Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

She runs the risk of being another Kate Upton.  Who was everywhere she could without any discernible talent or charm beyond having two Bouncy Houses full of sugar-loaded kids having fun as she walked a runway.  And now?  Kate?  Anyone seen Kate?

So I think the idea is get out there as hugely as possible and hopefully she can transition to the next stage of whatever she thinks exists for her 'fame' run.   But again that more often than not has disastrous results.

And while the lip sync show attracts big names it is more in the favor kind of way or attached to the show's creation and therefore tied to its success.  It has already fallen rather hard in terms of talent when Tim Tebow is on and Channing Tatum goes up against his wife as opposed to a famous co-star. 

I think this misrepresents the show. This is Jimmy Fallon's baby. His Lip Sync Challenge was so popular on his late night show, that he created this show to allow celebrities to compete against whomever was willing. Having people like Terrance Howard, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Ann Hathaway, Justin Bieber, and Dwayne Johnson show up to have a fun fluffy battle that gets a million internet hits overnight is a good thing to have your name attached to.

I know no one wants to give Gigi any credit, but I don't see any reason to discredit the show as a means of discrediting her. Also, since when is Tim Tebow no longer considered a name? Wasn't he just recently voted a favorite NFL star or something?

The point is that the same "celebrities" that show up to do Jimmy Fallon's talk shows are the same ones you will see show up to do the Lip Sync Battle. This is a legit gig that can get you majorly noticed very quickly. The show itself is designed with Social Media in mind so you are put on the radar immediately when you battle. 

• Love 10

The bitch is bloviating about her new diet... as if she needs to add something else into the funky mix of treatments.

Thirty Five different vegetables, 26 more than a V-8, Beef broth, 30 pills a day, 2 minutes of cryotherapy, an injection of vitamin C, an intravenous drip and a partridge in a pear tree.

• Love 7

I think this misrepresents the show. This is Jimmy Fallon's baby. His Lip Sync Challenge was so popular on his late night show, that he created this show to allow celebrities to compete against whomever was willing. Having people like Terrance Howard, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Ann Hathaway, Justin Bieber, and Dwayne Johnson show up to have a fun fluffy battle that gets a million internet hits overnight is a good thing to have your name attached to.

I know no one wants to give Gigi any credit, but I don't see any reason to discredit the show as a means of discrediting her. Also, since when is Tim Tebow no longer considered a name? Wasn't he just recently voted a favorite NFL star or something?

The point is that the same "celebrities" that show up to do Jimmy Fallon's talk shows are the same ones you will see show up to do the Lip Sync Battle. This is a legit gig that can get you majorly noticed very quickly. The show itself is designed with Social Media in mind so you are put on the radar immediately when you battle. 

Other than the idea of Tim Tebow being a 'name' outside of derision among most fans of the NFL, much of what you say actually supports my take on the show.   Which being in part subjective is not a misrepresentation unless you are suggesting my opinion is wrong dimply because it is not yours and I know that is not something you would do.  But also supports the idea that I didn't qualify the show as good or bad but simply another element of a major talk show and a couple of already established big names in the business throwing out another venue to get attention. 

In context here, I simply do not see the past names on the show as defining Gigi's place in pop culture since along with some big names there are now this season plenty who are not.  I do not see something on Spike no matter how much fun or how many hits it gets on social media a career maker or even breaker.  Hits don't have the power yet to tell us who does how many and who has the money and buying power and long range interest to make a true impact. 

But I also stand by my subjective take that Tebow can be a widely known name and it does not mean squat in terms of his star power.  Of course they may well have cast him hoping to draw in the millions and millions of football fans who consider him a huge joke.  Well a joke until their favorite team hires him. 

• Love 2

You have people that are ill and then you have people who are ill....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-23-begs-to-die-after-insect-bite-leaves-155923801.html

When I see a story like this one, then compare it to the fucking horseshit antics of a stupid broad that has a broken hinge to her box?

It angers me even MORE.

Preach it.  Maybe during those three hours she's out of bed each day, Yolanda can volunteer some time at a soup kitchen or a pediatric cancer ward to see what REAL problems look like.

Look, everyone has something.  I don't know a single person who doesn't have an 'invisible' illness or medical condition, or who isn't worried about their finances, jobs, kids, marriages, aging parents or something.  It's ALL invisible and most people just get on with things as best they can, with all the grace and graciousness towards others that they can muster.  Yolanda can cram her '#invisibleillness hashtag up her self-centered ass.

