Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

Not sure which thread to write this in but...does anyone else find it interesting Lacey is dating Trevor who used to date Rachel W? Sorry if this topic has already been mentioned

Oh yikes, I hope not. Is that the guy Rachel W was dating when she made the team? IIRC, I didn’t love her social media posts, but they seemed more naive/sheltered than malicious. His? Not so much. Birds of feather and such, so harder for me to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I also thought Lacey had been dating the same guy for a few years now. I’ll admit I don’t follow their social lives much, tho, and neither of those gals made my very short list of DCC I follow on Instagram.  

ETA: just looked at Trevor’s Instagram, and he was dating a blonde gal named Allie and Sadie Roberson of Duck Dynasty fame before that...so if he dated Rachel W, it was brief and not on social media 🤷‍♀️ And I just realized who he was. Got a verified account t and errrrrrrthing. Knew that name sounded familiar!  And he’s definitely got a type...I can see Rachel W fitting into that just fine. Oh man, having TCU bible study flashbacks 😂😂

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 2
On 9/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, kalibean said:

Oh yikes, I hope not. Is that the guy Rachel W was dating when she made the team? IIRC, I didn’t love her social media posts, but they seemed more naive/sheltered than malicious. His? Not so much. Birds of feather and such, so harder for me to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I also thought Lacey had been dating the same guy for a few years now. I’ll admit I don’t follow their social lives much, tho, and neither of those gals made my very short list of DCC I follow on Instagram.  

ETA: just looked at Trevor’s Instagram, and he was dating a blonde gal named Allie and Sadie Roberson of Duck Dynasty fame before that...so if he dated Rachel W, it was brief and not on social media 🤷‍♀️ And I just realized who he was. Got a verified account t and errrrrrrthing. Knew that name sounded familiar!  And he’s definitely got a type...I can see Rachel W fitting into that just fine. Oh man, having TCU bible study flashbacks 😂😂

Ewww good luck with that, Lacey. He looks like a typical good ole boy douche... 

• Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, Route66 said:

Kelsey overall is a caricature. For someone as young as she is, she's clearly obsessed with constantly changing her appearance. You can not just keep fiddling with everything because you'll wind up looking like a clown. What I find super creepy about her Instagram is how her husband is the FIRST comment on nearly every post and always something about how hot she is. Honestly if you didn't know it was her husband you'd think it was a creeper. Her husband also commented on Shawn Johnson's page and said [reacting to a pregnancy picture] "are you next Kelseylowrance?" Just a weird way to talk to your wife on social media.

It makes me sad! She used to be THE most beautiful girl to ever grace this squad, in my opinion. I was blown away by her natural look. Then she started toying with her face, openly admitting and discussing all the procedures she has done (on her YouTube) including lip filler, botox, breast implants, her POUNDS of hair extensions, and now I don't find her attractive at all. Makes me sad. She has sold out and gone full "instagram influencer" but I guess you gotta make money somehow?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Looks like Erica's lawsuit was finally settled. Although I loathe her, I'm glad to see the girls getting paid more, even if it's just a little more.

Cowboys settle cheerleader pay dispute, entire squad gets pay boost

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/cowboys-settle-cheerleader-pay-dispute-entire-squad-gets-pay-boost/287-7dc7f6a3-8d36-44bf-8a5c-466cff75c3de

Yeah, this is being discussed in the "Organization" thread.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

It makes me sad! She used to be THE most beautiful girl to ever grace this squad, in my opinion. I was blown away by her natural look. Then she started toying with her face, openly admitting and discussing all the procedures she has done (on her YouTube) including lip filler, botox, breast implants, her POUNDS of hair extensions, and now I don't find her attractive at all. Makes me sad. She has sold out and gone full "instagram influencer" but I guess you gotta make money somehow?

The irony is she's looking more and more like someone you wouldn't want to copy. A lot of those procedures are intended for women many years older than her. A woman in her 30s or 40s might look better with a few minor touch ups that compensate for thinning lips, naso labial lines, or age related fat loss. A woman Kelsey's age doesn't need those procedures. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Looks like Erica's lawsuit was finally settled. Although I loathe her, I'm glad to see the girls getting paid more, even if it's just a little more.

