Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

The guy she was with is Wynn Katz, a high-end "leather goods" designer.   She's been photographed with him before.  I think he's a friend of the family.   E reported that she's living with Kathy & Rick.  Interesting because they are still in Europe.   That house must be a zoo.   Isn't Conrad Hilton under house arrest?  Monty stays there.  Kim's moved in, with no money, no job and no future.  Cripes, if I were Kathy & Rick, I'd stay in Europe.  

That clip TMZ showed, Kim was doing her goofy high voice - not the drunk voice, but the pills have kicked in voice.   She always seemed to think that not drinking means she's sober, and she makes no connection at all the pills, pot or any of her other indulgences.

I am thinking there is a wide net that is cast under the living with Kathy statement.  For the sake of her sanity if I were Kathy I would get the agents on Hilton & Hyland on finding Kim some immediate housing. 

• Love 1

Kim Richards Is ''Upbeat'' Post-Rehab, but ''Uncertain About Her Future"

http://www.eonline.com/news/678198/kim-richards-is-upbeat-post-rehab-but-uncertain-about-her-future-get-the-scoop

Not so sure about this article's source. Kyle was at the wedding and Kathy had Kyle's youngest daughter for a few days/nights, also Kyle was at both the bridal shower and Nicki's wedding, where Kim was MIA and checked out of rehab almost 2 months early.

I thought Rick and Kathy were still in England. Have they come back to find Kim squatting at their house?

Yes, they are still in England. From Kathy's twitter......

Kathy Hilton ‏@KathyHilton  · 21h21 hours ago 

@BrendaRichie  XO  Home in 3 days!!!

• Love 1

Yes, they are still in England. From Kathy's twitter......

Kathy Hilton ‏@KathyHilton  · 21h21 hours ago 

@BrendaRichie  XO  Home in 3 days!!!

Ahh, so they will eventually come home to find Kim squatting at their house. I wonder if she will have Kingsley there with her. 

• Love 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Kim actually enjoys this attention she gets from entering rehab, then making her grand debut out of rehab and back into society.  It's publicity she wouldn't get otherwise.  Kim may enjoy being the weakling.  She and Brandi are making a strong effort playing the pity card about having no money.  I'm sure if fans sent them checks, they wouldn't be returned!

I've grown quite cynical about both of these women as I've watched them this past season.  Then, with Kim walking out of rehab again, I find it more and more difficult to think of her with much pity.

• Love 5
(edited)

So Kim is "uncertain" about her future? 

What happened to the 3 book deal and the 2 NBC shows that Monty crowed about? 

All bullshit, much like Kim's "sobriety."

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

For some reason this latest interview is actually making me angry.  Not a whole lot of angry, but legit like...why does she need a forum to recreate the facade?  "I was in rehab for like 5 minutes and fixed everything again...then I think I had a drink...then I spent a few more days in rehab."  Maybe I'm annoyed because I'm not a fan of her essentially getting monologues (y'all know those questions are vetted).  It seems kind of unfair to the people who got caught up in her stuff by virtue of being on a tv show with her.  

I hope this attempt to gather fans in support of a return, and demonstrate her tv-readiness, falls flat.  I'm fine with fake on reality tv, but not fake after the kind of real she brought.

• Love 3
(edited)

Kim has talked to ETV

http://www.etonline.com/news/168498_exclusive_kim_richards_opens_up_about_her_arrest_and_struggles_with_alcohol_i_ve_always_loved_sobriety/

"I love sobriety," Richards told ET's Nischelle Turner. "I've always loved sobriety, and relapsing was very hard for me. It was not easy. I have to say, don't take this wrong, but I really wanted to go to treatment because I needed a break from what I was going through at home."

(So rehab was a "break" for her)

She then says that her so called relapse was due to Monty's illness, her dog being taken away, her son being unwell, and her not speaking with Kyle.

She claims to have been sober for more than 30 days.

"I went in and I got to learn a whole lot about myself," she told Turner. "I dug deep into my past, things that happened to me as a child, good and bad, teenage years, relationships with all my loved ones, where they need to be mended, where they're very powerful. I worked on me."

