Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

Was I the only one hoping that Sunny, while making the point about the intern committing battery, would give Meghan a physical example?  I so wanted Sunny to grab either Meghan’s precious blue cards or her mug of bitches brew out of her hand!  Then calmly look at her and say, oh, that was nothing!

Yes, I think she did it with Joy's mug to demonstrate but I don't think the camera was on them for the whole thing.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

The WOMAN was at fault in this case, Ms. 2D2F.    Why don't you re-enact the scene and YOU hold the microphone while Jim Acosta tries to RIP it out of your hand(s)?

I know this won’t be popular, but I agree with Meghan. Acosta’s behavior was not appropriate. The microphone ‘belonged’ to the woman. She was in charge of passing it from reporter to reporter during the press conference.  So when she was gesturing for it and Acosta pulled it away like a spoiled child and blocked her from grabbing it, HE was acting immature and was being incredibly disrespectful. He didn’t assault her, but he was behaving very rudely. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PeterBrady said:

I know this won’t be popular, but I agree with Meghan. Acosta’s behavior was not appropriate. The microphone ‘belonged’ to the woman. She was in charge of passing it from reporter to reporter during the press conference.  So when she was gesturing for it and Acosta pulled it away like a spoiled child and blocked her from grabbing it, HE was acting immature and was being incredibly disrespectful. He didn’t assault her, but he was behaving very rudely. 

I agree. He should have given up the mic when she went for it,  not have a tug-a-war over it. He acted unprofessional, as did Trump.

And I think the fact that he initially refused to give up the mic is grounds for him being banned, suspended, evicted, grounded, or whatever it is he got ?‍♀️.

50 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Oh yeah - piegate.....when SHS did or tried to pull off 4 chocolate pecan pies for a WH press potluck - the ones with, as WaPo said "with the impeccably crimped crusts." IMO I leaned with with April.

Piegate: I'm Team SHS. Who cares if she baked, or bought it and is trying to pass it on as her own?

It was very middle-school of April Ryan to call SHS out on it. Just roll your eyes and make a snarky comment about it to your closest friend, like I do when friends post their homemade food pics on Facebook. 

Abby, if you acknowledge that Trump doesn't live in a fact based world and knowing that the job of journalists are to hold people in power accountable, then isn't it possible that moments like what we saw yesterday could be the result of journalists forcing leaders to be accountable and provide answers to tough questions more so than them wanting to be the headline? Maybe them being the headline is the unfortunate result of trying to keep dismissive and tyrannical leaders in check in an effort to inform Americans. Her and Meghan's take of 'I don't know why this is a thing now' without any consideration for the context that may influence what we're seeing. 

Meghan got angry at Sunny for citing the law. THE LAW. Hahahaha. I just can't. If she would shut her trap up long enough to listen to others make their point, she would have realized that Sunny cited the law in order to demonstrate that Acosta's behaviour was not assault as the WH categorized it. Okay, so Meghan doesn't liking being touched, but knowing that about herself, would she still try to snatch something out of someone's hands and then get offended if they touched her in the process? 

Meghan says her and her husband are polar opposites but she basically described herself, lol. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Piegate: I'm Team SHS. Who cares if she baked, or bought it and is trying to pass it on as her own?

It was very middle-school of April Ryan to call SHS out on it. Just roll your eyes and make a snarky comment about it to your closest friend, like I do when friends post their homemade food pics on Facebook. 

Been there, actually done that.  Nobody cares, petty thing to do.  

2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

I think both acted inappropriately though I think neither were ill intentioned during the exchange. She was just trying to do her job and so was he. He could have held on to the mic all he wanted while Trump dismissed him but when he saw the aide stepping in to do her job and pass the mic along, he should have given it up in that moment. He failed to recognize in that moment that in the face of someone dismissing him trying to do his job, he in turn did the exact same thing to that woman when he refused to give up the mic. That said, when her first attempt failed, her second attempt was aggressive and that was equally as disrespectful as Acosta not giving up the microphone the first time she tried to take it. I don't know the protocols but I would be surprised if the WH aide is considered the authority in the room that can take matters into their own hands when a reporter refuses to give up the mic. Surely there must be a protocol book somewhere that gives recommendations of how to handle confrontations in the press room and I would be surprised if that book states that if your first attempt doesn't succeed,  be as assertive and aggressive as you are able to. 

• Love 4

Oops and yikes - don't be a Press Secretary and lie about pies, imo.

