Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I often plot fanfic while I fall asleep.  Right now it is one of my few times to myself.

Does anyone have any spec fic recommendations for Olicity weddings post S5?  I'd particularly love to read one with them getting married by a ship's captain while on a slow rescue boat to China post island, one that frames that boat trip as a bookend to the start of all the drama for Oliver ten years earlier.

I wish that I had time to write it, but dream writing is the best I can manage right now (I'm supposed to be asleep right now for that matter.)

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I often plot fanfic while I fall asleep.  Right now it is one of my few times to myself.

Does anyone have any spec fic recommendations for Olicity weddings post S5?  I'd particularly love to read one with them getting married by a ship's captain while on a slow rescue boat to China post island, one that frames that boat trip as a bookend to the start of all the drama for Oliver ten years earlier.

I wish that I had time to write it, but dream writing is the best I can manage right now (I'm supposed to be asleep right now for that matter.)

haha are you one of those mums that stay awake so you can have me time?

@statsgirl posted a link for a REALLY cute n fluffy one but I cannot find it! I tried to dig in the thread I really did!

I plot fanfics during dog walks. No idea why but all these plot bunnies crop up during dog walks. Every time I finish one and think I have no more ideas a new one will land on a dog walk. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kymmi said:

Does anyone dream up fanfic as they fall asleep?  I had this great story sketched out with Felicity vs Cayden James, Oliver vs Vigilante, Diggle vs Lyla (!) - and I CAN'T REMEMBER IT.

Yup and it's one of the most dangerous times to plot only topped by any inspiration that comes to you if you wake up in the middle of the night.  Count on not remembering the specifics to what you've plotted.  I've learned the hard way to jot it down right away.   Pondering and plotting can still can be a great way to plant the ideas for your subconscious to work out but if you hit on something brilliant and do nothing, just assume it's going to be lost.  :(

What's everyone reading these days? It's so quiet in here!

I'm still chugging away reading A Soul Lost at Sea but one shots are more my thing these days. They get resolved quickly and are usually good fun without all the sad dramatic stuff.

I had the goofiest smile after the Chet story. It's the exact feel good thing I love. 

Edited by Mellowyellow

I once read an Olicity fic where Felicity gets a golden retriever, meets Oliver, gets married, has kids and then goldie grows old and passes away. Omg I bawled buckets and buckets. 

My nerves couldn't handle reading that again but it struck such a nerve. 

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I once read an Olicity fic where Felicity gets a golden retriever, meets Oliver, gets married, has kids and then goldie grows old and passes away. Omg I bawled buckets and buckets. 

My nerves couldn't handle reading that again but it struck such a nerve. 

I read that fic loved and hater it

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

What's everyone reading these days? It's so quiet in here!

The suggestions from Morrigan2575, along with catching up on Don't Let Me Go, a post-s5 fic I remember liking but haven't caught up with https://archiveofourown.org/works/11591223/chapters/26051715

and then I was rereading a semi-old fic that hasn't been updated in a little while but wasn't on a cliffhanger or anything, so runs the world away

https://archiveofourown.org/works/9660479/chapters/21823829

I’m really liking CharlotteCordelier’s Scrupulous Honor series.  It’s a series rewrite with an AU twist, but I like her Felicity with a mission.  The author is super skilled at handling the form, in that she doesn’t bother writing what stayed the same on screen.  Since she’s only at the beginning of Season 2 it hasn’t turned Oliver/Felicity yet, but she does such a wonderful job with the supporting characters like Digg, Roy, Sin, and Honi (an original character) that I don’t mind the lack of romance, and I say this as a person who never reads gen.  Her Felicity is quick witted and funny and the story has very believable medical details.  Sara is about to show up so I’m super excited.  

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11809803/chapters/26642385

edit:  she just posted a new chapter, and Felicity uses the fake name of Veronica Echolls.  That alone makes it an A+ fic.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Just started MachaSWickets Blindspot AU. Have seen maybe one episode of the original series, but as an AU it's holding up well to start.

I read the first chapter, but didn't know she posted the second one in the meantime. It's an intruguing story, and one I imagine won't be that long given 

Spoiler

how early Macha let the reader onto the fact that Oliver and Felicity knew each other as kids.

The charater voices are good, and I enjoyed Lyla's short appearance in chapter 2.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I love that fic, but I'm afraid to read a new chapter because the last one wrecked me (in a good way)

Was it this bit?

For Felicity, a light in the darkness 
From Oliver, who followed her home.

I think I actually sobbed a little when I read it. Such good angst. 

• Love 2

Yes! That part, and then:

Here was the Oliver she had always hoped to see one day-- a man who could harness a deep loss, a deep pain, and instead of using it to fuel the darkness that lived in his soul, had used it instead to make something light and beautiful.

