Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: All the Roads Lead to This

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I cannot believe they are bragging about six successful marriages. If this was season 3, maybe, but this is season 7, so you can STFU MAFS - you’re doing more to contribute to the staggering divorce rate in this country, not marriage....

Who are the six successful marriages?

Jamie/Doug, Courtney/Jason, Shawniece/Jep, Ashley/Anthony and if they are included these three (really reaching), that is seven, not six!

Did I miss something?

• Love 1
(edited)

Danielle said she didn’t think she would ever get a proposal because to be MAFS you skip the dating and the proposal, going directly to the “I do.”

So Ricky Bobby rides in on his white steed and makes the grand gesture to give Danielle the proposal she thought she missed out on.

Ricky Bobby’s  I’m choosing you, will you choose me by accepting this ring resets the dynamic...they choose each other instead of being chosen for each other, to quote Danielle...”by a team of people” I am guessing she is including the “experts” but more likely the producers and assistants...

Danielle gets the mushiest gesture in MAFS history and the girl can’t squeeze out a single tear....geez louise....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 13
(edited)

Ricky Bobby is a term of endearment bestowed upon Bobby by Tristan when the grooms had their outing at the driving range.

To be "Ricky Bobby" is to be totally besotted...gobsmacked in love and infatuation with your heart's desire.

Ricky Bobby always answers...TEN!...to the following question...On the scale of 1 to 10?....

Ricky Bobby is a movie character portrayed by Will Ferrell in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby...a cinematic classic.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle said she didn’t think she would ever get a proposal because to be MAFS you skip the dating and the proposal, going directly to the “I do.”

So Ricky Bobby rides in on his white steed and makes the grand gesture to give Danielle the proposal she thought she missed out on.

Ricky Bobby’s  I’m choosing you, will you choose me by accepting this ring resets the dynamic...they choose each other instead of being chosen for each other, to quote Danielle...”a team of people” I am guessing she is including the “experts” but more likely the producers and assistants...

Danielle gets the mushiest gesture in MAFS history and the girl can’t squeeze out a single tear....geez louise....

He changed the game.  

• Love 7

I think Amber will dump Dave after, if she hasn't already. I think she would have done it on the show, if she hadn't known that it would get turned around on her, the way the show does to any woman who knows she was matched with a dud. Without the cameras and the producers around poking at her constantly, Dave's attitude and immaturity are going to get old fast. Dave doesn't want to be married to anyone, it is not even about Amber. He only got married because he was being phased out by his group of bros as the others got married. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 5

Tricia states the obvious...her brother has a history of over and above servitude to his past gfs.

Even with that... those girls ran out of lovey dovey for him.

For Bobby, it is never what do you do for him, he takes care of his own needs... it is what more can he do for you...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The official count of 6 couples comes from what will be revealed in next week’s Reunion Show...a spoiler that shocked absolutely no one on the planet Earth...so you’ll have to wait 6 more days to act surprised.

I thought it was because they had not aired Dave and Amber’s decision yet. And they are getting a little ahead of themselves, it remains to be seen if Dave and Amber stick...

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Who are the six successful marriages?

Jamie/Doug, Courtney/Jason, Shawniece/Jep, Ashley/Anthony and if they are included these three (really reaching), that is seven, not six!

Did I miss something?

OMG, not Dave & Amber!! 

And there's no way Tristan and Mia could even last another week, much less long enough to film the Island show... so definitely not them. Besides, that would make everyone who watches the show really pissed!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The official count of 6 couples comes from what will be revealed in next week’s Reunion Show...a spoiler that shocked absolutely no one on the planet Earth...so you’ll have to wait 6 more days to act surprised.

Oh, ok.

So one of these three champagne popping couples from last night is no longer together?

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Where is all the Dave love now? 

Living on the West Coast - He still doesn’t bother me. ? Whoever said on last weeks forum that there aren’t anti-Dave people, just “want something better for Amber” people, was wrong. I see A LOT  of vitriol directed his way. Obviously his comment about Bobby and Danielle was a joke - he clearly likes them and likes joking with “Ricky Bobby”. Dave and Amber both said basically the same thing -he is cerebral and she is emotional. Despite thinking Dave is ok, I still think they are a disaster together.

I think it’s funny how he is getting slammed for being cold. I think the coldest person this season is Danielle. Much like Amber, I think all the anti-Dave contingency here focuses on the negative- he has said and done a lot of nice things for Amber; meanwhile, Bobby takes care of Danielle and pours out his heart to her and she just looks at him with a glazed over grin and thanks him for the coffee. The only reason she did not get raked over the coals all season was because her partner was ok with her. If Amber had been a different person, I don’t think everyone would be hating on Dave so hard. 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh, ok.

So one of these three champagne popping couples from last night is no longer together?

That's not been announced yet, to my knowledge, but considering how bad they've been fighting, it sure seems like a good guess.

41 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

He [Dave] still doesn’t bother me. ? Whoever said on last weeks forum that there aren’t anti-Dave people, just “want something better for Amber” people, was wrong. I see A LOT  of vitriol directed his way. Obviously his comment about Bobby and Danielle was a joke - he clearly likes them and likes joking with “Ricky Bobby”. Dave and Amber both said basically the same thing -he is cerebral and she is emotional. Despite thinking Dave is ok, I still think they are a disaster together.

