Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

While Yolanda, LisaV, Kyle and Brandi may have known Kim was drinking, their silence after that horrible restaurant scene in Amsterdam was unforgivable. All of them should have ignored Kim completely until she apologized. Even Kyle, on the boat, asked LisaV "So everything is okay now" and LisaV said "It has to be."

And I agree with your point about them ignoring her. They'd all been far, FAR priv-ier to Kim's antics than we have and even WE were all saying they should just freeze her out. Maybe that's what VDP, Yo, Kyle were trying to do by that point after months of filming with her. But Rinna kept going and showed her ass. And continues to do so.

I don't know. It's just all so seedy.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

I was more upset with the quote, "- Her son Chad was released from UCLA Medical Center hours before the meltdown." instead of the LVP accusation. So she went out to celebrate instead of staying home with her son? Then she said the maitre d' wouldn't let her sit with a group, so it's his fault!

• Love 7

Yes, I better give credit where credit is due. Brandi is dumb enough to figure people won't check on Brooke's whereabouts, or that her vendetta to 'get back" at LVP is truly transparent.

I think Brandi is dumb enough that SHE forgot to check Brooke's whereabouts before providing this bs for the article. Brandi trying to use Kim's arrest to get back at Lisa V is transparent and ridiculous.

• Love 6

I was more upset with the quote, "- Her son Chad was released from UCLA Medical Center hours before the meltdown." instead of the LVP accusation. So she went out to celebrate instead of staying home with her son? Then she said the maitre d' wouldn't let her sit with a group, so it's his fault!

Agreed. If Brandi is the source, and she's that callous, Kim better wake up to the fact this trashy woman isn't her friend.

• Love 6

So Kim Richards was arrested for disorderly conduit and battery of a police officer. She was allegedly slurring her words and be belligerent. 

Interviewer: So Kim any words about your arrest.

Kim to interviewer: DON'T TALK ABOUT MY SOBRIETY.  I have been 3 years sober now.

Interviewer: Was this a relapse.

Kim: No it wasn't. I have a reason, I was 100% in pain, but I wanted to go out, so Monty give me one of his pills and said go. Did it react badly to me. Yes. So it was NOT a relapse I had a reason. DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY SOBRIETY. Besides it was all KYLE'S fault, she wouldn't take my phone call at 2 am, even though I talk to KATHY 3 or 4 times a day.

Interviewer: But Kim

Kim: THAT'S ENOUGH WE WILL NOT FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY SOBRIETY.

Kim walking away " who was that, what was she talking about.

• Love 4

All of them should have ignored Kim completely until she apologized. Even Kyle, on the boat, asked LisaV "So everything is okay now" and LisaV said "It has to be." I don't understand why it had to be.

If you cannot be okay with what is, it means you are depending on circumstances to dictate your happiness/mood.  It is very sound advice.  

• Love 6

I think I have read all the posts about Kim's arrest. Maybe I missed it? Does it say who she was with? I'm really curious about that. Of all times Kim should have stayed home and got drunk all alone.

And I have to agree, this not a relapse, that would mean Kim had been sober. We all are not blind she was high drunk throughout the season. I am not celebrating her relapse. I'm saying-- see, she's a liar.

It was very telling when Rinna said something like "Kim you were high as a kite" and Kim said "your right I was" she paused and said "I was not right", I thought you can't even say it because it's too real.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I am not happy about her having a relapse; but to me, she probably relapsed on the show when she took those pain pills that weren't hers.  She relapsed then and didn't admit to it.  If she called her sponsor, her sponsor probably told her to be honest, or else it would bite her in the butt.  Well she wasn't honest and look what happened.  I'm not happy but I'm not surprised.

If I were Kim's sponsor, I would tell her to get off the show, but if she didn't want to, I'd tell her to be honest about her recovery.  Some people struggle, some people do relapse.  But the most important thing is to be honest about it, or you will drink.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

As this season played out on the screen, I and many others have said "This isn't going to end well." I know Kim has said and done a lot of deplorable things, but I cannot feel anything but sadness for her at this point. I hope she gets the help she needs before we're reading another headline about her.

• Love 7

My understanding is that some alcoholics pass out and vomit while unconscious. If they are alone, and their head/neck/throat is tilted a certain way, they choke on their vomit. (Though I guess you don't have to be an alcoholic to do this, but I believe it's a concern for people with "drinking problems" who drink so heavily at home alone, they pass out.) I should have been clearer, but for some reason I didn't want to write the word vomit - maybe because I hadn't had breakfast yet and assumed others probably hadn't either.

While Yolanda, LisaV, Kyle and Brandi may have known Kim was drinking, their silence after that horrible restaurant scene in Amsterdam was unforgivable. All of them should have ignored Kim completely until she apologized. Even Kyle, on the boat, asked LisaV "So everything is okay now" and LisaV said "It has to be." I don't understand why it had to be. Kim's behavior hasn't changed because it has been tolerated. And whenever Kim said she has been working hard on her sobriety and LisaR and Eileen were ruining it for her, no one else said a word in LisaR's or Eileen's defense. Even though I ultimately felt as if both women should have stayed out of it and let Kyle and Kathy deal with it, Eileen and Lisa seemed very alone during the season so, for me, yes, vindication is the right word.

ETA: Thanks, ElsieH!

LisaV mentioned Kim possibly taking a sleeping pill in Paris and Kim went at her big time. She learned her lesson then, do not question Kim about anything to do with her sobriety or lack of......EVER!

• Love 7

I knew it!!!.  The catalyst was the stress of watching the reunion, which - get this - she had to watch to "fulfill her obligation to blog about the shows".  From TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/17/kim-richards-arrest-drinking-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-reunion/

"But the real trigger ... we're told earlier in the evening, Kim went to Brooke's house, where they watched the 3-part reunion. Kim had put it off because it was too upsetting, but she had to binge watch in order to fulfill her obligation to blog about the shows. And reliving what went down crushed her."

*raises hand* 

Can anyone point me in the direction of Kim's blogs, specifically for those for the three-part reunion? Is it housed on Bravo's B6-13 vertical and that's why the general public hasn't had access to it?

• Love 8

Even though I agree that alcoholism is a disease it does not excuse bad behaviors. And maybe I lack empathy but if someone had cancer and acted like a dick, I would have no problem calling them a dick and not like them. There is never an excuse for being an asshole.

And let me say that as a minority I am beyond pissed that this chick kicked a cop and was released the next day. Having 3 brothers I worry all the time when they get stopped by a cop that they might run their mouths (as they are prone to do) and something happen to them. The fact that they were taught from a young age to never, ever do anything to anger a cop for their own safety and some drunk chick gets to go right home is bullshit.

• Love 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjdXNqkRXDM

This should work. It's not pretty, but I imagine this is how it went down at the hotel also.

Did she dry swallow that pill?

The evil elf hat sits on my shoulder hopes Kim wasn't as nice, rather that she was orn'ry and threw out her favorite cuss word several times and there's a videotape with audio.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

So, this cites a "source" who says her family has been increasingly concerned lately with her erratic behavior:

http://www.people.com/article/kim-richards-sobriety-rhobh-star-arrested-acting-out-of-it-source

Kind of rules out "the reunion drove her to it" doesn't it? I would also love to know what else she had in her system, but I guess they probably don't do a full tox screen, do they? I've never thought that her problem was just alcohol.

ETA: oops wrong link

Edited by ElsieH
  • Love 1

He is going to Las Vegas next weekend to watch Paris Hilton perform. 

Perform? Vegas has live sex shows now? Cuz I wasn't aware of Paris having any other um, "performance" skills?

Edited by chlban
  • Love 3

For me, the difference is in how they treat other people. If we're supposed to believe Kim (I know, LOL, but stick with me),  she was "sober" and yet she was still horrible to family, friends, and strangers. Yolanda might have annoyed me at times as a viewer, but I've seen no evidence that she is a bad person.

Not only that but don't think for a second that if this was Lisa R's secret that Kim seems to know so much about coming out that she wouldn't be skipping through the streets that Lisa R had to eat some crow.  Or if whatever she thinks happened in her fucked up head between Alexia and Kingsley came out she wouldn't be smug as shit with Kyle over it.  (I dunno what that would be.  A video of Alexia holding her hand in front of Kingsley while calling him fat or something?  "BITE ME DAMMIT!")

I don't think Lisa R is happy about this or doing any kind of happy dance.  But I do think she feels vindicated.  And she should.

• Love 10

I agree with all who have said that this was no relapse.  We've seen her under the influence several times this season.

And we've also seen her - IMO - completely sober.  She smiled a little more then and wasn't so quick to fly off the handle.  But she was a self-centered, mean bitch then too.

So I'm not so quick to blame her "disease" for all these horrendous mistakes that she's making.  I took me awhile to realize it, but Kim Richards is just not a nice person. Drunk, drugged up, or sober.

This is  very true. My ex husband is an alcoholic. It's the main reason he is my ex husband. However, he was never mean. Hi mother was a mean drunk, but he was never mean, drunk or sober. He is a really, really nice man that I still love, although not in any romantic way.

Since he is currently, and for many years now, battling cancer, he has stopped drinking. Chemo and alcohol are not a good mx.

But I do think the point you are making here is very important for the people that wish to chastise nasty people, like me, that find this development oddly satisfying. It's not that we sit around waiting for addicts to relapse so we can celebrate. It is that this particular addict has proven to be a completely vile human being. Dealing with an addict is trying. I can verify that. Even when they are good people. This bitch is not good people. She is a narcissistic, stupid, mean bitch.

There is no comparison to what Yolanda is going through.  Count me as one that has often been annoyed by Yo. But I agree with the poster that stated earlier, she may be annoying but she is clearly not evil. Kim is. Also, Yo is doing everything she can to get well. Kim won't even admit she needs to.

Oh, and BTW,  Brandi you idiot. Lisa R, Eileen and anyone else that "hinted" that Kim was not, in fact, sober this season? They have been VINDICATED. You were never vindicated at the reunion. You just happened to be sitting next to someone that actually managed to come off as  even more vile than you did. At least that particular night. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 21

Did anyone watch WWHL last night? I chose not to DVR it, and then when I heard about Kim's arrest, I forgot to reset the DVR to tape it. I'm curious if it was live. If so, did Andy mention the arrest?

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but most of the time the Thursday night shows are pre-taped. So much for the "Live" part of WWHL. I'll be curious if he will mention it on Sunday's show.

I just heard about the Kim news (I guess I was off the grid yesterday). I really, really hope Kim and Brandi aren't back next year.

• Love 1

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but most of the time the Thursday night shows are pre-taped. So much for the "Live" part of WWHL. I'll be curious if he will mention it on Sunday's show.

If it is pre-taped, then how do they do the "live" phone calls? I was also wondering this on Tuesday when they showed WWHL right after RHONY and then again at its regular time.

• Love 1

What Stood out to me in Brandi's "vindication" speech was when she said she didn't want to come between sisters because "family is for life." In other words, when Kim is no longer of any use to her, Brandi is outta there.

• Love 8

If it is pre-taped, then how do they do the "live" phone calls? I was also wondering this on Tuesday when they showed WWHL right after RHONY and then again at its regular time.

They put out messages on Twitter and Facebook asking people with questions to give them their phone number and the producers call them when they tape. If you watch the shows, you can tell which ones are live - they give the phone number and Andy says "Tweet me!" and they have a poll. On the pre-taped shows, he just mentions that they have a lot of questions. He also mentions in his book that a number of the shows are pre-taped (usually Wednesday afternoons, sometimes even earlier).

• Love 5

Is that a camouflage leash she has in her hand?  Maybe she is going to visit Kingsley, at the trainers?  Or take care of Brooke's dog?

I don't know how often Chad spends time in UCLA but he has been reported to have been under psychiatric in patient care since March, I believe.  He was out and about with the family and Kim was posting pictures of him April 5th and 6th. So I question this TMZ source.

• Love 2

Agreed -- also, alcoholism spreads -- it infects the people closest to the alcoholic, leaving long term damage & often, symptoms of PTSD.   And since we're not living in Don Draper-land, we now know all about the long term cost and impact of alcoholism, so the alcoholic/addict can't claim a lack of knowledge. And in  this case, the alcoholic/addict  can't claim lack of funds or access to care. So basically if I use the disease model with Kim Richards,  I see a rich person infecting innocent people with her disease, and misplaced sympathy that should be going to Kim's victims -- Alexia, the other people bitten by Kingsley, the cop she attacked tonight, the patrons she was harassing at the bar, all the way back to her children, who have likely lived through hell -- all that misplaced emotion is going to Kim.

When Kim Richards gets sober, I'll feel empathy -- and admiration -- then. 

Spot-on.  Wonderfully spoken.  Thank you for writing this. 

• Love 4

Is that a camouflage leash she has in her hand? Maybe she is going to visit Kingsley, at the trainers? Or take care of Brooke's dog?

I don't know how often Chad spends time in UCLA but he has been reported to have been under psychiatric in patient care since March, I believe. He was out and about with the family and Kim was posting pictures of him April 5th and 6th. So I question this TMZ source.

Thanks. I can always count on you for digging up the truth!

• Love 1

From radaronline.com

Ultimatum? ‘RHOBH’ Producers Urging Kim Richards To Go To Rehab — ‘She’s Become A Liability’

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 @ 4:04AM

Things just got a lot more real for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards! After being arrested at the Beverly Hills Hotel Polo Lounge, a source who works in production for Bravo’s hit TV show tells RadarOnline.com exclusively, “Producers are going to give Kim an ultimatum – go to rehab, or else!’

According to the well-connected insider, executives at NBC Universal — the parent company of Bravo — “held an emergency meeting” Thursday afternoon after learning that the 50-year-old reality star had relapsed once again, this time getting arrested and kicking a police officer after an all-night vodka bender.

-snip-

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/rhobh-producers-urge-kim-richards-go-to-rehab/

ETA:

There's also a brief video of Kim walking to her car with reporters asking her questions.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

The two times I called in, it was taped. They first called me in the afternoon (eastern time) to go over what I was going to ask. Then they called me back at 9 p.m. and put me on hold until Andy took my call.

• Love 6

From radaronline.com

I hope it's true but even if she finished 6 months of rehab and came out fresh as a daisy, I still won't watch if she's back.  I don't have any confidence that she can finish so if that truly is an ultimatum by Bravo, I don't worry about her coming back anyway.

• Love 2

That is so weird. Why even pretend it's a live show then?

From radaronline.com

ETA:
There's also a brief video of Kim walking to her car with reporters asking her questions.

This is getting so tiring. What is the point of a Bravo issued ultimatum really? Kim can go to rehab, duck out early, and then continue lying and claiming she is sober when she very clearly is not, just as she has been doing for the last three years. Unless she loses her job for good, I don't see any motivation for her being serious about this.

• Love 3

So who drinks at 10 in the morning?

n alcoholic, that's who.  Shut the fuck up, Kim. We never believed you, and you proved us right.  I'd love it if the court ordered a follicle test on her hair to see what other goodies she's been consuming

Opiates, benzos and pot, for sure.

• Love 5

Bravo and the other PTB for RHoBH are probably the only people who can control Kim and force her into rehab and even force her to do continue working a program after being released rather than having Kim do her own cockamamie form of maintaining sobriety.  The real question is is Kim a valuable enough talent to the franchise for them to do that or are they going to wash their hands of her? 

My initial thought was that the arrest was the best thing for her because a judge will force her to seek treatment over an extended period, but that hope got dashed because it appears that her charges are relatively minor, and I doubt if a judge will bring the hammer down for a drunk and disorderly charge for someone who, as far as I know, does not have a record.

Staying tuned...

• Love 3

Hell Kim has been liability since season 1!  All of sudden now Evolution wants to put their foot down.  If this ROL has any truth, it's their sneaky way of wanting her gone from the show because of the dog biting case.

• Love 2

I think that TMZ article is full of untruths, but the weird thing to me is mentioning her not getting child support. Aren't all her kids over 18?

In the House of Hilton there was an unconfirmed reference that Kim received $23,000.00 a month for life in alimony as long as she did not remarry.  I called BS and I will now-rich people like the Davis' don't give out open ended endowments on a two year marriage.  Yes her last child she received support for is 24 years old.  In doing the math it seems pretty obvious Kim took this gig about the time her child support ran out. 

• Love 5

Hell Kim has been liability since season 1!  All of sudden now Evolution wants to put their foot down.  If this ROL has any truth, it's their sneaky way of wanting her gone from the show because of the dog biting case.

Agreed.  They've been shelving footage of a wasted Kim for years now.  And they've had to make plenty of special accommodations for her drunk ass.  So, if the article is true, which it sounds like a bunch of bull to me, I'd say that they'd want to oust her for the dog and not because she's, once again, un-sober.  