I was alternating between crying and yelling "OMG, kiss and get together already, I want you two to be happy now that you found each other!!"

I need to vent! Because it's so unfair *wails*

So I'm writing this fic and in it I decided not to stick Ray in a tormented love triangle where he always loses. I decided to give him plenty of options and a lovely life of his own.

One on my mini B plots was "Who did Ray marry?" Obviously no one cares but it made ME happy!

So now in lieu of recent spoilers regarding LoT, Ray's marriage in my fic is completely ffed up and I need to find him a new wife!!!! WHY Ray!!!! Why are you romantically cursed even in fanfic!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I need to vent! Because it's so unfair *wails*

So I'm writing this fic and in it I decided not to stick Ray in a tormented love triangle where he always loses. I decided to give him plenty of options and a lovely life of his own.

One on my mini B plots was "Who did Ray marry?" Obviously no one cares but it made ME happy!

So now in lieu of recent spoilers regarding LoT, Ray's marriage in my fic is completely ffed up and I need to find him a new wife!!!! WHY Ray!!!! Why are you romantically cursed even in fanfic!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is there a reason you need to follow canon for Ray? Just ignore inconvenient canon (like Myson...) 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
Just now, leopardprint said:

Is there a reason you need to follow canon for Ray? Just ignore inconvenient canon (like Myson...) 

I know I know and it's an AU too so he can marry anyone I want him to. But I'm just bitter about it! I had it all set up and then the damn spoilers ruined it for me. 

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I haven't watched it yet but isn't she having a baby with the boyfriend?

*wails*

I shall be cursed with writer's block until I find him a wife that I think he'll be happy with! 

Dinah? She can be the Oliver to Ray's Felicity? 

Alena? Caitlin Snow? That one CSI lady Barry dated? (I'm running out of sciencey female characters here) His fiancé from another dimension? 

Susan Williams? ?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Susan Williams? ?

You're so mean!!!! What did poor Ray ever do to you! That's who I'd lump him with if I had an axe to grind with him and he wasn't one of my favourites!

Alas I already told the readers that he had a failed engagement to Anna. Hmm Dinah could work but I'd have to go back and make a slight edit.

So could Caitlin Snow........

Need to think on this wife stuff! Dammit Ray who would have thought marrying you off was one of my biggest writing problems! 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Maybe you can kill him off. 

Spoiler

Then it will be just like Felicity with William for Ray and Lily's baby.

Edited by statsgirl
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe you can kill him off. 

Reveal hidden contents

Then it will be just like Felicity with William for Ray and Lily's baby.

Lol I wasn't expecting that from you! I'm normally the more vicious one as demonstrated by the incident in my latest fic ?

I'll watch LoT first. See my boy again and try to channel what he'd want. Haha all this work for a minor B plot! He was supposed to have the fun easy life with Felicity as his bestie!!!!!!

Edited by Mellowyellow
On 10/11/2017 at 10:50 PM, Mellowyellow said:

*wails*

I shall be cursed with writer's block until I find him a wife that I think he'll be happy with! 

They never named the boyfriend and Ray's a time traveler.  I figure he could have both been working in Silicon Valley for 6 months and also been in Italy (I think it was) and got Lilly pregnant  So basically sometime in the future he'd just end up in the past and in Italy and bump into Lilly, fall in love and they only come home right before the other Ray leaves again.  And it's a secret right now and no one can reveal it's Ray because that would give his other 2017 self future-knowledge that could mess up his HEA.  (You can't take this away from me show!!!) 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

OK, guys, you've made curious about Ray and Lily, are there any YouTube clips I can check out? Have they actually interacted? 

I tried to get you a clip but unfortunately it's not like Olicity where you can find ANYTHING!

It's 2x10 The Legion of Doom

They work together on the Spear of Destiny. Nothing was hinted at but they had good chemistry and are very suites imo.

Lily is super smart but I think a bit calmer than Ray. Very intelligent and suited to him but not too similar to him like Felicity is. (Note I totally ship Raylicity in some other space/time and still think they are adorbs and only rank second to Olicity! That's my disclaimer!)

• Love 1

I complained a lot about the writing for Fallout but I will be forever grateful to the writer that clearly intimated that each night, Oliver and Felicity called just to talk to one another at the end of their day.

• Love 12

Our Version of Events has been updated. Oliver is almost ridiculously cute in this chapter.

ETA: Oh, and Macha added another chapter to that post-island fic I linked to over the weekend. I wonder what period the remaining four chapters will cover. Going by the first two (first day, and first week), I imagine chapter three will be first month.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/12375105/chapters/28150794

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1