Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I may be the only person in the universe who doesn't think babies are cute.  Now puppies, yes!!!!!

Me and you, together on this opinion. I just don't have the gene. I don't care about kids at all. It's like, "look at this grocery bag, isn't it cute?!" I'm also with you about puppies!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

All my favorite DCC’s...gathered together for a girl/kid weekend. Think they do this each year! Brooke, Trisha, Crystal, Brittney E, Jordan T, Tobie, Mia, Lauren, Justine, Cassie, Tia, and Michelle! Such lovely ladies! MTT: Seasons 4-5! ❤️❤️

A8EE8EFF-BE15-4C45-A362-F0DC83F26891.png

Edited by Pksbena1
  • Love 3
On 12/20/2019 at 2:15 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I may be the only person in the universe who doesn't think babies are cute.  Now puppies, yes!!!!!

I’m the opposite . I think dogs are gross and annoying and can’t understand why people go ga-ga for them. Just keep them away from me lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Very happy for her. Beautiful couple. Supposedly he used to date Rachel W. Curious what happened there. 

My guess is the distance - she was at Clemson and he was at Oklahoma and then Texas A&M, but who knows:)

I have been watching some of the older seasons thanks to Pluto. A couple of cheerleaders we don't seem to hear anything about, or at least I haven't seen anything, are Julie Jacobs and the original suck up, Ally Traylor.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, go4luca said:

That was one I could never get behind.  Always gave me serious mean girl vibes.

Exactly. I never understood her appeal. She was not particularly pretty and was a good dancer but nothing amazing. Ally never seems to be in contact with anyone from her days on the squad.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cincivic said:

Exactly. I never understood her appeal. She was not particularly pretty and was a good dancer but nothing amazing. Ally never seems to be in contact with anyone from her days on the squad.

Nicole’s bachelorette party.  

• Love 5
On 12/30/2019 at 7:05 PM, go4luca said:

Ally Traylor and Trish Trevino are my very least favorite DCCs of all time. That situation between Taylor and Cassie should have been just between those two. IMHO, Ally had no business sticking her two cents in, as Judy asked Cassie, not Cassie and Ally, to address the issue.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Ally Traylor and Trish Trivino are my very least favorite DCCs of all time. That situation between Taylor and Cassie should have been just between those two. IMHO, Ally had no business sticking her two cents in, as Judy asked Cassie, not Cassie and Ally, to address the issue.

That entire scene made me feel so uncomfortable.  I've never forgotten it.

• Love 11

I follow a subreddit called r/AmItheAsshole where people describe a situation and ask if they’re the asshole. You can leave a judgement with explanation of YTA (you’re the asshole), NTA (not the asshole), INFO to get more information, NAH (no assholes here) and last but not least...ESH. Everyone sucks here. 

Every time the Cassie/Taylor/Ally situation comes up, I’m like yup, ESH. No winners here, they all suck. 

Any of those three could have described the situation from their POV and I’d be like yup, ESH. 

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

That entire scene made me feel so uncomfortable.  I've never forgotten it.

So awkward when Taylor got called out. Did Cassie hear Taylor bragging about not needing to practice? Did others hear it too? 

18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@Dnst1973, I was going to say yes, Cassie did hear Taylor bragging about not practicing, but now that I think about it, I think I remember Cassie saying that others reported it to her.

That’s what I think as well. Thank you. 
The Chelsea fiasco was just as awkward! 

4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if her dress had cut-outs 🤣

Blurry screen-grab, but they did TS.  I didn't think any of the cut girls did that.  

image.png.68cdab6ed47bffefd1d05543523b673b.png

It was Jessica Jenna Melissa not sure who else 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Ally Traylor and Trish Trivino are my very least favorite DCCs of all time. That situation between Taylor and Cassie should have been just between those two. IMHO, Ally had no business sticking her two cents in, as Judy asked Cassie, not Cassie and Ally, to address the issue.

Same!!!

• Love 1

Kat did a full year on the squad, tho, so maybe she just kept the good memories and tossed out the rest. I know we were all pretty split about the dress fiasco, so she probably just mentally moved on too. 

I never loved her for the squad personally, but she seems like a sweet gal and very happy. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Kat did a full year on the squad, tho, so maybe she just kept the good memories and tossed out the rest.

Good point, she did get a pinky ring.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It was Jessica Jenna Melissa not sure who else 

I would hate to be doing thunderstruck next to those three plus Kashara lol. All such strong dancers! 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Blurry screen-grab, but they did TS.  I didn't think any of the cut girls did that.  

I believe Hannah (the blonde cut for weight) also did it at her wedding. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I would hate to be doing thunderstruck next to those three plus Kashara lol. All such strong dancers! 

Very true lol. 

