Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

And we know that TIIC have played fast and loose with Jack’s age for years now, but when John bought the fancy convertible, he took the kids to see Bedknobs and Broomsticks. That movie came out in 1971. These flashbacks show Jack to be about 15 or 16, so they have clearly de-aged Jack (and I guess he never went to Vietnam or had a son there).

• Love 10

They had enough family drama without this painfully unrealistic document appearing in the magically retconned safe. It’s like Mal Young baked this delicious chocolate cake with rich, creamy frosting, but he wasn’t satisfied giving us a nice dessert. No, he decided the already fine cake needed room temperature slices of Spam on top for color and texture. The angst over the BAC and fake DNA test was enough. You could mine months of drama out of that stuff alone. 

Now Ashley is even more unpleasant, Jack’s back under the bus, Abby’s being a whiny asshole, Tracy’s naive peacemaker shtick is getting old and ol’ Buttbiscuit has fresh motivation to be a mopey turdling. Like miamama suggested, if this patent nonsense maybe led to Tracy finally uncorking everything that clearly got bottled up and dressing down her favored siblings, it might be worth it. But Tracy won’t be allowed to do anything interesting. 

• Love 14

If Dina wanted Ashley to have a legacy, she should have given her Mergeron Industries, since Dina was her birth mother.  If Dina feels guilty, let her solve the problem without hurting "Jackie"  or costing John money--  Sorry, tryin' to inject sense again.   It seems that John never had sense with women if he married Dina, Jill and Gloria, the golddigger trio.

Also, this flashbackery makes the whole "my beauty" thing with John and Ashley unbelieveably squickly with a father praising a pretty face/body over his overweight, plain younger daughter.  Plus with John not being the bio-dad, it goes from incestuous to incestuous and lechy.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, bannana said:

But now we know the patents have been registered, so we are to believe this story.

I know very little about patents, but if they were registered, wouldn't they  be in Ashley's name and she would have been getting compensation for them all along? Or at the very least, know about them?  Yeah, I know it's a stupid story line from a shitty writer/producer. Why should I expect logic/fact/truth/legal anything?  And I agree with all who have pointed out that keeping a secret of the document is a pretty stupid way to show how much you love somebody.  Also, the intelligent comments in this forum about patents should have been forwarded to MY and his writers.  As usual, they know next to nothing about what they are writing.

My hope is that Ashley faked the safe and the document while residing in the office as CEO.  [Some one should carbon date the paper and ink.]  Then, when she signs over all the patents and returns as CEO, it is found out.  She runs off to Brazil to avoid felony prosecution, has that wonderful plastic surgery and returns later to undermine Jabot.

They couldn't come up with a better story for Lily?  Do you think the Valley Princess is going to do any better in another prison?  Just shiv her already.  So glad I'm not watching.  This entitlement of the family to demand visits is astounding!  What's the point of solitary again?  Like seeing anyone of the Winters or Cane is an uplifting experience.  They act as if she is so fragile.  News flash:  she killed two people.  And she's not even doing a year!  The winters clan need to get a life and something to do.

Thanks, Bananna, for the recaps.  They are much better than the show.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, MollyB said:

They couldn't come up with a better story for Lily?  Do you think the Valley Princess is going to do any better in another prison?  Just shiv her already. 

Maybe if she got the Martha Stewart hook-up at Club Fed?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Diane M said:

Do prisons really allow daily visits for the inmates?

No.  and county jail doesn't either.  which is where people are usually kept if their sentence is under 1-2 years.  visits aren't 'on demand' by visitors. there are certain times available, and restrictions as to whom and how many.  as I said, the entitlement of the Winter's clan is astounding.

Edited by MollyB
spellin
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

No.  and county jail doesn't either.  which is where people are usually kept if their sentence is under 1-2 years.  visits aren't 'on demand' by visitors. there are certain times available, and restrictions as to whom and how many.  as I said, the entitlement of the Winter's clan is astounding.

I thought those private rooms were reserved for visits from your lawyer. 

