Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Bookgate was unflattering to everyone involved from Aviva's straining to Carole essentially assaulting Aviva in her own home to Heather howling like Teresa Giudice at LuAnn's beach property and attempting to eject someone from a house that she didn't even own . . . Editors and gw are nominally not the same things, but the certainly can functionally be identical even if the person stewarding the manuscript wears the title of "editor." Raymond Carver would not be Raymond Carver in any meaningful sense of what people associate with him without Gordon Lisch; Carver's publishing house recently ran an edition of some of his stories in which both the original and the post-Lisch versions appeared and the difference is great enough that it makes for discrete compositions . . . Aviva's point, poorly articulated, was perhaps Carole received more help than customary in writing WG. This is not uncredible. It was Carole's first try at fiction, which is an entirely distinct form from memoir (ergo why some authors stick to autobiography alone, why some playwrights never venture beyond theatrical scripts, etc) . . . The entire argument between Carole and Aviva and Heather was really knotted and full of faultily constructed and narratively inconsistent contentions from both sides. No, it's not "insulting" for someone to describe their own experience in terms of "writing a long e-mail." Yes, a literature degree from Vassar is probably as relevant to a longform novel as a career in news production. If Aviva did approach Carole about gw, then she might have been pissed that Carole revisited the subject on-camera. This is nonsensical, of course, as she had to credit anyone who contributed to her book, but whatever; if it's Heather's job to instigate - which she does relatively stealthily - then it's possible production put Aviva up to her campaign against Carole, which, in any case, worked.

A point of correction: Aviva's ghostwriting accusation wasn't about A Widow's Guide. She was asking about Carole's memoir, What Remains.

• Love 4

I saw her on WWHL and it almost seemed like she was downplaying her relationship with Adam.  A caller asked her if they were living together and I can't remember her exact response but it was a pretty firm, "no way."  She later said that she and Adam "have [our] own thing," and that she doesn't care what others think.  I don't think she has traditional relationships.  I think she tries to be easy breezy, no strings girl.  I'd be surprised if we had any kind of proof that she and Adam were exclusive and very serious.

• Love 1

I saw her on WWHL and it almost seemed like she was downplaying her relationship with Adam. A caller asked her if they were living together and I can't remember her exact response but it was a pretty firm, "no way." She later said that she and Adam "have [our] own thing," and that she doesn't care what others think. I don't think she has traditional relationships. I think she tries to be easy breezy, no strings girl. I'd be surprised if we had any kind of proof that she and Adam were exclusive and very serious.

Getting a puppy together sure makes it seem like a serious relationship to me.

• Love 2

About the puppy, I know Carole got the little dog.  She had her on WWH Live with her.  She's adorable (the dog, not Carole).  But where is the info that Carole got her "with" Adam?  I can't find it.  Did she tweet it or mention it or something?  

At any rate, I agree with you, howivesforever ... if she got a dog with the guy, that's like a bigger commitment than a ring.  I mean you can always return a ring.  No big deal.   But a dog ... ? 

Why would it not surprise me if Carole was just playing house and the poor dog ends up on the street if it doesn't work out?  Maybe at least Adam would keep the pup and give her a good home.  I don't think Carole is mature or responsible enough to provide consistent care for an animal.  

Maybe she can send Baby to live with her other dog out west.  Because New York City is no place for a dog after all.  Carole said so herself.  Which kind of makes me wonder, though.  Why did she get another one if she feels like that? 

• Love 4

About the puppy, I know Carole got the little dog. She had her on WWH Live with her. She's adorable (the dog, not Carole). But where is the info that Carole got her "with" Adam? I can't find it. Did she tweet it or mention it or something?

At any rate, I agree with you, howivesforever ... if she got a dog with the guy, that's like a bigger commitment than a ring. I mean you can always return a ring. No big deal. But a dog ... ?

