Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, DzignerGurl said:

FUN GAME FOR THOSE ABOUT TO READ THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME:

Take a drink (I just 'happened' to have a very nice chianti when I read it) every time the writer used the word Kalyssa when a pronoun could've been used instead. 

Lol. Wait! That article was about Kalyssa? It was hard to tell. 🙄 

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Lol. Wait! That article was about Kalyssa? It was hard to tell. 🙄 

For someone who got "kicked off half way thru the year" she has sure become quite the go to for anything DCC.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Why would they write an article dated 10/2/2019 with a "former" DCC? It could've been from 2 years ago when she was a DCC and just changed the date. Maybe the writer couldn't find anyone else to interview  or the real DCCs wouldn't be able to do it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dick and Jane go to the stadium.

Seriously! 😂 

I was looking for the sentence, “And now Kalyssa shakes her T&A for all the drunk men in the stands for 3 whole hours! BUT Kalyssa doesn’t mind! Kalyssa loves the attention!” But I didn’t see it. May have been edited before it went to print.🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit to add: I kinda see why Kelli is on her “DCC is not a stepping stone to Broadway/Television/Whoredom” rampage. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Seriously! 😂 

I was looking for the sentence, “And now Kalyssa shakes her T&A for all the drunk men in the stands for 3 whole hours! BUT Kalyssa doesn’t mind! Kalyssa loves the attention!” But I didn’t see it. May have been edited before it went to print. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Dick leaves Jane with Spot.  Dick runs off with Kalyssa.

• LOL 9
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dick leaves Jane with Spot.  Dick runs off with Kalyssa.

LOL. At least Jane gets to keep the dog! Kalyssa will drop Dick the second she realizes he can’t do anything for her modeling career. 

I do love the scene in Kalyssa’s uniform fitting and Kelli asks her if she’s bothered when people talk about her being too sexy. Kalyssa flat out is like *NOPE*. She didn’t even blink, didn’t seem upset. I always wondered if silently she was thinking, “Those bitches are all hags anyway.”  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I do love the scene in Kalyssa’s uniform fitting and Kelli asks her if she’s bothered when people talk about her being too sexy. Kalyssa flat out is like *NOPE*. She didn’t even blink, didn’t seem upset. I always wondered if silently she was thinking, “Those bitches are all hags anyway.”  

I loved her comment along the lines of “well, I guess I’ll learn to be the girl next door overnight” 😂

• LOL 3
On 10/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, Weeklydcc said:

What the holy hell was that unedited piece of crap? Comma splices, randomly capitalized words, and more verb tense shifts than I care to count (present tense, past tense, conditional, back to past tense).  Good lord. That was an English teacher’s nightmare to read. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Brain fart made me use the wrong word!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What the holy hell was that unedited piece of crap? Comma splices, randomly capitalized words, and more verb tense shifts than I care to count (present tense, past tense, subjunctive, back to past tense).  Good lord. That was an English teacher’s nightmare to read. 

What??  I am assuming Kalyssa wrote it, and she was the Valedictorian!!!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That was an English teacher’s nightmare to read. 

You mean you managed to read it?  Did you count how many brain cells were lost in the process? 🤣  I only skimmed part of it until I couldn't take it anymore, and I think I counted a loss of about 500.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

PattiD4DCC worldly known as Krabby Patti, will now board a luxury bus and go in search of PattiD4DCC's lost brain cells.  PattiD4DCC will also look for brain cells lost by other members of the most important part of the board: The Posters!

Okay -- PattiD4DCC in full make-up, hair done and looking incredibly beautiful found our brain cells!  A natural and lovely Christina had spray painted them pink and used them as a prop in the Bahamas!

Christina's Brain.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I don’t get it.  What’s Holly up to?  Is she on a reality show or cheering again?  If reality I hope we get more of the “why did you quit DCC?” questions asked and answered honestly 🤷🏽‍♀️👍🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Love 1

I think Holly's career isn't taking off quite as quickly as she'd hoped, and she's looking for another opportunity.  This reality show might lead to other opportunities, plus she's probably somewhat monetized on her social media.  Influencers can bring in some solid cash, and reality show starlets can capture quite a followers.  Fascinating to me how much some of the Bachelor Nation peeps make.

She's not my favorite personality wise, but she's certainly got talent.  Trouble is, LOTS of awesome dancers out there.  Hopefully she's hustling enough to support herself.  There are a lot of "working actors" that make a decent paycheck that aren't household names.  Curious if Holly has achieved the equivalent of that in the dance world.  I would think that would require a regular spot on tv, a tour, etc.

Well, I liked Kalyssa, warts and all.

She should have stayed on to get the pinky ring. I understood her reasoning behind her decision though. She wanted to have some time for herself.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:19 AM, DancingDina13 said:

I think so too . She reminded me of Kendall Jenner. I’m sad though that Brianna decided to do the lip fillers and whatever else she did to her face. She didn’t need it . The girl was as close to facial perfection as one could get. 

