Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It appears that hyperkinetic, wants-the-job-too-much, hasn't-done-squat-since-he-was-a-pre-teen, yet-managed-to-steal-a-supermodel-away-from-Uncle-Jessie Jerry O'Connell got the co-host gig for the (likely) mostly pre-taped 2016 Live (?) Halloween Special.  At least that is what the listings are showing.  Obviously, he is not my fave (and his selection as permanent co-host would send me from watching this show after 28 years). 

The theme is allegedly the election, so we can expect Kelly Trump and Jerry Pantsuit. The election hasn't really spawned too many personalities, and I can't imagine them going Megyn Kelly, Bill Clinton, or Anthony Weiner. And the real Tim Harmonica Kaine and Mike Hate The Gays Pence could show up and not even be recognized.  I suspect the Red Sweater Guy will get lampooned (harpooned?).  And no doubt that Kelly has been dying to do (an impression of) Anderson Cooper.  Would they even dare try a debate skit after SNL nailed all three so well?

Maybe instead of endless costume changes, they will do Trump and Hillary for most of the show and just have some pre-taped non-election segments.

• Love 1

I haven't watched this show in a looooooong time. I tuned in during the last half to see some of the costumes. It made me start thinking about how the show started off with Regis and Kathie Lee and is now The Kellmeeee Show. 

• Love 1

I actually like Jerry O'Connell.   I was not happy with the idea of hyper and very desperate Fred Savage.  His desperation was kind of sad.    I just hope he can handle Kelly's ego and nasty side if heaven forbid he does something she hasn't approved of in advance!   

When I see the pictures of Regis and Kathie Lee, I am reminded how Kelly who kissed up to Regis, and acted like the ultimate brown noser for years, still hasn't spoken to him since he left the show. Also, her nasty treatment of Michael shows who she really is, in spite of her phony, so so nice, fake persona!

• Love 2

That was a hot mess.  They had all those celebs, and the entire thing was horrid.  And seriously, Chelsea Clinton played by Art Moore?

Why does anyone think Art Moore should play a woman, it is horrible any way you look at it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Why does anyone think Art Moore should play a woman, it is horrible any way you look at it.

It's annual tradition that goes back at least a decade or two. He hasnt really rocked the moment since his inspired dizzying Wonder Woman ensemble.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I haven't watched this show in a looooooong time. I tuned in during the last half to see some of the costumes. It made me start thinking about how the show started off with Regis and Kathie Lee and is now The Kellmeeee Show. 

I watched Regis and Kathie Lee in the 80s.  The Today version was not all that great, though Hoda got in a few lines mocking precious Cody and Cassidy that were funny.  And handing out Kathie Lee cassettes.  I wonder if the KLG brought them in from storage. Also proved that Regis really can only handle about 90 seconds of airtime, if that.  I am surprised the ABC Syndication lawyers let this happen.

Wow that was a hot mess of a Halloween show!  I think they need to stop trying to do their awful skits and just dress up for most of the show.    

First of all, they stole the "Family  Feud" idea from SNL who did a great job with the Clintons and Trump family.    Kelly's Trump impression was awful, along with Jerry's awful Hillary impression. Why do they need to have scrawny kelly playing a man? It looked stupid and her hair was white.   Art Moore as Ivanka and Chelsea was just odd.  

The Spice Girl thing was not funny, neither was the Bachelor skit.  (Didn't they do that the last time they were looking for a co-host , or some other time?)

The Hamilton opening was ok, the back up dancers and singers made it tolerable.  Jerry was actually not bad.  Did we need to hear the "kelly Ripa" song ? 

I think they have done way better Halloween shows in the past - like before Regis left. Now it just seems like a way for Kelly to do horrible imitations and try to look hot, when she has the body of a 12 year old boy.   Kelly as Beyonce ? Seriously?  

I actually think the Today show did a better job with their 90's theme.   I thought Hoda as Kathie Lee was pretty funny.   

