Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

And just when we thought we were safe, the Wonder Siblings reappear: http://www.eonline.com/news/789956/derek-and-julianne-hough-are-both-returning-to-dancing-with-the-stars-for-season-23

Urk.  I feel sick.

Of course they are back. Is anyone surprised? They will never become A-listers like they want to, so dwts is the only place they are really going to get any attention. That applies to Maks as well. 

• Love 4

Yay Derek! I'm in it for interesting choreography, and with the exception of a few nice gems from Mark, last season was forgettable for me. (The other day it took me a good few minutes to remember who won. And I LIKED Nyle and thought he should win, but none of his dances really stuck for me, I guess.) Derek always brings a good shot of creativity.

And hey, I hope the Chmerkovskiys got a good bit of inspiration from their tour this summer as well. I think Val has it in him, if he can please stop with putting his partners in black plunge dresses and then dancing dramatically in the dark. (zzzzzzz) 

Happy to see Emma back as well. I hope she gets someone fun.

• Love 2

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Derek and Maks both give me that Brett Favre-post-Packers feeling. Just leave already, for God's sake, and stay gone. I like them and respect their abilities, but I really hate when people keep doing that.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but Derek and Maks both give me that Brett Favre-post-Packers feeling. Just leave already, for God's sake, and stay gone. I like them and respect their abilities, but I really hate when people keep doing that.

I personally don't mind Maks coming back -- to tell you the truth, I've rather missed him -- but I feel the same way about Derek that a lot of people did about Michael Phelps competing in Rio (and being endlessly hyped there) after he'd already sworn he was done in London because he'd already achieved all of his career goals and didn't feel that he had anything more to say through swimming competitively.  It's overhype and overkill -- what more does Derek think he has to prove?

• Love 2

I'm one who doesn't get involved in fanbase wars, or care at all about ringers and producer machinations.  I just like to watch good dancing, creative choreography, actual ballroom dancing, and "celeb" partners who really do become better dancers during their time on the show.  For me, that means I'm happiest if Maks, Derek, and Mark are all back for the season.  If I hear confirmation about Ballas, I'll have my trifecta.

Bless your heart. It would be so simple, not to mention make the poor Mods job very easy if all were that easygoing about this show. 

With regard to Derek, I am pretty sure his contract is not up. Now granted maybe the show would allow him out of it if he really wanted, who knows, but it's not like he came back when his time on the show was completely done. I believe he still has either a season or a year on his contract. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

what more does Derek think he has to prove?

To me this is a difference in perspective, are you in it for the competition or are you in it to see people who are great at something do what they're great at. If you're counting mirrorballs/medals, Derek/Phelps have enough. If you just like to watch good people be good at what they're talented at, of course there's more to give. I don't think there's necessarily one better than the other, I've just always been more engaged in each dance than "who wins." But then, I like Phelps too, and I've never really understood the "you said you were quitting" annoyance. Eh, people change their minds. Maks can change his mind too, I'm not mad. 

In terms of Derek, I mean, since his Broadway show got pushed back to a solid 2017, he probably just saw a hole in his schedule open up that he could easily plug into another season of hanging out with his friends/girlfriend and stretch himself creatively a little bit again. Not a bad gig. Or maybe he still has time on his contract. I wonder if they'd offer him a platform to show some of the dance/video projects he's been working on? He was doing some stuff with Travis Wall and a few videographers that have DWTS credits that never turned up anywhere, and I've been curious about where they might land. 

9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bless your heart. It would be so simple, not to mention make the poor Mods job very easy if all were that easygoing about this show. 

With regard to Derek, I am pretty sure his contract is not up. Now granted maybe the show would allow him out of it if he really wanted, who knows, but it's not like he came back when his time on the show was completely done. I believe he still has either a season or a year on his contract. 

At the end of season 20 w/Nastia, Derek said in interviews that he has 1 season or 1 year left on his contract. There was confusion at the time about what he meant since he said it differently in different interviews. If it was 1 season, Bindi would have ended his contract.  If it was 1 year, then he has 1 season left. Now why do his last season now when rehearsals for Hairspray begin right in the middle of DWTS S23? SITR has been pushed from early 2017 until late 2017 leaving the entire Spring 2017 season open.  Once again his partner is going to have only partial attention from her coach. 

27 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

what more does Derek think he has to prove?

