Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I like her because she didn’t let the language barrier or homesickness stop her from going after what she wanted. She may not be a big attention getter but I think the other girls like and appreciate her as s teammate. I was very happy to see her engagement.

We all have our favorites. Yuko will always be one of mine. 

For me being outside of the US, it truly shows how big the NFL and DCC are. I started watching the show the year that Angela got picked and I really rooted for her, Jinelle and Yuko over the years. It inspired me to want to try out myself initally! 

Yuko seems really lovely and a good teammate. She's not a great dancer but she's good and fits in with the team. What am I going to do with no non-US women to back on the team?! 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Tootie said:

The seven retirees...  Jessika, Tasha, Khalyn, KaShara, (Kelli & Judy), Kelli, Lacey, Yuko.

2019-04-04 (26).png

Not surprised at all (ish). I think we all could tell Kelli was retiring. I am kind of surprised about Khalyn though.

Was Heather O the ROTY for her rookie season? If not, who was? For the life of me I can't remember.

• Love 1

Only seven retiring, wow! Probably two more could get cut in finals this year but not bad for have that many vets returning. 

Sad to see Khalyn and Tasha retiring, they were group leader material for me. 

Heather is a shock for me, but good for her. Can’t remember Caroline at all but kudos I guess 😂

I don’t watch the podcasts (and won’t until they get their shhh together) so it’s up to MTT for the girls to make a lasting impression for me. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The last podcast was not too bad. Jinelle did a good job. They have them on youtube now.

I think Season 8 had the most vets trying out again with three cut at finals, Courtney Cook leaving before TC started and Chelsea getting cut during TC, and Danielle being brought back before TC started, and almost getting cut again during TC. I think Season 8 had 12 rookies.

Edited by bigskygirl

This has the potential to be the smallest rookie class since season 5 (2010) of MTT.  There were only 8 rookies that year. But if they get some rock star rookie potentials...I see some cut possibilities amongst the vets.  The vets, as they are fond of saying, had better bring it this year.  🙂

• Love 2
1 minute ago, heckkitty said:

Heather for point!

Since Khalyn is retiring...I think Heather would be a great choice for point.  I wouldn't mind Maddie at point either but I have a feeling they'll leave her where she's at.  I just don't want to see Amy there (I know she is the most senior vet now but she's so blah to me). 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Only seven retiring, wow! Probably two more could get cut in finals this year but not bad for have that many vets returning. 

Do I dare ask who?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Formatting and forum being glitchy and not letting me edit
13 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Since Khalyn is retiring...I think Heather would be a great choice for point.  I wouldn't mind Maddie at point either but I have a feeling they'll leave her where she's at.  I just don't want to see Amy there (I know she is the most senior vet now but she's so blah to me). 

I have always defended Maddie on this board but I just don't see her as point. My eye is not drawn to her and I feel the point girl needs that extra something special.  Not crazy over the top special but some kind of unique sparkle.  Maybe Heather can pull that off. She could surprise us. She certainly is both pretty and photogenic enough.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Sad to see Khalyn and Tasha retiring, they were group leader material for me. 

Heather is a shock for me, but good for her. Can’t remember Caroline at all but kudos I guess 😂

I don’t watch the podcasts (and won’t until they get their shhh together) so it’s up to MTT for the girls to make a lasting impression for me. 

Same.

1 hour ago, Kayce said:

This has the potential to be the smallest rookie class since season 5 (2010) of MTT.  There were only 8 rookies that year. But if they get some rock star rookie potentials...I see some cut possibilities amongst the vets.  The vets, as they are fond of saying, had better bring it this year.  🙂

Season 8 came close to being a small rookie class, but with three vets being cut at finals, one during TC, and one leaving before TC started, it would have been a small rookie class.

Part of the reason why Season 5 had eight rookies was the fact the squad was small (34 instead of at least 35 or 36.) I think Season 9 had 10 rookies, so it was a small rookie class also.