Why would it not surprise me if Carole was just playing house and the poor dog ends up on the street if it doesn't work out? Maybe at least Adam would keep the pup and give her a good home. I don't think Carole is mature or responsible enough to provide consistent care for an animal.

Maybe she can send Baby to live with her other dog out west. Because New York City is no place for a dog after all. Carole said so herself. Which kind of makes me wonder, though. Why did she get another one if she feels like that?

I read that some where here about them getting a dog together. I think it may have been a tweet. I don't have twitter so maybe someone here can confirm.

(edited)

I saw her on WWHL and it almost seemed like she was downplaying her relationship with Adam.  A caller asked her if they were living together and I can't remember her exact response but it was a pretty firm, "no way."  She later said that she and Adam "have [our] own thing," and that she doesn't care what others think.  I don't think she has traditional relationships.  I think she tries to be easy breezy, no strings girl.  I'd be surprised if we had any kind of proof that she and Adam were exclusive and very serious.

I think she was pissy on this show. She was super defensive, IMO, and kind of a bitch. I think she knows she's not going over well this season with her bubbleheaded persona as of late and Luann's anger seems to have startled her. 

I foresee her not wanting to continue in the next season. 

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 2

I read that some where here about them getting a dog together. I think it may have been a tweet. I don't have twitter so maybe someone here can confirm.

In wacky Carole fashion (yes, I'm being sarcastic), from the looks of it, the dog is co-owned by a couple of different people. Including, incidentally, the brother of new OC housewife Meghan Edmonds!

Here's the IG that Baby's owners have set up for him/her: https://instagram.com/therealbabydog/

• Love 1

We're supposed to believe that Carole is this cosmopolitan, worldly, hopelessly hip downtown New York gal, but she has not the faintest clue of the meaning of the word 'bashert' on WWHL?

To mix Shakespeare metaphors, methinks there's something rotten in SoHo.

• Love 6

Carole could maybe use a ghost-writer.  After all those essays aren't gonna write themselves.  And Holt is going to want its signature money back if she doesn't deliver in a timely fashion.  That's what the poor editor was trying to say in a roundabout fashion when she was talking about 'legal issues'.  I have never had much time for Radzi but my opinion of her hit rock-bottom during that scene with the editor.  It's her job on the line if that supercilious twat doesn't deliver because she's too busy being fabulous and eating buttered cucumber and stuff.

• Love 6
(edited)

In wacky Carole fashion (yes, I'm being sarcastic), from the looks of it, the dog is co-owned by a couple of different people. Including, incidentally, the brother of new OC housewife Meghan Edmonds!

Here's the IG that Baby's owners have set up for him/her: https://instagram.com/therealbabydog/

She shares the dog? Where does it live? I'm not trying to hate on Carole but she bugs sometimes.

As someone else pointed out, last season was all about her indignation that anyone would question her profession. This season she doesn't know she has a time line to get her work done and just giggles.

I can say one positive thing, I'm happy she said records this season and not vinyls, that annoyed the hell out of me. I know, it's irrational to let that annoy me but it did.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just read some of Luann's tweets from Tuesday night and saw a snippet of Carole on WWHL discussing said tweets.  ME-OW!  Neither woman is coming off very well, IMO.  Luann needs to get over whatever her issue is with Carole dating her "help".  Seriously Luann???  Your "help"?  Are you still stuck in the 1950s? 

As for Carole's "slip" about Luann liking variety and what that includes...that seemed pretty petty to me.  And what in holy hell did she do to her face????  To this point in the season I have thought Carole looked very pretty and very natural.  But there was something so...off about her face on WWHL.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've thought since the beginning of the season that Carole had gone in for a lot of fillers 'n' stuff.  She had that look during last season's THs as well.  I thought her face looked fine in her first season and I'm not sure why she went that route which has made her look kind of pillowy and plastic.  I also wondered if she'd had cheekbone enhancement or something.  Or maybe just a little extra Restylane in that area.  Whatever.  Doesn't suit her in my opinion.

