Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/8/2017 at 11:06 PM, ByaNose said:

When Seth Myers came out I was like that's who they should have picked. Granted, he doesn't need or want the job but that's the direction the show should have gone in.

And they maybe(?) had the chance back when they were doing the guest hosting thing after Regis left before they chose Michael.  Seth was on SNL at the time and I'm not sure if he was serious about doing a morning show but he did guest host quite a bit and was good. He was used to live TV, kept the show running on time, was silly enough to try anything and was witty enough to make simple stories about everyday life amusing.  Now he has his late night show and I can't imagine not having his A Closer Look segments but I do wonder if they regret not choosing him when they were first searching. 

If he wanted it, that is.  Maybe he never intended to do this show.  I think Josh Groban hosted quite a bit back then and I knew he'd never do it. 

Ryan is competent and I like him in many contexts but he's not surprising.

I've seen a couple of news articles that say Kelly had no idea it would be Ryan, that she wanted someone not quite as famous as Ryan and that the whole American Idol plan is unsettling to her.  Kind of like she's lost her footing and Ryan is now the top dog. 

Also saw a ridiculous item about her best bud, Andy Cohen, sending a warning to Ryan to not underestimate Kelly or some such nonsense.  The way it was worded seemed to be a veiled threat, really adolescent behavior, like mean girls in the playground giving ultimatums on behalf of their queen bee. 

So ridiculous.

• Love 3

We love Seth and a Closer Look, too, but I think I read an article about the time he was guest hosting that Lorne always had the night time show as a plan for Seth and that was moving forward.  

There show will be in Niagra Falls..not sure when,

June 5&6. The June 5th show will broadcast live, and then they will tape a second show to air on the 6th.

Of course they will be on the Canadian side because it's way better. ?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Shermie said:

June 5&6. The June 5th show will broadcast live, and then they will tape a second show to air on the 6th.

Of course they will be on the Canadian side because it's way better. ?

Back in the day, they used to do a whole week on location. They stopped going on location with Michael. I guess it's a budget thing but they pay Kelly over $20 Million so you'd think they could afford the trips. I remember when they went Bamf Canada and Hawaii. The show was so good then. I barely watch it now.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Back in the day, they used to do a whole week on location. They stopped going on location with Michael. I guess it's a budget thing but they pay Kelly over $20 Million so you'd think they could afford the trips. I remember when they went Bamf Canada and Hawaii. The show was so good then. I barely watch it now.

LOL.  It's spelled Banff & it's a one hour drive from where I live in Calgary.  (If you haven't been there, you're missing lots.  Google it!!)

• Love 4
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

LOL.  It's spelled Banff & it's a one hour drive from where I live in Calgary.  (If you haven't been there, you're missing lots.  Google it!!)

Darn! Spellcheck failed me again. :-(

I remember when the soap Another World filmed there. It was beautiful.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've seen Banff on It Figures with Charlene Prickett and it looks spectacular.  Hasn't the Live show been there before?

(edited)

Ryan's so much more powerful than her that she can't pull her stunts with him. I also found it interesting that he's a Grammy chairman and this week they also announced the Grammy's will return to NYC. Everything is coming to him in NY.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Yes, they went there in 2012. 

Take the lead from women, we don't get our hair cut in the newest style if it doesn't look good on us

How I wish that were true! Look at that godawful trendy cut that I call the backwards mullet. It looks like a bob from the front and has short layers in the back. It's hideous and I see it a LOT, esp on young moms. It looks fine from the front, but if they could only see how awful they look from the back and the side.

• Love 2
On 5/9/2017 at 7:09 PM, MzTori77 said:

Exhibit A: This is all one needs to see to know that Kelly has a problem.

https://goo.gl/images/AiukqI

What is disturbing and sad is  that the media pushes females who look more and more prepubescent.  They don't have hair  "down there", as Kelly would say, and their bodies look like they are still pre-teen.  It's almost like the more equal women get in other areas of life, the more they are pushed to look like children and where size "0",  so they are less threatening.

The other disturbing thing is Kelly's obvious need to either inform us of how much she works out, or how much she eats.  Her little statement on how Google search automatically goes to "how many calories are in....".   Yeah right Kelly, it's not that you are looking for that in previous searches. 

• Love 5

Thin is fine, but, what annoys me is that Kelly doesn't seem to be authentic about her body.  She is not naturally a thin person. That is clear from her old photographs and film.   During her youth and when she was on All My Children, she appeared to be average size.  Later, she dropped a lot of weight and remained much thinner. So, when she describes her own physique as that of a teen boy, I think it's disingenuous.  

I recall once on her show that she almost had a meltdown, because she had eaten some Goldfish crackers.  OMG.  You would have thought that she committed some cardinal sin.  It was so off the top and like she had to pay penance or run a couple of miles.   Honestly, how do you just ignore stuff like that?  It's unfortunate. I feel for her and her family.

• Love 7

Dropped by to see how things are going, after reading that Kelly may not be too thrilled with Ryan.  Is she really happy with anyone?  I know that she likes Andy C. and Anderson C, but, anyone else?  I read that she no longer speaks to Regis. ( I don't buy the reason that is given for that.)

50 minutes ago, snowydaze said:

What is disturbing and sad is  that the media pushes females who look more and more prepubescent.  They don't have hair  "down there", as Kelly would say, and their bodies look like they are still pre-teen.  It's almost like the more equal women get in other areas of life, the more they are pushed to look like children and where size "0",  so they are less threatening.

The other disturbing thing is Kelly's obvious need to either inform us of how much she works out, or how much she eats.  Her little statement on how Google search automatically goes to "how many calories are in....".   Yeah right Kelly, it's not that you are looking for that in previous searches. 

I caught that remark about Google searching calories. It's really sad.

I know Kelly works out like a fiend, and goes to Soul Cycle classes all the time, but I just recently heard her mention that she takes a dance class every day. Every day! When is she ever home? I guess she gets home in time to not eat dinner and spend a little time with her family. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thin is fine, but, what annoys me is that Kelly doesn't seem to be authentic about her body.  She is not naturally a thin person. That is clear from her old photographs and film.   During her youth and when she was on All My Children, she appeared to be average size.  Later, she dropped a lot of weight and remained much thinner. So, when she describes her own physique as that of a teen boy, I think it's disingenuous.  

I recall once on her show that she almost had a meltdown, because she had eaten some Goldfish crackers.  OMG.  You would have thought that she committed some cardinal sin.  It was so off the top and like she had to pay penance or run a couple of miles.   Honestly, how do you just ignore stuff like that?  It's unfortunate. I feel for her and her family.

Disingenuous is the perfect description. 

• Love 3
On 5/4/2017 at 2:32 PM, wings707 said:

This is back on my DRV!  Ryan just may take over this show in time.  He could even do it without a partner.  I sense this is morphing into something better before my very eyes!  

I think he will do this show, and be back on AI. I think its a done deal, and I think Kelly knows. 

On 5/9/2017 at 5:11 PM, rcc said:

"Amazing bikini body" I think not.

You need to see Natalie Portman, she makes Kelly look huge! okay, maybe not huge..

2 hours ago, F. M. said:

I think he will do this show, and be back on AI. I think its a done deal, and I think Kelly knows. 

I posted about Ryan taking over Kelly Live before the announcement AI was coming back.  I know damn well Ryan will be part of it!   No use in his being coy.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

...  It's unfortunate. I feel for her and her family.

I've always thought that she's afraid she'll lose her husband if she "gets fat" after pregnancies & menopause.  He may or may not feel that way, but it really does seem as if she believes he does.  She was a beautiful young woman with a lovely figure & it's sad to see her become so grotesque, which can't be healthy.  I wish that people who love her could get through to her, like an intervention with alcoholics or other addicts.  More to be pitied than scorned, as my mother used to say.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, 3pwood said:

I've always thought that she's afraid she'll lose her husband if she "gets fat" after pregnancies & menopause.  He may or may not feel that way, but it really does seem as if she believes he does.  She was a beautiful young woman with a lovely figure & it's sad to see her become so grotesque, which can't be healthy.  I wish that people who love her could get through to her, like an intervention with alcoholics or other addicts.  More to be pitied than scorned, as my mother used to say.

Here's how I feel about this.  I agree Kelly looks ridiculous.  She has some kind of addiction to being super skinny, it started on AMC, and then when she came to Live, Gelman introduced her to fitness as a way to achieve that, not just starving.  And she embraced that, and this where now are. 

As a not super skinny person currently (and maybe I only was once or twice in my life, heh!), I don't see why it's okay to fret about her or judge her, when we as a society have said, you cannot dis fat people.  It just seems like a bit of hypocrisy.  Again, I personally think she looks terrible, and I think she probably has a real issue.  But if she were overweight, I don't think it would be deemed okay to criticize her.  Not saying that overweight people are not criticized, I get that.  I have been, so I really get that.  It just seems a double standard to me.  Ultimately, she is living her life the way she sees fit.  I do think her asshole husband had something to do with this, plus being on TV.

Now, I fully am on board with dissing every disingenuous, fakity fake fakey drivel that comes out of her mouth.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2017 at 0:19 PM, ByaNose said:

I heard a rumor on the radio, which they  must have read somewhere and may not be true, that one of the ways they hoped to cut production costs on the new AI is to have all the auditions take place in one place---Disney World.  You better bet if that happens and Ryan is hosting, Live will hit the road again.

23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Interesting but I don't think AI could be part of Ryan's deal because ABC didn't have AI when they hired Ryan.  They wanted it but other networks were involved in the negotiation.

And I don't know if Kelly would take issue with Ryan doing outside projects.  I didn't get the sense that was her problem with Michael since he was doing NFL Sunday before he started on Live.  Rather, she didn't like that ABC would devalue Live by "stealing" one of the elements that made it successful after Regis left to buoy another morning property.  Ryan would still be able to do Live if he were to do AI. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, bannana said:

Here's how I feel about this.  I agree Kelly looks ridiculous.  She has some kind of addiction to being super skinny, it started on AMC, and then when she came to Live, Gelman introduced her to fitness as a way to achieve that, not just starving.  And she embraced that, and this where now are. 

As a not super skinny person currently (and maybe I only was once or twice in my life, heh!), I don't see why it's okay to fret about her or judge her, when we as a society have said, you cannot dis fat people.  It just seems like a bit of hypocrisy.  Again, I personally think she looks terrible, and I think she probably has a real issue.  But if she were overweight, I don't think it would be deemed okay to criticize her.  Not saying that overweight people are not criticized, I get that.  I have been, so I really get that.  It just seems a double standard to me.  Ultimately, she is living her life the way she sees fit.  I do think her asshole husband had something to do with this, plus being on TV.

Now, I fully am on board with dissing every disingenuous, fakity fake fakey drivel that comes out of her mouth.

I agree!!

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

I posted about Ryan taking over Kelly Live before the announcement AI was coming back.  I know damn well Ryan will be part of it!   No use in his being coy.  

We'll see, I think if he does both, she will need to continue.

Edited by F. M.
(edited)

I think the difference between dissing a heavy person and talking about Kelly's situation is that Kelly keeps saying how far she is and how her clothing is bursting if she supposedly eats a meal. She also constantly acts like she's eating so much, especially fatty, greasy and sugary food .

Also, Kelly constantly looking  for the "beautiful "  comments when she says how fat or  bloated she supposedly looks . 

it would be as if a very heavy actress sat around saying how she worked out and never eats and somehow is over 250 lbs .

Also, both very thin and very heavy are not healthy, but Kelly and other skeletal women are held up as the ideal beauties . That is not Kelly's fault. But she does act like teen girl obsessed with being  size zero and putting down her body constantly .

Kelly will soon be 50, that doesn't mean she has to be a certain weight  . But, it just is sad and annoying to see her obsession with putting down her boney  body as being "fat",  pretending she eats all day, and also needing her fragile ego to be boosted based on how skinny she can get .

I feel sorry for any girls who are being raised by women who seem to need to look like preteens and also put down their own bodies all the time.  Kelly seems to be a good mom in many ways, but the way she speaks and acts about her own body is not a great thing  for Lola, as it's not a great thing when any parent puts such importance on looks, and seems to be unable to accept their own body .  Also, if she thinks she is far and mocks her own body, it's kind of inderectly putting down any woman who is not s size zero.

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 6
On 5/10/2017 at 7:15 AM, finnzup said:

I've seen a couple of news articles that say Kelly had no idea it would be Ryan, that she wanted someone not quite as famous as Ryan and that the whole American Idol plan is unsettling to her.  Kind of like she's lost her footing and Ryan is now the top dog. 

Also saw a ridiculous item about her best bud, Andy Cohen, sending a warning to Ryan to not underestimate Kelly or some such nonsense.  The way it was worded seemed to be a veiled threat, really adolescent behavior, like mean girls in the playground giving ultimatums on behalf of their queen bee. 

So ridiculous.

Andy Cohen is ridiculous at times !  If he means Ryan shouldn't underestimate how nasty , petty, and vengeful Kelly can be, he is right . But after Kelly's public hissy fit , I doubt anyone with a brain at ABC, or Ryan are expecting that Kelly would not act like a spoiled, nasty brat , and make them look like the monsters if she feels threatened.

The fact that ABC paid mega bucks for Ryan and put him in the chair next to a supposedly experienced cohost, shows they no eay are under estimating how   difficult Kelly can be with someone she can feels above in the cohost chair, or if she feels slighted . 

Also,  Kelly is so so fake with her  non stop gushing and complimenting of Ryan . It's so obvious she is overcompensating for her insecurities.

it is great seeing Ryan and not some butt kissing newbie having to walk on eggs with executive producer " Kelly!  She showed ABC twice how she will be vengeful and rude to cohosts when she feels in control. It is so entertaining watching her grovel at Ryan and not be the big cheese !

Bravo to ABC for giving nasty Kelly her consequences, but not playing into her hands so she can play victim!  Instead of her being butt kissed, she is now doing it to make sure more powerful Ryan doesn't take over ! She so deserves this ! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, snowydaze said:

I think the difference between dissing a heavy person and talking about Kelly's situation is that Kelly keeps saying how far she is and how her clothing is bursting if she supposedly eats a meal. She also constantly acts like she's eating so much, especially fatty, greasy and sugary food .

Also, Kelly constantly looking  for the "beautiful "  comments when she says how fat or  bloated she supposedly looks . 

it would be as if a very heavy actress sat around saying how she worked out and never eats and somehow is over 250 lbs .

Also, both very thin and very heavy are not healthy, but Kelly and other skeletal women are held up as the ideal beauties . That is not Kelly's fault. But she does act like teen girl obsessed with being  size zero and putting down her body constantly .

Kelly will soon be 50, that doesn't mean she has to be a certain weight  . But, it just is sad and annoying to see her obsession with putting down her boney  body as being "fat",  pretending she eats all day, and also needing her fragile ego to be boosted based on how skinny she can get .

I feel sorry for any girls who are being raised by women who seem to need to look like preteens and also put down their own bodies all the time.  Kelly seems to be a good mom in many ways, but the way she speaks and acts about her own body is not a great thing  for Lola, as it's not a great thing when any parent puts such importance on looks, and seems to be unable to accept their own body .  Also, if she thinks she is far and mocks her own body, it's kind of inderectly putting down any woman who is not s size zero.

Wow, you said it all perfectly! I wanted to reply to the thin shaming post, but I couldn't have ever done it so eloquently. 

The other day Kelly and Ryan were talking about sky-diving, and some stunt that the two of them taped for today's show.  Kelly said the thing that she fears most about sky-diving is all the "skin flapping". Really??? The only thing that would flap on Kelly is her outie. Sorry, I should know better than to navel shame ;-)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I heard a rumor on the radio, which they  must have read somewhere and may not be true, that one of the ways they hoped to cut production costs on the new AI is to have all the auditions take place in one place---Disney World.  You better bet if that happens and Ryan is hosting, Live will hit the road again.

Doesn't it seem that the new AI on ABC is really part of RS's multi-level contract with LWK&R? 

IMO, Kelly's body is "really cut" as they say these days & she hasn't an ounce of visible fat.  It's her body & how she sees herself is her business.  Unfortunately, not everyone is impressed with how hard she works & how little she eats to keep "in shape".  I don't understand it, but ....

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Doesn't it seem that the new AI on ABC is really part of RS's multi-level contract with LWK&R? 

I addressed this in the media thread but I'm unclear as to how considering the Ryan deal was done before the AI deal.  And if he were already signed, wouldn't they have announced him already instead of negotiating?

9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I addressed this in the media thread but I'm unclear as to how considering the Ryan deal was done before the AI deal.

Pure speculation, but couldn't the LWK&R deal and the AI deal been negotiated all at once, but TPTB decided to announce the LWK&R news first, generate some speculation (your welcome!) and buzz on the AI deal in the media, and then announce the AI deal.

It just seems weird to me that Ryan Seacrest signs a deal with LWK&R/ABC, and all of sudden, out of nowhere, this gift-wrapped present from ABC falls out of the sky into RS's Soulcycled lap.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Pure speculation, but couldn't the LWK&R deal and the AI deal been negotiated all at once, but TPTB decided to announce the LWK&R news first, generate some speculation (your welcome!) and buzz on the AI deal in the media, and then announce the AI deal.

I get that the timing is very coincidental but it goes counter to reports that were made before and after ABC closed the deal--reports that said both FOX and ABC were making pitches as late as early May and that Ryan wasn't a part of the deal.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

It's going to take awhile to get into their groove, but Ryan needs to direct his attention toward the camera/audience, and not on his faux bestie. Host chat seems odd when they both face each other and we only see profiles....for 95% of Host Chat.  They can carry a conversation while facing mostly forward. Sideways talking heads look dreadful on air and really seems to silence the studio audience.  It's only been two weeks and the first few months are bound to have more than a fair share of awkward moments, but someone needs to remind Ryan that it is television, not a cocktail party meetup.

• Love 4

Kelly's attempts are being hip by saying "my baby daddy ", to refer to Mark are cringeworthy.