This was from a few episodes ago but I have to comment (I was too angry at the time): Yo said that Erica was one of the few accomplished women she knew.  What??  Who among the current crop of BH HWs isn't 'accomplished' in some way or other?  So far I haven't seen Erica accomplish anything beyond nab a rich husband to support her slutty alter ego.

• Love 14

I think Yolanda is too dramatic and involved with herself. I have even tried to change some things about how I talk about my chronic illnesses based on her bad behavior. However I do understand on some level because I recently told a friend, I could be shot, dying from the shot, and my gravestone would say "She insisted it was her name of illness. Of course, since I plan on being cremated that is an exaggeration.

• Love 4

Completely agree. Gigi is on a show with a-list celebs, in her world that's huge! It's also setting her apart from other "models". I don't think Kendall Jenner or any other models have been on. I'm sure she hopes to move on to hosting kind of like Chrissy teigan. So, imo it's a good move for her...... Gigi's mom still sucks! Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

How in the world can this family be so successful financially and so mentally scattered personally?  I'm beginning to think that Yolanda had the nervous breakdown she claimed she would have if she couldn't get better very soon.

Look at Yolanda when she entered this show.  Calm, cool,, collected, very much (too much) in charge, a woman who knew how to comport herself and how everyone else should too.  Now, look at her at Kathryn's brunch. The cool and collected Yo was gone.  Her facial expressions were screwed up literally when she became sarcastic, and Yo is not a sarcastic person.  She played with her hair endlessly, and she clasped and unclasped her hands.  Her arguments weren't cogent, and none of what she said held water.  She was the polar opposite of everything she'd been before. 

In the space of a year (and my numbers may be off a bit), she has sold her house, filed for divorce, had surgery on her breasts, sworn off of everything artificial, moved into David's apartment, moved on to her own new apartment, discussed her will with her children and mother, made certain that all three of her children are safely and successfully ensconced in the modeling world, and the list of abnormalities goes on and on.

I'm beginning to think that Yo is in some very serious trouble mentally, meaning that we're all making wisecracks about a very sick woman.  That is, IF she's that sick, and she could be.  She's done so many odd things that it's no wonder people from here to Twitter and beyond are doubting her and criticizing her at every turn.  I don't feel sympathetic toward Yo, which may be terrible to say, but what if her brain is so muddled by now that she is no longer on an even keel?  And no wonder she was her old self, looking radiant, at the Lyme awards; she was getting an award for being sick!  At last, an audience that believed her!  I don't have the answers, but I do know that the Yolanda of past seasons is not the same woman as the Yolanda of late. 

You make some very good points here. Mental illness is nothing to fool around with, or be ashamed of. I hadn't considered the degree to which her behavior has changed, and that is alarming.

I very much believe that she is faking Lyme disease, whether that is Munchausen or deliberate manipulative behavior is the only unanswered question for me. I tend to defer to the latter because of the way she treats others. She wants understanding and sympathy for herself, but she has none to give others. I take RHBH editing with a grain of salt, but her Instagram screams self-centered to me.

I think it's definitely worth taking mental illness into consideration, though. If that's the case, it's a pity that the people closest to her won't address it. At the very least, they ought to get her off of TV.

Anyway, I appreciate your post. You offered a lot to think about, which feels a bit weird to say about RHBH. 

• Love 6

Divorce, empty nest syndrome, moving residences, aging model syndrome, and menopause are all big life stresses that can impact a person's well being, mental and emotional health.  Stress can also affect physical health, not to mention what depression can do.  Add leaky breast implants to that - no doubt Yo felt some pain or discomfort and who knows how that may have played into things.  Then add the lemon and almonds diet and you have poor nutrition on top of everything else.

Finally, pile on a whole bunch of "treatments" from quacks that do NOT promote better health and can, in fact, cause poor health, and Yo is fucked.  Just the weekly colonics alone are messing up her digestive system because she is killing all the bacteria in her digestive tract, including the good bacteria that is NECESSARY for proper digestive function.  Add all the "cleansing" supplements, and she probably has no good bacteria left in her system.  If she is taking supplements from China or Mexico, she could be ingesting significant amounts of lead.  Megadoses of vitamins and minerals can also damage her liver and kidneys that can't process so much of it; those minerals are those pesky heavy metals Yo is so worried about in her teeth.

