Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, bannana said:

After Devon tells Phyllis about Hil, she then tells Nick, who hugs her, and Sharon shows up and so she tells her too.  I don't know if I would like everyone except me knowing that I was dying.  Seems kind of a dick move.  Well, no matter, because later Hil confronts Phyllis and demands the truth and she tells her the doctors say she might not make it.  Phyllis urges her to

I was just going to post how offensive (as well as eye-rollingly over the top) this whole storyline is. This isn’t the 70s and this isn’t Love Story. No doctor in the world would be telling others a patient’s diagnosis and not tell that patient. It isn’t sweet or romantic or kind to keep the info from Hillary that she’s dying. It’s medical malpractice and perhaps even illegal given HIPAA laws.

Just as offensive as the guys in Lily’s life deciding to “protect” her from the knowledge of her role in the accident. These are adult women, not children. 

The more I type the angrier it’s making me.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I was just going to post how offensive (as well as eye-rollingly over the top) this whole storyline is. This isn’t the 70s and this isn’t Love Story. No doctor in the world would be telling others a patient’s diagnosis and not tell that patient. It isn’t sweet or romantic or kind to keep the info from Hillary that she’s dying. It’s medical malpractice and perhaps even illegal given HIPAA laws.

Just as offensive as the guys in Lily’s life deciding to “protect” her from the knowledge of her role in the accident. These are adult women, not children. 

The more I type the angrier it’s making me.

When my grandmother was sick with cancer, no one told her that most people with her type of lymphoma only live around 5-10 years. She was always frustrated she couldn't beat the cancer. Even when she became terminal, my family kept it from her because they didn't want her to 'give up' and 'stop fighting.' I was 18 at the time, and my opinion didn't matter to the adults, but it still pisses me off to this day because she never had time to say her goodbyes and put her affairs in order. This storyline is pissing me off the same way. Yes, Hilary knows now, but that's only because Phyllis told her. Devon should have been the one to tell her, or her doctors. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Devon isn’t even her family but Nate gives him her private health info. 

Lol ok.

I do think Hilary’s death story sounds touching in a way others have not in the past few years. Mostly because we have known her. And Devon has consistently been her star-crossed lover, so it’s a true tragic love story. 

But this “she can’t know” business is goofy. People don’t die simply because they have “given up.” If she’s dying she’s dying. It’s her life and it should be her death. This independent woman with zero family should at the end of her life remain independent.

And her knowing doesn’t take away from the emotional impact at all. It adds to it. 

But Gina needed some variety for her Emmy reel, so...

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Of course Phyllis gives Hil the truth and the pep talk. Of course she does. Of course she’s the maid of honor. 

958D8899-CC20-4675-83C9-1BE7F44551B0.png.4b64031f2f3c9ee96137bc5c7f7621b7.png

2 hours ago, miamama said:

But Gina needed some variety for her Emmy reel, so...

This is just like "The Song of Bernadette", isn't it, with Hilary as Bernadette and Phyllis as the Virgin Mary.  

Except it's not.  While I think BJ is doing a great job, really good, all the rest is one giant load of low grade Costco fertilizer.

I'm waiting for ButtBiscuit to give the eulogy:

A little song,

A little dance,

A little seltzer in her pants."

Reception to follow at the Winters Boat house.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What would be the music of choice?  Mathematical jazz or artistic rap? :)

Ha!  Somehow, with Kneel, all I can imagine is that prolonged, silent scream.

giphy.gif

Groovin' in Winters Land.  He's one hep cat.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, boes said:

This is just like "The Song of Bernadette", isn't it, with Hilary as Bernadette and Phyllis as the Virgin Mary.  

Except it's not.  While I think BJ is doing a great job, really good, all the rest is one giant load of low grade Costco fertilizer.

And only if the BVM were cross-wired with an IM service. Is there a storyline Phyllis isn't involved in?

• Love 7

And while I'm at it, who the hell is Shawna? The Shitbird of Doom?

Way to tactlessly ask a relentless series of impertinent questions: "So what's it that you've got? And how long before you get out? And can I get a $20 while I'm here?" Okay, I added that last one, but aside from the incredibly clumsy set-up to the BIG SELF-REALIZATION [Mal, do you write with a shovel?], I can't stand the young actress playing Shawna, and don't understand her purpose in general.