I use to love to cook.....now I am a Costco old girl entertaining with a recipe box full of wonderful recipes and Ina Garden cookbooks. A little of both.

Point is - don't lie. IMO. Just say the crust was store bought and own it. Nobody's fingers are that little and perfect to crimp. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

ank you. I didn't understand what they were talking about.  MM really doesn't understand "conversation". She just throws in what ever she want to talk about.

She must have been a charming child - all about me...me....me.   Can we say spoiled?

• Love 14

I do agree with Abby that depending on which side you're on you'll view the situation differently. If you're against Trump, then it wasn't assault. If you're with him, then it is. As much as she didn't want to admit it, I do appreciate that Abby said it wasn't assault even though Meghan went ham on how no one should have touched the lady. It's nice that Whoopi told Meghan to stop, because the amount of cross talk as of late has been crazy.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I do agree with Abby that depending on which side you're on you'll view the situation differently.

There's also a school of thought that depending on "which" video one saw, you'll view this particular situation differently.   I saw the "original" as it was happening.  Abby and Meghan obviously prefer the "edited" version that allows Sarah Huckabee Sanders to accuse Acosta of a crime.  I'll agree that Jim Acosta was rude, but the "staffer" was WAY out of bounds.  Abby asks, "Blame the woman?"  Let's have the two people exchange places and hear the HOWLING that results.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Abby just wishes reporters wouldn't make it all about themselves!  And  NutMeg is sick of Jim Acosta!  And she doesn't like being touched!

Acosta DID NOT touch the woman.  The woman touched him and YANKED the microphone.   

5 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Jim Acosta did not assault the intern, and the only reason he touched her was because SHE touched him first.

Was it a "touch" or "barely a brush" ?   

• Love 18
4 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

Was I the only one hoping that Sunny, while making the point about the intern committing battery, would give Meghan a physical example?  I so wanted Sunny to grab either Meghan’s precious blue cards or her mug of bitches brew out of her hand!  Then calmly look at her and say, oh, that was nothing!

Waves hand - #metoo.

Meghan FINALLY talked about her husband and said most people are afraid of him.  I actually and literally ran into him, years ago, and said, "Excuse me, sorry sir".  He just grunted and carried on.  RUDE.  Later that weekend Our party was seated by his party at a restaurant and my brother had clued me in as to who he was.  This was before he was dating Meghan, I am pretty sure.  Anyways she said people are scared of him.  Hardly, I found him to be socially awkward and an elevated sense of self.

Did not watch much past 5 minutes on Wednesday - Am sick of election discussions and wish all the signs were off the lawns.  Watched today sporadically and kept cutting over to anything else.  I like April Ryan and thought she had a bit of a rough time at the table.

Sunny explained the law and MM lost her mind.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Abby must be taking lessons from her friend Meghan. I was just rewatching the April Ryan interview and after April mentions the pecan pie thing, you see Abby turn towards the audience and roll her eyes and look quite pissed.

I noticed this too. Almost every show, especially recently, you can spot Abby making faces and rollling her eyes. I’m sure her and Meghan talk smack about the other ladies off the show. 

• Love 10

You can tell it was a humdinger of a tantrum because .... has anyone mentioned the Pepto-Bismol pink fluffy monstrosity that Meghan was wearing?

I don't like her, but I think she's a very attractive woman. Why they don't seem to manage to dress her in a flattering way is perplexing. They've got her in the least flattering clothes for her body type. It honestly looks like she orders from mail-order catalogues.... i.e., sometimes the fit isn't right.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I cannot stand Meghan anymore. Jim Acosta did not assault the intern, and the only reason he touched her was because SHE touched him first. She wanted to grab the microphone. Jim Acosta has accomplished more in his life than you ever, ever will so "I will say" you can STFU about him and learn a thing or two from Sunny about the law and what assault is.

Meghan also, once again, found a way to make the topic about her in some way. “I don’t like being touched.” Nobody gives a fuck, Meghan. Nobody at the table is talking about you. Ugh.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Acosta DID NOT touch the woman.  The woman touched him and YANKED the microphone.   

Was it a "touch" or "barely a brush" ?   

Abby explaining that it depends whose side you're on,decides what you believe. We really are living in a different world , huh? Alternative facts and all that. The truth is Acosta did not touch that woman,  FACT. Was he rude to not had over the mic? Now this is a matter of opinion.  

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Abby explaining that it depends whose side you're on,decides what you believe. We really are living in a different world , huh? Alternative facts and all that.

