Type keyword(s) to search

Future of Movie Stars: Who Will Shine? Who Will Fade Away?

• Start Topic

These kinds of slideshows bring up a couple of points on why some actors make it and some remain working actors who never break out or fade away entirely.

Because of rigid beauty standards and directors, casting directors, etc. with a particular idea of what certain character types look like, there isn't enough variety in casting. This is bad for talented actors who have to fight harder to get a chance and also muddies things for talented actors who are conventionally attractive and look like that type of bombshell or that type of ingenue or that type of action hero. Unless you have undeniable star quality and can guarantee a huge audience watching your projects, you are replaceable. 

Actual stars are less likely to have equally famous dopplegangers. There are some exceptions but this slideshow does not feature the biggest celebs. Iconic movie stars still have that untouchable illusion and mystique. They give the impression that they aren't replaceable. That no one looks quite like Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe. Though at the time and especially today, plenty of people try.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, aradia22 said:

Because of rigid beauty standards and directors, casting directors, etc. with a particular idea of what certain character types look like, there isn't enough variety in casting. This is bad for talented actors who have to fight harder to get a chance and also muddies things for talented actors who are conventionally attractive and look like that type of bombshell or that type of ingenue or that type of action hero. Unless you have undeniable star quality and can guarantee a huge audience watching your projects, you are replaceable. 

I remember an earlier post saying something about how leading ladies must have heart-shaped faces, and that's been pretty true. Sometimes a round or long face (Sally Field; Meryl Streep) will make it through, but generally the heart-shaped face has been held up as the ideal.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 1:08 PM, Avabelle said:

Was she meant to be 40 in it? I haven’t seen the movie in years but thought they were hoping to convince us she was younger. 

I thought it was pretty obvious they were trying to make us think that she was still in her 30's, although they didn't flat out say it like they did in "Laws of Attraction" where they straight up said that Julianne Moore's character was 35.

I totally agree that Failure to Launch tried to have Zoey Deschanel hang around Sarah Jessica Parker to try and make her seem younger, more hip and with it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was watching Outbreak for the first time recently(cuz of y'know) and I thought "Man this movie is really 90s". And one of the reasons for that?  Rene Russo is the female lead!  She's so synonymous with that decade for me now. Is there an actress do you think like that for the 2000s or 2010s?

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I was watching Outbreak for the first time recently(cuz of y'know) and I thought "Man this movie is really 90s". And one of the reasons for that?  Rene Russo is the female lead!  She's so synonymous with that decade for me now. Is there an actress do you think like that for the 2000s or 2010s?

I had such a crush on Rene Russo, after seeing her in movies like Lethal Weapon 3 and Get Shorty.

As for the 2000s, maybe Reese Witherspoon? She really broke out as a star with Legally Blonde in 2001, then had a string of hits leading to her Oscar win for Walk The Line in 2005. But she sort of faded after that. Or perhaps Sandra Bullock, who started the 2000s with comedies like 28 Days and Miss Congeniality and ended it with her Oscar win for The Blind Side.

• Love 6

Coming up on the one year anniversary of the ending of Game of Thrones, none of those actors have really “broken out” and become A-list, although some of done better than others.

Lena Headey - Has she done anything since Fighting with My Family? She’s not starred in anything that I can recall. Her turn in PP&Z was bad. 

Peter Dinklage - He’s always going to get the roles he gets. He should do more Three Billboards and fewer (heh, Stannis) Pixels.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau - He’s continued to do his Danish films, and he seems perfectly happy with that. He stars in them. They do well overseas, but he’s not broken in with anything big in Hollywood, but I think he would like to.

Gwendoline Christie - She starred in a really well received stage production of Midsummer Night’s Dream. She also had a small part in the new David Copperfield. Her big role was Captain Phasma and they stupidly killed that character off. She seems to like the weird and arty.

Sophie Turner - Dark Phoenix. Enough said.

Maisie Williams - Doing indie work, but nothing acclaimed. She still has time.

Kit Harington - Seems to make a lot of flops.

John Bradley - He’s done nothing since, right?

Emilia Clarke - Is plugged into the cheesey rom-com machine, but they seem to all get panned. She needs a good solid feel good film. 

Jason Momoa - He’s probably done well post his time on GoT but he was only in one season. Aquaman, though a terrible film, was made for him. Now he’s going to be Duncan Idaho in Dune. That has real potential for him.