Me too on the the fillers...she didn't need them.  She is a beautiful young lady and doesn't need the work.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Well, I liked Kalyssa, warts and all.

She should have stayed on to get the pinky ring. I understood her reasoning behind her decision though. She wanted to have some time for herself.

I didn't listen to the podcast myself, but Scorpio1031 posted that according to Melissa Rycroft's recent podcast, Kalyssa was actually kicked off the team because of the risque photos she was posting.

I initially really liked Kalyssa as well -- she was the total package -- beautiful, good dancer, entertaining, intelligent.  She seemed spunky and unique -- I could always pick her out of the crowd.  Because I'm crabby and have to find a fault with everyone, mine with her was her precise and measured manner of  speaking (perhaps an effort to hide an accent?).   But she lost me as a fan with her attempt at "modeling."  While I can understand her wish to show off that cute physique, she is simply too petite for mainstream modeling and veered into a direction that wasn't for me but that I hope is working for her. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I didn't listen to the podcast myself, but Scorpio1031 posted that according to Melissa Rycroft's recent podcast, Kalyssa was actually kicked off the team because of the risque photos she was posting.

I initially really liked Kalyssa as well -- she was the total package -- beautiful, good dancer, entertaining, intelligent.  She seemed spunky and unique -- I could always pick her out of the crowd.  Because I'm crabby and have to find a fault with everyone, mine with her was her precise and measured manner of  speaking (perhaps an effort to hide an accent?).   But she lost me as a fan with her attempt at "modeling."  While I can understand her wish to show off that cute physique, she is simply too petite for mainstream modeling and veered into a direction that wasn't for me but that I hope is working for her. 

What irked me about Kalyssa was every time she was in front of the camera she was all about her grandmother and doing it for her and wanting to make her proud (🙄 )....  tried so hard to give off that I am a good girl in a bad girl body vibe.  Wonder if her grandmother was still alive would be proud of those risque photos all over the internet 🙄

• Love 2

Anyone know what’s going on with Kelli Quinn, who retired last season but is and all-star this season? She posted a story on Instagram that says she is “absolutely gutted” and then another story that thanks people for reaching out to her and that she will be ok and that she still believes in love as long as it’s with the right person. Wondering if something happened between her and her husband 💔  

I hope I’m not reading too much into it. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone know what’s going on with Kelli Quinn, who retired last season but is and all-star this season? She posted a story on Instagram that says she is “absolutely gutted” and then another story that thanks people for reaching out to her and that she will be ok and that she still believes in love as long as it’s with the right person. Wondering if something happened between her and her husband 💔  

I hope I’m not reading too much into it. 

I just logged on to ask the same question.  She also took the W off of her IG name.  I think their marriage is already over.  Something about that whole relationship seemed "off" to me.  She comes across, to me, as very insecure and needy.  Just my opinion.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, J-R said:

I just logged on to ask the same question.  She also took the W off of her IG name.  I think their marriage is already over.  Something about that whole relationship seemed "off" to me.  She comes across, to me, as very insecure and needy.  Just my opinion.  

If you ever peeked at his IG, he seemed just as enamored with her, lots of gushing posts, so I don’t know if she was overly insecure or anything. But it definitely looks as if they’re done for some reason...

I am never so nosy as when marriages break up so soon. It’s not at all that I’m happy about it, I’m just always so baffled about what could have happened already that was insurmountable. (Trust me, I know there are insurmountable things, I’m not judging)

Edited by PhillyFan
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

If you ever peeked at his IG, he seemed just as enamored with her, lots of gushing posts, so I don’t know if she was overly insecure or anything. But it definitely looks as if they’re done for some reason...

I am never so nosy as when marriages break up so soon. It’s not at all that I’m happy about it, I’m just always so baffled about what could have happened already that was insurmountable. (Trust me, I know there are insurmountable things, I’m not judging)

Honestly from her post, what I inferred was that he cheated in which case yes that’s probably pretty insurmountable. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Honestly from her post, what I inferred was that he cheated in which case yes that’s probably pretty insurmountable. 

Cheating is insurmountable.  I think I read somewhere his cheating has been an issue in the past.  

1 hour ago, PhillyFan said:

I am always skeptical of relationships in which people feel the need to overly gush.  To me, it screams insecurity.  Again, just an opinion.  

• Love 24
19 minutes ago, J-R said:

I am always skeptical of relationships in which people feel the need to overly gush.  To me, it screams insecurity.  Again, just an opinion.  

Oh I agree, but it seemed to me that they were both doing it, so I didn’t think she was any *more* insecure or needy than him. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, J-R said:

She also had something about being Mrs Wilson and that's gone too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Seriously Holly?? I was just going to log into Instagram to see what I could find about Kelli Quinn and was presented with this:

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She also had something about being Mrs Wilson and that's gone too.