The new saying is perception is reality.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

You can tell it was a humdinger of a tantrum because .... has anyone mentioned the Pepto-Bismol pink fluffy monstrosity that Meghan was wearing?

I don't like her, but I think she's a very attractive woman. Why they don't seem to manage to dress her in a flattering way is perplexing. They've got her in the least flattering clothes for her body type. It honestly looks like she orders from mail-order catalogues.... i.e., sometimes the fit isn't right.

I usually don't give much thought into what MM wears. Most days she looks like a middle aged woman and I don't get the choices.  I will say.  Not that I'm concerned about MM's look. Saying that she would probably look so much better in a more casual look. Pants,  jeans, beautiful tops , edgy fashionable t shirts. I thought she wore pant a couple times and looked  good. Why they dress her like a 50 year old woman who runs an all girl private School idk?

All the other women wear casual looks at times.  Megan always looks like she's wrapped in over done skirts/dresses to tight and a big ugly broche. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I usually don't give much thought into what MM wears. Most days she looks like a middle aged woman and I don't get the choices.  I will say.  Not that I'm concerned about MM's look. Saying that she would probably look so much better in a more casual look. Pants,  jeans, beautiful tops , edgy fashionable t shirts. I thought she wore pant a couple times and looked  good. Why they dress her like a 50 year old woman who runs an all girl private School idk?

All the other women wear casual looks at times.  Megan always looks like she's wrapped in over done skirts/dresses to tight and a big ugly broche. 

Can you imagine how uncomfortable she must be.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that she is spanxed to within an inch of her life and can't take a breath comfortably.  She should wear pants and flowy tops, kind of like Pioneer Woman.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Most days she looks like a middle aged woman

Hey I'm a middle aged woman and I don't dress like Meghan.  LOL  If wardrobe chooses what she wears they must hate her.  If Meghan chooses what she wears she must be blind.

23 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Can you imagine how uncomfortable she must be.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that she is spanxed to within an inch of her life and can't take a breath comfortably.  

In the opening she has on that black blouse and the leopard skirt.  It's a nice look. However she either gained a lot of weight since that time or she had better spanx.  She looks a lot bigger now.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Hey I'm a middle aged woman and I don't dress like Meghan.  LOL  If wardrobe chooses what she wears they must hate her.  If Meghan chooses what she wears she must be blind.

In the opening she has on that black blouse and the leopard skirt.  It's a nice look. However she either gained a lot of weight since that time or she had better spanx.  She looks a lot bigger now.

?✌I'm  45 so I'm middle aged too. I just mean,  one of those very conservative tightly wound middle aged women lol. You know what I mean blondie ??.

I agree she has to be so damn uncomfortable.  I feel like I can't breathe jut watching her walk out every day. Then you see easy breezy Joy walking out twice MM age. MM would be miserable in any clothes but at least she'd be able to breathe. 

• Love 8
Just now, TheGreenKnight said:

God, would McCain STFU!!! She's like a deranged 5-year-old. We all heard you the first 500 times you repeated "leaking information." Someone slip some anxiety pills in her coffee mug; the midterms have clearly filleted what little brain she had.

Me thinks she's rattled because Ana is there.

Meghan basically says she couldn't imagine being married to someone with different political views.

Ana says what's more important than political views is supporting each other.

Tells ya everything you need to know.

• Love 21
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

FauxNews would not take her back.  She was hated by their viewers. 

She was??  Why?  Seriously, I would think they'd love her gun-toting, tough-chick, trump loving persona.  And I'm not even being snarky.  I really want to know what they didn't like about her. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

She was??  Why?  Seriously, I would think they'd love her gun-toting, tough-chick, trump loving persona.  And I'm not even being snarky.  I really want to know what they didn't like about her. 

Pro choice and pro LGBTQ.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

How interesting Meh-gun thinks Joe Biden being the nominee would mean "the best person qualified" is the nominee for a change, implying that Hillary and Obama weren't deserving nominees because they were female and black respectively, that they had the nomination handed to them because of what they are. Just because Biden's a white man doesn't mean he is the best person qualified. She apparently thinks she isn't preaching identity politics when she wants white men only to lead. It's funny that she railed Avenatti for essentially saying the same thing a week or two ago, since she clearly agrees with him.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

It looks like I'm going to have to start rating days by the number of recommended tranq darts - so far, I think today's at least a 2.

Love this concept!

• Love 6