Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: All the Roads Lead to This

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle said she didn’t think she would ever get a proposal because to be MAFS you skip the dating and the proposal, going directly to the “I do.”

So Ricky Bobby rides in on his white steed and makes the grand gesture to give Danielle the proposal she thought she missed out on.

Ricky Bobby’s  I’m choosing you, will you choose me by accepting this ring resets the dynamic...they choose each other instead of being chosen for each other, to quote Danielle...”a team of people” I am guessing she is including the “experts” but more likely the producers and assistants...

Danielle gets the mushiest gesture in MAFS history and the girl can’t squeeze out a single tear....geez louise....

I thought it was a bit overboard myself...could she possibly have said sorry pal?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Dave's friends realize Dave is being a self righteous dick again; Amber's friends realize she's being hurt & he's not worth it.

Danielle loves being married to her butler.

Yeah well, he’s so appreciative that she travels so far to her very important job, whatever that is.

After he got down on the knee to give her the ring, his Mother probably wanted to smack him.  The sister too.

This Guy is too good.  There must be something wrong with him.  Anything?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Geez, I wish Danielle would have said to her friend on the phone that Bobby is sweet, kind, selfless, giving, attractive, makes her feel secure, etc. 

Instead we get a list of what he does for the queen. Makes my coffee, makes my lunch, cleans the house, takes care of the dogs. I only have to ask him once to do something, and he does it! Because she has a 90 minute commute to work, you know, so she should be catered to like the queen she is. 

We have yet to ever see what she does for him. 

That's because its a family show...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Amber needs to realize she doesn't exist to make Dave happy & be everything he wants her to be ; it's okay for her to say he doesn't make her happy.

She'll probably never meet his "high standards" - no one will.

There are better baby makers out there Amber.

But the clock is ticking.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Amber looked miserable sitting next to Dave. She even said she was happy to be in her own space on their night apart. Amber said she knows Dave is sexually attracted to her because they have sex every day, but that she doesn't know if that translates into him having an emotional connection to her. It doesn't. It CAN, of course, but in their case, it doesn't. None of the decisions were a surprise. Of course Danielle and Bobby would stay married. And I knew Amber would opt to stay married; her friends basically said she was settling, and I'd guess she feels like she doesn't have time to "start over." I didn't think Dave would call it quits either, at least not on TV. I don't think they'll last though.

Reveal hidden contents

People.com already spoiled Tristan and Mia weeks ago.

I thought for sure Dave was going to launch into a preamble and finally give her the stink eye and say I just don't see a loving future for us. At the same time he wasn't all in, he said he wanted more time. They have their work cut out for them. I almost think Amber said yes because she wanted to see how Dave would respond more than she was really 100% sold.

• Love 3

Bobby:  "These have been the best 8 weeks of my life."

Danielle:   (stares)

Then Bobby leaves his home for a hotel. 

He probably left her several meals & cleaned up before he left.

Hahahahahaha hahahaha.   His Mother’s blood pressure rising.  Can you imagine when she gets pregnant?  He’ll make her stay in bed the whole time and wait on her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bobby did tell the tantric lady that doing "it"  with Danielle as his happy place....translation...Danielle is his happy place.

Bobby explained to Tricia that this was the first relationship he was totally himself...that he didn't have to change for Danielle.

The fact that he could feel free to be himself even in front of the cameras and she didn't try to change him was a reason for his devotion to her.

I believe him.

Production assistant: Bobby, why are you taking 4 suitcases to the hotel with you?

You are there just for ONE night.

Bobby: Thought I'd do the laundry all at once since they have a bunch of machines all in a row at the hotel.....

I can do all the dog towels, the car towels, the extra dog bedding, the area rugs, the week's work clothes and the bathroom towels.

I'll be done in 2 hours flat...

Production assistant: Mind doing a load for me?

Bobby: No problem, toss them in the duffel bag.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I am going to freely admit that I cried during Bobby's declaration and proposal to Danielle.  She is a lucky lady.  He is, without a doubt, the best husband to ever grace this show.  After watching this, I am totally in love with him - - and if Danielle ever screws this up, I'm going to slap her.

Mia and Tristan are a couple of idiots.  The "experts" are a trio of idiots for encouraging these two in any way.  