• Love 9

Just time for some highlights today:

• The Abbotts, including Abby, do not want Ash to be CEO.  I don't know why, this would be the cheap way out for them.  Instead they offer her a ton of money, her old job with a pay increase, and a bigger budget.  Plus royalties on her patents.  She snarks that this is stipulated in the contract.  She is smug and bitchy throughout the interactions.  She turns them down.  They all appeal to her as family.  She is still pissy with Jack and Kyle, and even Billy to an extent.  Traci and Abby try to get her to reconsider. She says she will give it some thought.
  • For a minute there, I thought that those of you who said Ash planned this by planting more false memories with Dina and creating the doc were correct.  Then we got a scene where Ash is emotional with Dina because she realizes she actually loves her.  Abby observes this and then later tries to impress upon the Abbotts how unloved poor Ash felt her whole poor, pathetic life.
  • More flashbacks today, with John encouraging young Ash to beat the boys in the science competition.  Which of course she does.  And John telling young Jack that he has to man up and men don't get emotional or need help.  Jack has to be the man of the house while John is at work day and night.  Jack does this.  Traci relates this from her memories and tells the Abbotts (not Ash) that Jack took care of her and Ash, and no one took care of him.
  • The Abbotts are back at the manse, and Ash shows up to give them her decision.  She tells Jack he is not going to walk over her ever again.  She tells him that she was smart and driven, and frankly more talented than he was.  But she was not John Abbott Jr., she was not even an Abbott. FFS Ash, grow up.  I never loved or hated Ash before, but I really cannot stand this character now.  Ash says she is not going to accept their offer, she is walking away from Jabot and this family that is pretending to forgive her, just cause they want something from her.  She says they are not going to get it.  She is going to take her patents and leave GC.  I guess this means the end of Jabot?  If they don't have any products, how do they continue?
  • Also, Lily has to be relocated to a prison far, far away and everyone is sad.  Devon tried to use his influence but failed.  Mikey tried stuff off-camera because I guess he might not be on the show anymore.

Previews for next week: Ash to her family:  I booked a flight to Paris, tonight, and I am going to be on it.  At the Jabot office, to Jack, Billy and Dummer, of all people, Phyllis says:  With me as CEO, I think it would send out a clear signal that this is not the same old Jabot, this is something new.  WTF? Vic to Drinki: why are you getting so upset about a broken water pipe, and Drinki replies: this particular pipe is in Chancellor Park, directly under the sculpture...and JT.

• Love 15

Ash to her family:  I booked a flight to Paris, tonight, and I am going to be on it.

Called it! I wonder if the rest of my prophecy will come to pass, will she take Dina with her?

Phyllis says:  With me as CEO, I think it would send out a clear signal that this is not the same old Jabot, this is something new.  WTF? 

Oh, puke.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Just time for some highlights today:

• The Abbotts, including Abby, do not want Ash to be CEO.  I don't know why, this would be the cheap way out for them.  Instead they offer her a ton of money, her old job with a pay increase, and a bigger budget.  Plus royalties on her patents.  She snarks that this is stipulated in the contract.  She is smug and bitchy throughout the interactions.  She turns them down.  They all appeal to her as family.  She is still pissy with Jack and Kyle, and even Billy to an extent.  Traci and Abby try to get her to reconsider. She says she will give it some thought.
  • For a minute there, I thought that those of you who said Ash planned this by planting more false memories with Dina and creating the doc were correct.  Then we got a scene where Ash is emotional with Dina because she realizes she actually loves her.  Abby observes this and then later tries to impress upon the Abbotts how unloved poor Ash felt her whole poor, pathetic life.
  • More flashbacks today, with John encouraging young Ash to beat the boys in the science competition.  Which of course she does.  And John telling young Jack that he has to man up and men don't get emotional or need help.  Jack has to be the man of the house while John is at work day and night.  Jack does this.  Traci relates this from her memories and tells the Abbotts (not Ash) that Jack took care of her and Ash, and no one took care of him.
  • The Abbotts are back at the manse, and Ash shows up to give them her decision.  She tells Jack he is not going to walk over her ever again.  She tells him that she was smart and driven, and frankly more talented than he was.  But she was not John Abbott Jr., she was not even an Abbott. FFS Ash, grow up.  I never loved or hated Ash before, but I really cannot stand this character now.  Ash says she is not going to accept their offer, she is walking away from Jabot and this family that is pretending to forgive her, just cause they want something from her.  She says they are not going to get it.  She is going to take her patents and leave GC.  I guess this means the end of Jabot?  If they don't have any products, how do they continue?
  • Also, Lily has to be relocated to a prison far, far away and everyone is sad.  Devon tried to use his influence but failed.  Mikey tried stuff off-camera because I guess he might not be on the show anymore.

Previews for next week: Ash to her family:  I booked a flight to Paris, tonight, and I am going to be on it.  At the Jabot office, to Jack, Billy and Dummer, of all people, Phyllis says:  With me as CEO, I think it would send out a clear signal that this is not the same old Jabot, this is something new.  WTF? Vic to Drinki: why are you getting so upset about a broken water pipe, and Drinki replies: this particular pipe is in Chancellor Park, directly under the sculpture...and JT.

Huh!