Isaac Hempstead-Wright - I don’t think he’s been in anything at all.

Dean-Charles Chapman - He’s making a name for himself and I suspect he’ll have a solid career. 1917 was a great career move for him. But he wasn’t “known” as Tommen. Still got a good boost from his time there.

Natalie Dormer - She’s done a few decent things, but The Forest I think it was called was flat out bad. She seems to have stalled since then. She would be great in another historical drama like The Tudors. 

Richard Madden - His career got a fantastic boost from GoT. Maybe the biggest of all the actors. He was fantastic in Bodyguard. I think that’s set for S2.

Pedro Pascal - He made the absolute most of his limited time and role. That translated into Narcos and The Mandalorian. 

Nathalie Emmanuel - Beautiful woman, but acting is not really her forte. I think she’ll continue to plug along.

Alfie Allen - He’ll do great in character roles. 

Tobias Menzies - He was great as Phillip in The Crown, but he would have landed that role without Thrones. Also, S3 Phillip in The Crown is a dick.

Rose Leslie - Had a solid turn on The Good Wife (after Downton), but not much else.

The Sean Beans and Diana Riggs and Charles Dances of the show were already on a solid career trajectory. They didn’t need a Thrones boost.

It’s just interesting, a year gone by to see where they are. People would have picked Sophie, Kit and Emilia to take off as they are young and hot, but that hasn’t happened. 

• Love 2

As for Game of Thrones.. to be fair to the actors it’s only been a year. It was an epic series that went on for 8 years. Madden, Momoa and whoever else exited the series early on or weren’t as big of Characters as the ones who were there the until the end. I think they’d need a Bit longer to separate themselves. It’s difficult for the audience to see them as anything other than the GOT character’s they played And any role they pick will be vulnerable to be torn apart for that very reason. 

• Love 2

They actually finished filming two years ago, which is how NCW has been able to make 4 movies and a failed TV pilot. (To be fair, that pilot sounded terrible no matter who would have starred in it.)

I do think Maisie Williams is going to suffer the most from being identified with her role.

Kit Harington has done some self-sabotage but hopefully he’ll come back from that. Pompeii, which came out during the show’s run, was just terrible. It will take a while to wash that stench off.

Momoa had Stargate cred, and a few other series, but even without Thrones, he likely would have made it into the Super Hero film world. 

Madden though, yeah, his stint on Thrones opened some doors and he made some great choices. Also, that streak of gray hair he’s been sporting is a wise, wise choice.

The actors who wore wigs or had their looks changed for the show, should, theoretically, have an easier time shedding the typecasting. Emilia’s natural look is made for rom coms, while her Dany look was not. Last Christmas wasn’t bad based on her acting, but rather on that terrible script.

Sophie’s dyed red was what made her Sansa. Her turn as Jean Grey was awful, but everyone in that film was awful. Bad script, bad direction, bad acting, all around bad.

I’d like to see more of the Thrones actors do well. I did hear Jack Gleason was thinking of coming back to acting. His Joffrey was fantastic and I think it’s been long enough that he could take on a totally different role.

• Love 2

Ok but the last series only aired last year didn’t it? I’m only watching the show now so don’t know for sure when it finished.

I think with a franchise as big as GOT it’s going to be very difficult for the main actors/characters to separate themselves from the epic characters most of them played. I think they just need to try and let time pass. Probably not easy if they’re being offered the world. I think going out and starring in a blockbuster can put be dangerous as most people are Going to be disappointed to see them not playing the GOT character (unreasonable yes but fans aren’t often reasonable) and if the movie doesn’t do well people say it’s because of the actor.

Khaleesi is actually the only role I’ve liked Emilia Clarke in and even then I moreso tolerated her. I find her insufferable in everything else. The first film I ever saw her in was that brutal Terminator one and I just haven’t enjoyed her anything since. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The actors who wore wigs or had their looks changed for the show, should, theoretically, have an easier time shedding the typecasting. Emilia’s natural look is made for rom coms, while her Dany look was not. Last Christmas wasn’t bad based on her acting, but rather on that terrible script.

I don't think Last Christmas was a bad choice for Emilia, but it was not marketed correctly.  It would have performed better at the box office if it was not marketed as a rom-com when it was not.  It was panned on Twitter before release because of this.  Women who may have purchased tickets for it chose not to after it became apparent that there was no HEA that a true rom-com promises.  