Like a moth to a flame, he needs the adulation from the DWTS hype and to be in front of the cameras

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Entertainment Tonight Tweeted that Ryan Lochte & The Brady Bunch's Maureen McCormick (eldest daughter Marcia Brady) are in S23.

https://mobile.twitter.com/etnow/status/769285860885946372?p=v

Although, Brazil filed charges against Lochte yesterday, for false reporting of a crime/robbery, & they want him back in Rio in connection with that mess, so who knows if he can do it now, or not?

1.     Brazil would have to have him extradited if he refuses to return voluntarily, and that's a very lengthy, complicated process, so I'd really be surprised if it interfered with his being on the show.

2.     Maureen McCormick would definitely be worth tuning in for.

Edited by legaleagle53

Obviously nothing is officially official until they show up on the GMA set next Tuesday morning. But this is where we're at speculatively. I'm assuming at least one, maybe two of these names will actually not end up being on this season.

Guys

Ryan Lochte: What more needs to be said, really.

Jake T. Austin: Young actor from Wizards of Waverly Place and more recently, The Fosters.

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds: 53 year old music producer extraordinaire.

A (most likely) retired NFL player, now thought to be Calvin Johnson formerly of the Detroit Lions

Girls

Terra Jole: 4'2 inch reality star of Little Women: LA

Amber Rose: Model/Activist/Reality TV star/Rap n Hip Hop Paramour

JoJo the Bachelorette

Maureen McCormack: Brady Bunch TV star/Author

Laurie Hernandez: 16 year old Team USA Gold Medal winning Gymnast.

One other new name out there today is Beverley Mitchell (former Seventh Heaven Actress/Close friend and some type of internet co-star of last season's Jodie Sweetin). Soap Actor Robert Palmer Watkins, and Soap Actress Emma Samms have also been mentioned in various places....

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I've got no interest in Maks or Derek returning so I am hoping the remainder of the cast is superior to the rumors because as of now it sounds boring. I'm also going to be annoyed if Derek or Mark fet a gymnast again instead of Sasha, though I suppose if you have an actual little person cast there's not much choice but to put her with the shortest pro. It would just figure if he misses out on an under-5 foot gymnast because they actually have someone even shorter than that cast!

Also snooze about Julianne. She's better than CAI but wish they'd bring on another former pro as judge.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

One other new name out there today is Beverley Mitchell (former Seventh Heaven Actress/Close friend and some type of internet co-star of last season's Jodie Sweetin). Soap Actor Robert Palmer Watkins, and Soap Actress Emma Samms have also been mentioned in various places....

Someone asked Emma if she'll be on DWTS this season and this was her reply.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Buggin said:

I've got no interest in Maks or Derek returning so I am hoping the remainder of the cast is superior to the rumors because as of now it sounds boring. I'm also going to be annoyed if Derek or Mark fet a gymnast again instead of Sasha, though I suppose if you have an actual little person cast there's not much choice but to put her with the shortest pro. It would just figure if he misses out on an under-5 foot gymnast because they actually have someone even shorter than that cast!

Also snooze about Julianne. She's better than CAI but wish they'd bring on another former pro as judge.

Simone has stated she'd like to do DWTS in the Spring - I'm sure Deena Katz has already probably signed her so if Sasha gets Terra this time, he could very well get Simone next time.

I have a ton of sympathy for Maureen, and I certainly had an enormous crush on her in another lifetime.  But, she is pretty fragile physically, and likely, emotionally.  I am saddened to believe what I see coming for her on DWTS.  I will be quite happy to be proven wrong.

14 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Of course they are back. Is anyone surprised? They will never become A-listers like they want to, so dwts is the only place they are really going to get any attention. That applies to Maks as well. 

That's my take on it as well, but there's nothing wrong with that IMO. They'll never be superstars, any of them, and DWTS gives them a platform for exposure for other projects etc. and pays them well. As far as dancing gigs go, it probably doesn't get much better than a contract as pro on the show. Plus, Peta is pregnant and has to sit out this season. I suspect DWTS approached Maks (they do like their headlines and drama...and ratings have been sliding), and with his upcoming baby and wedding, I'm sure the nice bit of income from the show is appreciated. Same with Derek's theatre work getting pushed back, he's got free time now so he's back for this gig. I can't really blame any of them, though the endless "this time I'm leaving" declarations from all the pros are rather tiresome.

