Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Apparently so. If the Real Housewives woman is the liberal equivalent of McCain, she's probably at the top of ABC's list of future employees. Giving power to vile people like McCain is only going to keep the table spinning and people leaving anyway, so they'll be sure to go through another 10 co-hosts the next 3 years.

In fairness to Carole, I wouldn’t call her a liberal equivalent to Meghan. From what I recall, she wasn’t aggressive or loud but she was a bit condescending which is where I see the similarity with Meghan. That said, Carole does have a journalism background and has actively worked in the industry so I would be inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she would likely put on a more professional air when speaking on The View compared to how she approached the matter on a reality TV show that is intended for drama and when speaking with someone who she has a much more personal relationship than she would have with any of the View co-hosts. It’s very possible that her approach with Ramona on the Real Housewives show may have been influenced by the fact that she was comfortable enough around her to be completely frank and direct with her, even if it made look bitchy.  

• Love 3
On 8/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, atlantaloves said:

I'm going to watch one week of this potential shit storm and then decide to remove it from my DVR or not....I am retired, and I can do whatever I fucking want.  I've only been watching it because I love Joy so much, always have, always will, for well over 35 years.  Her stand-up back in the day RULED. I just love her. She should have another show that is just her again. She is such a nice interviewer. I even liked that little show she had in her apartment where interesting women came over to visit, it was so much fun. Ahhhhhhhhhhh crap. Cocktail time. Gin and Tonic tonight. 

ha!  Loved this post.   You go.   Do whatever you fucking want.   

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sweedish Fish said:

ha!  Loved this post.   You go.   Do whatever you fucking want. 

I'm going to watch the shit show, but even better is all of you in this forum. Very more entertaining. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, nokat said:

I would welcome another conservative, but someone like Tara or Ana, not another Foxbot. Why not an intelligent, well-spoken woman, there's many who would fit. I want conversation, not drama.

I also wish The View would hire a sane, intelligent woman to represent the conservative side of the table.    Or better yet, just go back to the way it was in the beginning when the women just shared their own personal thoughts and opinions, and I had no idea which political party they voted for.

19 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Well, you see - the show's producers want drama!  LOL

And that explains everything we're now seeing on The View.  I think it started the day of the "split screen" and there's no going back now.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, pinkle6 said:

Abby has been officially announced as co-host.

Who produces this show? They should be fired. Mostly because they never have anyone "test" for the position. Barbara always had the co-hosts try out before she hired them. It was in everyone's benefit - and allowed her not to have to fire them after 6 months!

Second- I feel like this show has really mis-stepped finding a millenial voice. They ignored the demographic for quite some time and then when they did finally hire someone it was Raven Symone. Nice woman, but a terrible fit for the show. Now we have nepotism run amuck with Meghan and Abby. 
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:
Who produces this show? They should be fired. Mostly because they never have anyone "test" for the position. Barbara always had the co-hosts try out before she hired them. It was in everyone's benefit - and allowed her not to have to fire them after 6 months!

Second- I feel like this show has really mis-stepped finding a millenial voice. They ignored the demographic for quite some time and then when they did finally hire someone it was Raven Symone. Nice woman, but a terrible fit for the show. Now we have nepotism run amuck with Meghan and Abby. 

They clearly do not know their audience.  The audience that Meghan and Abby appeal to do not the watch the View.  And the audience that does watch the View are sick of hearing about how they just don't get blah blah blah or whatever Meghan yammers on about.

• Love 20

From ABC:

Scheduled guests for PREMIERE WEEK of SEPTEMBER 3-7 are as follows (subject to change): 

Tuesday, September 4: “The View” kicks off Season 22 with Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Sonia Sotomayor 

Wednesday, September 5: Former Secretary of State John Kerry (author, “Every Day is Extra”)

Thursday, September 6: A Day of Hot Topics 

Friday, September 7: Wendy Williams (“The Wendy Williams Show”)

• Love 2

I guess they have a formula that gets them enough ratings to get sponsors and if the fur flies so to speak, that is good for ratings.  If no one watched they would go off the air or retool themselves.  they are probably thinking they have the recipe for success.  And maybe they do, just not what we want to watch.  We could all inundate their sponsors with complaints since writing to abc or the view does nothing but fuel the fire.  I'm not watching until I hear something good on this forum.