"When Turner asked if the arrest was Richard's "a-ha" moment that led her to seek treatment, the reality star admitted, "Actually, my arrest was my 'a-ha I get to go away now and rest and take a break from all this'. I don't want anybody to take this wrong, but I truly needed a break from hospitals, family, the pressure. I needed to go away."

(again, viewing rehab as a "break".  Dear Kim - most people take a vacation when they need  a break - still not admitting that she had a problem.)

And she claims Bravo has asked her to return to BH

"As for a possible Real Housewives return, Richards told ET that she hasn't spoken with producers about coming back to the show because she's been focusing on her treatment, but she revealed that they’ve expressed interest in having her back next season. "My representative did speak to them," she said. "They have asked me to come back."

I'm not buying any of this.  It's the same old story. And judging from the comments, I'm not alone.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 8

I totally agree that this is the same old line from Kim but at least we now know how to translate it.

"I was upset about Monty, my sister, my dog...."  = I drank but I had a good reason

"I needed to get away from all the pressure"  =  My lease was up, Kathy will only put me up for so long and I needed some place to go.

"I worked on me"  =  I will go to rehab but they have to have beautiful rooms, excellent food and massages.  I will attend meetings but only if I can bring my phone.

"Bravo is interested in having me back next year"  =  Nobody fires me; I am a star!  My agent called them and they picked up the phone.  Her number had not been blocked!

• Love 9

Kim has talked to ETV

http://www.etonline.com/news/168498_exclusive_kim_richards_opens_up_about_her_arrest_and_struggles_with_alcohol_i_ve_always_loved_sobriety/

"I love sobriety," Richards told ET's Nischelle Turner. "I've always loved sobriety, and relapsing was very hard for me. It was not easy. I have to say, don't take this wrong, but I really wanted to go to treatment because I needed a break from what I was going through at home."

(So rehab was a "break" for her)

She then says that her so called relapse was due to Monty's illness, her dog being taken away, her son being unwell, and her not speaking with Kyle.

She claims to have been sober for more than 30 days.

"I went in and I got to learn a whole lot about myself," she told Turner. "I dug deep into my past, things that happened to me as a child, good and bad, teenage years, relationships with all my loved ones, where they need to be mended, where they're very powerful. I worked on me."

"When Turner asked if the arrest was Richard's "a-ha" moment that led her to seek treatment, the reality star admitted, "Actually, my arrest was my 'a-ha I get to go away now and rest and take a break from all this'. I don't want anybody to take this wrong, but I truly needed a break from hospitals, family, the pressure. I needed to go away."

(again, viewing rehab as a "break". Dear Kim - most people take a vacation when they need a break - still not admitting that she had a problem.)

And she claims Bravo has asked her to return to BH

"As for a possible Real Housewives return, Richards told ET that she hasn't spoken with producers about coming back to the show because she's been focusing on her treatment, but she revealed that they’ve expressed interest in having her back next season. "My representative did speak to them," she said. "They have asked me to come back."

I'm not buying any of this. It's the same old story. And judging from the comments, I'm not alone.

PFFT

the producers dont want her back. Shes delusional.

This interview is also forced too. You can tell she just rolled out of bed because Kathy made her do it.

• Love 4
(edited)

She didn't learn a thing! All she did was blame people, places, and things for her drinking and using. Unbelievable! I wish her luck, she is going to need it.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 3

What an awful person. Loves her sobriety? Kim's brain must be fried. I haven't heard anything that stupid in a long time.

We will know that Kim is moving towards sobriety when she no longer blames her problems on Monty, the dog, her son, and Kyle. 

• Love 2

Kim, to me, sounded like she was under the influence of something in that interview.   Once again, she doesn't take any responsibility for her actions.  She was okay with getting arrested so she could get away from the stresses - like rehab is the new spa.  Unbelievable!

• Love 3
(edited)

This babble of Kim's makes me think she's off her rocker.  The assertion I enjoyed the most was that she was "relieved" to be arrested.  Is that why she kicked the policewoman?  Out of relief?  If Kim's interview was some attempt to sell herself (and it was), I would say that she failed miserably.

Thirty days without a drink (if true) is a drop in the bucket and is barely anything to brag about.  Make that 365 days, and that will be impressive.  I also doubt that the 30 days she spoke of were entirely without alcohol since she seems forgetful about the glasses of vodka she consumed at various times (which she also mentioned in a previous interview and became confused about when she drank them).  I couldn't get that assertion to add up.  In addition, her discussion about drinking did not pertain to drug use as far as I could tell, so that angle is unaccounted for.

I can't buy any of Kim's story this time.  I strongly suspect that she is still using both, especially accounting for her time spent with Monty.  He would be the last person to out her.  Kathy is currently running an retreat for sick people.  I have to wonder how long it will last after she returns home.  The story continues ....

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

What an awful person. Loves her sobriety? Kim's brain must be fried. I haven't heard anything that stupid in a long time.

We will know that Kim is moving towards sobriety when she no longer blames her problems on Monty, the dog, her son, and Kyle. 

LOL, She made the claim of "Loving her sobriety" to LiasR, LisaV and Eileen at Eileen/Vince's reading at their house last season and we all know she was NOT clean or sober at the time!  Same story, different day with Kim! LOL

• Love 3

Kim was just interviewed on Entertainment Tonight, and its obvious that she is still not acknowledging the scope of her drinking problem.  Regarding the night she was arrested, she said she'd had a glass of vodka, which she claimed was the first time having vodka in 10 years, and when she got to the hotel, was told they were closing.  She didn't admit to doing anything to make them call the police (like drinking more), but did admit to not remembering that she kicked a cop.  As to relapsing at her daughter's wedding, she said that she had been put on Adivan, was stressed, and saw two 1/2 little margaritas (whatever that is) and "thinks" she drank one.  She's still making excuses and downplaying how much she drinks, so I don't see her being very successful in remaining sober for long. 

• Love 3
Kim was just interviewed on Entertainment Tonight, and its obvious that she is still not acknowledging the scope of her drinking problem.  Regarding the night she was arrested, she said she'd had a glass of vodka, which she claimed was the first time having vodka in 10 years, and when she got to the hotel, was told they were closing.  She didn't admit to doing anything to make them call the police (like drinking more), but did admit to not remembering that she kicked a cop.  As to relapsing at her daughter's wedding, she said that she had been put on Adivan, was stressed, and saw two 1/2 little margaritas (whatever that is) and "thinks" she drank one.  She's still making excuses and downplaying how much she drinks, so I don't see her being very successful in remaining sober for long.

I just finished watching this too!  She also claimed she was asked back for RH next season, but hasn't made up her mind.  You can tune in tomorrow to watch her lie about the Dr. Phil interview!

• Love 2

Just watched the ET interview also. Did anyone expect any different from her? She is a worthless skin sack who contributes nothing to the human race or society any longer except angst and pain for everyone around her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the video link Chrissytd!

Wow - she is beyond delusional.  No way that was the first time she had had vodka in 10 years. No way did she tell the bartender she just needed to sit down.  You can sit down in your car.  She wanted a drink, and probably got pretty belligerent about it.  ("Don't you know who I am?")

And there she was in rehab for 30 days, and as soon as she gets out to go to her daughter's wedding she "thinks" she drank a tiny tiny margarita.  While she was on anti anxiety medicine. She was out for what, 2 days?    And now, back to rehab for 30 more days - and she thinks she just fine when she couldn't go two days the last time without a drink?

Her act of trying to convince everyone that she is fine is getting tired and old.   She's pathetic.

And Lisa Vanderpump is the phony????  Lisa's got nothing on Kim when it comes to that!

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

Kim is so pitiful. She learned nothing from all those rehabs. I'm starting to believe all those reports how she probably was in her last treatment center that she was difficult. Kim should had stayed a whole 90 days, but sadly she refuses to put in the work. I wouldnt be one bit surprised if I wake up to read she's no longer with us and the addiction finally won. Not trying to be pessimistic but that's how I see it.

• Love 11

What a delusional fucking mess!  Did she actually think anyone would believe her issues are alcohol ONLY??  She seriously said no pills, drugs, or controlled substances???   And said it while clearly under the influence of a sedative?   I really don't see a happy ending for her.  She has to be accountable and want to do better - neither of which interests her.   I'm with BlackMamba - I won't be surprised to wake up to that headline.  How sad for her kids

• Love 4

She's so annoying to watch. She's not "talking" to her sister. She saw her at the wedding and said "hello", I'm sure. I bet they asked her to come in for a followup on the show but no way did they want that mess full time. She's a headcase.

I agree. My first thought was next time we hear about her, it's her obit. There's nothing else coming for her as she's not serious about being healthy and her career is over. The reality thing was not about her being interesting, it was about her being a wasted nut job.

If she weren't so mean, I'd feel bad but she's downright nasty and killing herself. Hope I don't have to watch it. 

I am seeing a pattern with Kim.  When Monty got to be too much for her she went on a bender, first at Poker night and then with the admission for 5, 7 or 9 days to the hospital.   I think Kim gets frustrated with all these commitments she takes on and when she is getting enough attention from her loved ones, she creates a situation  where she is hospitalized or goes to rehab.  I think she feels like they owe her the peace and quiet.  I am agreeing with Kyle's initial response to Kim taking in Monty and it was one of caution, same with her son.  It is fairly obvious Kim over does these situations and then it was up to Kathy or Kyle or John (as to Kimberly) or Monty to pick up the pieces.  I am now seeing why no one takes this woman seriously- - same line as last time, "I am an alcoholic," and then she talks about going to meetings out of pride instead of humiliation.  Kim still doesn't get it.

• Love 5

She absolutely doesn't see pills as going against her sobriety.  She equates alcohol with sobriety - and everything else is her way of coping with sobriety. 

In the interview she said she walked in to sit down and they said they were closed, and immediately threatened to call police.   But wasn't it in Dr Phil interview she said she went in - sat at the booth she's been sitting at since she was a child - chatted with another group of people "she thought she knew", etc.   She doesn't remember if she drank one of those "little" margaritas.   OMG she's just beyond delusional.  She's drinking the Kool-Aid that Monty is spewing.  I'm sure he's telling her she will make a fabulous comeback, she's a star, etc.     She's as stable as a bridge made out of wet cardboard!     What I find the most amazing is her feeling of entitlement, her belligerent attitude and the idea she's under "stress" so her family has to, yet again, pay for her to go to rehab - which she somehow equates to going to a spa.    She probably stayed in bed all day, made ridiculous demands, blew off any counseling (or gave them the answers she knows they want! Afterall she knows the routine).   She bailed when the family was out of town because she didn't want them telling her she needed to stay longer.  Now it's up to everyone else to take care of her.    And, if they dare to question her, or give her a dose of reality, she will use her fallback position of "I'm feeling anxious".   What a piece of work.

• Love 9

Now this is what I call a diva. No rehab will ever be good for this bitch. Kim treats rehab as a joke but whoever is paying must not be caring shes dipping in and out of rehab throughout LA.

These luxury rehabs are hella expensive, too!!  My daughter's MIL checked in to Betty Ford in Rancho Mirage last year and stayed for about a week.  But at check-in you pay for the whole month to the tune of $30,000 to $50,000.  You don't get a refund, either, if you don't complete the program.  

So, do the math for little Kimmie.  This bitch has flushed probably $150,000 (you KNOW its someone else's money) in the past year, and she's STILL drinking and drugging off the rails.  No bloody wonder her family has washed their hands of her.

• Love 5

So, do the math for little Kimmie.  This bitch has flushed probably $150,000 (you KNOW its someone else's money) in the past year, and she's STILL drinking and drugging off the rails.  No bloody wonder her family has washed their hands of her.

Not to mention they pay for her house, cars, probably insurance, and I wouldn't doubt they supplement her alimony.  

• Love 2
(edited)

So, do the math for little Kimmie.  This bitch has flushed probably $150,000 (you KNOW its someone else's money) in the past year, and she's STILL drinking and drugging off the rails.  No bloody wonder her family has washed their hands of her.

Not to mention they pay for her house, cars, probably insurance, and I wouldn't doubt they supplement her alimony.

She probably feels she's entitled to all that because you know, she worked so hard when she was a kid, and the family benefited, and Kyle stole the house and blah blah blah.  I guess she's living at Kathy's now - at least that what I've read.   Talk about an albatross around your neck!  

And it's crystal clear that Bravo wants nothing to do with her.   If they did, she would have already had the obligatory sit down with Andy Cohen, not ETV or Dr. Phil.  And remember early on, Andy said that he reached out to...Kyle, not Kim.  Add to that how quickly an "insider" shot down her story about them wanting her back.  They want nothing to do with her and who can blame them at this point?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 5

I am thinking there is a wide net that is cast under the living with Kathy statement.  For the sake of her sanity if I were Kathy I would get the agents on Hilton & Hyland on finding Kim some immediate housing.

Yeah.

I'm wondering if maybe they didn't just install her in a Hampton Inn a call it a Hilton day.

It's kinda' like staying with the Hiltons. And, considering whatever she's on, she might not even notice!

• Love 1

I wonder why Kim would screw up her lease on this house?  It was lovely and now she is back on a house hunt.

I suppose to the non-landlords here, the photos don't look so terrible.  But I guarantee you that whoever owns that house is spending many thousands of dollars to get it back into rentable condition.  If the security deposit was the standard (equal to one month's rent) it won't cover half of the cost of restoring that house to the appearance seen in the "before" photos.

Back on the house hunt, but guess what??  Even if she could get someone to co-sign for her (which is seriously in question at this point), any landlord or management company worth their salt will check up on her record at the previous rental, and that, boys and girls, will be the kiss of death for little Kimmy in terms of being able to rent under her own name.

Because Star Magazine published these photos, I can envision any rental agent she goes refusing her, and those that would rent to her would demand a HUGE security deposit.  I'm guessing little Kimmy will be reduced to renting a studio apartment in Hollyweird.

• Love 3

I think they'd have excused everything and brought her back if she didn't refuse to talk on their shows before running to Dr. Phil and now ET.  I couldn't believe their contracts didn't prevent her from doing something like that.  Dangerous animals, disgusting living conditions, relapses- that's Bravo's money right there.  She gave it to someone else.  

And probably will again.  I can see her and Brandi in a Laverne & Shirley-esque reality show on WE-TV or something.  

• Love 2

Another part of the interview tonight on ET. Kim said her psychiarist told her she didn't need rehab. All she needed was to talk to him 3 times a week. She also has a team - a life coach, a chiropractor, a fairy god mother, a mood ring and others at HER house. I may have made up a couple of those things. I'm not sure, but, I don't have a team to ask.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think she's become SO adept at guilt-tripping her family that they just hand over the cash to get rid of her and not have to think about her perpetual fuck-ups.

I think they'd have excused everything and brought her back if she didn't refuse to talk on their shows before running to Dr. Phil and now ET.  I couldn't believe their contracts didn't prevent her from doing something like that.  Dangerous animals, disgusting living conditions, relapses- that's Bravo's money right there.  She gave it to someone else.  

And probably will again.  I can see her and Brandi in a Laverne & Shirley-esque reality show on WE-TV or something.  

Her contract probably DID prevent her from doing such a thing, but since when has little Kimmy ever let integrity stand in her way of doing as she damn well pleases?  It's not like Bravo can collect on a judgment if it sues her broke little ass.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4

Another part of the interview tonight on ET. Kim said her psychiarist told her she didn't need rehab. All she needed was to talk to him 3 times a week. She also has a team - a life coach, a chiropractor, a fairy god mother, a mood ring and others at HER house. I may have made up a couple of those things. I'm not sure, but, I don't have a team to ask.

Her psychiatrist must have gone to the same school as the gynecologist (Leroy Amar) who prescribed quaaludes to Bill Cosby for his back pain.

• Love 6