• Love 6

Color me shocked that Babyface would do this show, as from all appearances he is so well respected and his a definitive legacy in RNB music both in front and behind the scenes. He must want to get his name back out there to a wide audience to promote something. 

In regards to the Hough's return. Even though I've never been a huge Derek fan (except for oddly enough his season with Lil Kim), I simply don't see how Julianne is somehow magically qualified to be a judge. Like... honestly I'd much prefer her be a pro, then you'd REALLY see the other pros step up their game I think. To have both Hough's against both Chmerkovsky's, whether completely producer contrived or not, would make for a damn good rivalry during the season. To have Julianne as a judge is a waste of what could be a really entertaining season if she actually competed and to me just makes her look like she thinks she's too good to compete with the pros.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PTVjones said:

Color me shocked that Babyface would do this show, as from all appearances he is so well respected and his a definitive legacy in RNB music both in front and behind the scenes. He must want to get his name back out there to a wide audience to promote something. 

In regards to the Hough's return. Even though I've never been a huge Derek fan (except for oddly enough his season with Lil Kim), I simply don't see how Julianne is somehow magically qualified to be a judge. Like... honestly I'd much prefer her be a pro, then you'd REALLY see the other pros step up their game I think. To have both Hough's against both Chmerkovsky's, whether completely producer contrived or not, would make for a damn good rivalry during the season. To have Julianne as a judge is a waste of what could be a really entertaining season if she actually competed and to me just makes her look like she thinks she's too good to compete with the pros.

And, of course, there's also the inherent conflict of interest arising from having her on the panel while her brother is competing as a pro. But apparently nobody cares about that because Derek, the God of Dance.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 6

I'm kind of raising an eyebrow at certain aspects of the last Entertainment Tonight report listing out confirmed or in talks celebs. Beverley Mitchell's name first came up among fans when her Wiki bio happened to fit the clues about Artem's partner; did the show coincidentally bring in (or come close to bringing in) two actresses who had their first screen credits at age 9, recorded country albums, and had work published? Because I can buy Maureen McCormick as being accurate, that seems like an expected show choice. But if the Emma Samms info is truly wrong, then I'm not sure why the "source" couldn't have screwed up with others, too. With the caveat that I hated Seventh Heaven and Lucy Camden so I'd prefer her portrayer not turn up here (I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life).

The only question now is who will get Laurie. Derek, Mark or Val??

Somewhat cheekily, I'd like to see Val get her.....just to make the Derek 'Shippers lose their shit. I also liked Val the one time he got a minor (Zendaya) more than all of his other partners combined.

Edited to add that it's looking more and more like Sharna will be dancing this season with Indy Car racer James Hinchcliffe. She was spotted at a race in Texas tonight.

I guess by process of elimination that would leave Witney to babysit Ryan Lochte....unless one of the other assumed Female Pro/Male Celeb pairings end up being wrong.

37 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

The only question now is who will get Laurie. Derek, Mark or Val??

Somewhat cheekily, I'd like to see Val get her.....just to make the Derek 'Shippers lose their shit. I also liked Val the one time he got a minor (Zendaya) more than all of his other partners combined.

Edited to add that it's looking more and more like Sharna will be dancing this season with Indy Car racer James Hinchcliffe. She was spotted at a race in Texas tonight.

I guess by process of elimination that would leave Witney to babysit Ryan Lochte....unless one of the other assumed Female Pro/Male Celeb pairings end up being wrong.

Derek will be in rehearsals for Hairspray in mid-October and won't be able to travel with Laurie on tour.  

Mark would be perfect for her. She's happy, giggly, and he'd maximize her talent while showing her personality.

Val is way too intense for her.  Yes, he did well with Zendaya but did she ever look happy (vs professional smiles)?

Not familiar with James Hinchcliffe.

Ohh Ryan, this is not good. I just don't think Witney is strong enough to handle him in a positive way.

19 minutes ago, Uke said:

Val is way too intense for her.  Yes, he did well with Zendaya but did she ever look happy (vs professional smiles)?

As far as I can remember, Val has never had an athlete as a partner so it'd be a welcomed change for him. Also, judging the floor routine, I think Laurie was the best in terms of quality of movement and hitting the beat during the dancing sections. Height will presumably be a challenge but... Other pros have had bigger physical barriers than height difference so I'm sure Val will be fine, if that's his partner. 