I'm still seeing pics of her and her husband on the link I have for her Insta.

7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Seriously Holly?? I was just going to log into Instagram to see what I could find about Kelli Quinn and was presented with this:

I'm still seeing pics of her and her husband on the link I have for her Insta.

Holly looks good but I expected more. I forget how young she is tho. 

has being booted from DCC for her blackballed from other pro dance teams? 

I was also curious about Kelli. Mainly because she is top five for me. I adore her. She’s so pretty and sweet. It took her years to get noticed and then she killed it.

I got bad vibes about that relationship. Idk why. Sometimes I just feel something odd; I felt  the same way about my sister’s husband and he’s in jail now. 

If it was cheating, then I’m glad she found out sooner than later. It sucks, but she can move past it and find someone who will love and appreciate ONLY her. I wish her the best, and I’m sorry she has to go through the pain of a relationship ending if that’s the case.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Holly looks good but I expected more. I forget how young she is tho. 

It looks like she is performing at the Latin American Music Awards.  Nothing wrong with that.  I don't think she's been blackballed  - I think she's pursuing a career in dance wherever the opportunity takes her.  

She looks great, but still not a fan of the curlier hair.

• Love 9

Just a thought...

what if Kelli didn’t audition this season so she could get married, and now her marriage could already be over? Ugh! I feel so bad for her. I could of seen her on the squad for at least for 5 years and she ended it at 3 years.  I was pretty surprised when she announced she was retiring. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Just a thought...

what if Kelli didn’t audition this season so she could get married, and now her marriage could already be over? Ugh! I feel so bad for her. I could of seen her on the squad for at least for 5 years and she ended it at 3 years.  I was pretty surprised when she announced she was retiring. 

She can always reaudition.  It's been done :-).  Like whoever it was that left to have a baby then came back (I'm blanking on names)

51 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

She resigned.  Wasn't booted (that I know of).

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Just a thought...

Honestly, she was way out of joshs league.  Now she can find someone better. Still sad she has to go through this

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Just a thought...

She had a nasty sinus infection that involved surgery.  It's possible the symptoms from that kept her from trying out.

25 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

She can always reaudition.  It's been done :-).  Like whoever it was that left to have a baby then came back (I'm blanking on names)

I want to say her name is Shelly:)

• Love 3

I think if it was about her marriage Kelli  would’ve taken down all the photos with her and her husband. Not saying it isn’t about her marriage but many things can break someone’s heart aside from their spouse. A close friend of mine earlier this year found out her parents were getting a divorce and that her mom had been disloyal for many years with a family friend, she was/is devastated, she was close with her mom and had always saw their marriage as “relationship goals” ☹️

Edited by Monique
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

She resigned.  Wasn't booted (that I know of).

I think most people read between the lines that the resignation was....encouraged. 

Edited by AnotherSadLove
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tteek74 said:

I was also curious about Kelli. Mainly because she is top five for me. I adore her. She’s so pretty and sweet. It took her years to get noticed and then she killed it.

I got bad vibes about that relationship. Idk why. Sometimes I just feel something odd; I felt  the same way about my sister’s husband and he’s in jail now. 

If it was cheating, then I’m glad she found out sooner than later. It sucks, but she can move past it and find someone who will love and appreciate ONLY her. I wish her the best, and I’m sorry she has to go through the pain of a relationship ending if that’s the case

38 minutes ago, Laurendcc said:

Honestly, she was way out of joshs league.  Now she can find someone better. Still sad she has to go through this

Sorry very confused ...Kelli was out of HIS league ?   I would think he was out if hers if we all agree she was the better person .  Not being disrespectful, just trying to follow the conversation 🙂

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Monique said:

I think if it was about her marriage Kelli  would’ve taken down all the photos with her and her husband. Not saying it isn’t about her marriage but many things can break someone’s heart aside from their spouse. A close friend of mine earlier this year found out her parents were getting a divorce and that her mom had been disloyal for many years with a family friend, she was/is devastated, she was close with her mom and had always saw their marriage as “relationship goals” ☹️

I think people are guessing it's her own marriage because she did have "Wilson" in her name but it's gone now. I personally find it really weird when people go back and delete all of their photos with an ex, especially if there are a ton (which she posted about him all the time so she would have to delete a lot!) I still have photos with my ex way back on my Instagram that I just never deleted.  Maybe she will address it further..

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Just a thought...

That’s not why she retired! She had a health issue that made dancing difficult. Nothing bad or crazy. I haven’t spoken with her in a few months, but last time we chatted she was debating retiring due to this minor health issue. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, forumborum said:

Sorry very confused ...Kelli was out of HIS league ?   I would think he was out if hers if we all agree she was the better person .  Not being disrespectful, just trying to follow the conversation 🙂

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/someone-something-is-out-of-someone-s-league

She is out of his league means she is too good for him. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 4