If she really was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at one time, or Lyme or whatever, and went through an extensive antibiotics treatment, that will have side effects.  Our bodies NEED bacteria.  We are nothing without the bacteria, especially that gut bacteria.  Antibiotics are not targeted and don't just kill the bacteria you want to kill, so an extensive course is going to mess up your basic body functions.

Yo NEEDS someone in her life who will call her out on this and explain that she's been headed down the wrong path for a very long time now, but she will never listen because she thinks she knows better than everyone.   If she'd just stop taking all that shit in her drug closet, stops going in for colonics and bee venom treatments, and ate healthy foods for a few months, she would be amazed at how much better she would feel.  She's doing all this to herself because she can't face her real problems.

Holy crap! This times 1 billion.  She's supposed to be on Dr. Oz in the near future. Do you suppose he will mention any of this? I doubt it, but here's hoping.

• Love 4

Holy crap! This times 1 billion.  She's supposed to be on Dr. Oz in the near future. Do you suppose he will mention any of this? I doubt it, but here's hoping.

Dr. Oz was a doctor, but now he's turned into a quack for his tv show.  He's partially at fault for promoting these myriad supplements on his show - supplements that are unproven to do what they purport to do, untested so no one knows what is actually in the bottle, and have sent people to the hospital and some have died.  Dr. Oz was even questioned by Congress for promoting and endorsing some of these quack cures. 

He isn't the one who is going to tell her she's on the wrong path.

• Love 15

Yolanda failed to learn the one basic rule I (and others) was brought up with.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Do that... or Karma is a bitch who will bite you in the ass and kick you down the stairs without handrails. I've seen it happen too many times.

• Love 9

In context here, I simply do not see the past names on the show as defining Gigi's place in pop culture since along with some big names there are now this season plenty who are not.  I do not see something on Spike no matter how much fun or how many hits it gets on social media a career maker or even breaker.  Hits don't have the power yet to tell us who does how many and who has the money and buying power and long range interest to make a true impact. 

I have never asserted that this show defines Gigi's place in pop culture. My only point is that this is not some show for has beens. This is a legitimate gig to get a person's name out there and in the public arean quickly. It is a strategic step towards her stepping away from being known as just the face of the moment. Whether or not Gigi has the depth to back up anything other than a modelling career is on her. But, to discredit the show as a c-list crap is just plain incorrect in my opinion. The fact that the show does garner it's contestants millions of new followers overnight proves it's impact in creating recognition. 

I doesn't matter if you like the show or have never seen it. The show is another platform - and a really good one for getting name recognition along with "the Face" of Vogue or whatever magazine she is currently gracing. It also separates her that much more from the Housewives, which was her jumping off point in her bid for a career in fashion/entertainment.  

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

Can't Yolanda be mentally ill and an asshole all at the same time?  Does one condition preclude the other?

Being an asshole doesn't protect one from mental illness.  Just look at Kim....lol, j/k

a "superstition" many doctors jokingly "believe":  it's always the nice ones who get the worst illness. In that case, being an asshole is protective but this not an evidence based conclusion (no studies to back it up hence my reference to it as a "superstition')

IMO: Yo is a mentally ill asshole 

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6

Dr. Oz was a doctor, but now he's turned into a quack for his tv show.  He's partially at fault for promoting these myriad supplements on his show - supplements that are unproven to do what they purport to do, untested so no one knows what is actually in the bottle, and have sent people to the hospital and some have died.  Dr. Oz was even questioned by Congress for promoting and endorsing some of these quack cures. 

He isn't the one who is going to tell her she's on the wrong path.

That's what I expect, too. He's gross. 

• Love 2

Thirty Five different vegetables, 26 more than a V-8, Beef broth, 30 pills a day, 2 minutes of cryotherapy, an injection of vitamin C, an intravenous drip and a partridge in a pear tree.

Hey you forgot the most important part...the ol' "fire hose up the wazoo" to flush it all out! Maybe that should replace the Partridge part

• Love 9

Somebody should email all the crap on her to his fact checking staff...wait does he have one?

• Love 4

so who is going to "leak" a sex tape first? Gigi or Bella?

Uh oh~I can almost hear the wheels turning in Yolanda's fogged brain now. I wouldn't put it past her to put one out of herself and then be mad because the 'universe' found out about it.  

