Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 10/3/2019 at 2:17 AM, Trixie2 said:

Sydney’s hair looks cute    I think the longer hair made her look younger ( as In immature) 

Edited by dariafan
I adore Trixie, but not quoting her :)
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Laurendcc said:

Honestly, she was way out of joshs league.  Now she can find someone better. Still sad she has to go through this

I always thought she was too pretty for him. I thought he was douchey looking. I guess it’s because I’m an old hag. 😂😂

Edited by tteek74
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, tteek74 said:

I always thought she was too pretty for him. I thought he was douchey looking. I guess it’s because I’m an old hag. 😂😂

Looks have always been a bonus to me...there are so many other more important things in picking a partner...I used to date a guy who looked like Buck Owens...he was great and we had so much in common....his looks never mattered. 

On 10/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, AnotherSadLove said:

I think most people read between the lines that the resignation was....encouraged. 

She was asked to resign (which) looks better on your resume...or be fired. 

3 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Why was she asked/encouraged to resign? I didn't know that. 

Mostly fraternizing & going to bars while underage.  On the show in one scene Kelli told her she didn't trust her and said "Should we cut you?"  Holly said she wanted to get their trust back.  Next thing you know Kelli said Holly turned in her resignation letter.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Mostly fraternizing & going to bars while underage.  On the show in one scene Kelli told her she didn't trust her and said "Should we cut you?"  Holly said she wanted to get their trust back.  Next thing you know Kelli said Holly turned in her resignation letter.  

I've always felt that Kelli was uncharacteristically easy on Holly, i.e., an average skilled dancer would have been fired without hesitation!!   Goodness, Holly lied through her teeth to Kelli saying initially "I didn't...I'm not...."Whaaa?"  then on to "I'm sorry; it was wrong & immature of me; it won't happen again..,".  So possibly after-the-fact Kelli was told about Holly's snarky comment "Oh well, it was fun!", or, Kelly told Charlotte and Charlotte said "This is a privilege...on my team!  Let her go!"  Because Kelly was going to keep her on the team initially (due to her exceptional dance skills, I believe).  

• Love 1

When Holly said she wasn't currently talking to players, my mind immediately went to "ok fine, just what are you doing with the players then??" LOL

I honestly thought Holly was WAY too big for her britches & her dancing wasn't so great that she was worth the attitude she oozed.  I hope the fact that she didn't become the big star she seemed to think she'd be in LA humbled her a little.

• Love 9

I think when Holly said “But it was fun, though” that she was pretty much over the micro-managing of the DCC.  She knew her spot on the team was hanging by a thread, that Kelli would never trust her again, she would probably lose her spot in the triangle, can’t remember if she was told she wouldn’t be going to Canton or not.  She probably figured why bother at this point when she could be living her life in full versus this micro-managed life.  So I think she weighed her options and a life of freedom won.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ahh I see. And actually I got confused and thought those comments were about Kelli Q being encouraged to retire. I was like what, why? I forgot there was talk of Holly going on. Hah 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

I think when Holly said “But it was fun, though” that she was pretty much over the micro-managing of the DCC.  She knew her spot on the team was hanging by a thread, that Kelli would never trust her again, she would probably lose her spot in the triangle, can’t remember if she was told she wouldn’t be going to Canton or not.  She probably figured why bother at this point when she could be living her life in full versus this micro-managed life.  So I think she weighed her options and a life of freedom won.

We could probably say Holly used the DCC as a stepping stone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Was she asked to resign or did Holly have a change of heart and choose to of her own accord? I thought I remembered the talk back then and that it was she quit on her own. @Smplsimon do you know/recall?

I remember the rumor that her mother told her to threaten them with quitting if they didn't let her go to Canton or do appearances and they said no, so she quit🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I heard her say not currently emphasizing the currently not talking to meaning Yeah she had been, but not right now     And no one should have been serving her   I know different rules for celebrity and athletes 

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought they were referring to Kelli Quinn 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, kerrieway said:

Was she asked to resign or did Holly have a change of heart and choose to of her own accord? I thought I remembered the talk back then and that it was she quit on her own. @Smplsimon do you know/recall?

Holly was given the choice to resign before she was fired. That’s what happened.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I remember the rumor that her mother told her to threaten them with quitting if they didn't let her go to Canton or do appearances and they said no, so she quit🤷‍♀️

She quit before she was fired. That’s what happened. 