• Love 3

I also think "breakout roles" aren't always the ones we'd think they are.  GOT was probably the biggest thing a lot of these actors had been in but the ebbs and flows of their careers aren't always tied to it.

For instance, I'd argue Bodyguard was likely a bigger breakout role for Richard Madden.  It was a pretty big hit.  Not GOT big but big and he was THE star of it.  That's when I saw him being talked about for other big roles.

Tobias Menzies is just one of those good actors who was working and is going to work.  His most memorable role is probably going to be Outlander (although for me its Rome) over GOT. Not mega star but it's going to pay his bills.

Jason Mamoa didn't just jump to Aquaman after his GOT role. He had to audition. 

The actors are likely getting more opportunities but the stars still have to align like they did with GOT.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Natalie Dormer - She’s done a few decent things, but The Forest I think it was called was flat out bad. She seems to have stalled since then. She would be great in another historical drama like The Tudors. 

We are having a nice discussion of Natalie’s performances in Penny Dreadful: City of Angels forum if you’d like to check it out. Up to episode 4 right now and she’s very impressive playing 4 difference characters. 

Of the Game of Thrones lot, Pascal, Madden and Emmanuel seem to be the most firmly set.

Pedro Pascal was great in Narcos, which got a lot of praise, then The Mandalorian, which I thought was very average. But it's a flagship Disney series. He's likely to remain primarily a TV actor, but that's not a knock against anyone any more.

I suspect Richard Madden is in line to be the next Bond. The Bodyguard was very successful and felt very much like a tester for the modern, damaged Bond. It was interesting that he was cast as a 'famous face cameo' in 1917, along with Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch and others.

Nathalie Emmanuel seems to be everywhere, and while she's probably not going to be an A-lister, she's in the Fast and Furious movies and she did that Four Weddings series.

I think Kit Harington badly needs a role that allows him to get away from the surly, brooding hero archetype. He has got a role in Marvel's The Eternals coming up, but it's one that I think is fairly similar to Jon Snow. And Emilia Clarke just needs to be in something that makes money, before people stop wanting to hire her. I don't think she's to blame for the failures of any of her projects, but she needs to find one that works.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Madden though, yeah, his stint on Thrones opened some doors and he made some great choices. Also, that streak of gray hair he’s been sporting is a wise, wise choice.

11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think Last Christmas was a bad choice for Emilia, but it was not marketed correctly.  It would have performed better at the box office if it was not marketed as a rom-com when it was not.  It was panned on Twitter before release because of this.  Women who may have purchased tickets for it chose not to after it became apparent that there was no HEA that a true rom-com promises.  

Me Before You worked and did well because everyone knew going into it what kind of movie it was. I feel like 90 percent of the people who watched the movie read the book. I remember seeing people actually bringing tissues with them.

In the case of Last Christmas, it was marketed as a feel-good romcom when it wasn't. I'm not surprised it flopped.

Anyway, Richard Madden seems to be having the best luck of that cast, along with Pedro Pascal. I think Richard made some great choices to appear in smaller roles in pictures that he knew would do well/be critically acclaimed (Rocketman and 1917) instead of trying to be the lead in a money grab.

And I agree the grey streak thing Madden is doing is pretty neat. It differentiates him from his brother from another mother Sebastian Stan.ae9eac95e646a649d76d1ee1a0541b29.jpg

• Love 4
14 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Lena Headey - Has she done anything since Fighting with My Family? She’s not starred in anything that I can recall. Her turn in PP&Z was bad.

I checked IMDB, and Headey is doing/has done a lot of TV work.  She tends to do well as Cersei-like characters, since even in The Purge she

breaks her neighbor's face against a glass tabletop

and I enjoyed her work in PP&Z. But I like the super cheesy stuff. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters is a must-watch whenever I see it on the schedule.

• Love 2

I know Kit and Richard are in the MCU now but I'm not sure how much appeal Kit has besides being Jon Snow. I don't think Richard needs to worry though, he's a fantastic actor, broodingly handsome and has tons of charisma. I think Nickolaj has a chance at Hollywood stardom, I won't be surprised if he ends up in the MCU too.

I hope my personal favorite, Gwendoline, can find enough roles to keep her in the spotlight. Being that she's so tall that puts her out of the running for a lot (although it shouldn't) but I think she'll do just fine in genre stuff. I would think people would want to cast her because she's a unique type. 

I think Masie will be fine. She's cute and quirky and shouldn't have trouble finding things.

Emilia and Sophie might have to worry about fading away.

• Love 2

That rumor about Nikolaj turning down the casting couch and it stalling his career has always intrigued me. (It's been reported a couple of places, CDAN, LSA and another I think.) The film he did with Brian de Palma, Domino, was a shitshow, but Second Chance and 3Tings were fantastic. I would like to see Nikolaj in something comedic, and I don't mean Gods of Egypt.

I adore Gwendoline! She really seems to love the art house stuff, but I think she would be great in a drama. She has a very expressive face. I want her to do well because of her stature. She'd do great as a business exec almost at the top of the ladder only to discover that they've been making their money off the back of slave labor or something. But she also has a fabulous laugh, so...comedy.

Maisie has done a few things but nothing really well-received.

Richard has the acting chops that Kit wishes he had. I think Kit would do great as the side character techie in a crime drama series.

I think Sophie is going to have to fight not to fade. Dark Phoenix really did her no help and she's fallen into the Jonas shadow. I think Emilia will be okay...never great, but Okay. 

• Love 1

There's something really likeable about Emilia but she's not the greatest actress and I haven't really liked her in anything else I've seen her in. Her role in Me Before You seems like it should have been a good one for her but I don't think she pulled it off. It was like she was trying too hard to be quirky. I haven't seen the sad Christmas movie.

• Love 3

I like Emilia a lot and I think she did well in Me Before You. While she is not the most talented young actor to come from the show, her charisma goes very far.  Emilia enjoyed the ride of being in Hollywood but seems OK with staying more in the UK. She almost died because of her brain aneurysms and I get the sense she has a good outlook on life as a result. She seems more into her charity work and activism. I think she'll be fine with the odd romantic comedy, theatre production, and TV show. 

Kit has very limited range from what I've seen so I worry about him. Sophie is not as good either, but Sophie still has a few more years to improve and she's striking. I wouldn't worry about Maisie. Maisie would probably do well in another field if she wants to try something.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Athena said:

I like Emilia a lot and I think she did well in Me Before You. While she is not the most talented young actor to come from the show, her charisma goes very far.  Emilia enjoyed the ride of being in Hollywood but seems OK with staying more in the UK. She almost died because of her brain aneurysms and I get the sense she has a good outlook on life as a result. She seems more into her charity work and activism. I think she'll be fine with the odd romantic comedy, theatre production, and TV show. 

Kit has very limited range from what I've seen so I worry about him. Sophie is not as good either, but Sophie still has a few more years to improve and she's striking. I wouldn't worry about Maisie. Maisie would probably do well in another field if she wants to try something.  

That's a good point, about Emilia's charity work and, particularly, her health scares. She may be very conscious of the risk of working too much, travelling too much. But I think she's also probably conscious of the stiff competition out there for the sort of roles she might go for. There are lots of big name actresses around her age, with similar profiles, and it seems like someone in the Hollywood machine chooses who to put their full weight behind, then pushes until they succeed or it's clear they won't.

For what it's worth, I liked Emilia in Solo. I thought she did a good job while not needing to stretch herself too much. And I find her very likeable as well. I remember, way back when she was first cast in GoT and we saw some behind the scenes clips of her being interviewed, and the first thing that was immediately evident was how effervescent and warm she was.

She's really the only one from that cast that I genuinely want to see succeed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

She's really the only one from that cast that I genuinely want to see succeed.

Same. I just find Emilia incredibly charming. 

If they were smart they invested their money and none of them really needs another huge hit. They are, if they were wise, positioned to do the kind of work they want, rather than chasing fame and money, though some might want the fame and money. 

• Love 2

I forgot she was in Solo. I also didn't know about her health problems. But yeah, I do like her, I think she'll be okay even if it's doing romcoms for Netflix. Which I happen to like btw.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Athena said:

Maisie reminds me of Elizabeth Moss. Maybe she can find her own Handmaid's Tale.

• Love 3

We've already had this topic, but IMO starting out in a big franchise can be a double-edged sword. You've seen it with "Star Wars", "GoT", Marvel movies and so on: Juggernauts like that tie up a lot of time, you become very closely associated with that character and if you aren't real quick about branching out and making a name for yourself in other projects, it can get dangerous for your career trajectory long-term.