• Love 8
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, boes said:

She must have pissed off Mal big time.

No, quite simply, she fell pregnant in real life. That's my theory anyway. I believe MM may have suspected she was pregnant (and might have also informed him that at some point during her contract negotiations) and decided he didn't want to have to accommodate her leave only to have to pony up a probable substantive pay raise. Is it illegal? Yeah, according to the law, but between you me and fence post, we know it goes on. Perhaps not in a bald-faced way, but women are and have been getting the short end of the stick professionally, especially when child bearing, maternity leaves and ongoing child care is concerned. Sure, he accommodated MO recently, but she is a marginal character at best (and she knows it) and she's probably not making anywhere near what MM has been or could reasonably expect to. Maybe he just didn't want to have to rely on wardrobe and props to come up with suitcase-size Birkin handbags or potted plants for her be hidden behind. Add to that, her character was not only going through pregnancy onscreen, she's one of the most visible personas because of her webcast. He must have considered what a pain it was going to be to come up with an explanation to have her disappear for a couple of months and decided to let her leave (and show Sony that he's playing monetary hardball in order to keep what must be an ever more tenuous hold on the reins of the show a little longer).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

No doctor in the world would be telling others a patient’s diagnosis and not tell that patient.

Absolutely. And to put a finer point on it, have you EVER heard a doctor just flat out say a patient is going to die whose malady is not a terminal disease? I've never heard or seen a surgeon just flap out his arms and say I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can be done. Devon's a wealthy guy and his love is slowly bleeding to death -- in a fucking hospital!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

And while I'm at it, who the hell is Shawna? The Shitbird of Doom?

Way to tactlessly ask a relentless series of impertinent questions: "So what's it that you've got? And how long before you get out? And can I get a $20 while I'm here?" Okay, I added that last one, but aside from the incredibly clumsy set-up to the BIG SELF-REALIZATION [Mal, do you write with a shovel?], I can't stand the young actress playing Shawna, and don't understand her purpose in general.

I didn't even watch. After all the great acting with and by MM I just couldn't. Terrible actress.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, bannana said:

After Devon tells Phyllis about Hil, she then tells Nick, who hugs her, and Sharon shows up and so she tells her too.  I don't know if I would like everyone except me knowing that I was dying.   

shampoo 2.png

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

Thank Dog, she finally dies at the end of today's episode!  But, we have previews of the funeral so it is not over yet.  And her dying wish is for Devon to throw her a big fancy funeral.  She said a bunch of other stuff whilst dying, but I was not paying attention.  In the previews, Devon has it out with Lily and she takes umbrage with him for suggesting she killed Hilary on purpose.  I kind of think it would have been way more fun if the real Hilary had still been there after the accident, and with her dying breath lashed out at Lily for causing the accident.  And put a curse on her. 

Over at the rooftop bar, everyone was there, the Newmans discussing business, Dark Horse Newman and Abbotts discussing business, Phyllis and Lauren confronting Billy about business, and then finally Billy punching Nick which led to a short brawl.  And newly tough guy Nick warns Billy that he does  not want him for an enemy.

Mariah decides not to leave with Tessa, and so I guess they break up, but in the previews, it appears as though Tessa is back.  Not sure if that was just wishful thinking on Mariah's part.  I hope Tessa is gone, she's annoying.

Also in the previews, Paul makes an appearance; he finds the gravedigging four huddled at CL.

• Love 11

Mariah decides not to leave with Tessa,

Good.

it appears as though Tessa is back. 

Bad.

Paul makes an appearance; he finds the gravedigging four huddled at CL.

Uh oh.  Maybe Sherlock "Columbo" Tightpockets will dig around in his shorts and come up with a clue.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bannana said:

In the previews, Devon has it out with Lily and she takes umbrage with him for suggesting she killed Hilary on purpose.  I kind of think it would have been way more fun if the real Hilary had still been there after the accident, and with her dying breath lashed out at Lily for causing the accident.  And put a curse on her. 

As annoying as Lily is, this was an accident. Abby purposefully flooring the gas pedal and aiming at Tucker most certainly was not. That was straight up attempted murder that to this day Abby has expressed zero remorse for. Tucker's crime? Cheating on Ashley with Diane. Which Ashley got over. This is a big reason why I can't be fully on board with her as she's got that entitled homicidal Newman gene lurking.