I'm shocked that Dave didn't bail.  He clearly wanted to.  Even when speaking to his friends, he was practically begging them to come up with a good excuse for why Amber wasn't right.  And saying that it's not the same because his wasn't a "real" marriage or something like that?  God, Dave.  You ARE a douche.  

Amber made a comment during decision day about how she felt the same thing would be repeated or keep coming up and the damn experts, instead of asking her to elaborate, said okay, let's make decisions!  They really suck.

I love Bobby.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Worst part is watching those 3 fools toast & congratulate each other.

And fake crying no less.  They’ll probably all divorce in a few weeks.  Danielle wants a real man who does nothing, not a wuss.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, b2H said:

I will never do this again without a DVR.  Never.

That’s exactly what I did.  Fast forwarded Mia & Tristen, the three clowns and the commercials, and parts of Princess Danielle.  Can’t take her smugness and eyebrows.  She just has to get rid of those eyebrows.

• Love 2

Gem10, Your aspersions cast at Bobby aside,  I'm  SURE Danielle "wants a man who" waits for her to get home from her 1 1/2 hour commute to clean up after sick dogs and make dinner;  have sex; and get up early in the morning to make her own breakfast and packed lunch,  HIS breakfast and maybe lunch, and walk the dogs before her (did I mention?) 90-minute commute. 

???

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s exactly what I did.  Fast forwarded Mia & Tristen, the three clowns and the commercials, and parts of Princess Danielle.  Can’t take her smugness and eyebrows.  She just has to get rid of those eyebrows.

You must have gotten through the recording in about 15 minutes.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

You must have gotten through the recording in about 15 minutes.

Yep, and it was a pleasure.  Just to think, another season in January.  They better come up with some decent, stable, interesting people, and get rid of the experts and  Miss no- pants.

• Love 1

I would give anything just to know what Danielle was going to say before Bobby jumped in. I do wonder if maybe he had proposed beforehand and she wasn’t able to recreate the moment very well, but no doubt she’s not what I would call a warm person. 

Bobby’s mom and sister have to be a bit disappointed and his sister was bringing up his history of overgiving in past relationships  I’d love to know what his dad thinks  

Amber needs to just freeze her eggs and take the time to find Mr. Right. It just feels like she’s Dave’s booty-call and a wife in name only. 

Tristan and Mia just need to grow up and gtfoh. 

• Love 1

Someone needs to tell Amber that it’s important to be very careful when picking the person with whom you have children. Being a mommy might be nice, but it’s not so nice to fight over custody, fight over child-support, not be in a relationship with the father, not trust the father, etc. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 8

I had a fantasy that at the final sit-down, Amber would go first and say that she had decided she wanted a man who adored and cherished her and wouldn't settle for less, then the camera cuts to Dave's smug face looking slightly confused, and then she asks for a divorce.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah well, he’s so appreciative that she travels so far to her very important job, whatever that is.

After he got down on the knee to give her the ring, his Mother probably wanted to smack him.  The sister too.

I don't think his mom & sister dislike Danielle. I do think his sister was concerned about his over doing it with giving, giving, giving, because she realizes he will get burned out on it.

They are still in 'honeymoon phase', so I do feel he needs to dial it back several notches, but I don't think he will.

Honestly he seems a bit too, eager, to me. He can't possibly still behave this way in 20 years; surely reality, & fatigue, will set in at some point.

1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I thought it was a bit overboard myself

I wasn't impressed; big eye roll while SMH... I wanted Danielle to get a chance to speak, but he seemed desperate to seal the deal.

Hope it's the real deal for them that will last.

19 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Someone needs to tell Amber that it’s important to be very careful when picking the person with whom you have children. Being a mommy might be nice, but it’s not so nice to fight over custody, fight over child-support, not be in a relationship with the father, not trust the father, etc. 

^ This & more, Amber; go to the sperm bank or ignore the clock & enjoy being child free.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I really like Amber's friend's green dress. It's kind of cracking me up that Amber, Dave, Mia, and Tristan talk about issues "in the past" because the past is like last week.

Good point.