Cowboys settle cheerleader pay dispute, entire squad gets pay boost

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/cowboys-settle-cheerleader-pay-dispute-entire-squad-gets-pay-boost/287-7dc7f6a3-8d36-44bf-8a5c-466cff75c3de

What is Erica’s story / how did she get cut or leave the DCC? I didn’t watch her seasons and I saw something about her cut not being filmed because of legal issues is that right? (Or was that a different Erica)

7 minutes ago, TXElle said:

What is Erica’s story / how did she get cut or leave the DCC? I didn’t watch her seasons and I saw something about her cut not being filmed because of legal issues is that right? (Or was that a different Erica)

The only thing I remember is she was benched for a game (not sure why) and was caught in the stands in the Stadium DRINKING.  I'm pretty sure there's more to it.

25 minutes ago, TXElle said:

She injured her shoulder in her rookie season and it got to the point where she needed surgery.  She wasn't able to cheer, but went along to the HOF game anyway.  She was told to stay in the locker room, but put on her street clothes, got a beer, sat in the stands and took a picture of herself.  She posted it online where of course, it was seen.  She was cut for breaking the rules.

I think someone said the cut wasn't shown because they had just shown all the Holly/Jenna stuff.  It was just more drama and they wanted to move on.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, TXElle said:

From what I remember, she was injured her last season and was taken to the Hall of Fame game but since she couldn't perform she was asked to stay in the locker room. Apparently she disobeyed that rule and went into the stands and sent pictures of herself drinking to friends. She was cut from camp but it was never shown on the show and she was basically edited out of the show all together.

I always got mean girl/snotty vibes from her from day one and things I saw on social media just kind of reinforced that. Then insiders came on here and said she was a indeed a mean girl and was a lazy group leader so that just sort of solidified how I already felt about her. It always annoyed me that in interviews about her lawsuit she kept reiterating that she quit, which is simply not true.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

always got mean girl/snotty vibes from her from day one and things I saw on social media just kind of reinforced that. Then insiders came on here and said she was a indeed a mean girl and was a lazy group leader so that just sort of solidified how I already felt about her. It always annoyed me that in interviews about her lawsuit she kept reiterating that she quit, which is simply not true.

I liked her at the beginning, but the insider info did it for me as well.  It also annoyed me that she said she quit, but also that she brought the mascot's salary into it, without explaining why he made more.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I liked her at the beginning, but the insider info did it for me as well.  It also annoyed me that she said she quit, but also that she brought the mascot's salary into it, without explaining why he made more.  

Yes that's right; she was adamant that Rowdy made more $ than them, but his friend came on here and confirmed he works for the org as an executive or something and Rowdy was his side gig. I think Shelly even confirmed that as well. So of course he made more $ 🤦‍♀️ Erica sounded like an entitled idiot. 

• Love 2

Erica annoyed me from the minute I saw her, her rookie season. I remember hearing her talk and thought she talks with this whines voice that thinks she’s been giving everything on a silver plate esp for DCC. 

I remember reading Melissa Rycroft “slagging” Erica off on IG and some people bad mouthing Melissa and everyone else for saying why don’t Erica and the other DCC deserve more or equal pay to Rowdy I kicked off at someone on IG in DM that guy doing Rowdy the marketing manager(?) for the cowboys and being in charge gets your more money and Erica must’ve known that and just left out the fact he works full time for Cowboys, said to them, don’t you think it’s weird Erica said Rowdy books his own appearances and makes 65k a year, she (Erica) must have found out during that conversation what else Rowdy does outside the  costume. Either Rowdy works other jobs too or he just does Rowdy full time. How does he book appearances does it book himself or someone book for him, think about it, if the cheerleaders have to do 2 or more jobs to make ends meet dont you think that 65k a yea must be from Rowdy and something else. She can’t be that stupid to not have asked Rowdy that, I mean she did ask how much he makes a year, so must’ve known what else he does. That’s what I said to that person, they shutted up after that comment from me.

The lawsuit, it seems to me that there are holes in Erica’s version and it seems her lawyers told her to not mention that Rowdy also worked full time on marketing. But I bet her lawyers told her to mention that she was shocked at finding out that Rowdy made 65k a year and not mention what else he does in hopes that there are some people who are naive and stupid enough to believe that Rowdy would make that much just from a costume and not see the missing stories. Erica came across a stupid dumb idiot to me anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Yes that's right; she was adamant that Rowdy made more $ than them, but his friend came on here and confirmed he works for the org as an executive or something and Rowdy was his side gig. I think Shelly even confirmed that as well. So of course he made more $ 🤦‍♀️ Erica sounded like an entitled idiot. 