Now if Lily had seen the truck and in the moment intentionally endangered her son and another teen just to get at Hilary? That would've been something as Charlie would be afraid of Lily, Cane would be like WTH and Lily would be in denial.

Boy the Winters clan really did in Hilary and her mother - intentional or not.

• Love 6

Oh Dear God. Could we please, please be done with Lily and Cane? We’ll promise to keep watching this train wreck if you’ll send those two to ....... anywhere else. And also their sad children. And Kneel. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Uh oh.  Maybe Sherlock "Columbo" Tightpockets will dig around in his shorts and come up with a clue.

I don't think anyone could dig around in Paulie's Tightpockets without a stick of dynamite and a pneumatic drill.  He's been packing tight for so long it's like a dinosaur dig down there.

• Love 12
(edited)

I predict (having not watched for weeks) Shana - she's wonder twins girl, right? anyway she'll stay with Devon (poor grieving RICH Devon) and before you can say Winters she will go from nephew to Uncle. 

SHe and Devon should be marrying just as Hil returns from the mysterious pod/clone/brain transplant farm Nate secretted her off to.

Young Phyl will have a WTD story until Sharon goes off her meds and accidentally pushes her into a wood-chipper... OK down the GCAC stair.

Phyl will take over Hils show cause she's so young.

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, boes said:

I don't think anyone could dig around in Paulie's Tightpockets without a stick of dynamite and a pneumatic drill.  He's been packing tight for so long it's like a dinosaur dig down there.

I see you’re a fan of paleontology, boes! You’ve clearly read the latest paper out of Genoa City University detailing the discovery of a Tightpantsasaurus Vex skeleton under a port-a-potty in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Evidence gathered by industrious grad students include a fossilized male camel toe and a stick insect carapace that shows disturbing signs of mating attempts. Careful study reveals that T-Vex spent its life stumbling awkwardly onto dinosaur gatherings and jumping to ridiculous conclusions about what the stegosaurus and triceratops were doing at the local watering hole. T-Vex may have had inappropriate relations with its egg siblings. This particular dinosaur went extinct long before the meteor struck thanks to a pubic hide that strangled the testicles and rendered later generations sterile. It mostly ate shit.

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that Genoa City is not on the cutting edge of science and discovery.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Abby purposefully flooring the gas pedal and aiming at Tucker most certainly was not.

Not that I'm an Abby apologist, but I don't recall that she did it on purpose.

17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not that I'm an Abby apologist, but I don't recall that she did it on purpose.

Oh, she did, LOL. They showed Abby and Ashley arguing in the car and Ashley telling Abby to slow down as they were getting close to the cabin. The headlights hit Tucker as he waited in front of the cabin. Abby sees him, gets a determined angry look on her face, cut to a shot of her foot flooring the gas pedal, back to Ashley yelling at Abby to slow down and trying to pull the steering wheel as Abby braces for impact.

That cow mowed him down with malice and forethought!

Then we had Victor and Ashley bending over backwards to protect her and she all the while proud and crowing about what she did. Tucker even lied to help cover it up for Ashley's sake. Abby should've straight up gone to jail without passing go.

• Love 10

Billy is sharp as a watermelon and hot as a penguin’s arsehole. 

Of course, Summer is as smart as they come. I suppose if Jack was able to say that with a straight face, he has the inner strength to tolerate Phyllis’s pan-fried fuckery. He really shouldn’t though.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

According to the Canadian recap I read today, Summer called Billy sharp and hot, and Jack and Phyllis are best friends. Only in Mal's world.

And don’t worry! JT and GT are back to remind us they’re running the show and Philly is here to stay. “Nick who? Oh, was that for our Emmy reels? Let’s discuss our scripts for hours.”

• Love 6
13 hours ago, spinxella said:

Boy, I am not a Philly fan like-at ALL-but Summer is just being so gross here. Who wants to hook up with their mother's discards? Maybe so she can hear those magical words, that every young woman wants to hear from their bed-partner, "Um...that's not how your Mom does it."

Staahhp!