Also, Val and Zendaya are still quite close. Maks was in one of her recent music videos from a movie soundtrack, I believe it was a Peter Pan remake. Also, I've seen IG pictures where they've spent Christmas together and she went to the Maks and Val tour, not to mention being Val's partner in one of the Sway tours. Zendaya always seemed to be, though generally pretty bubbly, serious about performing and rehearsals especially for a teen which is most likely a result of the Disney training. In terms of partnership relationships being successful on the show AND longevity of relationship, Zendaya is probably Val's most successful partner. 

• Love 3

Funny thing is last year at the very beginning of the season Alfonso Ribiero made a comment about how he was helping in recruiting people for the show. Beverly Mitchell AND Laurie Hernandez are both very close with Alfonso and his family. Maybe he's still playing a part somehow. 

Lindsay is apparently paired with a football player. Probably Calvin Johnson.

I wonder how Laurie Hernandez is available for DWTS. She is on the same gymnastics tour that Simone Biles said would prevent her from dancing until Spring. At any rate, I hope she is. I love her personality and the girl can DANCE!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I wonder how Laurie Hernandez is available for DWTS. She is on the same gymnastics tour that Simone Biles said would prevent her from dancing until Spring. At any rate, I hope she is. I love her personality and the girl can DANCE!

I wonder if Laurie is really going to go on tour.  She's not listed on the tour's website as part of the cast (none of the 2016 women are though).  The last few articles I saw that mentioned her doing the tour were back when the team finals were happening.  Some of them even mentioned Madison doing the tour and she's going to college this fall.  So the roster may not have been fully set.  Otherwise with child labor laws I can't see Laurie being able to do both.

From DancingABC's Instagram, it looks like the former Governor of Texas Rick Perry is going to be Emma's partner.  There's no other famous person that really meets the clue criteria (Eagle Scout, Air Force veteran, fiddle player).

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Saytura said:

I wonder if Laurie is really going to go on tour.  She's not listed on the tour's website as part of the cast (none of the 2016 women are though).  The last few articles I saw that mentioned her doing the tour were back when the team finals were happening. 

I think you may be right....her picture is not part of the tour poster. I just assumed it was ALL the Final Five, but apparently not. DWTS gain!

Maybe Laurie has school or something she needs? I don't know how it works, either way I'm happy to have her. I find her adorable and I hope she is paired with anyone but Derek or Mark. Is Mark coming back? I assumed from things I read last season was probably his last?

I'm happy Maks is back. Not Derek. I really thought hairspray would keep him far away from this show. And not happy about Julieanne coming back either. She added nothing to the panel and she was basis. 

I kind of want more exciting names for this season. Aside from Laurie, I'm not all that excited with the names being thrown around. And I know nothing is set in stone until Tuesday, we do always get a clear idea around this time of who's going to be on. 

Saytura.....say it ain't so about Rick Perry :-(

DWTS manages to give us the "model ugly American" and a Trump surrogate in the same cast? Poor Emma. About as bad as the show dusting off Edyta for Geraldo. Emma and Jack Hanna would've been fun and sweet (like an older than Bill Engvall puppy dog). Bleergh.

• Love 3

I kind of like when Val is forced to deal with younger contestants (Zendaya/switchup Bindi) so I wouldn't mind a Val/Laurie pairing, but I'm having a hard time believing they would have signed her before the Olympics, which was when he was aledgedly saying he had already spoken to his partner. 

So either Val, or the Val-fan report from the Q&A, was full of shit when saying he already knew his partner (not necessarily out of the question) or his partner's not Laurie. Or DWTS casting is more prescient than I give them credit for.

I'm kind of holding out hope for Laurie/Mark, mostly because I find the Beverly Mitchell rumors so incredibly boring. 7th Heaven was the worst.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Saytura said:

From DancingABC's Instagram, it looks like the former Governor of Texas Rick Perry is going to be Emma's partner.  There's no other famous person that really meets the clue criteria (Eagle Scout, Air Force veteran, fiddle player).

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?  Whom did Emma piss off that Casting is punishing her (and us) like this?  :-(

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Somewhat cheekily, I'd like to see Val get her.....just to make the Derek 'Shippers lose their shit. 

Yeah, she follows Val on Twitter, so a bunch of those Derek worshipping sites have read a lot into that and already started the hate. I really hope she gets Val just for that. 

I also hope Witney gets Ryan. Would seem like karma for the recent seasons where she seems to not really want to be there

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lewis said:

Yeah, she follows Val on Twitter, so a bunch of those Derek worshipping sites have read a lot into that and already started the hate. I really hope she gets Val just for that. 

I also hope Witney gets Ryan. Would seem like karma for the recent seasons where she seems to not really want to be there

You gotta love the irony in Derek fans bitching about Val getting another ringer. Because ya know, poor Golden Boy is always getting stuck with those crappy partners. Also agree about Witney.  She got spoiled with Alfonso and ever since she never lived up to her own hype.

• Love 2

Very sad that Julianne is returning.  I can't stand anything about her except her dancing with Apollo Ohno.  That screeching voice is dire.  The only person I want to leave more than Julianne is CAI.  

I hope Maks gets someone who suits him - when he has a good partner, he is lovely to watch; when he has a bad partner, I just want to kick him in the teeth.

I have been a big Val fan since Zendaya, but I've hated nearly all of his partnerships (except Rumer) since then.  So basically the same thing as Maks.

Derek is fun to watch dancing and I love the Teflon attitude he grew as the show went on.  I really hope he has someone with whom he has to work and I hope he doesn't shirk that work.

I wish Tony would leave.  I'm just sick of the melancholy and the flash of testosterone when CAI gets all up in his bits. ETA: I see he's out for this season; who is going to get the aged loser chick?

If Lochte has to be on the show, I hope it's with Witney for all the snarky reasons.

I wonder what happened to Edyta.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 1

Ok, now I have no idea what is happening. Whispers today from those seemingly in the know think that Cheryl is back this season (maybe w/ Lochte). But unless they go to a super sized cast of 14, then Witney or Mark would be out.

Derek's potential partner is maybe Marilu Henner. Although other names out there include JoJo, McKayla Maroney or some other former gymnast, Lindsey Stirling (seems unlikely given her upcoming tour schedule), or some Neyla person who is the fiddle/violinist from the band The Lumineers...

24 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I wonder what happened to Edyta.

As she said recently on Instagram/Twitter, she has other priorities these days.  She's mainly concentrating on her home and family life and particularly on raising her and Alec's adorable son.

I can't really believe the Cheryl stuff.  I believe the only "proof" they have is that her PR person followed Ryan Lochte on Twitter (as well as Marilu Henner and they also represent Derek).  If I recall the past correctly, Cheryl's long been out of her contract so she has no obligation to return.  Plus she burned a lot of bridges ragging on Maks and Ian Ziering in the Spring.  The absolutely only way I see her coming back is if Witney gave the show short notice on a pregnancy and didn't want to dance this season.  Even then, I think they'd try harder with any of the other females or promote someone else from the troupe.

46 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Ok, now I have no idea what is happening. Whispers today from those seemingly in the know think that Cheryl is back this season (maybe w/ Lochte). But unless they go to a super sized cast of 14, then Witney or Mark would be out.

Derek's potential partner is maybe Marilu Henner. Although other names out there include JoJo, McKayla Maroney or some other former gymnast, Lindsey Stirling (seems unlikely given her upcoming tour schedule), or some Neyla person who is the fiddle/violinist from the band The Lumineers...

That's interesting speculation regarding Cheryl.  She's one of the few pros I know of who would crack the whip the second Ryan tried to slack off or give her attitude.  It's the one thing she will not tolerate in any of her students.

And possibly Marilu Henner for Derek?  Interesting.  I believe she's been interested in doing the show for years, but she's always been turned down because as a professional dancer who grew up dancing because her parents owned a dance studio at which she herself started teaching dance when she was only 14, she's been considered to be too much of a ringer even for this show.  Of course, she's probably not as much of a ringer now as she would have been when the show started (she's 64), but I'm not sure how much of a challenge she really would be for Derek because of her experience and her well-known power of total recall.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Saytura said:

I can't really believe the Cheryl stuff.  I believe the only "proof" they have is that her PR person followed Ryan Lochte on Twitter (as well as Marilu Henner and they also represent Derek).  If I recall the past correctly, Cheryl's long been out of her contract so she has no obligation to return.  Plus she burned a lot of bridges ragging on Maks and Ian Ziering in the Spring.  The absolutely only way I see her coming back is if Witney gave the show short notice on a pregnancy and didn't want to dance this season.  Even then, I think they'd try harder with any of the other females or promote someone else from the troupe.