Edited by quaintirene

Thanks, Mozelle, for the clarification. I believe it's less likely that Carole employed a gw on What Remains. However, as the topic has cropped up in the commentary on the recent episodes, I will say that I don't remember, as some do, that Carole innocently asked Aviva about the gw for Leggy Blonde in some misguided attempt at support. If I recall, Aviva didn't lose her composure and become visibly angry until Carole had made several grimaces and disdainful faces throughout their discussion and issued a series of belittling remarks. Aviva dishonestly denied employing a gw for her autobiography; Carole pushed back saying that Aviva had never written any prior longform. Aviva reminded her about some piece she contributed to a Chicken Soup anthology, at which point Carole sneered, "that was a letter to your editor, not a book." Aviva then contended that Carole had only published one book herself; Carole countered with a reference to her lengthy career and Aviva reminded her that she had only authored essays prior to her memoir. *That* is the moment at which the hurricane of malice, pearl clutching, and posturing ensued. And I also seem to recall Sonja at some time saying she was confused because Carole had talked on multiple occasions about being "on the phone with her co-writer" and Heather quickly trying to shush her. But, whatever, I think Aviva was mostly operating at Bravo's behest.

Eta: "letter to your *mother*"

• Love 2

Thanks, Mozelle, for the clarification. I believe it's less likely that Carole employed a gw on What Remains. However, as the topic has cropped up in the commentary on the recent episodes, I will say that I don't remember, as some do, that Carole innocently asked Aviva about the gw for Leggy Blonde in some misguided attempt at support. If I recall, Aviva didn't lose her composure and become visibly angry until Carole had made several grimaces and disdainful faces throughout their discussion and issued a series of belittling remarks. Aviva dishonestly denied employing a gw for her autobiography; Carole pushed back saying that Aviva had never written any prior longform. Aviva reminded her about some piece she contributed to a Chicken Soup anthology, at which point Carole sneered, "that was a letter to your editor, not a book." Aviva then contended that Carole had only published one book herself; Carole countered with a reference to her lengthy career and Aviva reminded her that she had only authored essays prior to her memoir. *That* is the moment at which the hurricane of malice, pearl clutching, and posturing ensued. And I also seem to recall Sonja at some time saying she was confused because Carole had talked on multiple occasions about being "on the phone with her co-writer" and Heather quickly trying to shush her. But, whatever, I think Aviva was mostly operating at Bravo's behest.

Eta: "letter to your *mother*"

When Aviva asked Carole if she used a GW, Carole replied, No, and then Aviva said "That's not what I heard". Carole then asked who told her this and Aviva replied that she "heard it on the street". That is when Carole got all defensive and indignant with Aviva at that lunch. Then came Aviva's housewarming party and Carole was keeping herself in check until Ramona told her that Aviva was going around the party telling everyone that Carole used a GW as fact and the rest is ghostwriter-gate history.

Aviva and Sonja met at Sonja's after the Montana trip, Aviva told Sonja that there is no difference between a GW and an Editor, that is why Sonja thought that and no one could get her to understand the difference, hence the "hush" from Heather.

• Love 2

Thanks, Mozelle, for the clarification. I believe it's less likely that Carole employed a gw on What Remains. However, as the topic has cropped up in the commentary on the recent episodes, I will say that I don't remember, as some do, that Carole innocently asked Aviva about the gw for Leggy Blonde in some misguided attempt at support. If I recall, Aviva didn't lose her composure and become visibly angry until Carole had made several grimaces and disdainful faces throughout their discussion and issued a series of belittling remarks. Aviva dishonestly denied employing a gw for her autobiography; Carole pushed back saying that Aviva had never written any prior longform. Aviva reminded her about some piece she contributed to a Chicken Soup anthology, at which point Carole sneered, "that was a letter to your editor, not a book." Aviva then contended that Carole had only published one book herself; Carole countered with a reference to her lengthy career and Aviva reminded her that she had only authored essays prior to her memoir. *That* is the moment at which the hurricane of malice, pearl clutching, and posturing ensued. And I also seem to recall Sonja at some time saying she was confused because Carole had talked on multiple occasions about being "on the phone with her co-writer" and Heather quickly trying to shush her. But, whatever, I think Aviva was mostly operating at Bravo's behest. Eta: "letter to your *mother*"