So this bullshit with Ashley continues and Phyllis becomes CEO..........I'm not sure I'm ever going to tune in again, at least until Mal is gone gone gone and these storylines are reversed....

But the stink of AMC in its death throes is wafting off this show in ever-increasing pungent waves.

I've never hated what's been done to this show more than I am right now. 

FOAD, Mal.  And do it twice.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, boes said:

Huh!

So this bullshit with Ashley continues and Phyllis becomes CEO..........I'm not sure I'm ever going to tune in again, at least until Mal is gone gone gone and these storylines are reversed....

But the stink of AMC in its death throes is wafting off this show in ever-increasing pungent waves.

I've never hated what's been done to this show more than I am right now. 

FOAD, Mal.  And do it twice.

@boes, I am with you.  I am not sure I can watch this mess.  If Phyllis becomes CEO of Jabot.  I am done.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, bannana said:

Phyllis says:  With me as CEO, I think it would send out a clear signal that this is not the same old Jabot, this is something new

Yes! Something new and authentically Phyllis! She’ll focus on Jabot for a while, then she’ll cheat on it with another cosmetics company, giving away corporate secrets in the Jabot elevators. Lady, you stood next to Billy while he beclowned himself with popcorn machines and jaboats and ran the company into the ground. Fuck right off.

• Love 17

Godamnit! 

The Blood Abbott Clause was created to prevent Phyllis getting her grubby hands on the CEO position. 

The family gets devastated and broken up, all so that Phyllis gets to be CEO?

Fuck that noise. When did GT get deemed to be the next coming of Susan Lucci, Genie Francis, Deidre Hall or any of the other soap icons and the star quality attached to those names?

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Godamnit! 

The Blood Abbott Clause was created to prevent Phyllis getting her grubby hands on the CEO position. 

The family gets devastated and broken up, all so that Phyllis gets to be CEO?

Fuck that noise. When did GT get deemed to be the next coming of Susan Lucci, Genie Francis, Deidre Hall or any of the other soap icons and the star quality attached to those names?

after she sat on mal's lap?

• Love 13

I'm confused. Are we supposed to sympathize with Ashley? I am asking this seriously. What just happened? We SAW that Jack took on more responsibilities than he should have at his age while also losing his mother's love and doubting she loved him as well (this is the legacy all Dina's children share because she abandoned all of them, not just Ash). We saw Traci was not comforted either as Ash was by Daddy the perv (um ew with the My Beauty to that little girl). We know Traci is deeply wounded from a lifetime of being the "plain" and therefore less loveable daughter (it actually makes me sad to type that gah). Jack has run Jabot for decades, RUN IT. Taken responsibility for every damn thing that has happened to it, continued to be a "parent" to his siblings (including Ashley "I love Victor Newman" Abbott who is not much younger than him). Traci pasted together a bullshit document that fucks Jack/Kyle/Billy/everyone not named Ashley Abbott on her behalf. And she is gutting Jabot, her beloved father's legacy, and telling them all to fuck off, her daughter included? WHAAAAAAT? If Ashley doesn't change her mind and hand over all rights to patents on today's Canadian (her last show) I just don't know what the fuck to say. I mean she'll still be a hateful, emotionally stunted rage bitch but at least she'll spare the company.

And Phyllis even applying for this job is straight up bullshit. As @NinjaPenguins pointed out she was right by the embezzler's side, giggling and giving him blow jobs in the fancy new office. But also doesn't the world know she was married to one CEO, then fucked his brother for months, and stood by his side as he began is reign of idiocy as CEO? 

Mal is out of his fucking mind with that woman. It's beyond embarrassing now.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, spinxella said:

With any luck, the plane goes down, though I'm sure Ashley would survive, cushioned by her hubris, spite and unparalleled self pity and delusion.

I only wish Jack had hustled her out the door.

What utter bullshit Mal has pulled on the Abbotts.  Is he really Brian Frons in an even worse wig? 

• Love 17

I read in recaps on Twitter there were more scenes than the above. Ash and Jack had an emotional goodbye with him seeking her out at the GCAC and APOLOGIZING TEARFULLY and her saying thank you, accepting the apology but that she’s still leaving. Basically he blew it. And she has not only never apologized for the DNA horror she put him through she told him she revelled in his suffering (the other day when she was found out; and it was ONLY the other day).

Bitch is too kind a word.

