Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Say it ain't so, John Legend got bumped?  And how is he not the first segment?

I cannot watch this show anymore for all of the reasons you guys have stated.  Every time I try, I get annoyed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Readalot said:

I saw John legend this morning. He talked about falling asleep when watching movies, he and mark almost did it together. I think while Kelly and Chrissy were shopping? 

so he didn't get bumped to the next day?  Thank you!

They need a cohost. The revolving door is annoying after awhile . Kelly repeats the same boring stories since the cohost night not have heard it before. Along with the afore mentioned gushing and fake modesty, it's must miss TV!  I read that in some markets , Live was beat by the Today show .

It it seems as though  NBC is beefing up their 9am hours to compete with Live .  Kelly may not want a permanent cohost, but the show is not good without consistency and some relationship between the hosts .

Kelly apparently introduced Fire Island, the new reality show are and Mark are producing . It looked like a typical reality show - something Kelly seems find great entertainment!  It looks pretty explicit.

Kelly apparently told the audience at the premiere of Fire Island that she and Mark came to love Fire Island because they have vacationed their a lot .  It is kind of curious that the place which is called the gay Mecca in the trailer that Kelly and Mark promoted , is a favorite vacation spot of theirs , along with vacationing all of the time with gay males .  Kelly also said she found Mark more desirable in his character as a gay man in the play he was in .  Oh well, whatever works for them - but I would not want my kids to see I produced such an explicit show! 

• Love 2

Have not bothered to watch host chat in a while. It's boring .  I used to always tune in to see guests , bit how the same guests are on other shows, so I rarely bother to watch Kelly "interview " a guest . 

I did read that Kelly mentioned Fire Island on Live, and some of the audience is not happy with the reality TV trailer .

Mark did play a gay man in a play, and Kelly apparently said she never found her husband sexier than when he was kissing Craig Bierko in "Standing On Ceremony."  So, who knows? 

57 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

It looks like they could be announcing the new permanent co-host on tomorrow's show. At least if this post from E!'s website, using a post from Kelly's Instagram page, which was regrammed by the show's Instagram page, as its source is to be believed.

http://m.eonline.com/news/847190/kelly-ripa-teases-live-co-host-announcement-trust-me

And, I have no idea who they're picking. They've had a lot of celebrities co-hosting but I think they were just fillers. I'm actually pretty curious who they have picked or if this is just some stunt.

Saw This: Sources said Ripa’s new a.m. partner will not be any of her most frequent guest hosts during the past year. That would seem to rule out Fred Savage, Jerry O’Connell, Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

I'm betting it's Christian Slater.  They were all over each other, touchy touchy and flirty flirty, when he co-hosted and you know Kelly absolutely loves that.  His Mr. Robot show films in NY.  Just a vibe I got from them.  

52 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I'm betting it's Christian Slater.  They were all over each other, touchy touchy and flirty flirty, when he co-hosted and you know Kelly absolutely loves that.  His Mr. Robot show films in NY.  Just a vibe I got from them.  

You know, I was trying to remember who wasn't on list but was an actor and just hosted. I just couldn't picture him but when he first started hosting I thought he did a great job. I saw some chemistry between the two. I think you might be right. I think they want a name, around the same age & he seemed to enjoy doing it. It's also an easy and a well paying gig. I think you are right. We'll find out tomorrow........

Agree. I had originally thought it would be the no-name teacher guy (because if you can save a $10-12M or so, it's worth it), but I think Kelly and Christian clicked off-screen as much as on-screen.  He brings a Regis-like curmudgeon-ish that the execs may want to feature after Strahan's jocular Happy Talk persona.

I had wondered why no guest co-host was announced in the listings for the next few weeks....So maybe the co-host starts immediately?

Live with Kelly & Christian (likely)

Live with Kelly & Teacher (longshot)

9 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I think its called "sweeps".