I don't remember Carole asking about a GW in an attempt to look supportive. I believe she asked it as a follow-up to the conversation they both admit to having off camera where Aviva asked Carole for suggestions on who to call to act as a GW. She seemed to indicate to Carole that she would need one, so Carole was surprised to hear that she hadn't in the end. It was Aviva who was so surprised to hear that Carole hadn't, even though she said that she herself certainly didn't require one. She then insulted Carole's entire career by saying that she had heard she used a GW. I honestly believe that Carole would have just blown it all off as Aviva being crazy until she heard from Heather and later Ramona that Aviva was going around telling this story to everyone. This wasn't just a hobby to Carole. Not just a cute little book she was putting out for fun. This was her career, the manner in which she defined herself, and for whatever reason Aviva seemed to need to minimize it in order to make herself look better. Me, I woudn't have just attempted to put my hands on her. I would have slapped her face.

• Love 3

We're supposed to believe that Carole is this cosmopolitan, worldly, hopelessly hip downtown New York gal, but she has not the faintest clue of the meaning of the word 'bashert' on WWHL?

To mix Shakespeare metaphors, methinks there's something rotten in SoHo.

OK, I studied Shakespeare and Chaucer as part of my English Lit degree. I have never considered myself to be "hip" or in any way cool enough to be a Downtown New York Gal. So, with all of that in mind, can someone please tell me what the word "bashert" means?

• Love 2

OK, I studied Shakespeare and Chaucer as part of my English Lit degree. I have never considered myself to be "hip" or in any way cool enough to be a Downtown New York Gal. So, with all of that in mind, can someone please tell me what the word "bashert" means?

Whew, I thought it was just me. I had to look it up. These forums are so educational.

"Bashert is a Yiddish word that means "destiny". It is often used in the context of one's divinely predestined spouse or soulmate. It can also be used to express the seeming destiny of an auspicious or important event, friendship, or happening."

• Love 3

Whew, I thought it was just me. I had to look it up. These forums are so educational.

"Bashert is a Yiddish word that means "destiny". It is often used in the context of one's divinely predestined spouse or soulmate. It can also be used to express the seeming destiny of an auspicious or important event, friendship, or happening."

Thanks for that. I had never heard the word either. Of course like Matilda I am not hip, so maybe that is the problem? I do tend to like words, however; all kinds. I love it when I can learn something from this show/forums. Makes me feel like it is educational and not just snarky silliness, which makes me feel better about myself.

• Love 3

To me, bashert is one of those Yiddish words like kvetch, smutz, buptkes, schtupp - that I probably know only because I lived in NYC for 8 years.  Sure I've come across them while reading, but I was surprised that Carole didn't know it, being a native New Yorker.

However, not more surprised that Yolanda didn't know 'cunnilingus'....