Live was just all over the place and it was a mess.     The only good thing is that we didn't have to see Miley Ripa again, humping the men on the show like she did a few years ago!

I actually went to their facebook page to see comments, and it looks like "visitor" posts are not working. I wonder if they turned off that option.

• Love 4

That Halloween Show was pretty bad, and I have usually liked them in the past.   The song with Kelly's name in place of Hamilton was nauseating! She really doesn't need her ego to be any bigger!

The show is just so dull now. I wonder if "producer" Kelly had a lot of input with the Halloween show.    I did see her on snap chat trying to learn her lines of of big cue cards, and it was pretty funny.

Since Michael left the ratings are going down.   They went from being number 12 to number 17 last week.  I can't say I feel bad for Kelly.  I almost did feel some sympathy for her at first during the Michael situation, but then she got rude and nasty, and her behavior on screen was horrible to him.  How does a woman at 46 think that acting like an insulting teen is somehow the way to handle a problem with a co-worker?  Maybe it's because she hasn't had to look for a job  since she was a teen, so she hasn't grown up and learned to not be a spoiled brat. Whatever it is- I think that the show is pretty boring and awful now, and I also think that what goes around, comes around, and Kelly's mean girl behavior will someday come back to bite her, and I don't think Disney will care about her, since she also acted pretty childish in public when trying to embarrass them over getting months of notice about a co-worker leaving the show!

• Love 4

That was not a very good Hallow-meeeeee Show.  

I did enjoy that the Hamilton cast made some very good coin, for very little work, though.  I doubt Disney would have approved that expense before the big kerfuffle.   Kelly is now an EP, right?!  I also wonder abut the size of the marketing budget for the looming host announcement.  You know good and darn well that she will be watching to make good and darn sure it's a lot.  Disney will be walking a fine line with this.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Kelly is now an EP, right?!  I also wonder abut the size of the marketing budget for the looming host announcement.  You know good and darn well that she will be watching to make good and darn sure it's a lot.

Isn't this show's production budget notoriously cheap?  I always thought her EP title was honorific.  The host announcement will probably be handled by one of Gellman's social media savvy interns.

• Love 1

I watched today because Donnie Wahlberg was on (though he got muted whenever he talked about his wife who I cannot stand) and I didn't recognize Vince Vaughn at all.  Not sure it was a good thing.

As for the potential co hosts, I never seen the "Average Guy" hoss but I'm guessing it will be Jerry (who I can take in small doses) with Christian Slater a close second based on the frequent returns.  I wouldn't mind Josh Groban as well but the less said about Fred the better.

2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

As for the potential co hosts, I never seen the "Average Guy" hoss but I'm guessing it will be Jerry (who I can take in small doses) with Christian Slater a close second based on the frequent returns.  I wouldn't mind Josh Groban as well but the less said about Fred the better.

Well then, it's gotta be Jerry, because Christian Slater's career is going through a mini-renaissance right now with Mr. Robot, and Groban is currently on Broadway.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Isn't this show's production budget notoriously cheap?  I always thought her EP title was honorific.  The host announcement will probably be handled by one of Gellman's social media savvy interns.

Exactly my point as to Disney being penurious.  I believe she has taken an unusually active role as EP, though.   The Hamilton cast being a piece of evidence to that.  She so mistrusts everyone that I just don;t see her not taking far more production meetings than an honorific EP would.  YMMV.  

Kellmeee is also well aware they have saved Michael's multi-million dollar salary.  She will demand they spend some of that on promotion.

• Love 1

Kelly's boring stories over and over since we have a revolving co-host door!  I read somewhere that she did not want to rush the search and enjoys the changing co-hosts. Of course she does!   Now she can be the center of attention with no one competing for fans as a regular co-host.  She can also make her fake gushing comments over the co-hosts, so that she receives similar compliments, and then puts on the fake modesty act when they say how "beautiful' she is!    It's not surprising that ratings are going down.  Speaking of that,  she sure is showing her age for someone who is constantly botoxed.  