Shelly did. 

I understand what Erica was trying to do.  But due to how she left the squad, it always felt retaliatory to me. 🙅‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Shelly did. 

I understand what Erica was trying to do.  But due to how she left the squad, it always felt retaliatory to me. 🙅‍♀️

Either way, the ladies are making more money as so they should be because Erica put herself out there. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Shelly did. 

Oh, I think it was definitely retaliatory, but ultimately, if they had underpaid her (and I don't know that they did - the fact that they apparently settled doesn't mean guilt), then there's a legal problem whether she's bitter or not. If anything, you better have paid someone according to law if you cut them. That's generally when people are in the mood to sue.  I agree with everyone about the Rowdy allegations, which seemed to be more about publicity - talking about the mascot's versus cheerleaders's pay is more headline grabbing than talking about overtime/minimum wage issues.  

Ultimately though, I'm glad they're getting paid more. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Either way, the ladies are making more money as so they should be because Erica put herself out there. 

I don't believe that she did it for any altrustic purpose.  She did it because she was pissed off that she got fired (rightfully so), saw the Cowboys had deep pockets and sued with the help of an attorney who also saw deep pockets.  

She would not have brought the lawsuit had she not been fired.  I agree with the poster above the lawsuit was retalitory-- I see it everyday in my practice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I don't believe that she did it for any altrustic purpose.  She did it because she was pissed off that she got fired (rightfully so), saw the Cowboys had deep pockets and sued with the help of an attorney who also saw deep pockets.  

She would not have brought the lawsuit had she not been fired.  I agree with the poster above the lawsuit was retalitory-- I see it everyday in my practice.

The timing worked out for her what with all the other lawsuits.  She may have had a hard time finding a lawyer to go up against the organization.

• Love 2

Just an observation, I hope that she got something from the Cowboys as part of the settlement -- she will never be able to put down the Cowboys as a reference. 🙂

As far as finding an attorney -- working on a contingency against the Cowboys probably provided plenty of incentive.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, veronicamers said:

Motives don't matter that much to me honestly in this context. This was a wrong that needed to be righted and Erica's lawsuit pushed the organization a little closer to that goal. She doesn't have to be Mother Theresa to have a valid claim. The fact is, the DCC have been underpaid for a very, very long time. It was beyond time to address it. 

I totally agree that the DCC have been underpaid and believe that they are still underpaid.

But I also do not believe that Erica did this for anybody but Erica.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

I totally agree that the DCC have been underpaid and believe that they are still underpaid.

But I also do not believe that Erica did this for anybody but Erica.

I was annoyed at Natalie when she said there were a lot of perks being a DCC, like free hair, lashes, makeup, ect. Ummm Natalie, free makeup doesn't pay the rent. Free hair doesn't put food on the table. Free lashes don't put gas in the car. 

• Love 15

No, but the money they were spending for those things can be allocated to rent instead. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get paid more, but these aren’t exactly low maintenance ladies making the squad these days.  Shoot, I’m an old lady by DCC standards and still hit the hair salon like clockwork every six weeks and budget a mani/pedi too. 

Tho I did just watch the Pluto episode of Ika Irene saying she had never had her hair professionally cut before, and Kelli was like yeah I can tell 😂😂 So maybe that reallocation of budget won’t benefit everyone. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I was annoyed at Natalie when she said there were a lot of perks being a DCC, like free hair, lashes, makeup, ect. Ummm Natalie, free makeup doesn't pay the rent. Free hair doesn't put food on the table. Free lashes don't put gas in the car. 

I thought the same thing.  Also, she was on the squad at the beginning of MTT.  Things were probably different in the expectations of their time, distance of stadium and studio, etc

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought the same thing.  Also, she was on the squad at the beginning of MTT.  Things were probably different in the expectations of their time, distance of stadium and studio, etc

And she also said she had an established career. She was 10 years older than the girls, of course she wasn't hurting for money. I wanted to throat punch her.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Isn't Christina like 29-30? and Brennan too?

I'm not sure about Brennan but I know Christina is definitely in her late 20's. I think she was 27 her rookie year. Ultimately, if you have the talent and physicality to do it I say your age makes no difference!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Fefe428 said:

I'm not sure about Brennan but I know Christina is definitely in her late 20's. I think she was 27 her rookie year. Ultimately, if you have the talent and physicality to do it I say your age makes no difference!