And, Kelly is going to need another vacation in the Hamptons this summer. <sarcasm>. That's actually kind of true because if they don't have a host they would need to start pre taping or reruns. They need a a new co-host so someone is always there to host. It's been so long that I really didn't think they would name one. I haven't watched the show in months since none of the celebrity host interested me. I was cancelling my DVR then actually taping. Tomorrow I will be setting the DVR although the announcement will be online seconds later.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Agree. I had originally thought it would be the no-name teacher guy (because if you can save a $10-12M or so, it's worth it), but I think Kelly and Christian clicked off-screen as much as on-screen.  He brings a Regis-like curmudgeon-ish that the execs may want to feature after Strahan's jocular Happy Talk persona.

I had wondered why no guest co-host was announced in the listings for the next few weeks....So maybe the co-host starts immediately?

I totally didn't even think of the no co-host name in my DVR grid. I've been checking the DVR each week to see who the guest co-host was. I've haven't watched in a while since I didn't like the guys she was hosting with. I agree about the teacher guy (he's from my neck of the woods in Philly) since he would come cheap but I think they really need a name. I agree on the likely and the long shot. What I'm worried about is the middle. What if it's someone else? LOL!!!

21 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I wonder what they mean when a source says it isn't one of the people who has co-hosted the most since last year which ruled out Fred, Andy, Anderson and Jerry in their opinion. But wouldn't that, in theory, also rule out Christian who has hosted quite a bit lately?  Or Scott Wolf?  

I still think Christian is a good guess even though it makes the clue confusing.  I can't see it being the teacher and for him to start May 1.  School is still going on and it'd be irresponsible for him to leave now.

2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I wonder what they mean when a source says it isn't one of the people who has co-hosted the most since last year which ruled out Fred, Andy, Anderson and Jerry in their opinion. But wouldn't that, in theory, also rule out Christian who has hosted quite a bit lately?  Or Scott Wolf?  

I still think Christian is a good guess even though it makes the clue confusing.  I can't see it being the teacher and for him to start May 1.  School is still going on and it'd be irresponsible for him to leave now.

OMG! That's who I was thinking of. Thank you irlandesa. I thought it was Slater but I was thinking of Wolf. I think it's him since he just hosted recently. Okay, I'm done guessing. I have a life you know. I have to go to bed. LOL!!!!!

(edited)

Just saw this news everywhere. Reading through everyone else's speculation, I guess Josh Groban is unlikely at this point?

I can’t think of anyone else that I've read has co-hosted that would get me to watch. I like Anderson Cooper and Joel McHale, but doubt I’d deal with Kelly to see them. I’m almost hoping it’s Rob Lowe, considering he always seemed like he was just as much of a narcissist as she is and I'm sure there'd be backstage drama between them, lol.

Edited by TheGreenKnight

I have not really liked a lot of the actors that she has had on a lot hosting. I should rephrase that, I like many of them when they are in their acting roles and most of them seem like fine people, but not wild about them doing the talk show host thing. I am pretty sure I will be disappointed, but I really did not have a favorite among the rotating cohosts.

Did it say that it was specifically a man they were leaning toward? I was wondering if the person joining Kelly could be a woman? Though I would be surprised if they went with a woman. 

• Love 1

Whomever it is, they apparently like a lot of coffee. Kelly's post said they'd need a bigger coffee mug for them. Unfortunately I don't remember who that is/was, but I thought it was meant as a hint as to who it was.

I doubt it'll be Rob Lowe. Though it's got pretty low ratings, & is cancellation fodder, CBS still hasn't announced the fate of Code Black, their medical show which he joined the cast of last season; if it somehow gets renewed, he may still be committed to that (unless they've written him out for other reasons, like they did some original characters between S1 & S2) since his character wan't killed off & didn't leave to work elsewhere before/in the season finale. And he recently announced he & his sons are doing a reality show on A&E, which starts airing in July, The Lowe Files, where they look into unsolved mysteries & supernatural type stuff (which is stuff they're interested in--like the legend of Bigfoot; they've said that was a big thing for them when his sons were growing up). I assume filming for this season's already completed (he & his sons were recently on Ellen to promote it), but if that show got renewed I don't know how amenable ABC/Disney would be to letting him off of Live long enough to film a 2nd season.