Oh and did you know that Mark is so hot for her ,  that she either farts or acts like a dragonfly that plays dead not to mate ?

And I get that Lola may have a girl's night sleeping in mom's bed when dad is gone, but her teenage son does that too? That's just weird . 

I also didn't know that a luxury penthouse worth millions, where there is security and a private elevator to her penthouse could be so so scary when her hubby is away !  

• Love 5

Kelly's attempts are being hip by saying "my baby daddy ", to refer to Mark are cringeworthy.

I cannot believe she continues to say that; yes, it is cringeworthy.

15 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Mark is so hot for her ,  that she either farts or acts like a dragonfly that plays dead not to mate ?

omg, did she really say she farts or is that an embellishment?  lol

I happened to catch the host chat that began with Kelly clamoring about wanting to see Ryan's arm pit hair.  How much are these two getting paid? 

Terrible to see what this show has evolved into.

• Love 9

I'm sitting at my desk listening to Kelly & Ryan interview Jeffrey Tambor & I'm struck by how much Kelly's speech has changed ... from normal, slightly high-pitched to mouth-full-of-marbles mixed with valley girl.  WTH???

• Love 3

Hey y'all - Kelly has horse teeth. She told us. (Again.)

They found a cockroach. Someone screamed. Kelly thought someone died. That's funny, right? But no. A cockroach. Kelly picked it up with TP and tried to flush it but the toilet doesn't flush. Ryan wanted a picture. They showed us a picture of a cockroach in a toilet. Wow.

They talked about rats.

Fun fluffy morning drivel. Or dribble, if that floats your boat. Drool? Spittle. Rinse, lather, spit.

• Love 6

I only catch this occasionally.  I started watching this morning and right out of the gate we have a video on a cockroach in Kelly's dressing room which is now in the toilet.  How old are they?   This is not news worthy.  I changed channels. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rcc said:

For a long time now I only watch when there is a guest I want to see. I won't be changing my mind anytime soon! lol

Yes, & I listen from afar until the guest comes on because I can't stand their stupid drivel/host-chat.

• Love 4

I have tried to watch a few times since Ryan joined, but it is really, really bad.  Kelly trying to hard. Ryan trying to hard.  They look at each other instead of the  audience or the camera.  Ryan constantly moving about in his chair and sitting on his leg. Ryan's head and neck leaning way into Kelly and/or the guest. Kelly telling the same stories over and over again, but still hasn't improved on the delivery.  Dumb games with random families and with celebs. 

It is officially unwatchable for me. 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, & I listen from afar until the guest comes on because I can't stand their stupid drivel/host-chat.

Just the opposite. I don't care one bit about the 4-5 minutes of rehearsed soundbites from celebrities, faux or otherwise.  Have never watched anything after Host Chat.  Can't even stand the stupid trivia and the poorly designed, impossible-to-read spinning prize wheel.  

Regis yakked about Notre Dame, ducks in ponds, his comped dinners at extravagant NYC restaurants, Frank Sinatra, his second wife's love for interior re-design, and ignored his disabled son. Kathie Lee yakked about her singing, her beloved sainted children, her holiday TV specials, her sex-machine husband, and her Lord. Kelly sat there, smiled, watched the world go by, landed a hosting gig on SNL, starred in a tragically awful three-season ABC program (which is now available in its full glory on the ABC app), yakked about her kid's foibles and flaws, and secured a $20M annual salary. Michael mumbled about sports. lived bi-coastal, made the Tooth Gap attractive, flirted with anything in a skirt, was visibly uncomfortable with any LGBT topic/guest (despite being besties with America's Power Lesbian), and brought a new audience to Live.

Who know what Ryan will bring. I do know that he made for wildly entertaining radio programming through the years.  He doesn't seem to have A List Party Attendee on his resume. And very few want them chatting about Michael Flynn, midwestern tornadoes, ISIS, or Melania Trump. Ryan took a stab at discussing something newsworthy this week when he talked about the Big LAX Terminal Re-shuffle, which was big big big news to soCal. The NY audience just yawned. And Kelly stared blankly. 

Kelly and Ryan will find their way. I noticed that he announces the date and launches the billboard that ends Host Chat ("We have a big show today..."). I think she knows he is a Regis-like pro and that she can flip into comatose auto-pilot as needed. They seem to have plenty in common and may be too familiar.  Until Ryan has a public relationship to discuss, it'll be random newsy-ish pop culture topics and clippings, interspersed with the occasional snippet of Millionaire Life.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I noticed that he announces the date and launches the billboard that ends Host Chat ("We have a big show today...")

I noticed that too.  Wonder if that was Kelly's idea or if the new EP felt he could do a better job.