And did Abby actually fucking say to Jack above “what do you care? You don’t even work at Jabot”. OH MY GOD! He was ousted and then left Jabot heartbroken because your psycho mother falsified DNA tests and manipulated her sick mother to convince him he’s not an Abbott. He has cared about Jabot more than ANYONE ON EARTH, John included. In real time.

ugh.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, miamama said:

I read in recaps on Twitter there were more scenes than the above. Ash and Jack had an emotional goodbye with him seeking her out at the GCAC and APOLOGIZING TEARFULLY and her saying thank you, accepting the apology but that she’s still leaving. Basically he blew it. And she has not only never apologized for the DNA horror she put him through she told him she revelled in his suffering (the other day when she was found out; and it was ONLY the other day).

Bitch is too kind a word.

And did Abby actually fucking say to Jack above “what do you care? You don’t even work at Jabot”. OH MY GOD! He was ousted and then left Jabot heartbroken because your psycho mother falsified DNA tests and manipulated her sick mother to convince him he’s not an Abbott. He has cared about Jabot more than ANYONE ON EARTH, John included. In real time.

ugh.

So it was even worse than those clips?  I'm so glad I stopped watching.  I'll start again next week but I'm wondering if ...... 

As much as I despise Ashley and most of the other Abbotts right now, the extremes of this storyline and the absurd plot contrivances it took to get Show to this point just underline how OOC this bullshit really is.  It all reminds me of how idiot Frons had Adam Chandler shoot and kill his twin, Stuart, on AMC as that show circled the bowl.  Shock and awe storytelling is the hallmark of a one-note writer and IMO the sort of panic plot that points out in glaring detail the fatal weakness of a writing staff.

Show needs to fire this ass and fast.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, boes said:

Show needs to fire this ass and fast.

Preferably before we find out Phyllis is running the pumpkin patch, heading up correctional services for Wisconsin, running for DA, on the advisory board for Dark Horseshit, and moonlighting at Hamilton-Winters.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Preferably before we find out Phyllis is running the pumpkin patch, heading up correctional services for Wisconsin, running for DA, on the advisory board for Dark Horseshit, and moonlighting at Hamilton-Winters.

But how about it she took a job advertising for Rexx Rugs??

giphy.gif

She'd be good at it, and best of all, WHAT a target for Christine to aim at on her way to work!

• Love 18
On 2018-10-25 at 8:35 AM, miamama said:

she was still just cruel. I mean telling her son she’s leaving but “keep it a secret!”

That was bizarre.  And total retcon, not that it matters.  But in her reunion visit with Kay, right after she came back the very first time, she said:  I didn't plan to stay away forever... I thought it would be just a few days.  As I recall she went off on a shopping trip to NYC originally. 

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, miamama said:

Smug Ashley is so unwatchable.

Yes. And detestable. She's up there in EB's Victor status about now. When Mal Young's fired - hopefully soon before the show is canceled - they can write her returning from Paris with her tail between her legs as a sweat flop failure. I suppose, though, we are going to be subjected to the infuriating insult of watching fucking Phyllis running Jabot into the ground first. I feel like gouging my eyes out from sheer frustration.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 13

Eh (no Canadian pun intended!), I don't much mind Assley's departure and her taking her patents with her. I think Jack's treated her like dog shit for years and years. The BAC was the straw that broke that camel's back IMO. Jackie boy deserved what he got. He never had any issues playing dirty PeePaw Newman-level games with Ass, so why can't she give it right back? Because she's a woman, is she supposed to put up with his crap forever? IMO it was a lowass thing to do to Jack, no doubt about it, but now he knows what she felt like finding out she wasn't really John's bio-daughter. And despite Jack knowing now how she felt all those years, he still shredded that document as his 'go to' stance. Fuck that shit, man, Fuck.That.Shit. I'm glad she's splitting with the patents, let them try to make something of Jabot without her contributions, which were obviously the foundation of the entire company.

All the above aside, I'm sad ED is departing. This show is becoming a brittle shell of old legacy characters sidelined by newbies nobody gives a shit about.

ETA: Thank you Canuks for having this 'day ahead' thread so I can decide if I want to lose an hour of my life tomorrow....most appreciated!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5

Well, if this is the way ED wanted to go out, then she is an idiot.  I am so happy that this is the last time I have to watch the smug bitch Ashley. Even when she is in the right, she is entirely unlikable.  I kind of like that Kyle doesn't even try to hide his contempt.

I also hope these stupid flashbacks are done now too.

At CL, Rey Rey is telling Sharon about his great new bed.  He wants to give her a ride to work but she doesn't like that idea.