I'm kind of shocked of it being Ryan Seacrest. Obviously, he doens't need the money but I thought he was an LA guy. I have always hated him ever since he filled my television with The Kardashian's. I will never forgive him for that and I doubt I'll be watching LIVE anymore. Ugh!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, rcc said:

Now we have TWO phony egomaniacs!

and, RiCH! Although, I think Ryan might even be richer then Kelly. Yeah, he's another phony to add to her Hampton's squad. He has the talent for hosting but I don't want him hosting LIVE.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, RamonaVanderpump said:

I also will not be watching.  I find Seacrest so boring.  I would have preferred Jerry O'Connell and, frankly, they would have saved a lot of money if they had used him.

I aslo can't see him doing those Halloween Specials. He doesn't seem like the funny type of guy to act and dress goofy.

I find Seacrest so boring.

Not only that, he gave us the Kardashians and keeps Jenny McCarthy employed once a year (I have officially stopped watching the New Year Eve's show because of her.)  However he DOES have tons of contacts and a major social media following which the show needs right now especially when they are ready to face off with Megyn Kelly in a few months.  

• Love 2

I don't mind the choice, but I'm a little surprised. I do have to wonder if it was Kelly's choice or if someone from ABC made the final decision. It's a good choice in that he can reign her in a bit (she would have steamrolled over Jerry O'Connell or some of the other guest hosts) and when she's gone, he will be a solid anchor to carry the show with a guest host. When is Kelly's contract up? They might want a strong male host in case things don't work out with Kelly in the future. 

• Love 7

I think Live With Kelly picked Ryan because they believe they would have serious competition with Megyn Kelly when her new show premieres on NBC at the same time in September, so they wanted a really strong and experienced person.  They knew Kelly Ripa couldn't compete by herself or with a lightweight.   It won't take him long to be the dominant one.

• Love 13

Ryan's an interesting choice because he's far more successful than Kelly and he's so busy. The name of the show should be Live with Ryan & Kelly. 

I think they picked someone that could carry the show on his own, perhaps Kelly will be taking more time off since Mark is in LA most of the time these days? Or she has future plans to step away and then it'll be Ryan & new co-host. 

He for sure does't come cheap, he's usually the executive producer of himself and for him to travel weekly back & forth they had to make it worth his while. 

• Love 3

I am totally fine with the choice.  Ryan is very seasoned and confident which anyone who sits next to Kelly needs to be or you KNOW what will happen.  He's actually a bigger name than Kelly -- seen more, done more, made more $$ I suspect.  I'm surprised that he would take the job, but I actually really like Ryan. 

• Love 2

He has so much more, and there is so much involved with him moving bo-costal that he needed a whole team to broker this deal.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ryan-seacrest-tapped-as-live-kelly-host-998784?utm_source=twitter

The move isn’t without complications, however. Seacrest has long been based in Los Angeles, where he not only oversees a production company but also hosts a local and national syndicated daily radio show. Though Ryan Seacrest Productions and Ryan Seacrest Enterprises will stay put in L.A., he will relocate to New York, where he’ll transition his radio work. The latter collectively reaches nearly 35 million monthly, which is why a brand-new iHeartRadio studio has been readied for him at New York’s ABC7, home of Live with Kelly and Ryan. He’ll also continue hosting red carpet specials for the Oscars, Grammys and Golden Globes on E! as well as ABC’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, among other series. Seacrest's other efforts, including the series he produces (Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Shades of Blues), his fashion collection (Ryan Seacrest Distinction) and his entrepreneurial and philanthropic pursuits will continue unchanged.

The deal was brokered by a team that included Hansen Jacobsen, CAA and top executives from Ryan Seacrest Enterprises, COO/CFO Jeff Refold and President Kelly Mullens Brown.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

He for sure does't come cheap, he's usually the executive producer of himself and for him to travel weekly back & forth they had to make it worth his while. 