Once again we not only heard Kelly make her mom sound psycho, but say it in a way that makes her sound like she needs a shrink to get her past her anger. If her mom has problems, it's weird that a 46 year old woman like Kelly would not know enough to realize that she shouldn't be mocking her on tv, and also carrying around anger like a silly teenager.

• Love 4

snowydaze, I was going to say the EXACT things you brought up!  Kelly sure has mommy issues - hopefully, she will seek professional help because it seems to becoming more of a problem.   As a mother, I would be horrified if my daughter would criticize me in a mean-spirited way on national tv - whether it was deserved or not.   We all joke about family in a loving and fun way, but her rantings aren't in that spirit.  

Not sure if she is well or what, but recently she has looked extremely thin and old and her hair has huge gaps which is surprising since they have professionals that prep her. 

• Love 1

Hmm . . . sounds like Kelly may have just let something slip on this morning's show. The winner (Richard Curtis, I think his name is) of the co-host contest is on again. They were talking about his daughter and Kelly said something to the effect of wait until you go on one of our Disney remotes with us . . . 

• Love 2

yes beryl57, I heard that too and wondered if she let something slip.  First time in a long time I'm seeing any of the show and have to say she looked a little different.  Her hair looked a different color, particularly by the root line.  Some gray showing but the next two or so inches looked a very different color blonde. And her eyebrows are very dark.....I guess she's changing things up for the change of season?  Also noticed her face looked just a wee bit tighter.  

I thought the teacher was ok, not sure that I'd like a steady diet of him but I think TPTB would consider the $$ they'd be saving and also the fact that their primadonna would only have to worry about fitting her ginormous ego through the door each morning, lol.

• Love 2

I think he's a great cohost for Kelly. He's personable, is an unknown so that allows for lots of little reveals about his interests and skills (compared to a celeb cohost, who would be an open book), and he seems very grateful for the opportunity so not likely to jump ship. Plus Kelly is definitely the star, with Richard as the second banana, a hierarchy I agree she prefers. 

He would be way cheaper than a big name celeb, so it's really win-win all around.

• Love 2

Richard was personable,  but he's not a NAME, and he's not quite that young to appeal/relate to younger stars--which they need since Kell is getting up there.  Jussie was good. 

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Totally agree Medicine Crow!  I also loved Ali Wentworth, now there would be a good co-host with Kelly.

Oh yes, absolutely ... I've always been a fan of hers, although I think the Kelly/Ali combo wouldn't work that well for a multitude of reasons, #1 being Kelly's ego.

Could Kelly & Andy interrupted Robert Wagner any more?  Gawd.  I love him & was anxiously awaiting every pearl of wisdom, but they cut him off mid-sentence.  I'll have to re-watch tonight to confirm, but I was disappointed with that interview.

Kelly & Andy are (super rich) BFF's. We get it! We get it! Today's host chat was so obnoxious. "Oh, Sweety". "You are the best.....at everything!" "No, you are the best at everything". I think I'm going to hurl. Rant over.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

We are midway through November, are they ever going to get a permanent co-host?

It seemed more urgent before but now they don't seem in a rush. I think they like having all the different people from the entertainment & sport world. Even now, I don't know who the front runner is. I thought they would have a "winner" by November sweeps. Maybe, by next sweeps which is February, May and July. 

20 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Could Kelly & Andy interrupted Robert Wagner any more?  Gawd.  I love him & was anxiously awaiting every pearl of wisdom, but they cut him off mid-sentence.  I'll have to re-watch tonight to confirm, but I was disappointed with that interview.

Just watched it this morning Medicine Crow, Kelly and Andy are a lot alike, talkers, not listeners.  I even felt bad for Andy's mother.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just watched it this morning Medicine Crow, Kelly and Andy are a lot alike, talkers, not listeners.  I even felt bad for Andy's mother.

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

OT, but, I think Jimmy Fallon is the worst overtalker and interrupter.  He shouldn't even bother having guests.  Sorry about going OT.