Ash tells her family that she is leaving, not out of anger or greed or being a power monger.  She says this is about getting respect, about being acknowledged for working her butt off for decades, as a leader, as an innovator.  She lashes out at them saying they are trying to manipulate her into taking second best, and she is NOT GOING TO DO IT!  She is taking her patents  and leaving GC.  She is disillusioned and disgusted, but says she did not make this decision out of spite.  What?  Billy says if she accepted their offer she would be set for life, the highest paid employee in Jabot history.  She would make more than the CEO.  Kyle says she can punish them, but she will be hurt even worse, she will be leaving Jabot and her family with nothing.  She says she is leaving with everything.  Ash is starting her own cosmetics company with a full array of popular products created by her.  Jack says, Jabot products and that customers will know they are knock-offs and inferior.  She explains that she is going to market her products as the ones they loved from Jabot, but they can only get them from her because Jabot no longer has the rights to sell them.  She is going to name the company:  My Beauty.  Billy says there is great risk in starting a company from scratch and Ash scoffs and points out that in his short tenure as CEO he complained all the time about how she never took any risks.  Abby and Traci say they would have supported her as CEO, but Traci says they needed a consensus.  Ash sarcastically says that Traci hates conflict so she had to go along with it.  Ash tells Jack if he had swallowed his pride and reinstated her as CEO they wouldn't be having this conversation.  Hey, that's what I said the other day!  She says they all went along with what Jack wanted, because Jack matters more than she does.

The Ashbys are all down in the dumps about Lily being transferred and Cane tries to cheer them up by having them write a letter to Lily.

Jack is angry now and says that the family turned to him for leadership because his dad put him in charge when he was 15.  He says he kept that promise to his father to the best of his ability.  She says, that's your story and you're sticking to it.  He challenges her about the times she left Jabot, for Forrester, for House of Kim, or her own personal reasons, saying loudly that he was at Jabot, keeping his obligations, which is what his dad drummed into him.  She says her dad made his wishes known through that document, and she shrieks at him: and you shredded it!  He says she is just reinforcing his instincts.  She is going to take her marbles and leave, regardless of that the fact that it will leave Jabot in tatters.  He says she has made it crystal clear just how much she cares about John Abbott's legacy.  She says: don't you dare pull the John Abbott card on me!  Hahaha!!!  Isn't that what she is doing with all of this?  Billy wants to know what this is all about then.  Traci pleads with them to not let this get ugly.  Abby angrily says to Jack that if he cared about John's legacy, then he would stop being so stubborn and give her mother the CEO job.  Then we get a flashback of Jack trying to get Ash to do her chores, and she defies him.  He says that her dad never asks her to do anything, she is his perfect delicate flower.  Now that their mom is gone, he has to do everything.  Back in the present, Abby is lashing out at Jack saying he is acting like it is out of his hands, but he is willing to let Ash leave and let the company go to hell, and this family fall to pieces, and for what.  She says they have all done worse things.  She asks him why he is fighting this, he doesn't even work at Jabot.  Oh, Abby, and why is that?  Oh yeah, your mom forced him out by changing his paternity.  Kyle says Jack knows what will happen if they are forced to reinstate Ash.  Traci says, the company will thrive?  Abby says the Board voted Ash in as CEO just a few weeks ago, and that she is just as qualified as every one of them, and she created the products that made Jabot a success.  Ash interrupts her daughter to say she appreciates her support, but she is no longer interested. They would only be doing it to appease her and get their hands on the patents, and then they would find some way to shove her out again.  I guess she forgot the part about why she got shoved out.  Ash says she is done, completely done. She is on a flight to Paris tonight.  She says it is fitting that she is going to build her empire in the same city as her mother built hers.  Jack asks her if she can just walk away from her mother.  Traci says she is going to risk never seeing Dina again.  Ash says she made her peace with Dina.  Dina doesn't know who she is and likely won't miss her when she is gone.  Ash thinks that if Dina were lucid she would understand and wholeheartedly approve of Ash's decision.  Abby wants to know why she can't start over closer to home. Ash says if she stays she will get enmeshed in all the ugliness.  She asks her daughter to come with her, but Abby says she cannot pull up stakes, she has a new man in her life, her family, including her father, are all here.  They hug and Ash says she is just a plane ride away.  Ash tells Billy that she is sorry office politics got in the way of their relationship and she hopes that someday they can repair it.  He says what she is doing to Jabot is going to be damned near impossible to forgive.  Kyle agrees, but tells his aunt that she has made the ultimate power move, saying, nicely done.

In the squad room, Sharon tells Rey Rey they need to establish better boundaries.  She doesn't want him to get the wrong idea about the two of them.  Devon shows up looking for Sharon's professional advice as an advocate for crime victims.  He tells her about Lily's situation and the transfer.  Sharon doesn't think anything can be done but says she will talk to Lily's caseworker.  Meanwhile, Rey Rey is writing in his notebook of police detective thoughts.  He writes:  Anxious.  Why?  On the same page he had written:  Sharon, shut down my talk with Mariah about Victoria's party, last time JT was seen.  Covering something?  He looks at his notes and then rubs his chin, deep in thought.  