1 minute ago, Monique said:

If Heather is point (which I hope she isn’t she is kind of bland to me) I hope they fix her hair, the brown underneath irks me 🙈

Heather may be a group leader next season, but being VOTY does not mean she will be point girl. There have been girls in the past who got VOTY and were not point girl.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Heather may be a group leader next season, but being VOTY does not mean she will be point girl. There have been girls in the past who got VOTY and were not point girl.

@bigskygirl I'm curious. Who would you like to see in the triangle? I have exhausted my opinions (tired of listening to myself). I've given up on my anti-Gina campaign and VK making the team is inevitable.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

@bigskygirl I'm curious. Who would you like to see in the triangle? I have exhausted my opinions (tired of listening to myself). I've given up on my anti-Gina campaign and VK making the team is inevitable.

Hmmm... I have not given thought to who I would like to see in the triangle. I think Heather is a good choice, but I am trying to block out the last two seasons in my mind. Sadly I am not too impress with the team the last two years. I think all the toxic drama, the Victoria drama along with inside information leaking out telling the real story about what is going on behind the scene has left a bad taste in my mouth.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Hmmm... I have not given thought to who I would like to see in the triangle. I think Heather is a good choice, but I am trying to block out the last two seasons in my mind. Sadly I am not too impress with the team the last two years. I think all the toxic drama, the Victoria drama along with inside information leaking out telling the real story about what is going on behind the scene has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I understand and agree. I hit my limit with the VK drama of last season.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

For point: technique based only vote is Gina. The face? Tasha. If they let Kashara up front without the best technique then they can let Tasha. I hope she doesn’t retire though. 

Edit: I’m so ashamed. SO ASHAMED.  How could I forget Brianna??!! Shame on me. If they were to let a rookie/new vet rock our world at point, imma hafta bump any vet for Briannaaaaaa from TN because hells yes. I shall be a Bri For Point stan effective now. #pirouettesassypose 

I love Briana!!!  She'd definitely be a great choice for point if they took a one year vet 🙂

• Love 3

I thought Tasha was retiring. I wonder if they ever moved a one year vet up close to the triangle. I know Jennifer from Season 8 was made an assistant squad leader her second year, but no idea where she was in the triangle.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I have always defended Maddie on this board but I just don't see her as point. My eye is not drawn to her and I feel the point girl needs that extra something special.  Not crazy over the top special but some kind of unique sparkle.  Maybe Heather can pull that off. She could surprise us. She certainly is both pretty and photogenic enough.

I love love love Maddie...always have...always will 🙂  For everyone that hates on her...I come back with LOVE LOVE LOVE 😉 Now that being said, as much as I would love for them to put her at point, I don't think they will...I think she will remain where she was last season.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Not surprised at all (ish). I think we all could tell Kelli was retiring. I am kind of surprised about Khalyn though.

Was Heather O the ROTY for her rookie season? If not, who was? For the life of me I can't remember.

Yes, heather was also ROTY. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love Briana!!!  She'd definitely be a great choice for point if they took a one year vet 🙂

Have watched her all season. She does a nice job but blends when she dances. Sorry, she is not dynamic or a stand-out. And she is sweet, folks love her, but she has to remind herself to smile. Keep her on the squad, yes. But point??  No.  No standout personality, power or pop for point. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I can't see Maddie at point, she's too young looking but then again I didn't see her in the triangle either so only Kelli and Judy know who's gonna be point lol

nope...we can guesstimate and wish all we want for our faves to be point...but it all boils down to what the powers that be want ! 🙂

12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes, heather was also ROTY. 

Glad to see you 🙂 I thought you had left (I was gone for several months so I didn't know who stayed around) 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love love love Maddie...always have...always will 🙂  For everyone that hates on her...I come back with LOVE LOVE LOVE 😉 Now that being said, as much as I would love for them to put her at point, I don't think they will...I think she will remain where she was last season.  

To be clear, I never said I hated Maddie.  I just don't see her as point.  

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, DKay said:

Have watched her all season. She does a nice job but blends when she dances. Sorry, she is not dynamic or a stand-out. And she is sweet, folks love her, but she has to remind herself to smile. Keep her on the squad, yes. But point??  No.  No standout personality, power or pop for point. 

I couldn't care less about point, but man, every post you have mentioned about Briana has been tinged with shade. It's interesting to say the least...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Khalyn has been battling injuries this last season.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Tasha was retiring. I wonder if they ever moved a one year vet up close to the triangle. 

Evan and Ashton were in the triangle during their second year on the squad.  Crystal was point.

• Love 1
(edited)

So for those retiring, how long were they on the squad? Do I have these right...?

Lacey: 5 years

KaShara: 4 years

Jessika: 4 years

Tasha: 3 years 

Yuko: 3 years

Khalyn: 3 years

Kelli: 2 years

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

So for those retiring, how long were they on the squad? Do I have these right...?

Lacey: 5 years

KaShara: 4 years

Jessika: 4 years

Tasha: 3 years 

Yuko: 3 years

Khalyn: 3 years

Kelli: 2 years

Kellie was a 3rd year jessika was a 3rd year 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Do I dare ask who?

If they cut vets, and they cut exactly 2, my best guess is Gabby (love her, but if she was really on weight watch all season...) and Christina (who I actually like, but she's been at the back of the formation the whole time) or Taylor (I feel like she makes mistakes).

8 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

If they cut vets, and they cut exactly 2, my best guess is Gabby (love her, but if she was really on weight watch all season...) and Christina (who I actually like, but she's been at the back of the formation the whole time) or Taylor (I feel like she makes mistakes).

We should start to see the pics from the swimsuit fittings soon, which means we should also start to see who all is battling their weight.  I've seen Gabby in several Insta stories working out, so I'm hoping she is able to lose it in time.  However, if she doesn't bring it to auditions with her solo, kicks, test, etc, and she is on the bubble, I can see K&J bringing up the fact that she battled her weight during her rookie season and not wanting to take a chance.  

• Love 1

I'm curious how ROTY and VOTY are chosen - does any insider have any idea? I thought I had heard somewhere, probably a podcast that the whole team votes. I tend to believe that it is voted on by the team and not a Kelly and Judy decision. 

Both of these young women, Caroline and Heather, are spoken of very highly by their teammates. 

I think they are both good choices. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

knew it! 🙂 i like her a lot.  she looks gorgeous here. 

LAUREN B!! Seeing you made my day! I was so worried you were gone for good. You’ve always been such a bright spot in here.😊

So I have to ask this. Has Season 14 been agreed on with CMT? Have you heard anything at all???

• Love 5

I’m so glad my girl Heather got some love!

i wasn’t expecting caroline for roty but she seems really sweet and she’s definitely good.

Now that Amy is confirmed as returning, I’m picking her as GL1. Maddie will be GL2. I’m going with Tess and Heather for the other 2 open slots.

As for formations: Gina and Maddie stay were they are. Heather for point, a 1yr vet in the triangle. Amy in Heather’s S19 position and Tess behind point.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Now that Amy is confirmed as returning, I’m picking her as GL1. Maddie will be GL2. I’m going with Tess and Heather for the other 2 open slots.

As for formations: Gina and Maddie stay were they are. Heather for point, a 1yr vet in the triangle. Amy in Heather’s S19 position and Tess behind point.

I agree with you on the GL1’s. But I don’t think they would put Amy farther back then she already is, I think she will keep her spot or move into the triangle.

When they split from the triangle and go in to the 6 lines their’s 6 in front this past year it was; Gina, Lacey, Kash, Khalyn, Maddie, and Kelli. Next season I think it will be Gina, Heather, Amy, Maddie, Tess, and Lexie or a Rookie. I think Gina will either stay in her spot or move into the triangle but I can’t remember the last time the triangle wasn’t all GL1’s

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Monique said:

I agree with you on the GL1’s. But I don’t think they would put Amy farther back then she already is, I think she will keep her spot or move into the triangle.