• Love 7

Everything that I noted in my previous post - the exaggerated facial expressions; the condescension and disrespectfulness toward Aviva's Chicken Soup contribution; the back and forth about the length of forms that each woman had produced before their first books - occurred *before* Aviva aggressively starting broaching the subject of gw to Carole and pushing back about what she, Aviva, had heard through the proverbial rumor mill. Carole asked Aviva twice about whether or not Aviva had used a gw for Leggy Blonde earlier during the luncheon and Aviva remained composed and offered to visible defensiveness until the Chicken Soup exchange. What I mean by "supportiveness" is that Carole did not conduct herself in way during the conversation that precipitated Bookgate that suggests she was just innocently picking up a thread of earlier dialogue. She may have been revisiting the topic because Aviva had solicited her help but she was also, imo, deliberately rude, belittling, and combative prior to Aviva going DEFCON on her. It's possible that Aviva may have been primed to launch an offensive on Carole from jump but I don't know because Carole sure seemed to go out of her way to be as demeaning as possible to Aviva. Additionally, during the blowup in which Carole grabbed Aviva's face, Aviva explained that she felt Carole had done just that. I recall Carole offering no nominal defense of herself or rebuttal - I wouldn't have expected an apology from Carole or anything, but I remember specifically that she did not say, "no, I wasn't trying to belittle you"; she said, I acted like I did "because you were lying" about using a gw. The moment with Sonja to which I'm referring did not transpire after Montana but at the housewarming as well. Heather was trying to gin up sympathy for Carole and against Aviva in the living room while the face-grabbing was going on upstairs and Sonja specifically said that Carole is "always talking about being on the phone with her co-writer," at which point Heather ceases her exposition on the ridiculousness of Aviva's claims and declares, "well, bottom line is that none of us has written a book, so none of us know."

• Love 6

They really missed a bet by not having Aviva back this season. She would certainly be more entertaining than Kristen for crying out loud.

Carole was nothing but condescending toward Aviva writing a biography. When Aviva mentioned a ghostwriter it touched a nerve. to the point that Carole wanted to throw her down the stairs. Because as we can see this season that Carole is such a focused and organized writer at the top of her game.

• Love 6
(edited)

It's so much misdirection since according to findagrave Anthony is buried in Oxfordshire England with his father Stanislaus.

Maybe the ashes are from her part time dog she had in L.A.

LOL her rent-a-pup? Or is it really her dog like she says and she only spends a few days a year with it since "dogs hate city living" because of course no one in NYC or London or Chicago own dogs and if they do they are all miserable and all dogs are perfectly happy having an owner who is never there and has no bond with it. Dogs hate love and attention and prefer transient relationships vs alpha style bonding.

/sarcasm

And she's using an animal as a prop yet again? When she can't even take care of and pay attention to the one she owns?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6

Based on the IG account, I don't think Adam owns the puppy. It looks more like Carole co-owns it with her neighbor Tripp (that guy who appeared on an episode of RHONY where Carole asked if they were part of the 1%) and also a male model named RJ King.

Odd arrangement, to say the least.

• Love 2

Has anyone checkout out Carole's twitter in the last couple of days?  She has taken to re-tweeting Adam's twitter & instagram where he posts pictures of exciting dishes he is cooking up.  Like salad. And bagels. 

https://twitter.com/caroleradziwill

He is wearing one of those hipster knit caps.  I want to pull it down to his shoulders.  God I hate those things.  Little boys wore those all the time when I was a kid, but for some reason seeing these guys skulking around in them now just pisses me off.  

• Love 2

I can say one positive thing, I'm happy she said records this season and not vinyls, that annoyed the hell out of me. I know, it's irrational to let that annoy me but it did.

Whaaa? Carole was using the word "vinyls", as in plural, when talking about albums? (I have never heard anyone use the plural. It's either "my records" or "my vinyl".) Oh how hipster gone wrong! Makes her sound like a trying-too-hard idiot when she's old enough that she was buying "records" when she was in her teens and early 20s. 

• Love 2

Has anyone checkout out Carole's twitter in the last couple of days?  She has taken to re-tweeting Adam's twitter & instagram where he posts pictures of exciting dishes he is cooking up.  Like salad. And bagels. 

https://twitter.com/caroleradziwill

He is wearing one of those hipster knit caps.  I want to pull it down to his shoulders.  God I hate those things.  Little boys wore those all the time when I was a kid, but for some reason seeing these guys skulking around in them now just pisses me off.  