That's one thing I miss about Michael. Sure, he was a great talker, but he also listened to guests--and to Kelly. Or at least he was very good at pretending to listen. I don't remember him interrupting much, but he always managed to get his points in. Maybe that comes from years of experience on the CBS (?) NFL Pre-game/Half-time shows with passionate ex-football players and coaches. And he's good on the GMA panel, too. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, topanga said:

That's one thing I miss about Michael. Sure, he was a great talker, but he also listened to guests--and to Kelly. Or at least he was very good at pretending to listen. I don't remember him interrupting much, but he always managed to get his points in. Maybe that comes from years of experience on the CBS (?) NFL Pre-game/Half-time shows with passionate ex-football players and coaches. And he's good on the GMA panel, too. 

Michael's a football analyst for Fox, not CBS.

Wow this show is just a crap fest !  The ratings are down,  and it's easy to see why.

i am sure Kelly's ego is loving the fact that it's Live with Kelly - and no one else . But, watching her repeat her same stories for months since the cohosts don't know her , along with fishing for compliments while she stares at herself in the monitor is about as bad as it gets . I am sure she likes the fact that she doesn't have a popular co-host taking attention from her,  but reality is, she is not capable of attracting the same ratings alone .

I read that Kelly , now an executive producer , didn't want to get a cohost quickly , so she has this parade of guest hosts . I wonder how long TPTB will let this go on .  

• Love 7

She is "single-handedly" driving this show into the ground ... old stories, fake responses, over-the-top vanity & an over-blown opinion of just how smart she really is!!!  I can only watch when "she" has a guest that I like & hope she doesn't "take over" with her need to "compare" their stories to hers.  Blech!!!

Happy Thanksgiving from an envious Canadian poster.  (Turkey, stuffing, etc. ... YUM!)

• Love 6

I wonder what happened to the new co-host announcement during November sweeps?  Could Kelmee have that large of an ego that she put that on hold with her new power as EP?  Very interesting change of plans.  I can't even imagine who the front runner could possible be now.  For the longest time, I thought Fred Savage had it in the bag, then it looked like Jerry had the edge, now I don't know.  Could she possibly be waiting to see if Mark's "Pitch" is picked up for another season??  If not, could she be angling for him to sit next to her?  

• Love 1

Apparently,  Kelly's bruised ego is playing a big part in the co-host drama.   She made sure Michael was kicked out early.  Now she is supposedly not into picking a co-host too quickly. I am sure she is loving the "Live with Kelly" title.  She doesn't have to share attention with someone more popular than she is with the audience - like Michael.     Funny thing is, the ratings are going down, she is no longer the "top talker" for any recent weeks.  

I doubt ABC will do anything and risk another tantrum from Kelly, who acts like she's working in a sweat shop making   25 cents and hour, without a union if they dare cross her and do something she doesn't like!

I can imagine that ABC/Disney will get revenge on Kelly some day for her silly antics toward them during the Michael situation.  Ratings and money talk, so does youth. She is getting older, and she can't keep the ratings high by herself.  Someday it will be interesting to see her behavior she has shown Regis and Michael come back to affect her during contract negotiations.  She is closer to 50 than 40 right now,  and she knows more than anyone that they want a young demographic.  She never let Regis forget how "old" he was when she would be very disrespectful to him.

Speaking of youth, What is going on with Kelly lately?   Her hair looks like it's thinning and like she's not coloring it regularly.   I wonder if was damaged by some treatment, or if it's just getting burned out from all of the bleach.   

• Love 3

Kelly showed a nice family portrait taken on Thanksgiving Day. I will say that Kelly & Mark have beautiful and as far I know nice children. The two oldest are taller then their parents and their youngest is getting there too. They appear to have done a good job raising them with all of her amazing wealth. Their oldest is studying film in college out West. I'm pretty sure he will be carrying on the family name in the entertainment business. 

• Love 2