• Love 7

Today's News Flash

Kim Richards Steps Out After Being Arrested for Public Intoxication

kim-richards-4-435.jpg

Kim Richards isn't going to stay out of the public eye.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star was photographed outside her home on Thursday afternoon, just hours after she was arrested for public intoxication.

Richards, 50, was taken into custody earlier that morning after officers responded to "a report of a possible fight" at the Beverly Hills Hotel at around 1:30 a.m.

At the time of her arrest, she "was displaying symptoms of alcohol intoxication including slurred speech and belligerent insolent behavior cursing at the officers and passively resisted arrest," according to a statement from the Beverly Hills Police Department.

Once at the police station, Richards kicked an officer in the leg, though he was uninjured. She was released at about 10:30 a.m. after being charged with public intoxication, trespassing, resisting an officer and battery on a police officer.

A source close to the Richards family told PEOPLE that the reality star has been "acting increasingly out of it. She's been a mess, showing up late to events and social gatherings and acting bizarre or belligerent or both."

Richards previously spent time in a treatment facility for alcohol abuse in 2011 and has insisted on episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills that she's been clean ever since.

Her costars expressed their support for the celeb on Thursday, sharing sweet messages wishing her well on social media.

(I can almost hear Lisa Rinna laughing from here as she says "told ya so")

• Love 5

Alcoholism is a disease.  Lyme's disease is a disease.  Yolanda exhibited some of the effects of Lyme's disease during the reunion.  Kim exhibited some of the effects of alcoholism at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Yolanda has reached a low point.  So has Kim.  Yolanda goes to bed and suffers silently (as far as we know).  Wanting isolation is part of Yolanda's disease since her brain is affected.  Kim suffers publicly, as that is often an offshoot of alcoholism.  So is doing and saying mean things and lying.  Yolanda has said that she would do anything to rid herself of her disease.  Kim is not willing to do anything because her brain is also affected, and most alcoholics would rather drink than suffer more without the alcohol.  Both diseases affect a person mentally and physically. 

How readily and easily we pillory Kim!  Some onlookers are downright gleeful that Kim is going to be made to suffer.  I haven't heard of anyone who is happy to see Yolanda suffer.

Both women are in dire need of help, the sooner the better.  Both of them have my prayers.  So does Kyle, who is in New York because her ill sister says that she feels closer to a tarnished friend than she does to her own sister.  Kyle is in New York because Kim compared her unfavorably with their other sister.  Kyle is hurting.  She doesn't quite realize that both statements were the DISEASE talking, not the feelings of Kim's heart.

Some of the remarks following Kim's arrest suggest that there truly is a difference in outlook between a physical and a mental illness.  In a perfect world, neither woman would suffer.  But the world isn't perfect.  In a perfect world, mental and physical illnesses would be treated with the same compassion.  But the world isn't perfect. 

I suspect Kim will never be sober. There are a lot of people who just can't make it. Very sad.

The difference is that Yolanda is turning over every rock throughout the world to find a cure for her "disease". Kim has refused to do the work needed to treat/cure her "disease". In other words, Yolanda wants to get better and IMO Kim does not.

In fact she is eating rocks.

• Love 9

I don't believe for one minute there was an "emergency meeting".  Frances Berwick probably told PR-no comment the story.  If there were ever a reason for a RH not to return it would have been Kim Richards behavior at the Reunion and dictating what could and could not be talked about.

On that note -rewatching it, Brandi truly does not get that if she or Kim are under the influence on film, act up, hurt others, mouth off and generally misbehave that is a "let's talk about it moment".  Kyle having smoked pot or someone having taken a Xanax on the airplane has nothing to do with Brandi and Kim's moronic under the influence behavior on camera.  What are we going to hear-Lisa Rinna took a Xanax on the plane and fell asleep?  Riveting. c  bnm./b  bbbbbbbbbbb                             It does not make someone a hypocrite for talking about Kim or Brandi's lack of sobriety and under the influence behavior.  Brandi still has gotten into her head that if LvP says something about Rinna, outside the cameras and Rinna's presence and Brandi decides to bring it to light on camera, in a blog, or in Podcast-Brandi is  the one responsible.  I can pretty much tell when Brandi is lying her voice gets more and more high pitched and her accusations increase.

• Love 3