Oh, brother!  Why am I not surprised that the woman who self-describes as:   Emmy award winning journalist and producer, choses to go braless with her blouse unbuttoned to her naval in her profile picture?  She's extremely proud of her body, and good for her.  I wish I had as healthy a body image.  She just needs to stop pushing the professional career woman past, and focus on the ho'wife ditzy cougar present.

And I am so over the Luanne and Carole back and forth.  Whatever.  Who cares?  It only interests me because, IMO, Carole BEELINED to Adam in pure predator mood.  To such an extent, that Heather laughed and commented, he's cute isn't he.  Not so strange when I thought this was a guy Carole knew nothing about.  Now I'm wondering if Nicole bragged about how good Adam was in bed.  Then I think, what would I think if we had two middle-aged men, leering at the twenty-something female chef, giggling and commenting on how cute she was.  I think that situation would clearly look a little more predatory.  Just a touch of a double standard.

• Love 2

And I am so over the Luanne and Carole back and forth.  Whatever.  Who cares?  It only interests me because, IMO, Carole BEELINED to Adam in pure predator mood.  To such an extent, that Heather laughed and commented, he's cute isn't he.  Not so strange when I thought this was a guy Carole knew nothing about.  Now I'm wondering if Nicole bragged about how good Adam was in bed.

I would hope not. If she had, that would make Nicole weirder than Carole. I cannot imagine bragging about sex with my boyfriend to my aunt and aunt's friend.

I don't love Lu and Carole's dumb sniping. I find Lu's poorly articulated outrage even dumber. I find it disheartening to see that an accomplished woman like Carole feels like she has to play the silly coquette in her personal and professional lives. I get that Carole may have a silly fun side, but she seems to come across more like a giggling idiot this season. I don't know why she's made this choice because believe me it is a choice to present yourself this way on camera. She seems to have decided to ramp up the Holly Golightly Carrie Bradshaw schtick.

• Love 1

I agree with the Carrie Bradshaw act.  I also think she looks quite a bit like Sarah Jessica Parker.  They both have close-set eyes, long faces, long hair with middle part, and very thin bodies.  They also both have healthy self-images even though many call them ugly.

• Love 4
(edited)

And I am so over the Luanne and Carole back and forth. Whatever. Who cares? It only interests me because, IMO, Carole BEELINED to Adam in pure predator mood. To such an extent, that Heather laughed and commented, he's cute isn't he. Not so strange when I thought this was a guy Carole knew nothing about. Now I'm wondering if Nicole bragged about how good Adam was in bed. Then I think, what would I think if we had two middle-aged men, leering at the twenty-something female chef, giggling and commenting on how cute she was. I think that situation would clearly look a little more predatory. Just a touch of a double standard.

Gender is not the issue here, for me, it's age. I would feel differently if we were discussing a 20 year old guy or girl, or someone in their very early twenties (as LuAnn keeps trying to conflate by comparing Adam to her kids). However, I don't see a 29 year old as a vulnerable little thing in need of protection from predatory middle aged paramours, male or female. If we were discussing a 29 year old woman, I would feel the same. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

I couldn't sleep last night and I drifted over to Carole's twitter.  

I would say out of the last seven posts she has made since the two she put up over the weekend (about being in the Berkshires and Diddy praising Heather), six of them were about Adam and his food.  The other one was a string of insults to someone who had said it was wrong of her to do something to hurt the countess (Carole ripped into her with a string of hashtags about age shaming, woman hating, etc none of which seem to have been warranted by the woman's original tweet to Carole. It was kind of nuts and it's all gone now from what I can tell).

There were no more direct references to Luann that I could discern.

What made me cringe was the promotion of Adam and his incredibly amateurish food.  It looks like the stuff my nineteen year old vegan daughter makes: messy conglomerations of badly cut vegetables slathered in unappealing dressing to make it palatable, displayed in contrived little swirls and piles to try and make it look "professional.".  It does not look (or sound) like the work of a professional chef to me.  I wonder what his training is.  