6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Bobby is sooo enamored with Danielle to the point of sickening.  He does everything for her.  Does he cut her meat also?  Good for her.  I hope she appreciates him.  She’s getting spoiled, just because she goes to work?  I hope she at least said she loves him finally.

LOL

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Yep, and it was a pleasure.  Just to think, another season in January.  They better come up with some decent, stable, interesting people, and get rid of the experts and  Miss no- pants.

Wait, is the Philly season in January? If so, I'm excited - I grew up in Philly so it'll be fun to know the city! (If anyone I know ends up on this show, I will die.)

Re: the division of labor in the Bobby/Danielle household, I actually am OK (not that he asked me, heh) with Bobby doing the lion's share just because he's said his commute is much, much shorter than hers (I think he said he can come home at lunch; Danielle's is 90 minutes) and he apparently has much more free time than she does, but I do wonder if Danielle got a job closer to home and Bobby were like, "Cool, so now you have time to make your own lunch," would Danielle be like "Wait, what? That's not what I signed up for." Or if Bobby got the flu, would Danielle be as giving as Bobby is? 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Bobby brought "the process" around full circle...from a social experiment to a love story he and Danielle will tell their grandkids when they asked how Gramps and Granny met...

Does this guy do anything wrong?  He’s all sugar and spice and everything nice.  From what planet does he come?  All the husbands whose wives watch this show are in big doo doo.  But I do have to say, the husband makes my breakfast too, since we retired, and is my chauffeur. Lol.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

II don’t think eight weeks is enough.

Why are people angry, talking about flipping tables?  It’s their lives, not ours.  Besides I’m sure they’ll be divorced in a year.

Because we’ve invested a lot of time in this farce.  Besides, we’re getting rid of furniture we don’t like.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Re: the division of labor in the Bobby/Danielle household, I actually am OK (not that he asked me, heh) with Bobby doing the lion's share just because he's said his commute is much, much shorter than hers (I think he said he can come home at lunch; Danielle's is 90 minutes) and he apparently has much more free time than she does, but I do wonder if Danielle got a job closer to home and Bobby were like, "Cool, so now you have time to make your own lunch," would Danielle be like "Wait, what? That's not what I signed up for." Or if Bobby got the flu, would Danielle be as giving as Bobby is? 

While I know it’s not the same exact thing, I’m not as worried about Danielle reciprocating to Bobby because she shows such caring for her dog and the dogs she fostered.  She is able to put her needs aside and take care of another being.  Granted, we’ve only seen that with dogs so far.  But with the dogs we have seen her demonstrate concern, compassion, warmth, etc. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think that when she relaxes and gets more comfortable (i.e. no cameras around) she’ll be able to be just as demonstrative and caring for Bobby. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Reunion show. And A big announcement. Oh please don’t let Amber be pregnant. And this could be because she stopped dying her hair (they showed her with Jessica Biel brunette hair). 

Good observation Sherlock.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Dog report:

Nellie in bed with Danielle.

Henry and Nellie relieved New Dad and Mom are staying together.

Did anyone else see wedding picture blanket Tristan was using on Decision Day...Tristan with his shit eating grin and Mia hunched in her veil. That had to be a gag gift from the crew following them.

Amber’s greatest hits of her insecurities....how about a greatest hits of Dave’s withering criticisms of Amber?

Paisley to get a sib? Amber threatened to get another cat...That will be the purrfect exit excuse for Dave.....Get outta here Amber..take those flea bags with you!!!!

I choose to believe Bobby surprised the “experts” and Danielle with the proposal...

Dave...you will never be at the “Bobby”  level of committed to Amber

Wait until Amber finds out that Bobby proposed to Danielle again and gave her another diamond ring.....

Really wished that Tristan and Mia would just implode and disappear in puffs of smoke.

I can only stomach their faux declarations of love because I know that they are spoiler alert in real life.

You are out doing yourself tonight.   I’m enjoying this immensely.  The funniest thread yet from everyone.  “Dog Report” .. too funny.

Edited by Gem 10

Bobby's sister is very pretty.  I didn't hear a word of the conversation when she was talking to him.

Edit- OK so I finished the episode...  What the hell did I just watch.  All 3 couples STAYED TOGETHER?!  And now the "experts" think they're good at what they do!  Again.