• Love 7

In this day and age where TV ratings in general are down and people are finding other ways to watch shows, there must be additional ways they measure 'ratings'. Aside from traditional viewership, I wonder how much stock they put into their Youtube views, the press coverage they get from mainstream or independent media, the comments they receive from viewers (I would think in their minds, if you're commenting it means you're watching and they don't care if your consumerism is based on the fact that you love to watch or you hate watch). Unfortunately, we live in a time where behaving badly and causing chaos is what earns you 15 minutes of fame/money and allows you to extend those minutes.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Unfortunately, we live in a time where behaving badly and causing chaos is what earns you 15 minutes of fame/money and allows you to extend those minutes.

And we as a society are worse for it.  Success isn't measured by how much good you do or by how much you accomplish.  It's now measured by how many social media followers you have or how many clicks you get.  The View once had Meredith Viera and Star Jones.  Women who worked for what they had and brought that experience to the table.  We now have Meghan and Abby.  Two rich kids who as far as I can tell would be completely unknown and irrelevant without a rich daddy.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

(I would think in their minds, if you're commenting it means you're watching and they don't care if your consumerism is based on the fact that you love to watch or you hate watch). Unfortunately, we live in a time where behaving badly and causing chaos is what earns you 15 minutes of fame/money and allows you to extend those minutes.

I have commented many times and not watched.  LOL  I may watch a 30-second clip on FB, but not the whole show.

So true about any publicity being "good" publicity. 

• Love 3

I feel were jumping to conclusions too quickly with Abby, lets wait until Sept. 4th. We have to remember Jed was from Fox News she was started by Sean Hannity yet she was pretty decent, despite being Meghan's friend Abby doesn't seem like the person to carry the same heat that Meghan does, Meghan is one of a kind so far. Abby also did guest co-host The View back in 2014 a few times when Sherri and Jenny were still on. She seems like she could be more like Jed where we will disagree with her political views but she seems to have a nice fun personality judging from other interviews and her social media. But like I said we will see on September 4th.

Former Co-Hosts congratulating Abby 

https://twitter.com/lisaling/status/1034648364560789504 - Lisa Ling tweeted congratulations to Abby

https://twitter.com/sarahaines/status/1034552822593986567 - Sara Haines tweeted congratulations to Abby

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

I feel were jumping to conclusions too quickly with Abby, lets wait until Sept. 4th. We have to remember Jed was from Fox News she was started by Sean Hannity yet she was pretty decent, despite being Meghan's friend Abby doesn't seem like the person to carry the same heat that Meghan does, Meghan is one of a kind so far. Abby also did guest co-host The View back in 2014 a few times when Sherri and Jenny were still on. She seems like she could be more like Jed where we will disagree with her political views but she seems to have a nice fun personality judging from other interviews and her social media. But like I said we will see on September 4th.

Former Co-Hosts congratulating Abby 

https://twitter.com/lisaling/status/1034648364560789504 - Lisa Ling tweeted congratulations to Abby

https://twitter.com/sarahaines/status/1034552822593986567 - Sara Haines tweeted congratulations to Abby

Perhaps, we are jumping to conclusions about Abby.  I am just pissed that the show has not only re-signed Megan, but, have added another conservative who will not bring a fresh perspective on the show.  This show just want sparks with women screaming at each other.  If the show had hired Tara or Anna, I would be over the moon. They are intelligent women who are well-informed, strong, open-minded, capable women of color who happen to be conservatives.  Now, I will have to watch the women tiptoe around Megan and not push back on her lies, misinformation and propaganda to not upset her further during her time of grief over her dad.  She will also use her dad's death to her advantage. I sound cold  and heartless, but, I don't put nothing pass Megan. She is a piece of work, nasty to the core. I hope Joy does not let Megan get under her skin..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Ginger it is right on this forum right above you from Miss Scorpio.

Goodness, now it’s there, creepy! Whoopi really looks like she wants to be there, doesn’t she?

• Love 3

It looks like an old photo from last season with Abby photoshopped onto the end. It reminds me of the way they stuck that awkward shot of Meghan into the opening since she came on after the season started to replace Jed. The least they could have done was make Abby's arms all one color in that pantsuit since they were already adding her into the photo.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

That picture must be photoshopped, 

It has to be! Look at Sunny!  Her waist indents on one side and is straight on the other!  Plus her right arm looks weird. I bet it was flat against her body, and they photoshopped it to match Abby, and forgot to match her waist up with the other side.

• Love 1
On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 9:33 AM, TheViewFirst1 said:

I feel were jumping to conclusions too quickly with Abby, lets wait until Sept. 4th. We have to remember Jed was from Fox News she was started by Sean Hannity yet she was pretty decent, despite being Meghan's friend Abby doesn't seem like the person to carry the same heat that Meghan does, Meghan is one of a kind so far. Abby also did guest co-host The View back in 2014 a few times when Sherri and Jenny were still on. She seems like she could be more like Jed where we will disagree with her political views but she seems to have a nice fun personality judging from other interviews and her social media. 

I'm just hoping she's not Abby Normal. Young Frankenstein for the young folks.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2

Because Megan is back, we'll have one episode about her father. Which is okay if I don't have to listen to that obnoxious cow. Like no one ever had to bury their father, ever. That evil twat will milk it instead of grieving in some semblance of silence.

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, TheViewFirst1 said:

I feel were jumping to conclusions too quickly with Abby, lets wait until Sept. 4th. We have to remember Jed was from Fox News she was started by Sean Hannity yet she was pretty decent,

Jedilyingliarwholies was and still is one of The View's worst hires in my book and that will never change. I'll be waiting for McCain and her FOX BFF Abby to join Jedidiah in the dumpster along with all the other rejects of The View's spinning lineup.

Anyway, I saw an article with the best, most apt headline about Abby Huntsman joining The View, and had to post it:

The View Is Coming Back With More Feisty Nepotism Than Ever!

https://splinternews.com/the-view-is-coming-back-with-more-feisty-nepotism-than-1828665845

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedilyingliarwholies was and still is one of The View's worst hires in my book and that will never change. I'll be waiting for McCain and her FOX BFF Abby to join Jedidiah in the dumpster along with all the other rejects of The View's spinning lineup.

Anyway, I saw an article with the best, most apt headline about Abby Huntsman joining The View, and had to post it:

The View Is Coming Back With More Feisty Nepotism Than Ever!

https://splinternews.com/the-view-is-coming-back-with-more-feisty-nepotism-than-1828665845

Hilarious that that blogger thought they were in the same room for the photo.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, me too, I'll watch,  sometimes it is just plain fun to "hate watch" stuff, and I am retired and can do whatever I want, my doggie can't boss me around, ha.

I'm retired and I'll hate watch if I want to. Great attitude. :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I’m hoping that it’s not a hate watch, but actually worth looking at.  (Dream On!!)

Well that depends on Whoopi Sunny and Joy.   I expect Meghan and Abby to annoy me but if the other three don't push back and let them run off at the mouth unchecked then it's going to be unbearable to watch. 

• Love 10

Not sure if this is the right thread,  but I watched a bit of SE Cupp interviewed yesterday abt MM's eulogy, etc.

S.E. said, "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," several times, when asked questions about MM, so it was clear she was pulling suppositions out of her ass cuz she didn't know shit. Plus, what person who is on tv--professional whatever,  or not-- says "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh" at length?  

It was a ridiculously poor commentary, even with out the lengthy uhs. How do these people get on tv? Or any job where talking is important. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

On the new "Murphy Brown", they talked about how Miles, the show's former producer, went to work for two years as the producer of The View, but with all of the gossiping and backstabbing behind the scenes, he had a nervous breakdown.

????????????

• Love 4