When they split from the triangle and go in to the 6 lines their’s 6 in front this past year it was; Gina, Lacey, Kash, Khalyn, Maddie, and Kelli. Next season I think it will be Gina, Heather, Amy, Maddie, Tess, and Lexie or a Rookie. I think Gina will either stay in her spot or move into the triangle but I can’t remember the last time the triangle wasn’t all GL1’s

Season 5 - Crystal, Evan and Ashton

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Those here can probably guess at least one of the girls I think would be one of the veterans likely up for being cut and that is. . . . (drum roll please) . . . Christina!  Yep, if the incoming group (excluding Victoria and Malena) is as talented and beautiful as the last group and they want some fresh faces in Camp this year, Christina is at the top of my list to be cut.  Taylor, Savannah and Gabby are the other three.  I wonder who Kelli has her eye on as strugglers and those who haven't impressed her over the past year or who is likely to bungle it (with interview/solo) this year.  I suspect Jessika knew her time was up after this past year and decided to make it her decision to leave instead of being told at Finals that she wasn't going to make it back.

• Love 2

Why do most people dislike Christina? She's always one people vote to get cut.

Personally, I think she's got a terrific smile, she dances fine. She worked really hard for a lot of years to make the squad, and didn't give up. I think that's commendable. She may not be a flashy dancer, but she gets the job done and she photographs great. I like her.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I can’t get the picture to upload but who is the amazon/freakishly tall one in the group 1 photo next to Lacey? She’s small I’m sure but literally looks out of place with the other girls she’s so big. 

I think you mean Taylor.

laceyannalea_5_4_2019_17_39_45_136 copy.jpg

Edited by go4luca
5 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

I couldn't care less about point, but man, every post you have mentioned about Briana has been tinged with shade. It's interesting to say the least...

And???  That's my opinion.  It's valid to me.   

• Love 1
Just now, ClosetDCCFan said:

I don’t see Rookie Madeline in any of the Instagram photos.  She missed the year end banquet?  

I saw picture of her she was there 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Why do most people dislike Christina? She's always one people vote to get cut.

Personally, I think she's got a terrific smile, she dances fine. She worked really hard for a lot of years to make the squad, and didn't give up. I think that's commendable. She may not be a flashy dancer, but she gets the job done and she photographs great. I like her.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've disliked Christina since she was actually named on the show.  Compared to many of the girls who've come through, she's an average dancer at best with issues in memory and flexibility.  If I remember correctly, she's one of the least flexible girls on the squad and had issues getting into the splits for many years leading up to her rookie year and even then still couldn't quite manage the splits like the other girls.

Granted, not everyone is a solo performer, but her solos have been average to bad (in season 9, Kitty critiqued her and said the infamous "I'm a stripper, I'm a slut" about some of her moves).  Even when the solo by itself was good, Christina's performance of it often lacked enthusiasm, polish, technique, and power.  In the few seconds we saw of her solo last year, her split leap was low, heavy, and didn't fully extend to the full split (180 is usually what is expected for that leap).  Her turns were average as well.  Several insiders also said that many of the former DCC who helped out with auditions last year were shocked at how badly she performed during the solo portion of Finals.

People who've met her have stated that, outside of the official DCC-sanctioned events, many times Christina has been stand-offish at best to downright rude when dealing with people.  I've also felt that Christina has an entitled attitude, especially her rookie season, like she deserved to make the squad just because she tried out for so many years.  It also seemed that she felt entitled to more awards and accolades than the other girls as well.  I thought she got lucky that year because, if Kelli had waited until after Canton to make a cut, it would likely have been Christina who was cut instead of Brennan.   I shall stop there before people yell at me for repeating myself.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Monique said:

Season 11 was Jennifer, Jenna & Melissa. (Melissa was a 2nd leader.) Danielle and Jessica were the other 1st leaders and they were further back in the triangle.

Season 9 was Holly, Emma & Jacie. (Jacie was a 2nd leader)  Sydney and Nicole were the other 1st GLs further back in formation.

Season 8 was Mia, Emma & Jackie.  (Emma was a 2nd leader)  Sydney and Lauren were the other 1st GLs further back in formation.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice Gina's pucker lip pose in several of the pictures from last night?  In my opinion she ruined the Group 1 picture with her pucker face. Fine if everyone is doing it to ham it up for the camera but in the Group 1 picture she was the only one 

• Love 3