That's exactly why he wasn't on my short list, I for sure thought the producers were going to cut corners and look for someone NY based.

• Love 1

I took this off my DVR quite awhile back but just put it back on this morning, I am willing to give Ryan a try.  I am not opposed this choice.  He can carry the show on his own and equally important, he is fluent in pop culture and current media news.  He can contribute more than a guest who just takes Kelly's lead.  

• Love 3

Ryan also got an Exec Producer credit as part of the deal, besides keeping his other jobs, And he'll spend 4 days a week in NYC doing the show (since Fridays are pretaped) & 3 days in LA; he's not moving full time to NYC.

I'm not crazy about Seacrest, but he's very capable, can handle all aspects of the show & more than makes up for what Kelly lacks.  I'm thinking he "doesn't suffer fools" & won't listen to her "stories" more than once.  Just hopin'.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

And he'll spend 4 days a week in NYC doing the show (since Fridays are pretaped) & 3 days in LA; he's not moving full time to NYC.

Right, I'm sure he'll arrive in NYC an hour before taping on Monday morning, and will be back on the plane Thursday at noon!

(edited)

Months ago, I remember reading that ABC was considering ditching the whole show and doing another hour of GMA. I guess following the "today" model?

Not sure which would have been worse. 

Edited by seasons
20 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Right, I'm sure he'll arrive in NYC an hour before taping on Monday morning, and will be back on the plane Thursday at noon!

I hate that they pre-taped shows for Fridays. The whole point of LIVE (back in the day) was what they did the night before and the morning headlines. Now, they do canned stories and polls about stupid subjects. They get paid millions of dollars and they can't even work 5 days a week for an hour.

• Love 4

My first reaction when I heard Seacrest was the new co-host, was oooh Kelly you'd better watch yourself.  I don't think the producers have forgotten about her little hissy fit when Strahan left.  She acted totally unprofessionally (no matter if she thought she was owed the head's up first); show business is a tough business.  People are slighted all the time.  You pull your big girl panties up and get on with it.  She made herself look petty by her actions.

I know I'd seen it posted that she had become quite the diva, really didn't want a permanent co-host.  So why now?  Yeah she probably has vacation time coming up, but they could have semi permanent fill in hosts.  I think it was initially that they gave Kelly a vote in who would be the new co-host and she vetoed them all, wanting to be queen bee.  Producers or management got tired of her, and said we'll just get a heavy hitter, end of story. I think the first time she tries to pull shit with the producers, she's gone.  They've got a name now to replace her. They can come up with how she left for family reasons, husband filming in LA all the time, kids need her, etc.  Also possible they've heard gossip of how she's looking for other jobs?

I don't see how Seacrest can do this and his other jobs (I did read where they're building him a studio for his LA radio show in NYC).  I guess American Idol revival is dead for now?  Guess he could do days off around AI if it was resurrected.  Not sure why he'd want this show.  Producers must've thrown buckets of money at him.

I bet all the people who "auditioned" to be a co-host over and over again feel foolish.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I hate that they pre-taped shows for Fridays. The whole point of LIVE (back in the day) was what they did the night before and the morning headlines. Now, they do canned stories and polls about stupid subjects. They get paid millions of dollars and they can't even work 5 days a week for an hour.

I don't remember the first to do it, it might've been David Letterman's show, but once 1 show started pretaping Friday shows as a rule, pretty much all the others followed suit. And yeah, I agree the whole point of a live talk show is to be topical. Now, if something major happens after Thursday's live show it won't be mentioned on the show until at least the following Monday, especially depending on what day Friday's show's actually taped (sometimes it's earlier than Thursday), while the shows that tape to air the same day can still be topical.

I forgot this was the real reason I came to post. Richard Curtis (the "regular guy" co-host candidate) thanked his supporters after Ryan was named Kelly's new co-host today.

http://people.com/tv/live-kelly-ripa-fan-favorite-richard-curtis-thanks-supporters-after-ryan-seacrest-pick/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag