Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Tmz just picked up the story!

Does anyone know if her other case is still pending? Hopefully this will be her wake up call.

The latest I heard, the judge granted her yet another continuance to the end of August, and the two sides were hoping to work out a deal. But I'm guessing this will change things.

• Love 3

Dammit.  I'll bet this bitch was drunk and/or high when she pulled this stunt.

Wow - first thing in the morning and I see that Kimmie is trending on Facebook.   This is why.

So I thought, she stole some makeup, maybe a shirt - but $600 worth of items?  She had to have been high. 

Or maybe she thought because she's Kim Richards, she doesn't have to pay like the rest of us, you know, there's always those long lines, and she has books to write and TV shows to star in. 

Cant' wait to her her explanation for this. Is shoplifting "therapy" just like rehab is a "vacation"?

Wonder if she told the security guards to google her.

(Re the mug shot - according to one article I saw, LAPD is not providing a mug shot at this time).

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 5

The first article said she shoplifted toys and my first reaction is "Who are those toys for?"  It's gotten so nothing surprises me about Kim these days.

The TMZ article just said she had a cart full of $600 worth of Target stuff.  Now I'm picturing an entire cart full of aerosols.  $600 would net you a very full cart at Target.

It seems that Monty is the only one willing to speak up about Kim and it's a shame that she is filling his last months with crap.

• Love 7

Dr Phil is laughing his ass off somewhere.

And the HIlton's are saying Thank God she didn't make it to the wedding.  (I'm quite convinced that the reason she 'got out' of rehab at midnight the day of the wedding is because that's how long the Hilton's paid someone to keep her involuntarily in her voluntary rehab.)

Edited by rehoboth
  • Love 5

Kim had to have been high as a kite when she pulled this stunt. She probably thought she'd paid for the merchandise. What a mess. Kim may hate Kyle, but from what I can see, it was Kyle/Mauricio keeping that house of cards from collapsing this whole time.

• Love 16

The first article said she shoplifted toys and my first reaction is "Who are those toys for?"  It's gotten so nothing surprises me about Kim these days.

Me neither, in fact when I saw that she was trending on Facebook, I immediately thought the worst.  Now I'm wondering who the toy were for, too, and how she's even going to attempt to explain this.   "Oops, my bad, I walked out with the wrong cart".

I'm guessing the Hiltons coughed up the bail money.

If there was any chance that Bravo was entertaining the notion of bringing her back in any capacity whatsoever, that door just got nailed shut. 

I'm not sure, at this point, what, if anything her family or anyone else can do for her.  She's just out of rehab after an arrest and kicking a cop, now she's arrested for shoplifting.  She refuses to stay in rehab.   Sadly, I think she's on her own now.  This will not end well. Not at all. 

• Love 9

I bet her defense is that she took the stuff without paying because she was fired from RHOBH and couldn't afford to pay for it.

Watch what happens.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6

I wonder how Kim feels about being described as a "reality star" instead of "a former child star who gave up her childhood to support her entire family, always being in 100% pain, while her ungrateful sister Kyle was stealing her God damn house."

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 22

They are filming for next season now, aren't they? I wonder if this will make it onto the show with them talking about it. I guess probably not, but I would love to know what Kyle thinks about all this.

• Love 1

They are filming for next season now, aren't they? I wonder if this will make it onto the show with them talking about it. I guess probably not, but I would love to know what Kyle thinks about all this.

Oh this will be brought up on the show. I can see it now.

Someone has to do something with her if they want to see her survive and ever have her health again, she is not well. She needs to be away, and for a long time. It's beyond sad. What kind of wake up call is her family waiting for?

How about jail time

• Love 4

Someone has to do something with her if they want to see her survive and ever have her health again, she is not well. She needs to be away, and for a long time. It's beyond sad. What kind of wake up call is her family waiting for?

I think her family has had all of the wake up calls they could possibly need. Now they are trying the tough love approach because it is the only recourse they have left. Until Kim wants to get sober, there is nothing her family can do. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 9

Oh this will be brought up on the show. I can see it now.

How about jail time

Sounds about right. Kim doesn't want anyone's help, and it isn't up to her family to make her act right. She has to want to do better and be better.

• Love 3

By the way let us never forget, it's still Kyle's 100% God Damn Fault people!

Monty will shoot rainbows out of his ass on Twitter, and Kathy will write another check, Kim will look under the kitchen counter for something to sniff.

• Love 17

I bet her defense will be that the toys are for poor, sick children, and that she thought Target was helping with the donation by putting said toys on a shelf where Kim could reach them, because as Monty stated Kim is a giver.

Or she will just use that "100% pain" excuse.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 5

I bet her defense will be that the toys are for poor, sick children, and that she thought Target was helping with the donation by putting said toys on a shelf where Kim could reach them, because as Monty stated Kim is a giver.

Or she will just use that "100% pain" excuse.

She will use the "I had a bad reaction to my medicine" or the "I took the wrong medicine" excuse's again like she has done before. I would not put it past her to once again claim that "Monty gave me a pain pill" either.  It is never Kim's fault!

• Love 9

I fervently hope that Kyle does not get pilloried over this pitiful and ridiculous morass. Kim is an ADULT of supposedly "sound" mind. And, IF Kim can no longer function within the constraints of normal society, then HER GROWN OFFSPRING need to attend to Kim's mental and psychological needs. I think Kyle and Mauricio have served their (im)prison(ed) sentences all COURTesy of a wretch--Kim (really "HIGH" maintenance) Richards.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 12

I wonder how Kim feels about being described as a "reality star" instead of "a former child star who gave up her childhood to support her entire family, always being in 100% pain, while her ungrateful sister Kyle was stealing her God damn house."