• Love 1

I feel there’s a harshness to Holly’s recent pics that have been posted here (i don’t follow her IG, so not sure if that’s the norm), and she already looks quite a bit older than she is, so that’s not something that she needs, IMO.  When she first moved to Cali and changed her hair and makeup, I really thought she looked great, but I’m not seeing that as much in the recent pics. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

8B19U5l.jpg

8gDxIS1.jpg

NuRyrO5.jpgAx7Pddn.png6h90XLQ.pngiagZ7bK.jpg

So nice to see Vanessa Jenkins. Her mom was our postal carrier at a previous home. She was so nice and got me an autographed photo. She gave us some neat inside info too about the process. I always wished she’d danced another season!

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So nice to see Vanessa Jenkins. Her mom was our postal carrier at a previous home. She was so nice and got me an autographed photo. She gave us some neat inside info too about the process. I always wished she’d danced another season!

Malia was in Sarah G's IG stories, so she's in town as well.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

The other black woman besides Jackie and Mia . I don’t think she was ever really mentioned or interviewed on the show. 

She was in the segment with jump split clinic led by Meredith and Kristin G. It was Vanessa Jenkins, Jackie Bob, Ashley Kelly, possibly Megan Mc Vey and maybe 1 or 2 other girls who names I don't recall.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She was in the segment with jump split clinic led by Meredith and Kristin G. It was Vanessa Jenkins, Jackie Bob, Ashley Kelly, possibly Megan Mc Vey and maybe 1 or 2 other girls who names I don't recall.

They should have a clinic with any girls who don't know how to do a jump split or who would like to be sure they are doing it right.  That way when they take them out to the field for the first time, they have learned safely without PRESSURE.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They should have a clinic with any girls who don't know how to do a jump split or who would like to be sure they are doing it right.  That way when they take them out to the field for the first time, they have learned safely without PRESSURE.

100% agree. Just said herself she never had to do it. Melissa stressed how it’s completely unnatural for the body to do a jump split. Every season they talk about injuries from it. However the girls seem to learn it in an hour before being judged on it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

8B19U5l.jpg

8gDxIS1.jpg

NuRyrO5.jpgAx7Pddn.png6h90XLQ.pngiagZ7bK.jpg

Since Season 4 is my favorite DCC season, I’m loving this reunion. Everyone looks awesome! These ladies were both talented and beautiful. I miss seasons like this....no favoritism....just ladies who were excellent dancers and beautiful! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Pksbena1 said:

Since Season 4 is my favorite DCC season, I’m loving this reunion. Everyone looks awesome! These ladies were both talented and beautiful. I miss seasons like this....no favoritism....just ladies who were excellent dancers and beautiful! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Now a Season 7 reunion with all 19 rookies would be awesome as well:)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now a Season 7 reunion with all 19 rookies would be awesome as well:)

I agree. I’m friends with one of the rookies! That’s another reason I  enjoyed season 7. Not enjoying these recent seasons very much....if at all. 

Edited by Pksbena1
Corrected wording
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

100% agree. Just said herself she never had to do it. Melissa stressed how it’s completely unnatural for the body to do a jump split. Every season they talk about injuries from it. However the girls seem to learn it in an hour before being judged on it. 

Who never had to do it.  Kelli? I know Melissa had to do it.

Awesome to see the Season 4 ladies again, have not seen Joanna Liad in years. I can still hear Judy yelling “PUSH, Joanna!!!” when they were doing their final kickline. I’m a shorty, too, and felt bad for her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Awesome to see the Season 4 ladies again, have not seen Joanna Liad in years. I can still hear Judy yelling “PUSH, Joanna!!!” when they were doing their final kickline. I’m a shorty, too, and felt bad for her. 

Ha! Me too! Loved Joanna! She had to either ‘Go big or go home!’ Glad she made the team. Somewhere I read she was a doctor. Anyone know if this is true? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Ha! Me too! Loved Joanna! She had to either ‘Go big or go home!’ Glad she made the team. Somewhere I read she was a doctor. Anyone know if this is true? 

The last thing I saw about her is from 2014.  She was an assistant director & choreographer for Texas Revolution dancers.