Who is the blonde that is behind Amy and to the right in the diamond formation? She is next to Jenna when they are in a straight line. This wasn't that long ago,but I'm drawing a complete blank.

16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Who is the blonde that is behind Amy and to the right in the diamond formation? She is next to Jenna when they are in a straight line. This wasn't that long ago,but I'm drawing a complete blank.

I think it's Mandy???

21 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I believe Hannah (the blonde cut for weight) also did it at her wedding. 

Colby (the one who was cut in TC) was also at the wedding.  

It looks like everyone had a good time. Nobody will probably remember who did what. LOL.  

As someone who has gotten to know Kat a little over the years, she is a very nice person. 😂

• Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Chelsea did not bother me.  She brought her release on herself.

I agree. The awkwardness came when she tried to lie to Kelli. Kitty confronted her and she kept right on going. The other girls called in didn’t respond in the same manner. Chelsea pretty much mocked Kelli. And it was toxic. She had to go. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Kat did a full year on the squad so she's officially a DCC. I don't think anyone cut in TCC do it. 

5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kat did a full year on the squad so she's officially a DCC. I don't think anyone cut in TCC do it. 

No, not cut in TC, but what I mean is it seems like cut vets are more "over it" than retired vets.  i know I would feel that way.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

No, not cut in TC, but what I mean is it seems like cut vets are more "over it" than retired vets.  i know I would feel that way.

I get what you mean, I don’t think I would want to honor a tradition from a team that cut me. I guess it’s not such a big deal for them.

Wonder if Raylee would do it, she seemed quite pissed off and rightfully so.

While i have mixed feelings about weddings that fall on holidays, it looked beautiful. The bridesmaids dresses were amazing as well as the whole venue. Well done!

• Love 3
On 12/30/2019 at 9:05 PM, go4luca said:

Same here...I cringe anytime she opens her mouth.  I was never a fan of hers.

23 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Toss Crystal in there as well...I never cared for either of the Trevino sisters. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I like Kat and think her cut was another one due to Kelli being fascinated one year then bores the next. 

I agree. Kelli probably liked having a gymnast on the team. Her solo (2nd time) seemed like a lot of gymnastics moves and not much dancing which most likely led to her cut.  Kelli always says vets are supposed to improve/get stronger when they come back and she didn't.

• Love 4

I actually thought Kelli was the most supportive of Kat from the audition clips that we saw. Now, she obviously didn’t like her enough to pull a “Danielle” and override the judges, but I got the impression that her cut was more about the other judges than Kelli. 

I will say that while I thought that it was fair to criticize Kat for wearing a dress with cut-outs, it always annoys me when they pretend like they don’t have a body of evidence when it comes to vets. In her situation, it should be easy to determine if she’s a risk. Was she a disaster on appearances during her rookie year? Was there any evidence beyond that one interview that she dresses inappropriately? Given that Kat actually had a real, professional job before DCC, the whole thing seemed silly to me. She clearly screwed up with that dress, but let’s not pretend like she’s just an idiot.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I agree. Kelli probably liked having a gymnast on the team. Her solo (2nd time) seemed like a lot of gymnastics moves and not much dancing which most likely led to her cut.  Kelli always says vets are supposed to improve/get stronger when they come back and she didn't.

8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I actually thought Kelli was the most supportive of Kat from the audition clips that we saw. Now, she obviously didn’t like her enough to pull a “Danielle” and override the judges, but I got the impression that her cut was more about the other judges than Kelli. 

I will say that while I thought that it was fair to criticize Kat for wearing a dress with cut-outs, it always annoys me when they pretend like they don’t have a body of evidence when it comes to vets. In her situation, it should be easy to determine if she’s a risk. Was she a disaster on appearances during her rookie year? Was there any evidence beyond that one interview that she dresses inappropriately? Given that Kat actually had a real, professional job before DCC, the whole thing seemed silly to me. She clearly screwed up with that dress, but let’s not pretend like she’s just an idiot.

Kelli was very supportive of Kat. Wearing the dress with side cut-outs did not win her any votes during panel interviews.  It was a big part of the decision to cut her.  But, the biggest part of the decision was that her solo was very much a replay of her first year. 

With many new candidates to bring to training camp the judges felt she was boring in her dancing and a risk with what to wear to an appearance/meeting as a vet. 

Btw, These are not my opinions of Kat or what she did during auditions that year.  

Hmm, Kat's Instagram seems to have disappeared.  

I always thought that was such a weird critique, I didn't even think that the cutouts on her dress were noticeable and Brenda seemed weirdly aggressive about it.  But I agree, I don't think that particular choice was what lost her the spot on the team, they seemed unimpressed with her solo and the rest of her interview as well.

Edited by aeroluv327
adding
  • Love 6