Sharon informs Devon that Lily has arrived at the prison and is doing okay.  Sharon struck out in helping Lily get placed elsewhere or on house arrest.  Devon feels helpless.  She says at least he has money and the time to be able to help his family, most families of inmates don't have the resources to visit frequently.

Traci breaks down and tells Ash that she loves her unconditionally, but that she is making a mistake that is going to hurt all of them.  Ash tells her sister she is going to do everything in her power to prove her wrong, saying she means that in the nicest possible way.  She tells Traci she loves her.  Abby brings Dina in to say goodbye to Ashley.  Dina doesn't know Ash.  Ash tells her mom that Dina gave her something many years ago that has been very liberating for her.  She tells Dina it is probably how she felt when she left them all those years ago.  Dina gets upset, and Ash says she probably doesn't want to think about it, and Dina emphatically says she doesn't.  Ash says it is okay, and then says she has  a feeling her family is going to look on her the same way they looked on Dina all those years ago, saying they have more in common than she thought.  WTF?  This is how you say goodbye to your sick mother? Ash quickly hugs her and kisses her.  Dina thanks her, looks confused, and then walks away.  Jack approaches Ash, and she coldly tells him she has nothing to say to him, and she walks out.  Jack looks upset.

Traci and Abby are alone in the living room.  Traci is berating herself, saying that everyone was plotting and scheming and stabbing each other in the back, and along she comes, the eternal optimist thinking that she could the get the family back together by sheer force of will, talk about hubris.  Abby says she appreciates Traci trying to mediate.  Traci thanks her, saying she is the only one. Abby tells her aunt she cannot blame herself that it didn't work.  Traci scoffs, saying, right, she meant well, her heart was in the right place.  She says that is code for here comes poor dumb Traci, in over her head, when will she ever learn.  Abby says she was going to say that Traci is at a disadvantage not living there full-time.  Traci apologizes for taking her frustrations out on Abby, saying Abby is hurting more than anyone.  Traci cannot believe that Ash is moving to another continent, leaving her daughter behind.  Traci sobs, that if Colleen were still alive, she would never consider that.  Abby says it is what Dina did too, to both Traci and her mom.  She says some wounds never heal, and Traci agrees.  Traci wonders if she was wrong to force Jack and Kyle to tell Ash about the patents.  Abby says there are too many secrets, too many lies, and that is why this family is so screwed up.  Traci says she wanted to honour her parents' wishes, and that Dina can't speak for herself anymore.  Abby relates that she overheard Dina the other day repeatedly telling herself that she is a good mother.  Abby says she admires Dina for looking out for Ash, and that Dina was right about the obstacles her daughter was going to face.

Billy and Kyle are at Jabot, trying to figure out what to tell their vendors and buyers.  They then get into it about Dummer, with Kyle chastising Billy about sleeping with Dummer, saying that he crushed her. Billy says the only one he wanted to hurt was Phyllis.  Kyle relates how Dummer was so upset that it has impacted his relationship with Lola.  Billy says he hopes Lola never talks to him again, saying he deserves it for setting him up to gamble.  Billy says his father would not want them to waste time arguing when the company is in trouble.  Kyle points out that the John Abbott worship is part of the problem.  He was human, but from a time when the oldest son was pre-ordained to take over the business.  It put Jack in the position of doing what was expected of him and living up to the myth of John.  Billy just wants to get back to business.

Ash is at the GCAC, on the phone with Neil who is standing her up.  She says she cannot recall the last time that ever happened to her.  Wow.  She tells him she made her decision and that she is relocating to Paris.  She says she regrets that they will not be able to pursue their relationship because she thinks they were good together.  She tells him he owns a jet, and he should come to visit her.  Then Ash goes to leave the GCAC and Jack shows up, saying he has a lot to say to her.

Devon is at Cane's telling him he can use the jet, but Cane says the travel time would be the same.  Devon tells him that his marriage is strong and will survive this but Cane doesn't sound convinced.  Devon says he will continue to try and get Lily an early release, and that he is there for Cane and the kids.