NO.  Are you kidding me Dave and Amber.  You're both MISERABLE.  Why delay the inevitable.  You're not "in a good place" enough with that BS.

So frustrating why do I keep watching this show.  WHY.  I'm addicted PLEASE HELP ME....is there a cure for this drug...

Edited by Marsh
This show sucks WHY do I watch it
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Wait, is the Philly season in January? If so, I'm excited - I grew up in Philly so it'll be fun to know the city! (If anyone I know ends up on this show, I will die.)

Yes, I read Philly, then South Carolina.  Nice for you.  The first season was N.Y. city and Long Island, and I was excited  also as I saw all familiar places.

2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

LOL - parody video

Where’s her blanket and armpit?

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Gem10, Your aspersions cast at Bobby aside,  I'm  SURE Danielle "wants a man who" waits for her to get home from her 1 1/2 hour commute to clean up after sick dogs and make dinner;  have sex; and get up early in the morning to make her own breakfast and packed lunch,  HIS breakfast and maybe lunch, and walk the dogs before her (did I mention?) 90-minute commute. 

???

Sorry.  I never knew it was a 90 minute commute.  Twenty lashes.

6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

As a person who has been called mean for being honest before, I suppose you are right, but in this case, I think it's called for. For instance, a few seasons ago, Vanessa was insecure that Trey did not actually like her (and they also were having sex). He was nicer than Dave, said all the right things, and they stayed together. By the reunion they were splittsville, and she was heartbroken. I think Dave has saved Amber that much by being totally honest, and I don't think he owes it to her to change his personality or walk on eggshells all the time as he said just to assuage her unending insecurities. Okay, now I am really done. I don't think at this point anyone is going to change their opinions on these people. @Kareem - still waiting for directions to those undies.......

This may surprise you, but I never thought Trey was all that nice.  He was obviously a player, doing and saying all the "right" things for the camera.  I don't think Dave belongs in the same category with him whatsoever.  Dave may be a douche in some ways but he's not as bad as Trey in my opinion.  I tend to look 10 levels deep in these situations, I don't expect you to agree with me, but that's how I see it.

The problem with Dave as I see it, is that he never was able to communicate to Amber that he really feels what he has tried to claim he feels for her, because when nailed to the wall, he just plain doesn't feel it.  I learned a long time ago that when a guy (or any partner) gets angry with you because he can't seem to find a convincing way to communicate that he really likes you (whether verbal or non-verbal or both), it means he doesn't have those feelings, and all that talk he gives you is nothing but total BS.   Then the guy turns it around on you and makes it about your "insecurity" to deflect the blame.  I can't understate the importance of those last two sentences.  I almost want to have it tattooed to my arm, that's how important I think it is.  And that's exactly what I see going on between Amber and Dave.

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

She looks so much better with the lighter brows!

rps20181017_230337.jpg

Yeah, that's because she didn't do her own eyebrows in that shot!

Picture on the left:  Danielle doing her own eyebrows.

Picture on the right:  Show makeup artist doing her eyebrows (she's wearing the dress from decision day).

Old eyebrow wisdom is that brows ideally should be a shade or two lighter than your natural hair if you're a brunette.  If you're a blonde (or light brunette), a few shades darker, but never DARK BROWN!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I promise you, he sounds like a dream, but most women would not prefer him. 

Womens brains are typically not wired to be attracted to men who are so eager and desperate .. watching your man pack you a lunch, take care of your dogs, cook dinner, clean the house on the daily can actually get boring and tiresome. Everybody wants some kind of chase at least here and there. Bobby needs to take a page from Dave's book and be just a little bit aloof sometimes. 

And Danielle, I'm not even going to bother with her. Total ice queen. There is hardly ever any emotion, expression, on her face, nothing at all. It's actually pretty wierd. Whats also wierd is that her zero personality (a side from some smugness) has made someone fall head over heels in love. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

She looks so much better with the lighter brows!

rps20181017_230337.jpg

This gal doesn't look like she will age well. Some shots she looked good in with great skin. In others , she looks like she has got some rough features. The brows and overdone lashes serve to accentuate those rough features. .