• Love 16

Let us not forget that Summer is flirting with someone she thought was her blood uncle for a while. Of course she went full speed ahead with the brother fucking, so maybe borderline incest just turns her on. It will all end in sorrow anyway the first time Billy asks her to dig for gold as erotic foreplay. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, miamama said:

Oh wow @HeatLifer a new photo shoot too! Lmao. Yep Mal’s 6-month plan has revealed itself. 

Isn’t his plan just to consistently feature Gina Tognoni with every damn character and to keep Philly together at all costs? What’s the point of watching when you know the outcome again and again and again?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Isn’t his plan just to consistently feature Gina Tognoni with every damn character and to keep Philly together at all costs? What’s the point of watching when you know the outcome again and again and again?

Because, maybe, JUST maybe, somebody will be careless with a bucket of water and 

giphy.gif

• Love 14

Okay, so if Summer and Billy hook up, wouldn't Victoria be even  more repulsed by her ex hooking up with her niece?  I mean Phyllis would certainly be OTT enraged, as would Nick, but I feel like Vic might be the most creeped out about it.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Okay, so if Summer and Billy hook up, wouldn't Victoria be even  more repulsed by her ex hooking up with her niece?  I mean Phyllis would certainly be OTT enraged, as would Nick, but I feel like Vic might be the most creeped out about it.  

bring it awnnnn bring it awnnnnn

• Love 3
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Yes. As long as Mal is there, we know Philly will stay together. Nick, Summer, whoever are just minor distractions. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, granderobino said:

Maybe so she can hear those magical words, that every young woman wants to hear from their bed-partner, "Um...that's not how your Mom does it."

Yeah, your mom bites me and sucks my blood. I want the whole soapy enchilada, Summer and Billy sleep together, she has his baby. But I know that won't happen. Like I said in an earlier post, there won't be any long-term obstacles. 

• Love 8

Maybe Phyl will sleep with Jack and have a WTD three-way like Sharon did. I vote Dad Jack and all the soapy drama it implies. Butt and Banana have enough invisible tots.

If ever a show needed a shot of testosterone- young hot guys. If Dummer fails to get Butt, her only fall back is Devon or Mariah.  

• Love 8
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Yeah, your mom bites me and sucks my blood. I want the whole soapy enchilada, Summer and Billy sleep together, she has his baby. But I know that won't happen. Like I said in an earlier post, there won't be any long-term obstacles. 

The mind runs riot on this one! Both characters are so horrible that they may implode upon any sort of penetration, or...

• Billy catches more than Summer's drift and becomes the poster boy for the PSA-centric arc, "Chlamidia, Silent Slayer of Men"
  • Billy suffocates and passes on from anoxia while going for a motorboat ride
  • Billy blows out his remaining IQ points while trying to remember how to copulate with anything other than a python
  • Love 10

I'm keeping in mind that Dummer is just a blip on the Luv Train.  Show can always decide to soras Lucy and give ButtBiscuit a chance at all three generations.  

Come to think of it, Grannie Pantie's mother is still alive, too........

All Phylthy, all the time.  With a Nostrildumbass chaser.

• Love 11

Half watched and boy was the show boring.  Shawna got in Lily's face about the accident.  Nick wants to move out of Sharon's house and  build a dream home.  Dummer seduced Kyle to get him to tell his secret about Phyllis, which he oddly did, and then left him alone on the sofa with his rising expectations unmet.  Oh, and Arturo is suddenly back and he and Abby literally danced on JT's grave.  I fully expected her sister to show up and throttle her, but sadly, that didn't happen.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, bannana said:

Half watched and boy was the show boring.  Shawna got in Lily's face about the accident.  Nick wants to move out of Sharon's house and  build a dream home.  Dummer seduced Kyle to get him to tell his secret about Phyllis, which he oddly did, and then left him alone on the sofa with his rising expectations unmet.  Oh, and Arturo is suddenly back and he and Abby literally danced on JT's grave.  I fully expected her sister to show up and throttle her, but sadly, that didn't happen.

Yes, bannana, that was one dull, pointless episode--mostly telegraphing. Are we supposed to play compare-and-contrast with Abby and Summer? I guess so. Is Summer a completely vile and inane piece of work? Well, yes. Is Shawna going after Lily? Absotively. Can we smell what the Mal is cooking with Tycoon Nick, Sharon, and Phyllis? Are you sick of rhetorical questions?

• Love 14