Actors who come in with solid portfolios beforehand often have an easier time to boost their profile because it's already known that they can do other stuff. And if that doesn't work out, they can fall back on their other established work and go on as before (see Coster-Waldau etc.).

• Love 4

Finn Wolfhard has a very unique look. He reminds me of an Anne Rice vampire came to life, judging from his pale complexion and being the get to guy for horror. I am wondering about the new Ghostbusters he is in. I hope to see it someday after all this is over.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:06 AM, Danny Franks said:

For what it's worth, I liked Emilia in Solo. I thought she did a good job while not needing to stretch herself too much.

I thought Emilia was marvelous in Solo too, the best I've ever seen her in. She was in the pocket, without going over like she did in roles like Me Before You. And honestly, one reason Emilia was great in Solo was that Ron Howard was able to tame her hammy eyebrows! Seeing those brows overdo it on the big screen in Me Before You is a horror I still haven't shaken off… 

• LOL 5

I guess TENET has been delayed again, but I am looking forward to it. In part because it is a Nolan movie. In addition, based on BlaKKKansman and Ballers, I also think that John David Washington has inherited a lot of the big screen charisma that made his father Denzel a star.

• Love 4

Watching Bad Times at the El Royale.  First off, Cynthia Erivo is insanely talented and should just be in everything.  Second of all, I've never seen a 50 Shades movie so those not withstanding, but I've never seen Dakota Johnson in something and not been impressed.  Even in her one scene in The Social Network she just pops off the screen.  She's a case of Hollywood nepotism that's worth it.  

• Love 7

Since yesterday when I heard about Kelly Preston's passing I've had this scene from Jerry Maguire stuck in my head on a loop.  Jerry Maguire was a movie night staple in college and I realized that a lot of the lines that college roommate and I still quote to this day belong to Preston's character Avery.  (I sent her the "sensitivity thing" rant from memory.  She responded with "Don't.  Ever.  Stop.  Fucking me.")  The bitchy girlfriend (who is essentially gone after the first act) is a bit of thankless role but Preston's performance is very memorable and still holds up.  It's a shame that this movie didn't really jump start bigger and better for her.

• Love 7

Kelly Preston was one of those actors who I liked a lot, without ever really recognising it. Jerry Maguire solidified her in my head as that sexy, bitchy, cruel ex and then that image was subverted completely with Nothing To Lose, where you think she's cheating on her husband with his boss, but then realise it's all a huge misunderstanding and she's actually a sweet, loving wife.

She was also great in For Love of the Game, where she played the long-suffering love of Kevin Costner's ageing baseball player. The storyline is schmaltzy and melodramatic, but she sold it well. If that movie had been a hit, I think she'd have won some more high profile roles. But then she was in Battlefield Earth, and that movie killed more than one career.

• Love 10

As he said it's so true that a great role like the one Edward Norton played in Primal Fear where the bigger names turned it down so an unknown has a chance to get it and make their career is rare. I learned not only did Leo DiCaprio turn it down but Will Wheaton, even though his agent BEGGED him to take it!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

As he said it's so true that a great role like the one Edward Norton played in Primal Fear where the bigger names turned it down so an unknown has a chance to get it and make their career is rare. I learned not only did Leo DiCaprio turn it down but Will Wheaton, even though his agent BEGGED him to take it!

I’m afraid to watch it. I still love Matt Damon’s movies, but every interview he does makes me like him less and less as a person 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, topanga said:

I’m afraid to watch it. I still love Matt Damon’s movies, but every interview he does makes me like him less and less as a person 

Really? I guess I've been watching different ones because he seems like a down to earth guy in them, like the one I posted above. This one where he tells a Tom Cruise story is hilarious:

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, VCRTracking said:

Really? I guess I've been watching different ones because he seems like a down to earth guy in them, like the one I posted above.

He's a first degree mansplainer and #notallmen reactionary, especially about sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood - and with bonus points for being at his worst when it's a black woman speaking truth - marinating in his privilege while holding himself out as a progressive ally.  I've long since stopped caring what he might have to say that isn't offensive, since there are others making the same points without being such jackasses on other fronts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, Bastet said:

He's a first degree mansplainer and #notallmen reactionary, especially about sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood - and with bonus points for being at his worst when it's a black woman speaking truth - marinating in his privilege while holding himself out as a progressive ally.  I've long since stopped caring what he might have to say that isn't offensive, since there are others making the same points without being such jackasses on other fronts.