Edited by Kdawg82
Speculation
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Otherwise, I thought in a twist, Danielle may be the pregnant one b/c her boobs were huge in the reunion look from next week

55 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Otherwise, I thought in a twist, Danielle may be the pregnant one b/c her boobs were huge in the reunion look from next week

Don’t think she wanted that so soon.

11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

As a person who has been called mean for being honest before, I suppose you are right, but in this case, I think it's called for. For instance, a few seasons ago, Vanessa was insecure that Trey did not actually like her (and they also were having sex). He was nicer than Dave, said all the right things, and they stayed together. By the reunion they were splittsville, and she was heartbroken. I think Dave has saved Amber that much by being totally honest, and I don't think he owes it to her to change his personality or walk on eggshells all the time as he said just to assuage her unending insecurities. Okay, now I am really done. I don't think at this point anyone is going to change their opinions on these people. @Kareem - still waiting for directions to those undies.......

They'll be FedEx'd and delivered by someone singing "You and Me Against the World" while Amber gets her Twitter digs in discussing "Dallas Douches" and that she prefers "tall brunettes" also.   

• Love 1

Bobby may be a Ricky Bobby,  but he is no Casper Milquetoast. I see him more as a Romeo, who wondered when he first saw Juliet,  "Did my heart love till now?" 

Bobby looks East and sees Danielle as the Sun.  

Lily247, Let's say you are 100% correct in your assertions about What Women Want... Or Don't. 

As a member of that gender, I'm just going to suggest that perhaps Bobby's appeal for his wife is directly proportional to his attentiveness and eagerness to please in all realms and rooms. 

If you catch my drift. 

PSA:

There is a separate thread for Spoilers that doesn't require Spoiler Boxes. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, that's because she didn't do her own eyebrows in that shot!

Picture on the left:  Danielle doing her own eyebrows.

Picture on the right:  Show makeup artist doing her eyebrows (she's wearing the dress from decision day).

Old eyebrow wisdom is that brows ideally should be a shade or two lighter than your natural hair if you're a brunette.  If you're a blonde (or light brunette), a few shades darker, but never DARK BROWN!

I noticed this week that it's not just the shade/weight of her brows that were so unflattering, it was also that she drew them too close together and it made her eyes look too close-set.  In the photo from decision day, not only are the a more appropriate color and weight, but they're a little wider spaced and so much more flattering.

• Love 4

I wonder if Bobby would have acted the same way with anyone he was matched with. He seems like such a good guy I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop because why the hell did he need to be on this show? Especially because (in my opinion).. hes so cute. He looks and sounds like Leo Dicaprio in his prime. Danielle is blah but I think she said I love you to Bobby a long time before we saw. For whatever reason, the show thought her not saying it would add dramatic effect. But NO ONE had any doubt they'd stay together.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I wonder if Bobby would have acted the same way with anyone he was matched with. He seems like such a good guy I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop because why the hell did he need to be on this show? Especially because (in my opinion).. hes so cute. He looks and sounds like Leo Dicaprio in his prime. Danielle is blah but I think she said I love you to Bobby a long time before we saw. For whatever reason, the show thought her not saying it would add dramatic effect. But NO ONE had any doubt they'd stay together.

I'd be curious to see how he would have behaved if he'd been matched with Amber. I think he would have done the same things for her to help her out with her commute (at least initially). Amber would have found something to bitch about because she's a whiner.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Northerner said:

The show was filmed last March to mid May....    so before the summer heat. 

If people in Dallas are anything like Houstonians, if the A/C is on (and it will be from March to May), it will be blasting. That said, it's wholly possible that Tristan and Mia had simply recently seen Danielle and were still feeling the ice. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

While I know it’s not the same exact thing, I’m not as worried about Danielle reciprocating to Bobby because she shows such caring for her dog and the dogs she fostered.  She is able to put her needs aside and take care of another being.  Granted, we’ve only seen that with dogs so far.  But with the dogs we have seen her demonstrate concern, compassion, warmth, etc. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think that when she relaxes and gets more comfortable (i.e. no cameras around) she’ll be able to be just as demonstrative and caring for Bobby. 

Eh, there are a lot of people who are "animal people" who don't relate to humans at all.  Just because she's all into her foster pets doesn't necessarily translate into her being a good partner with another person.

• Love 4