Jack tells Ash that he started this war and he owns it.  He will regret the BAC for the rest of his life.  He hates what he said to her and that their family got caught in the crossfire. But, he tells her if she takes the patents, it will cripple Jabot and she will be hurting everyone in the family, including Billy's kids, and thousands of Jabot employees who could lose their jobs before the holidays.  She says obviously she doesn't want that, but she gets up to leave.  He stops her and tells her she was right when she said this was his fault.  He should have been asking her forgiveness for the awful things he did.  He gets emotional and reveals that the BAC was also intended to prevent Ash from being CEO.  He didn't want to compete with her because he thought she might outshine him.  He says he is deeply and genuinely sorry, and they are both crying and she hugs him.  Then we flash back to young Ash saying she doesn't want to fight with her brother and she will do her chores.  Big Ash tells her brother that she is grateful that he apologized, but she hasn't changed her mind.  She spent her whole life doing what is best for Jabot and now it is time for her to put herself first.  She says she is sorry, she has a plane to catch and she walks away.

In the squad room, Rey Rey asks Sharon if she feels uncomfortable around him.  She is worried about appearances, with them working together and him living upstairs.  She's worried about rumours, and points out that he has a wife.

Jack arrives home and looks at the empty living room and dining room.  Young Ash says she will help her brother as long as he is fair to her.  She says maybe when they grow up, she will get to tell  him what to do.  He jokingly says he will always be her big bro and that means that she can't boss him around. Ash is on the plane with a glass of champagne looking mighty pleased with herself.  Jack is standing in the living room, looking devastated.

• Love 15

6OFfdj.gif

Jump, Ashley, jump!

Show Daddy his "Beauty" can fly.

(What Mal has done to Ashley and her history is Adam Chandler level of character assassination.)

• Love 12
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I know. Dina passes and her will leaves her huge company to The family except Ash as she was already well fixed with the patents.

Except she sold her company to Kneel and Devon......

• Love 5
20 hours ago, gingerella said:

I think Jack's treated her like dog shit for years and years.

I'm curious about examples of this. I genuinely have no memory of Jack ever treating her like shit. Very early in their history Jack (still played by TL then) threatened to out her paternity if she pushed for something at Jabot (I don't recall what) and she backed down. But beyond that I don't know of anything ever. In fact it was more Ash being a bitch to him. Never supporting his attempts to regain Jabot (including advising him to "let it go" when he tried to enlist his siblings at one point), assuring him he'll never measure up to John (his most sensitive issue btw), siding with Victor against him. In fact during Ashley's litany of crimes Jack has committed she listed things he has done to other people. The writers couldn't even come up with examples of Jack treating Ash like shit because he didn't. He actually did look after his sisters as dad asked him to, which is why I accepted that he took so much of Ashley's crap over the years. He was always protective and doting of Traci while Ashley hooked up with and married Traci's ex even though Traci told her it was devastating to her. Ash is and has always been selfish af.

The only time he was crappy and used her paternity against her was this OOC BAC. And it is out of character. Even back when Bad Cad Jack threatened to out her he didn't systematically create a document, somehow get the board (lol) to support it and throw it in her face. In fact she didn't call his bluff so he may have never done it. I say this because for 35 years he said nothing. He didn't use the information even in private, in a fit of anger. Never. He told no one. Billy didn't know. Traci didn't know. Phyllis did't know. He didn't bring it up high on pills. Nothing. Never. He simply saw her as his sister. But Mal decided to revisit it and make him suddenly use it to keep her out of the CEO chair. Which brings me to another point. WTF? He's held this job for decades and she wants it so he has to give it up because Women's Rights? lmao. Yes Ash grew up when women were rarely if ever CEOs but they were rarely if ever Head Chemists and she was. She loved science (as we saw in the FB) from childhood. Her father AND brother supported this even though it's not what girls did. She came straight out of college to head Jabot's R and D. And she wanted to be called Susan Ashley because she didn't want to be seen as Daddy's daughter but as, wait for it, a scientist. 

20 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm glad she's splitting with the patents, let them try to make something of Jabot without her contributions, which were obviously the foundation of the entire company.

This is simply not how it works. To develop products she used Jabot resources -- money, lab, staff -- and so they do not belong to her legally. It was wrong and unfair to Jabot for John to give her the patents. It really was. And to suggest that a cosmetics company is entirely the quality of its products is also misguided. Chanel No. 5 was not successful because it smelled good. Lots of perfume smells good. There is marketing, and product placement, relationships with stores, vendors etc. John was not a chemist and he founded and built this company (we are oft told). But shouldn't the credit go to the chemist he hired? 

