they got engaged when they both just got out of grad school. 10 years later and better employed, she got a new right and it was quite the bling. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Some places will sell the guy the setting but let him choose a place holder diamond until she can come in and pick out her own.  Others I've heard of having a "starter ring" that gets upgraded when they have more money down the road, lol. 

I assume by the time your husband proposed he knew enough to include you in picking out the ring?

Nah we got the starter ring too because we were only 19 and still at uni. We picked it out together. I still wear it heaps actually because it's easier to wrangle the kid with it compared to the upgrade. Plus they are set in different colour gold settings so I still get good use out of the starter!

Thanks for the gif @SmallScreenDiva

Awesome, thanks for your reply. Also, FYI: I'm an Olicity shipper. If you're not, feel free to to keep scrolling, thanks. 

Edited by Laina
  • Love 2

Amazing...

Speed drawing- Emily Bett Rickards
Published on Jan 22, 2018, by Carbon Creations

So this took me around 11 hours to complete. 
Wanna see me draw this in less than 4 minutes??? ...

• Love 1

@lemotomato no I haven't! I've just gone and read the summary and it screams Olicity AU!

I'm currently obsessed with Scarlet Heart and hell bent on making it work as a condensed Olicity fic (after I finish off my auspicious Lunar New Year Olicity fic commitments) even though it's requiring a tonne of mental gymnastics. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

@lemotomato no I haven't! I've just gone and read the summary and it screams Olicity AU!

I'm currently obsessed with Scarlet Heart and hell bent on making it work as a condensed Olicity fic (after I finish off my auspicious Lunar New Year Olicity fic commitments) even though it's requiring a tonne of mental gymnastics. 

I went and read the summary for Scarlet Heart and it looks really complicated, so good luck! :D But if you want a new drama to watch (or need ideas for future AUs ;) ) give Descendants a try!

44 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I went and read the summary for Scarlet Heart and it looks really complicated, so good luck! :D But if you want a new drama to watch (or need ideas for future AUs ;) ) give Descendants a try!

I have ideas on how to make it work!!!! Kick off everyone in the complicated cast, make it an Olicity love story purely, insert a sad conflict that is neither of their faults and voila! 

Chinese/ Korean series are an endless source of Olicity fics! 

Guys!!! I need help *whines*

I need a very auspicious Olicity fic for Lunar New Year so I thought I'd made it somewhat canon compliant (albeit super silly because I'm a silly person) which to me is more auspicious than an auspicious AU.

And what could be more auspicious than an Olicitot. 

BUT I really want to write a fic where for some reason Oliver has to take said tot on a mission in an ergo. I just can't decide if he would actually ever do that for fear of endangering the child. Hence I am stumped and may just revert to an AU of some kind.

Could Oliver foreseeably take a baby on a mission? I have all the other details planned out, I just can't get over whether he'd actually take a baby on a mission! A safe-ish one........

51 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys!!! I need help *whines*

I need a very auspicious Olicity fic for Lunar New Year so I thought I'd made it somewhat canon compliant (albeit super silly because I'm a silly person) which to me is more auspicious than an auspicious AU.

And what could be more auspicious than an Olicitot. 

BUT I really want to write a fic where for some reason Oliver has to take said tot on a mission in an ergo. I just can't decide if he would actually ever do that for fear of endangering the child. Hence I am stumped and may just revert to an AU of some kind.

Could Oliver foreseeably take a baby on a mission? I have all the other details planned out, I just can't get over whether he'd actually take a baby on a mission! A safe-ish one........

I can’t imagine him ever willingly doing that. It would have to be some kind of situation where he really, truly has no other choice. Like maybe he and the kid are someplace that’s attacked and they have to escape. There would have to be absolutely no one around who he can leave the kid with, and no place he can hide the kid until things are safe. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I can’t imagine him ever willingly doing that. It would have to be some kind of situation where he really, truly has no other choice. Like maybe he and the kid are someplace that’s attacked and they have to escape. There would have to be absolutely no one around who he can leave the kid with, and no place he can hide the kid until things are safe. 

I thought as much! And then it won't be auspicious or silly anymore *sigh*

Back to the drawing board! 

10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I thought as much! And then it won't be auspicious or silly anymore *sigh*

Back to the drawing board! 

Well, does it have to be a very serious mission? Imagine, Oliver takes baby Smoak-Queen (Please do not name this kid any variation of Ellie. There are already eleventy billion of them.) to some kid friendly mayoral function. Something ridiculous happens. Like a meta with the power to turn people into inanimate objects or something shows up, and starts turning everyone into, like, paperweights or something. Oliver has to stop him, but he can’t leave the baby behind because not only is everyone around them a paperweight, but the baby will probably try to lick all the people/paperweights lying around (I once knew a kid who licked everything.) and Oliver is really uncomfortable with the idea of his child licking paperweight versions of the city council. 

His only tech support is William, who was not at the function because he thought it was lame, but was able to get to the bunker unharmed when people suddenly started turning into paperweights. This can result in hijinks, because William doesn’t really know how to be tech support (being a teenager). Everyone else is a paperweight. (They can be personalized: Felicity is a yellow smiley face, Dig is an arm, Lance is whatever shape best represents exasperation. Oliver will, of course, keep paperweightFelicity in his pocket.) A phone call to Barry (who can’t come help cause he’s got some stuff going on) tells Oliver and William the meta’s most likely hideout and that there’s a time limit before the paperweight people are stuck that way (giving Oliver no time to get the baby somewhere safe unless he wants to spend the rest of his life married to a paperweight (he does not)). So Oliver has to take the baby with him to confront the meta, and that’s where my imagination fails me. 

• Love 11

@Hiveminder OMG I think I've got it thanks to you!!!!! I was so stuck on the fact that it had to be a mission, hence voluntary and then the whole "Hmm I don't think Oliver would take the kid ever" plagued me!

But this works!!!!! And it will work with what I wanted to write! Do you mind if I steal bits of your plot and credit you when I post it?

ETA: You are a genius!!!! *huggles*

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@Hiveminder OMG I think I've got it thanks to you!!!!! I was so stuck on the fact that it had to be a mission, hence voluntary and then the whole "Hmm I don't think Oliver would take the kid ever" plagued me!

But this works!!!!! And it will work with what I wanted to write! Do you mind if I steal bits of your plot and credit you when I post it?

ETA: You are a genius!!!! *huggles*

Lol. Have at it. Glad I could help!

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this one.  Under 3000 words.   It's more mellow than the description implies.    

Of Cinnamon, Coffee, & Cohabitation

SmoakScreen (midwestwind)

Summary:

A well-oiled machine doesn’t just spring into existence. It’s built - one painstaking piece at a time - until each piece comes together to function in harmony. So, when it comes to building her family, Felicity is willing to put in the work.

(An interlude between 6.09 and 6.11)   http://archiveofourown.org/works/13499744#main

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6