• Love 7

Uh oh~I can almost hear the wheels turning in Yolanda's fogged brain now. I wouldn't put it past her to put one out of herself and then be mad because the 'universe' found out about it.  

Great then she can become the face of gonorrhea.

• Love 8

face of SYPHILIS since it is the great mimicker of almost all other neurological (and some rheumatological) diseases (it could explain all of Yolanda's complaints but it is fairly routinely and easily tested for by most doctors and out of her 106+ doctors I bet she saw a neurologist who would have tested for it)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6

"I dan't even know vhat gonoGHEA, gonoJEA, is. If you vant to put out bad things about gonorrhea, then you're bringing down the wrath of the universe on yourself. I'm trying to raise awareness about my gonorrhea!!"

• Love 5

Can't Yolanda be mentally ill and an asshole all at the same time?  Does one condition preclude the other?

My brother was a fucking hothead who would, at the drop of a hat, start to yell at you and then ask, "Are you going to be an asshole all your life?"

Until that one day when I had had enough from him and said, "NO, I am going to be a part-time asshole......"

• Love 5

For you David foster fans. Haha

He played and SANG at Celine Dions husbands memorial service in Caesars Palace. If you go to celinedion.com you can see him at the memorial service at 1 hr 38 min. He's on for maybe 10 min.

Yo isn't there. Foster makes a crack about being married 4 times.

• Love 7

face of SYPHILIS since it is the great mimicker of almost all other neurological (and some rheumatological) diseases (it could explain all of Yolanda's complaints but it is fairly routinely and easily tested for by most doctors and out of her 106+ doctors I bet she saw a neurologist who would have tested for it)

In four years she saw 106 docs, that is roughly 2 a month for 48 months. So, IF they were 'real' docs they were doing their do diligence and asking for the basic tests for a first time patient, about the time the doc was getting all the paperwork in, she was on to another doctor. (This is just an average.....) Again, if the first 20-25 told her that there was either nothing wrong or she had something that was incurable, her quest to 'find a cure' is laughable. In the first place, she had the money to see the best docs on the planet, if they said NO and she turned to sheep stem cells, What makes you think that she wouldn't start with the shit like 'shark fin/bear gal bladder or powdered rhino horn' if she was even given in inkling that they would help her?

• Love 9

In four years she saw 106 docs, that is roughly 2 a month for 48 months. So, IF they were 'real' docs they were doing their do diligence and asking for the basic tests for a first time patient, about the time the doc was getting all the paperwork in, she was on to another doctor. (This is just an average.....) Again, if the first 20-25 told her that there was either nothing wrong or she had something that was incurable, her quest to 'find a cure' is laughable. In the first place, she had the money to see the best docs on the planet, if they said NO and she turned to sheep stem cells, What makes you think that she wouldn't start with the shit like 'shark fin/bear gal bladder or powdered rhino horn' if she was even given in inkling that they would help her?

I hope she doesn't start messing with albinos after the powdered rhino horn doesn't work

• Love 10

Passive aggressive or projection. Either way, it's not a pretty look.

This woman would no more be a friend of mine. After her hatchet job to Kyle, I would do all I could to avoid any interaction with her.

• Love 9

LOL, you read that too?

I freaked myself out awhile back reading about the horrifying plight (mutilations & murder) of some albinos in Africa....horrifying! More quackery stuff but totally disturbing. I won't put anything past Yolanda in her quest to treat her depressed/menopausal brain, I mean her lyme brain, zombie brain, zika brain, brain dead brain...

• Love 9

Yolanda got sick right after her wedding.  Don't think it is much of a stretch she may have had a little post wedding blues.  Within a year she was in Cedars for two weeks and had a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue.  She wasn't getting cured fast enough  so she looked up the number 1 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome doctor in the world. Is that done like tennis rankings?  Who told her she had Lyme Disease and sent her back to America for the port and three months of antibiotics.  Where she had time t see 100 plus doctors from early 2013 until mid 2015 is beyond my scope.  And they are all wrong.

• Love 9

Yolanda got sick right after her wedding.  Don't think it is much of a stretch she may have had a little post wedding blues.  Within a year she was in Cedars for two weeks and had a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue.  She wasn't getting cured fast enough  so she looked up the number 1 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome doctor in the world. Is that done like tennis rankings?  Who told her she had Lyme Disease and sent her back to America for the port and three months of antibiotics.  Where she had time t see 100 plus doctors from early 2013 until mid 2015 is beyond my scope.  And they are all wrong.