The Adam mentions were made during a really gushy, fake conversation Carole was having with a ... tweeter? ... who it turns out just happens to be a publicist, lol.  It was a back and forth about how awesome Adam's food was! how good it looked! how he simply *must* write a cookbook! everyone should follow him on instagram! and they should use his food for this "GAP" diet thing!

It was really hokey and obviously just a ploy to get Adam attention.  Most of it is gone now.  

I am starting to wonder if this is whole thing is some sort of business arrangement between Adam and Carole (and maybe Luann?).  With Aviva gone, Carole's only storyline is the one about her being a completely unprofessional "writer." What a snooze.  And with Jacques gone, what storyline does Luann really have any more?  Enter Adam, enter drama. And Adam gets his face on the TV and his name plastered all over Carole's social media.  That would explain why Luann has said nothing about his behavior in this little drama.  Maybe she agreed to leave him out of it? 

Perhaps I am being too suspicious.  Maybe. But after Kenya and Walter and now the Kenya/Millionaire Matchmaker guy debacle, I put no amount of fakery past any of these people. They all want to be on these shows so badly, they are willing to fabricate all kinds of things and embarrass themselves to no end with fake relationships.  I know some people think Luann's reaction is a big old act, but I am wondering if now the entire thing is not a put-on.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder what his training is.  

Nothing professional (CIA, for example, or apprenticing to a master chef) if his Linked In profile is any indication:

Current: Chef Adam Kenworthy, Beatrice Models, Finca Santa Marta

Previous: Fusion Academy, Burton Snowboards

Education: Colorado State University

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/adam-kenworthy/7/81a/225

He did get experience growing fruit and veg at Finca Santa Marta, so he likely knows his produce (and thus all the salads, I'm guessing).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Wow, he has literally no culinary training?  So how does he go around calling himself a chef?

Ugh, I don't want to dredge up the whole argument about Bethenny being a chef or a cook and what is the difference between the two.  But at least she graduated from the Natural Gourmet Institute. She ran a food business.  Catered events in NYC.  

But Adam has no training, no apprenticeship.  Has he ever even worked in a restaurant?  I am thinking the answer to that is "no" based on the crap he posts pictures of.  The guy appears to just go around cooking.  Or making salads, anyway.  I don't think that qualifies him as a chef. 

I pulled a thorn out of my dog's snout yesterday.  Does that make me a veterinarian? 

• Love 13

I miss the days when we just watched the HW go about their lives. Sure it was puffed up with beauty treatments, charity functions and the like but it felt a helluva more interesting than this bullshit wondering why Luann has a bug up her ass or is it a con? I see postings questioning the HW having a weak storyline and so therefore they need to make up shit. I personally want to go back to seeing how they really spend their days. Sigh.......

• Love 5

Wow, he has literally no culinary training?  So how does he go around calling himself a chef?

How is it known he didn't take culinary classes at CSU? Anyway, no matter his schooling, if he's getting paid to create dishes, then he can be considered a chef.

• Love 4

I pulled a thorn out of my dog's snout yesterday.  Does that make me a veterinarian? 

Perfect timing. I got a tiny sliver in my finger today that I can't get out.  Husband's out of town and I wouldn't trust my 16 y.o. to dig it out because it's so tiny I can't even see it unless I look at it with a 10X jeweler's loupe.  Hurts so much right now I'm ready to take a hacksaw to my finger.  Can you come take care of that for me Dr. Rubenstein?  And can you get here before 9 because I've got some must see TV to watch.

• Love 5

Wow, he has literally no culinary training?  So how does he go around calling himself a chef?

Ugh, I don't want to dredge up the whole argument about Bethenny being a chef or a cook and what is the difference between the two.  But at least she graduated from the Natural Gourmet Institute. She ran a food business.  Catered events in NYC.  

