Type keyword(s) to search

Where Are They Now?: SYTYCD Alumni's Current Projects

• Start Topic

There is a channel on YouTube called "React" where the producers display videos called Kids React, Teens React, YouTubers React, Seniors React, and, recently, Celebrities React.  In the most recent YouTubers React, D-Trix was one of the YouTubers "reacting".

They're reacting to K-Pop musicians.

Jasmine Harper was singing backup (!) and dancing behind TSwift at the VMAs last night. And she's in the "Bang Bang" music video. This girl is deservedly killing it in the industry right now.

• Love 2

Jasmine Harper was singing backup (!) and dancing behind TSwift at the VMAs last night. And she's in the "Bang Bang" music video. This girl is deservedly killing it in the industry right now.

I'm so happy for her. I was outraged when she was eliminated. I hope her career trajectory is as fantastic as that of the also-prematurely-eliminated Jennifer Hudson (from American Idol).

• Love 2

I'm so happy for her. I was outraged when she was eliminated. I hope her career trajectory is as fantastic as that of the also-prematurely-eliminated Jennifer Hudson (from American Idol).

I agree with you on Jasmine's awesomeness, but I'm not sure what you mean by eliminated.  Jasmine was never eliminated, she just came in 2nd place.  If you are saying you think she should have won...then ok, I can agree with that, though I think for me it was too close to call between her and Amy.

• Love 1

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere so I'll put it here.  I guess Twitch has been on the Ellen show for a bit and we all know that she is a huge fan of the show, so he put on a show for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTKgjfNEHu4

I was able to identify all of the dancers...are you?  I'll spoiler it for fun and you can play along. Edit: Not sure why it's showing up as a link instead of an embedded video.

Twitch

Allison

Jasmine

Lauren

Courtney

Marko

Fikshun

Robert

Okay so I know I am extremely late in responding to this post because I only just watched the video today - dance itself is amazing (of course) but I was silly enough to read the comments and see what other people thought, and was highly annoyed by the number of people saying "Hey that's DTrix's girlfriend!".  I was just thinking, yeah, she is also the WINNER of SYTYCD season 7.  But sure, let's reduce her to so-and-so's girlfriend.

Although speaking of Dominic, I actually like watching his channel but he has started doing videos with dancing and I thought I had to share this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJFbZPJsCFg

• Love 1

Russell also posted a few videos from a Las Vegas show he performed in last year featuring several SYTYCD alum, including Comfort, Allison, Travis, and Melanie.  This duet from Russell and Comfort really makes me wish the show would consider doing an allstar season.

It's good to see that Russell is keeping busy in dance. He'd vanished for a while. They didn't do a tour with his season IIRC, and I felt like he was left out of the SYTYCD family, so to speak. 

It's good to see that Russell is keeping busy in dance. He'd vanished for a while. They didn't do a tour with his season IIRC, and I felt like he was left out of the SYTYCD family, so to speak. 

Season 6 didn't tour, but Russell was on the season 7 tour, though I'm not sure he danced as much as you'd expect a SYTYCD winner to dance. It was a weird situation and it did feel like he wasn't one of them, you're right.

• Love 2

Didn't Russell injure his knee pretty badly right before he was announced the winner? Maybe it took a long time to heal, which made him lose a lot of the momentum winners have right after their season. (My speculation only, I'm not privy to Russell's situation.)

• Love 1

Am I understanding this correctly that China hosted a USA v. China SYTYCD battle???????  WHERE IS THE FULL SHOW (with English subtitles)??

Based on the videos Russell posted, it appears a Chinese station sponsored the competition and filmed it at the MGM Grand in Vegas.  It would be great to see the other performances; however, I have not been able to find any videos from the show besides the ones Russell posted. 

• Love 1

Well, I was disappointed that Mark Kanemura wasn't on this past season and wondering why? It seems he's been exercising (maybe exorcising would be the better word, hee!)  his "left-of-centre" artistic skills in a different medium recently...

He recently posted this on his Facebook page:

Mark Kanemura
17 hrs ·

Here it is... my first official music video that i shot and edited! Thank you Squared Division and DJ Havana Brown for giving me the opportunity!

I found it to be quite humorous, but it may not be to everyone's taste.  

I saw the Broadway production of "On the Town" last night and was pleasantly surprised to see Jess LeProtto in the ensemble. Just as he was in "Newsies", Jess is a stand out in this production. His dancing is sublime on the big stage in person. I don't know if it is because he is short or he is just that great of a Broadway dancer but he seems to always front and center in the production numbers. In this show, he has quite a few lines and I always seemed to be focused on him. After the show, I got his autograph and he was very congenial to the fans.

• Love 4

And Paul assisted with that Ed Sheeran choreography as well!

Ivan Koumaev is still on tour with Justin Timberlake. In addition to watching the JT concert, I also got the chance to take class from him when they were in Australia. He is really an amazing dancer and it's awesome that his dream to dance for JT came true! As for class, I found him to be an engaging teacher and he seemed really genuine about giving the best experience for everyone instead of just throwing his choreography at us.

• Love 2

Brittany is just breathtaking in that video.

Agreed.  I was unhappy she went out so early.  

Ed was a bit of a surprise as well!! (in a good way)

Thanks to inmyeyes for the info that Paul was also involved because I was wondering when Nappy Tabs learned all those ballroom moves. (I know Brittany is ballroom, but I was thinking about who showed Ed the moves.)

• Love 2

Artem Chigvintsev was recently in a stage show by DWTS' Chmerkovskiys called "Sway 2.0" in December, along with Serge Onik from last season - and Artem was just on a couple of Holland America cruises in January as the main male pro star. Dmitry Chaplin and Armen Way (from last season) are currently on tour with "Ballroom with a Twist" (with Tony Dovolani, Cheryl Burke and Anna Trebunskaya from DWTS.)  Jenna Johnson from SYTYCD Season 10 was also in Sway in December (and she's in the troupe on DWTS the last several seasons.) Pasha Kovalev just won Strictly (Anya Garnis wasn't given a partner but was on the show as a choreographer - and she and Pasha are doing a tour of the UK this spring.) Chelsie Hightower is currently doing a tour called "Dancing Pros Live" with Karina Smirnoff and Edyta Sliwinska from DWTS:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Dancing-Pros-Live-tickets/artist/1984780

Edited by Morrigan

Cole Horibe is going to on Hawaii 5-0 this Friday. I have no idea how big his role will be - probably not very - but it will be fun to see him.

Edited by Babalu
  • Love 1