He later apologized about the Weinstein comments but fair enough. I thought about what he does say at the end of the original video I posted "The (Hollywood) system isn't built for you to succeed. You have to break through it." He's speaking from his perspective though. He and Ben Affleck co writing  a screenplay to star in because the chances of another big role like the one in "Primary Fear" being given to another unknown were going to be very small. I think for those who aren't straight, white men though, the better solution might be to change the system.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2020 at 12:25 AM, VCRTracking said:

Really? I guess I've been watching different ones because he seems like a down to earth guy in them

He can both be a down to earth seeming dude on 99% of topics and still someone who thinks calling himself an ally on topics makes him one.  I can forgive mistakes.  We're all human.  But he just keeps stepping in it and even when he claims he realizes he needs to listen more, I'm not really convinced he actually does. Or even knows who to listen to.

23 hours ago, Bastet said:

and with bonus points for being at his worst when it's a black woman speaking truth

I don't think he has ever addressed the Project Greenlight moment has he? 

• Love 9
(edited)

I watched an indie movie called The Assistant starring Julia Garner. I remember her from The Americans as Kimmie as well as a brief bit in the Perks of Being A Wallflower. I think she's good and I'm happy for her that her star seems to be rising. However, she has such a unique and cool look which means that I'm terrified that she's going to pressured hard by Hollywood into conforming into the mold through glam procedurals and lose all that. I hope I'm wrong and she doesn't get too Hollywoodized. We need more stars who don't look exactly like everyone else in Hollywood. (I can think of at least 3 other actresses that look like Margot Robbie right now.)

Edited by methodwriter85
On 7/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I watched an indie movie called The Assistant starring Julia Garner. I remember her from The Americans as Kimmie as well as a brief bit in the Perks of Being A Wallflower. I think she's good and I'm happy for her that her star seems to be rising. However, she has such a unique and cool look which means that I'm terrified that she's going to pressured hard by Hollywood into conforming into the mold through glam procedurals and lose all that. I hope I'm wrong and she doesn't get too Hollywoodized. We need more stars who don't look exactly like everyone else in Hollywood. (I can think of at least 3 other actresses that look like Margot Robbie right now.)

I haven’t seen Perks of Being a Wallflower, but the character she plays on Ozark is very different from Kimmie. 

On 7/31/2020 at 5:15 AM, Avabelle said:

Is the accent she uses for Ozark her real accent? I love it but it’s so strong I figured it wasn’t hers..

Garner's from New York, and no it isn't. I first saw her in Grandma with Lily Tomlin, and she doesn't sound like that in anything else she's been in.

• Love 1

Speaking of curly, blonde, bobbed hair actresses, remember that time in the late 80s and early 90s when Penelope Ann Miller seemed to be in practically everything? She was the go-to ingenue for a while.

Edited by VCRTracking
On 7/21/2020 at 2:45 AM, Bastet said:

He's absolutely awful

On 7/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm not sure what's unique about her look -- she's a cute blonde? -- but she's also in "Maniac" as Emma Stone's sister if that interests you.

Margot Robbie already looked like Jaime Pressly when she arrived on the scene ;) 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
On 5/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, festivus said:

There's something really likeable about Emilia but she's not the greatest actress and I haven't really liked her in anything else I've seen her in. Her role in Me Before You seems like it should have been a good one for her but I don't think she pulled it off. It was like she was trying too hard to be quirky. I haven't seen the sad Christmas movie.

Don't bother with the sad Christmas movie, that's my advice!  I wanted to love it, but what a waste.  I loved Emilia in "Solo" also.

On 8/16/2020 at 12:14 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm not sure what's unique about her look -- she's a cute blonde? -- but she's also in "Maniac" as Emma Stone's sister if that interests you.

Margot Robbie already looked like Jaime Pressly when she arrived on the scene 😉

Julia's short curly hair, very pale skin, thin lips, and wider nose aren't really in vogue in current Hollywood, which seems to want surfer Australian bombshells right now. She totally looks like she belongs in a 1930's movie, though. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1