But Adam has no training, no apprenticeship.  Has he ever even worked in a restaurant?  I am thinking the answer to that is "no" based on the crap he posts pictures of.  The guy appears to just go around cooking.  Or making salads, anyway.  I don't think that qualifies him as a chef. 

He'd a cook! For real tho it looks like his main skills are chopping vegetables and not washing his hair.

• Love 5

Perfect timing. I got a tiny sliver in my finger today that I can't get out.  Husband's out of town and I wouldn't trust my 16 y.o. to dig it out because it's so tiny I can't even see it unless I look at it with a 10X jeweler's loupe.  Hurts so much right now I'm ready to take a hacksaw to my finger.  Can you come take care of that for me Dr. Rubenstein?  And can you get here before 9 because I've got some must see TV to watch.

Have you tried using tape to remove the sliver?

• Love 4

Aw.  You guys are hard on Chef Baby Greens.  I think his salads look good!  I love me a salad but I sure hate the prep.  And why'd ya have to go pointing out his dirty hair?  LOL.  I hadn't really noticed.  But yeah.  Almost every picture.

• Love 4

Have you tried using tape to remove the sliver?

I saw that method online but the sliver was really deep and wouldn't have worked.  I ended up using a sterilized needle and just started digging.  It was so small, I couldn't even see it come out. It's gone, though, because it doesn't hurt to press it anymore and the redness and swelling is going away.  I almost think it was a stinger or maybe even a teeny tiny burr because I was gardening when it happened.  So it's good that it doesn't hurt but the tip of my finger looks like I gnawed it raw. LOL.  Thanks, Grn.

• Love 2
(edited)

Anyway, no matter his schooling, if he's getting paid to create dishes, then he can be considered a chef.

Adam's food doesn't look that much more creative than the stuff they served in my college cafeteria.  90% of it looks like it came from the salad bar, assembled by students.  I realize he is likely a vegetarian and that limits what he makes, but to me that is all the more reasons why his dishes should be more creative.  Salad after salad after salad is the bane of my vegan daughter's life.  When we go out, we always try to pick a place that is vegan friendly and she gets really bummed out if it turns out all they have for her is some kind of salad.  There is a lot more to the world of vegan eating than salads, but you'd never know that from looking at Adam's instagram.

Here is the link to his instagram https://instagram.com/adamkenworthy/   His specialty appears to be assembling slices of cucumber around piles of ... stuff.  It looks like the work of a run of the mill cook to me, not a chef.

Here is a picture of one of his "catering jobs" lol  https://instagram.com/p/2OW5LkLHBG/?taken-by=adamkenworthy

That is a fruit platter. And it looks like yet another bowl of salad and a tray of some kind of bread meant to be dipped into those mason jars.  That actually really does look like what the cafeteria ladies would throw together for people to gnosh on during committee meetings, lol. 

He's a cook! For real tho it looks like his main skills are chopping vegetables and not washing his hair.

I think he is better at not washing his hair than he is at chopping vegetables.  Those avocado slices look like shit. 

How is it known he didn't take culinary classes at CSU?

Chefs usually wave their credentials and training in the air like a flag.  It is a point of pride. Adam's resume seems to lack any mention of training or restaurant affiliations.  Colorado State does appear to offer education in the fields of hospitality management or food and nutrition, and he may have studied in those areas. Maybe even worked in a campus restaurant.  But I am surprised he doesn't mention it somewhere.  Maybe he is afraid it would sound too insignificant.  Or maybe he didn't graduate.  That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a chef, but it doesn't bolster his case any.

Can you come take care of that for me Dr. Rubenstein?  And can you get here before 9 because I've got some must see TV to watch.

I shall fire up my broomstick and be there as soon as I can.  I will stock my saddlebags with lots of salad and SkinnyGirl margarita.  We'll make a night of it! 

ETA: Ryebread you better put some neosprorin on that - you might have forced some germs deep into your finger digging that thing out! 

Aw.  You guys are hard on Chef Baby Greens.

I can't stop laughing at this.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7