Christina just turned 31 and Brennan is 30.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fefe428 said:

I think Brennan turned 30 this year and Christina 30 last year. 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2019 at 5:50 AM, MTTFan said:

So? She had a claim and something came out of it. Does she have to be altruistic and have 100% “pure” (whatever that may be) intentions to sue? The fact that her lawsuit had an impact is all that matters to me, not who went after them in the first place. If anything, none of the girls who feel like they need to pay Charlotte for the honor of wearing the uniform would ever demand fair pay.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, kalibean said:

No, but the money they were spending for those things can be allocated to rent instead. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get paid more, but these aren’t exactly low maintenance ladies making the squad these days.  Shoot, I’m an old lady by DCC standards and still hit the hair salon like clockwork every six weeks and budget a mani/pedi too. 

Tho I did just watch the Pluto episode of Ika Irene saying she had never had her hair professionally cut before, and Kelli was like yeah I can tell 😂😂 So maybe that reallocation of budget won’t benefit everyone. 

Uhm... I do agree that some ‘maintenance’ is always needed and a very relaxing experience as well. It’s by no means necessary and the average woman won’t need nearly enough in makeup, lashes etc as a dcc. Unless they’re completely vapid, no way they would always put on lashes and makeup and blow their hair out everyday etc. Since this is a dcc requirement, the fact that they get it for free doesn’t exactly sound like a perk to me.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Bon bon said:

Just saw on IG that Nicole Bulcher got engaged!  

You beat me posting this! 

I also just saw this news. I've always wondered if she was dating, now I know. 

I follow her and just love the little bit I've learned about her. She seems like such a kind and loving person. It's no wonder she is everyone's bridesmaid!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, since Randy Fenoli is her cousin and he has offered help, will we see her on Say Yes to the Dress!!!

Well, he helped his niece Danielle find her dress (she chose one of his designs) and they showed some of his family (two brothers as well as Danielle) on the latest episode of "Say Yes to the Dress".  At the least, it would be an interesting cross-over, but I don't know if she would do it, though I would love to see her.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, he helped his niece Danielle find her dress (she chose one of his designs) and they showed some of his family (two brothers as well as Danielle) on the latest episode of "Say Yes to the Dress".  At the least, it would be an interesting cross-over, but I don't know if she would do it, though I would love to see her.

That would be such a great episode. I love seeing how much Randy appreciates his family and they him...

• Love 2

The episode I mentioned about his niece and family was one that premiered last night.  The only reason I got a chance to watch it was because I borrowed someone's cable (with their knowledge and permission).  I don't get to watch cable often as I stream television here.  We have only one local cable provider that ISN'T satellite-dish based and that company (Comcast, or Comcrap as I've heard it called) like to charge ridiculous prices for things and change said prices without notice if they feel they aren't getting enough money.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

We have only one local cable provider that ISN'T satellite-dish based and that company (Comcast, or Comcrap as I've heard it called) like to charge ridiculous prices for things and change said prices without notice if they feel they aren't getting enough money.

Brief OT:  I actually dumped Comcast over MTT (they wanted too much $$$$$ for the "package" that Comcast is in).**Carry On** 🙂

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

That would be such a great episode. I love seeing how much Randy appreciates his family and they him...

Totally off topic, but I loved the ep where Stephen Curry from the Warriors - his 6 year old daughter fan-girled over Randy.  It was so sweet!!

So, we have Veronica, Nicole and Miranda getting married.  Abby from Season 8 just had another little girl.  Melissa K and Jordan D are pregnant.  Who am I missing?

• Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 4:24 AM, FutureDCC said:

She looks like a Mid-Western Mommy Blogger now... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So I came across an old AMA (ask me anything) from 2016. It was from a former DCC. She cheered for 5 years in the 90's. Cheered at the super bowl and was also selected for pro bowl. She was a USC song girl before DCC. Any idea on who it could be?

Based on the years and years cheered, I was thinking Dorie Braddy, Tandra Cromer or Regina Tucker. Did any of them go to USC?

Edited by AEJ79
  • Love 2
On 9/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Totally off topic, but I loved the ep where Stephen Curry from the Warriors - his 6 year old daughter fan-girled over Randy.  It was so sweet!!

So, we have Veronica, Nicole and Miranda getting married.  Abby from Season 8 just had another little girl.  Melissa K and Jordan D are pregnant.  Who am I missing?

Jax is having a baby, she’s due soon.

• Love 2