All I know is that it takes a whole lot of energy to see 100 doctors in about two years.  Not to mention, to search out 100 doctors.  And to do all this and be totally  bedridden a chunk of the time.    And....when not totally bedridden, spend 18 hours a day in bed.

• Love 13

Longtime lurker (used to be on the TWoP boards), and have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts about the Housewives. I know that I can count on the boards for new/more information and to pick up on details that I miss while watching the episodes. I love it.

Just read Yo's blog. wtf. That was written so incredibly poorly. It's as if someone else had composed a few of the more complex sentences for her (the ones with the bigger words that were used properly). Like a few of you have already mentioned, get a proofer or editor!! Pretending that she still has never heard of the word Munchausen by continuing to flub its pronunciation and spelling  just makes her look stupid. If she "looked it up," she could figure out how to say it, especially given that she can pronounce all the neuro-related damage she claims to have from the Lymes. 

Lyme is not a global epIdemic (again, check your spelling Yo). The ignorance of this statement astounds me. I agree it is an awful condition, but maybe instead of going to all these countries where she gets her fancy treatments, she can go live in a developing country for awhile and see what it's like for the majority of the people in this world. 

I have compassion for anyone with a chronic condition, but I'm in agreement with everyone who saying her behavior is confusing based on how ill she claims to be. 

I can't believe my first post on these forums is going to be about Yolanda! I'm so ashamed. lol.

• Love 19

From Yo-Yo's Blog:

In my culture whispering in the company of others is considered rude……

In my culture (and everyone else's) obviously singling out some guests in your house over other guests in your house and making sure that the Grade B guests know that the Grade A guests are more special than they are is considered rude...

• Love 20

I freaked myself out awhile back reading about the horrifying plight (mutilations & murder) of some albinos in Africa....horrifying! More quackery stuff but totally disturbing. I won't put anything past Yolanda in her quest to treat her depressed/menopausal brain, I mean her lyme brain, zombie brain, zika brain, brain dead brain...

Yolanda is the type of personality that if she murdered somebody she would absolve herself, have no remorse, rationalize what she did, and find some way to blame the victim.

The Dutch bitch is cold.

• Love 9

Miss Manners, Yolanda, might want to take a look back at some of her manners at the dinner table.  Oh and sitting on a couch and turning her back to someone.  Not that I expect high humor at every gathering but Erika, Eileen and Kathryn were boring.  Because Kathryn is deaf in one ear, I guess she thinks it appropriate to look down the table and demand to know the conversation.  Maybe she is use to having people repeat.  What was true is there was absolutely nothing interesting about the table conversation.  More importantly when asked to disclose-Kyle gave a full disclosure and Yolanda still disapproved.  So there is a difference between whispering and telling secrets and what Kyle and Lisa were doing.  What they weren't doing was having a "gun show" at the table.

• Love 6

I don't think Yolanda is the murdering type.

Ah but if looks could kill.

I don't think she would murder anyone either but I believe that from what we have seen she is the type who would absolve herself, have no remorse, rationalize what she did, and find some way to blame the victim if she had done them wrong in some fashion.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

Such a huge drain and a drag this Yolanda!  Not buying the 3 year death bed storyline AT ALL.

How much energy and bad karma does it take from a person to be this miserable and confrontational in public. SHUT UP already.

I am embarrassed for her, would hate to have all this on film for ever. Constant verbal street fighting over everyone's disrespect of me, me, me.

Goes for the others as well-Stop with the sickness crap. Who cares anymore. Circular conversations. Remind me of teenage girls. Yeah I had some shit for a while and the last thing I wanted to do when I was up and out of the house, was keep talking about "it" much less argue with people about how "sick" I've been and what crummy people everyone is cause they are not putting their lives on hold to feed my insatiable ego. Because I've been thru so much don't 'cha know. If you don't remember check my online presence

This storyline is beyond stupid. Yolanda is not a nice or gracious person.  Stay in bed Yolanda.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 7

I don't think Yolanda will be happy until they include her name in Lyme Disease.  Lou Gehrig had a disease named after him so why not Yolanda?  She needs to settle on a last name though before they name the strain. it would just look bad to have a strike through the official name.  I have Lyme Disease burnout.  I get the impression no RH dare have a charity event that has a disease attached to it.  So far this year we have had hero pets and sweat equity housing.

• Love 9