She didn't rag on Maks from what I recall. She said he was a good kisser. She implied she and Mark tried to hook up at some point and that she never hooked up with Derek. She probably wasn't counting on coming back when she said all that, but none of it is insurmountable. 

I would completely believe Cheryl returning. Things change. Her show on NBC was on last summer and although it was renewed, I haven't seen anything about season 2 being filmed or scheduled, or even if it would have the same celebrity cast. Cheryl recently did a dance show in Japan featuring a lot of ice skaters. She wants to bring the show to the US. Ice skaters don't have the same level of appeal here they have in Japan. A stint on a network tv show, possibly paired with a man who has been in the headlines, would be good for her.

DWTS has been on for over a decade now. The long time pros have seen their lives change a lot in that time. It's possible that DWTS may not fit in at some times and fit back in again later. If Edyta can return after having no involvement in the show from seasons 11-21, I won't write anyone off permanently. It's also about what they're offered. If producers want a pro back, they can make them an attractive offer.

What's odd to me is that the show announced some pros and have been hinting at some pairings when apparently they don't have their cast together. They're living dangerously, but I'll enjoy the drama of it all for now.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Saytura said:

Yay. That will be as fun as watching Tom Delay dance. ?

• Love 1

Re Cheryl, I wonder if early rehearsals showed Witney not being able to handle Ryan and tptb decided on a quick swap.  Or maybe Witney balked at getting assigned Ryan and they needed to find a new pro quickly.  Edyta has already said she's out for the season, Kym has already said she's "hanging up her dance shoes", Anna's in Europe (having an amazing time according to her FB pics),  Karina's already announced she's committed to some events in September.  Really the only viable choice from the troupe was Jenna and she was already announced as a pro and likely is already working with her star.  Cheryl was already in LA and could be slotted in quickly.  Could be they offered her enough money and/or other deals that she couldn't say no.  

Of course it's possible that they found a 14th star but the only time they've gone over 13 was in season 9 with a whopping 16 stars (though Delay withdrew fairly early, he was 4th out).

As for a sudden pregnancy-related withdrawal from Witney, isn't her new husband still in school? That would mean they are living off her income.  A pro job on DWTS is a plum job for a dancer, you'd think she'd get what she can while she can.

I don't see Witney backing out of partnering Lochte unless she's injured and there's no reason to think she is. In spite of recent events, he's not always a jerk. Mostly he's just clueless. I would think it would be bad for a pro's standing with the show. That also seems out of character for Witney. 

So far, I haven't seen any rumors as to who Gleb or Mark's celebrities are. Mark hasn't even been confirmed yet at all. It's possible someone already confirmed could be out in the shuffle of things, kind of like what happened to Artem a few seasons ago.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

Ok, so I am just catching up on this thread and reading Ryan freakin' Lochte is in? Why? No, really, why?

Ugh

Imagine a conversation between Ryan Lochte and Rick Perry. That could be tv gold! John Oliver had a great package of Ryan Lochte saying dumb things last week. He is unintentionally hilarious. I think he should be doing something "good" like volunteering as a swim coach for disadvantaged kids or visiting sick kids in hospitals to rehab his image, instead of a silly dance show. It could be a fun train wreck to watch though.

Kristyn Burtt just confirmed Derek and Marilu Henner. If a 64 year old can be a ringer...she's it lol.

Also she confirmed that Cheryl is in fact back. So we've either got 14 celebs, somebody is getting a Artem-like last minute bump off, or Mark/Witney isn't actually on this season...

• Love 1

If a 64 year old can be a ringer...she's it lol.

Well she has all her limbs doesn't she so yeah...ringer. Oh wait, limbs are optional because Amy didn't have legs.

Also she confirmed that Cheryl is in fact back. So we've either got 14 celebs, somebody is getting a Artem-like last minute bump off, or Mark/Witney isn't actually on this season...

My guess is Mark is not back because it's been radio silence with him and I don't think Mark has ever taken a season off since he started on the show. Pleasantly surprised to see Cheryl back. I really thought she was gone for good but I've always liked her and she and Lochte could be a very interesting pairing. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well she has all her limbs doesn't she so yeah...ringer. Oh wait, limbs are optional because Amy didn't have legs.

That's not why Marilu is a ringer.  She's a ringer because she's a professional dancer who grew up learning and teaching dance at her parents' dance studio.  That's why she's never been invited to be on the show before now, even though she's been interested in doing it for years.  She was always considered to be too much of a ringer even for this show.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 4