As for Jack shredding this POS of document, sure he could have held on to it and discussed it with a sane Ashley. But less than 24 hours earlier he learned that she faked his DNA tests, messed with their sick mother to implant FALSE MEMORIES that she was a HO who preyed on every single man at the club and messed up Jack's relationship not only with his dead dad but also his dying mom. She carefully, methodically did this and enjoyed watching him suffer in public while his mother and her daughter were humiliated. She *enjoyed* it she said. All to be CEO. So yeah he thought maybe I should destroy this because this psycho is going to gut this company to spite me. And look! He was right.

And at no point was anyone allowed to call out Ash on her shit. She called Billy the Embezzler but she embezzled from Jabot to pay the DNA guy to fuck Jack over. She accused Jack of losing Jabot to Victor, I'm not even going to comment on Ash and Victor. And she trashed Traci the peacemaker, Traci who has played second to you forever and still pasted up the document for YOU? What. A. Hateful. Asshole.

In my opinion Ashely is not remotely sympathetic in this story. This writing is silly. And show history, character and common sense are all upturned to let ED have some fantasy story she craved for years.

The end result? I never want to see Ashley again. I can't even picture nice moments with the Abbotts from years past. It's all been destroyed. 

ETA: I remember when Ash last left she blamed Jack. He was in a wheelchair and he wanted to merge Beauty of Nature and Jabot and she opposed this. He was CEO so she called up board members behind his back and tried to oust him (because she disagreed with a decision, lol). The board members told him what she was up to, he had her ousted from whatever position she held. She left after telling him he fucked her over. lmao. What crap. A failed coup does not make you a victim. At least not in the real world. But apparently in GC if the guy you're trying to oust is Jack Abbott it  does.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 21
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

I can't even picture nice moments with the Abbotts from years past. It's all been destroyed. 

And, to MY, this is Mission Accomplished. 

He won't stop until he runs Peter Bergman off the show.  I can only hope that MY is kicked out before this happens.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, miamama said:

In my opinion Ashely is not remotely sympathetic in this story. This writing is silly. And show history, character and common sense are all upturned to let ED have some fantasy story she craved for years.

Yes, yes and yes to everything in your post Miamama...but especially this ^ . Pretty well sums it all up in the last sentence.

Edited by RedRockRosie
grammar
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Tippi said:

And, to MY, this is Mission Accomplished. 

He won't stop until he runs Peter Bergman off the show.  I can only hope that MY is kicked out before this happens.

shades of the mabness...........she got fired for her shenanigans so hopefully mal suffers the same fate.

• Love 10

That plane will never make it to Paris. Ashley’s rapidly expanding ego will destabilize the whole thing. She’ll wash up on a tropical island and be forced to burn that beloved patent document on a cold night. Ghost John can keep her company.

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

That plane will never make it to Paris. Ashley’s rapidly expanding ego will destabilize the whole thing. She’ll wash up on a tropical island and be forced to burn that beloved patent document on a cold night. Ghost John can keep her company.

Ahhhh, "Lost", the bullshit years.

But at least we all know who the Big Bad is.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

When? Why isn't CBS/Sony taking a long, hard look at him?

A couple of weeks ago there were several reports about Mal Young being investigated by the network for alleged harassment of some of the females on the show, both actors and writers. Steve Kent's name was also mentioned. Now, it wasn't entirely clear whether the allegations involved sexual impropriety or whether it was more related to hostile maligning and demeaning them. Maybe both. I believe CBS is looking into this. Whether any of this is true, CBS can't be happy about those ratings, though.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This please!

• Love 4

John is looking more orange and less appetizing with the whole 'Beauty' thing in front of Tracy. You know the kid hit the donuts hard after that.

So they just put a drop of tea tree or citrus oil in everything and call it New Jabot Natural with organic magic oils.

They could buy the cosmetics division from Devon since he's more into music and shining Prick's knob.

• Love 6

I still don’t get it. Ashley is all “Mommy loves me after all! Daddy loves me best!”. She takes this revelation about her parents’ love and devotion and promptly (with great smugness!) guts her father’s beloved company. Looking supremely satisfied with herself, she hops a plane to Paris without a second glance at the smoking wreckage she’s left in her wake. As if this all isn’t gross enough, I have the feeling that Young expects me to feel a kinship with Ashley and revel in all the female empowerment. Sorry, man. My female ass ain’t here for that. 

• Love 20
On 10/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, miamama said:

Ashley "I love Victor Newman" Abbott

This reminds me..when Ashley was yammering on about how she is, quite frankly, more talented than Jack, she also brought up Jack losing Jabot to Victor.  Ashley of all people playing the Victor Newman card?  For real???  One thing I did like, though, was when Ashley was yammering (she does a lot of that) about Jack wanting all the power, Kyle told her that that is exactly what she is doing.  FINALLY a soap character heard what I was yelling at the TV!  

• Love 17