Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Did anyone listen to the podcast today?  Anything interesting, other than they plan on re-auditioning?  I should have listened to it, but after listening to Melissa Rycroft discuss the history of her boobs for almost 20 minutes, I just didn't want to🤣

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did anyone listen to the podcast today?  Anything interesting, other than they plan on re-auditioning?  I should have listened to it, but after listening to Melissa Rycroft discuss the history of her boobs for almost 20 minutes, I just didn't want to🤣

Nothing to interesting besides the same stuff they ask the others are you re  auditioning how was your first year as a dcc !! They did talk abt the st Patrick’s shortest parade in Arkansas 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The girls who got to go to Arkansas for the st Patty’s day parade 

8D59550E-40DB-4E2D-9288-C9106CF75608.jpeg

Did anyone catch on KaShara's (I think) InstaStroy, she and Lacey will be All Stars.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, J-R said:

Did anyone catch on KaShara's (I think) InstaStroy, she and Lacey will be All Stars.

That’s the name of the song at the concert they are attending !!  But I wouldn’t rule them out being all stars 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, J-R said:

Pleased to hear it! They are both great dancers, lovely ladies and excellent ambassadors for the DCC imo.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

That’s the name of the song at the concert they are attending !!  But I wouldn’t rule them out being all stars 

HaHa!  I suppose I should have watched with the sound on!  

On 3/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, Holly85 said:

Nothing to interesting besides the same stuff they ask the others are you re  auditioning how was your first year as a dcc !! They did talk abt the st Patrick’s shortest parade in Arkansas 

IMO Jinelle asks relevant questions and it's much better having her as a co-host on the podcast. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kees080 said:

IMO Jinelle asks relevant questions and it's much better having her as a co-host on the podcast. 

Yes she does and yeah it’s way  better to have her then Shannon 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Is it required that the girls have to post bikini calendar pics for the first day of Spring? Not that I'm complaining lol. Was just going through Instagram and it's one after another! Ha 

No it’s not required they just ringing in the first day of spring 

8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Is it required that the girls have to post bikini calendar pics for the first day of Spring? Not that I'm complaining lol. Was just going through Instagram and it's one after another! Ha 

My conspiracy theory is they're told what to post on certain days. Everyone always posts on game day and I doubt it's just because they're excited about game day lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

My conspiracy theory is they're told what to post on certain days. Everyone always posts on game day and I doubt it's just because they're excited about game day lol

I'm thinking more of it being a tradition. Their job is to basically get people pumped up for the games so it seems traditional to me. Not forced. 

2 hours ago, Slate said:

Maddie and Daphne will be on the podcast today.

Maybe we will get LUCKY and neither Shannon or Courtney will be hosting.  

• LOL 1
On 3/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, WinkyFace said:

No ones talking about Kelsey’s wedding!?! The ill-fitting dress (it somehow made her look big?!?) the multiple sponsorship hashtags? The other DCC attendees and what this means?? (Kelly and Lauren obv, I think I saw savannah. Heather wasn’t there?)

Sponsorships for a wedding???  Like sponsors giving her free stuff for social media mentions and stuff like that?   That’s really really tacky - is that common w/ these younger ladies?  Smh. 

I feel like we are heading to some sort of bubble of self-absorption that is going to burst in the next few years.  Like Facebook, Instagram, etc. are going to crash and never come online and people will have metal breakdowns and riot...

• Love 3
On 3/7/2019 at 1:35 PM, J-R said:

I have been waiting for the right time to talk about this.  Let me first say, I have ALWAYS adored Kelsey.  She is beautiful, funny, seems very sweet etc.  However, I have come to be very disappointed with the path she has chosen.  It started with the breast implants and has been downhill ever since. Her life has become a # / advertisement.  Fake hair, looks like fake lips, fake eyelashes, fake boobs.  I did not care for her dress or her fake breasts popping out the top.  Everything gave the impression of not real.  The best thing about what I saw of her wedding day, Lauren looked STUNNING.

I didn’t realize she had all that plastic surgery.   She was so beautiful.  I guess I need to see some more recent pics. 

6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I feel like we are heading to some sort of bubble of self-absorption that is going to burst in the next few years.  Like Facebook, Instagram, etc. are going to crash and never come online and people will have metal breakdowns and riot...

Or not remember how to talk in person to one another from relying on text and SM.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Or not remember how to talk in person to one another from relying on text and SM.

Like how to like talk to each other like in a proper like tone and use like the right words??  Is like that what you like mean?

• LOL 1
28 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like how to like talk to each other like in a proper like tone and use like the right words??  Is like that what you like mean?

HA!  Not exactly.  More in the vein that no one seems to physically talk to one another anymore.  Kind of like old fashioned letter writing was replaced by email and text.  Sometimes my fingers get tired of tapping away writing a text.  Don't you ever just want to call someone and hear their actual voice?  I do!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

HA!  Not exactly.  More in the vein that no one seems to physically talk to one another anymore.  Kind of like old fashioned letter writing was replaced by email and text.  Sometimes my fingers get tired of tapping away writing a text.  Don't you ever just want to call someone and hear their actual voice?  I do!

People also can’t seem to go on vacation and enjoy something - instead they are always posing and taking photos and posting stuff instead of just actually experiencing the moment.   Last time I was at Disney World I just couldn’t believe people. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

People also can’t seem to go on vacation and enjoy something - instead they are always posing and taking photos and posting stuff instead of just actually experiencing the moment.   Last time I was at Disney World I just couldn’t believe people. 

How about the moms who can't just enjoy being a mom without a phone constantly in their hands?  I've seen video of kids playing happily by themselves and mom comes in with the camera - "what are you doing?  Say hi!  Look at mommy!  Say hi!  Look at me!  Look at me!"

15 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Sponsorships for a wedding???  Like sponsors giving her free stuff for social media mentions and stuff like that?   That’s really really tacky - is that common w/ these younger ladies?  Smh. 

I don’t see it as tacky. She’s being paid to advertise stuff online so why not try to minimize the -ridiculous- costs of a wedding by just posting a picture and mentioning 2-3 companies? I don’t think any bride would say no to any proposal to cut costs really.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Sponsorships for a wedding???  Like sponsors giving her free stuff for social media mentions and stuff like that?   That’s really really tacky - is that common w/ these younger ladies?  

OT: I think Starr Jones did that for her wedding. That marriage didn't last that long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, MyFavShows said:

It's not really that uncommon for people who are influencers/wealthy/celebrities etc.. who make their wedding an "event."

On 3/23/2019 at 12:45 AM, pisces125 said:

So curious what her position in the triangle will be ...

I honestly think she won't move anywhere in the triangle. I just don't think she's point-y (lol)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Okay, I really hope Erin gets Rookie of the Year. She's improved so much since last year, like she's killing it in this video

Yes!!!  I agree:)  I would have liked to have heard what the alumni who judged her during her first year would have said this last year.

• Love 3
On 3/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, pisces125 said:

So curious what her position in the triangle will be ...

I can’t imagine K&J demoting her from the second row.  It will be interesting to see if she evolves her style to make an effort for point.   

23 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I can’t imagine K&J demoting her from the second row.  It will be interesting to see if she evolves her style to make an effort for point.   

But they should. Bridget, Daphne and Jalyn are more than talented enough to take on the triangle. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

But they should. Bridget, Daphne and Jalyn are more than talented enough to take on the triangle. 

It was a strong rookie class IMO but I agree that Jalyn, Bridget and Daphne seem really poised to be the 3 breakouts. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

It was a strong rookie class IMO but I agree that Jalyn, Bridget and Daphne seem really poised to be the 3 breakouts. 

Daphne is a strong dancer but her personality, based on last season and listening to her on 2 podcasts, grates on my nerves.  Bragging all the time about having graduated from UCLA.  Saying that she is from "Orange County".  I live in So Cal and Orange County is NOT a city.  Bridget is from Orange County but she actually says she is from Yorba Linda, a city in Orange County.  Get over yourself Daphne and say what city you are from.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, J-R said:

Daphne is a strong dancer but her personality, based on last season and listening to her on 2 podcasts, grates on my nerves.  Bragging all the time about having graduated from UCLA.  Saying that she is from "Orange County".  I live in So Cal and Orange County is NOT a city.  Bridget is from Orange County but she actually says she is from Yorba Linda, a city in Orange County.  Get over yourself Daphne and say what city you are from.

Maybe she’s from a small town in the OC so saying she’s from OC is easier than having to explain where “blank” city is.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Monique said:

Maybe she’s from a small town in the OC so saying she’s from OC is easier than having to explain where “blank” city is.

Alanna is from Whittier, a small town in LA County.  She says she is from Whittier, not LA County.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, J-R said:

I haven't listened to any of Daphne's podcasts but I don't see anything wrong with saying she's from OC.  I've lived in SoCal since 1974 and this is how many people refer to the area.  Maybe Daphne expresses it that way for folks outside of California who may not know a certain town from a hole in a bag.  Unless of course it's a large city like San Diego.  Just like I don't have a clue where McKinney, TX is.  🤷‍♀️

UCLA is an excellent school.  It's also my own alma mater.  I worked hard to be accepted into that school so I'm proud of it.  I can understand if Daphne is too. 

Not here to knock @J-R.  Just sharing an alternate viewpoint and my two inconsequential cents.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I haven't listened to any of Daphne's podcasts but I don't see anything wrong with saying she's from OC.  I've lived in SoCal since 1974 and this is how many people refer to the area.  Maybe Daphne expresses it that way for folks outside of California who may not know a certain town from a hole in a bag.  Unless of course it's a large city like San Diego.  Just like I don't have a clue where McKinney, TX is.  🤷‍♀️

UCLA is an excellent school.  It's also my own alma mater.  I worked hard to be accepted into that school so I'm proud of it.  I can understand if Daphne is too. 

Not here to knock @J-R.  Just sharing an alternate viewpoint and my two inconsequential cents.

No two cents is inconsequential.  I am home sick today and just passing the time by sharing my 2 cents.  I am sure she is a fine person.  Just grates on my nerves a bit.  As for UCLA...we are a house divided.  My husband and his family are USC all the way.  As for me, I am 100% UCLA.  Thank you for sharing an alternate viewpoint.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

No two cents is inconsequential.  I am home sick today and just passing the time by sharing my 2 cents.  I am sure she is a fine person.  Just grates on my nerves a bit.  As for UCLA...we are a house divided.  My husband and his family are USC all the way.  As for me, I am 100% UCLA.  Thank you for sharing an alternate viewpoint.  

The USC-UCLA rivalry is real!  Thanks for hearing me out and hope you feel better soon. 🙌

• Love 2
3 hours ago, J-R said:

Her personality reminds me of Sydney Durso...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I haven't listened to any of Daphne's podcasts but I don't see anything wrong with saying she's from OC.  I've lived in SoCal since 1974 and this is how many people refer to the area. 

Sounds like Bucks County in PA...a huge area, and many people will say they live there & not mention a specific city.

• Love 1