Or, as Paris Hilton's aunt!

• Love 4

Do they normally keep people overnight in a shoplifting case?   Seemed to take her a long time to post bail.    As for Monty, his explanation is most likely what Kim told him - and far from the truth.   I agree her excuse will involve some type of wrong medication, along with that she spaced out and thought she had paid for the items.     Bravo execs must be relieved that they cut her loose when they did.  

You know, her good friend Brandi recently tweeted pics of some sandals and some earrings she got at Target, maybe Kim was just picking up some "items" for her.  After all she's a giver.  

Bets anyone?  How long before she's back in rehab?   Of course followed by the "I thought I was ok, but I know I need more time"

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 7

Shoplifting usually just gets you taken to a special room in the store, the police are called, they write up a report and tell you when your court date is. Something else must have happened to cause them to hold her overnight.

• Love 14

she was "detained" under citizen's arrest at 4:30 - meaning the security guard at Target.  She wasn't booked until three hours later at 7:29 and kept in jail overnight.   She wasn't released until 1:30pm the following day.   If she was sober, you know she would have called somebody (Kathy) to get her out.   To be in jail that long, it would seem to me she was again in the drunk tank - for either alcohol or drugs, and they dealt with her bail once she slept it off.     You have to wonder who she called for bail.  Remember her kids heard about her other arrest on social media, and calls from friends.  

I have gone to Target and spent a boat load of money, but that was usually buying a patio furniture set, or something really big.  What the hell did she have that totaled $600.  

Wow now they are reporting she is homeless, living out of her car - after running out of friends to stay with. 

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 11

Add me to the list of people who can't fathom how much stuff you'd have to take to equal $600 at Target (at least stuff that isn't electronically fastened to the counter/behind lock and key).  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 4

It's a sad and mortifying situation for all concerned. Kim is a grown woman and her family is helpless. They are not to be blamed and my heart goes out to them, and even Kim, because she is clearly unable to gain control of this beast addiction.

• Love 5

And I guess we don't have to worry about Lee Radziwill's delicate patrician sensibilities when it comes to Carole on RHNY -- she's obviously willing to publicly slag on a drug addict for being at Target,

That's a fake account.

I have gone to Target and spent a boat load of money, but that was usually buying a patio furniture set, or something really big.  What the hell did she have that totaled $600.  

Aerosol cans? Pillow protectors? Mixing utensils for her chicken salad?

• Love 4

Fascinating: The connections these people have to each other.  One of the OJ Simpson attorneys, Robert Shapiro,  sent an associate to get her out.  Robert Kardashian was also on OJ's team.   That trial never goes away, there's always a connection to it in Beverly Hills (or rather, Van Nuys) 

• Love 4

Winona Ryder said her shoplifting arrest saved her. She had prescription drugs on her that didn't belong to her, and she turned things around. I'm not so sure Kim has the same determination, she prefers being the victim, it seems.

• Love 9

I don't know why, but I'm fascinated with this sentence from the ET article linked above:

ET has learned that she had three carts full of items, but was only charged for a portion of what she loaded into her vehicle.

It's written like the poor cashier just forgot to ring her up, and not like she, y'know, stole.  

As far as Kim's comments on Rinna and Vanderpump: girl was drunk, at least, during parts of the season.  I have perfect recall of things when I'm drunk, until someone tells me how it really was.  So to me her memory is suspect, and I'm not sure why they bother asking her about things anymore.  

I'm not feeling particularly nice or sympathetic today.  Mostly I'm wondering if this will find its way onto the show since Kyle's still filming and one would think it'd come up at some point since it's her sister.

• Love 3

I just talked to a cop friend of mine who said it was probably the dollar amount that caused her to be booked at the jail instead of just getting a summons in the store, anything over $500 is getting into felony territory. And that they won't hold you overnight unless they found drugs, she was unable to drive, etc.

If she had THREE carts, who was helping her? I have enough trouble getting one cart to the car, let alone three.

• Love 11

She will have an excuse.   IF, and it's a big IF, some cashier forgot to ring up items, but had a receipt for the others, it would be easily explained when they took her back in the store.   I also find it hard to believe that it was a cart full of toys (per Monty)!   Oh yeah, and there were unicorns and turtles too.    Somebody reported that there was $1000 worth of items, and $600 is what wasn't paid for.

• Love 1

In the ET link, Monty is quoted as saying this is not drug or alcohol related. Oh. So, he is basically admitting Kim also does drugs.

Didn't he one time maintain it was just an alcohol issue?

She'll probably skate on this too, just like Wynona Rider.

Hope this nail in the coffin is just added security so she won't be back in any form.

Right. Her family and her attorney will maintain she is a sick, sick woman. Well, she is. Addiction is a disease. But, she won't have much happen to her in the courts because this is misdemeanor and it isn't as if Kim has been arrested before for this same crime. Damn it! She won't face jail time as punishment. She will face a fine and probation. Her real punishment will come in the form of her health deteriorating, her mental well-being (which isn't much) spiraling further down, and no income since I can't think of Bravo or anyone else wanting to hire Kim unless she is hired to be the brunt of jokes on some tv show.

Edited by GreatKazu