I think it’s funny how he is getting slammed for being cold. I think the coldest person this season is Danielle. Much like Amber, I think all the anti-Dave contingency here focuses on the negative- he has said and done a lot of nice things for Amber; meanwhile, Bobby takes care of Danielle and pours out his heart to her and she just looks at him with a glazed over grin and thanks him for the coffee. The only reason she did not get raked over the coals all season was because her partner was ok with her. If Amber had been a different person, I don’t think everyone would be hating on Dave so hard. 

Not sure who might have said that there are no "anti-Dave people". 

I did say there was a "Team Dave," but not really a "Team Amber" --I believe I referred to it as instead being "Team That Wants Something Better for Amber". (Meaning, of course, better for Amber than staying married to Dave --which is a toxic match.)

I said it that way because, while a lot of people seemed to like Dave just fine the way he is, almost everyone had issues with Amber's stressful, repeated meltdowns. Some of us were understanding/sympathetic/compassionate toward what Amber was going through, while others seemed to be strongly "anti-Amber" and putting pretty much all the blame for that couple's problems squarely on her shoulders.

Doesn't matter now, of course. It will be interesting to see who's still married (and who's not) for the Reunion show.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
clarification
  • Love 1

I'm off so I'm watching the episode now. Thank God for DVR because I can already tell I'm going to wear out my fast-forward button. There is ZERO reason for this shit to be over two hours long. Last night I popped a couple of times over as it was recording to see if anything had happened, and I think an hour and 15 minutes in I was like "They STILL haven't decided yet?!" 

I'm 27 minutes in and I already want to ban "ups and downs" and "tough times."

I really like Amber's friend's green dress. It's kind of cracking me up that Amber, Dave, Mia, and Tristan talk about issues "in the past" because the past is like last week.

Bobby's sister is very pretty.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8

I’m cutting Danielle some slack because I think she is more about actions than words when it comes to communicating feelings. Bobby wants her to wear baseball hats so she does. Bobby wants to go fishing so she does.  I think 90% of women presented with a free vacay would not have gone for the outdoorsy trip Bobby wanted to do.  Not that there is anything wrong with it, but most would go for the luxury option given the chance and do the less expensive outdoorsy thing on their own dime.  

Are Shawniece/Jep still a couple?  I thought I read here that they are friendly and are going to coparent, but not living together anymore.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Living on the West Coast - He still doesn’t bother me. ? Whoever said on last weeks forum that there aren’t anti-Dave people, just “want something better for Amber” people, was wrong. I see A LOT  of vitriol directed his way. Obviously his comment about Bobby and Danielle was a joke - he clearly likes them and likes joking with “Ricky Bobby”. Dave and Amber both said basically the same thing -he is cerebral and she is emotional. Despite thinking Dave is ok, I still think they are a disaster together.

Danielle may be on the cold side, but she never played mind games with Bobby by acting aloof and giving him mediocre ratings, or criticized him/found him wanting the way Dave has done with Amber.  Nor did she chide Bobby negatively for putting "too much pressure on her" with all of his OTT romantic expressions/favors/etc.  In fact, Danielle even wrote a letter to Bobby telling him how much she appreciated all he did for her and how lucky she was to have met him.  She may not be expressive, but it was more than obvious to me that she returned Bobby's feelings.  Not so much with Dave returning Amber's.  And that is what in my opinion makes all the difference between Dave and Danielle.  Danielle just has a problem being expressive, but her heart's in the right place.  Dave, on the other hand, who knows?  He certainly hasn't convinced too many people (least of all Amber) that he's all in on his relationship with her.

• Love 12

Amber looked miserable sitting next to Dave. She even said she was happy to be in her own space on their night apart. Amber said she knows Dave is sexually attracted to her because they have sex every day, but that she doesn't know if that translates into him having an emotional connection to her. It doesn't. It CAN, of course, but in their case, it doesn't. None of the decisions were a surprise. Of course Danielle and Bobby would stay married. And I knew Amber would opt to stay married; her friends basically said she was settling, and I'd guess she feels like she doesn't have time to "start over." I didn't think Dave would call it quits either, at least not on TV. I don't think they'll last though.

Spoiler

People.com already spoiled Tristan and Mia weeks ago.

• Love 5

Danielle irritates me, but I tend toward her nature so I have to hold back & cut slack there. Maybe it's just the weird eyes; not sure what Bobby sees in her eyes except more debt.

Bobby's gesture was lovely but I thought he should have allowed her to answer. The first thing that crossed my mind when he cut in & got down on his knee was he was making sure she didn't bail on him, at least not then & there.  She would've said yes anyway; who would do all the chores? (half kidding)  He could've 'chose her' & proposed when it was his turn.

I don't believe Bobby took MAFS to another level - I just think we'll see fakers (not saying Bobby is a faker, saying others following suit may very well be while it'll be all show).

Dave looked like he was going to cry when Amber said she wanted to stay married. And he looked miserable when they went home to Paisley, of all fur kids; he obviously still can't stand her. It was the first genuine bit of emotion he's probably truly shown except for lust, which thankfully we didn't have to actually see as it was bad enough hearing about it constantly.

Loved when Amber threatened him with another cat - or a baby. He wants neither, especially not with her.

I say they're done now but it happened after the reunion.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Still with you, Ilovepie. 

Team possibly ok people but don't belong together, as Ilovepie said. As a couple, it seems that they have had a tough time of it as they bring out the absolute worst in each other.  

I think she has a whole lot more issues than he does, and that she should not have been boinking him twice a day if she had 8 million reservations about him, whether from her past, her present or the voices in her head. Even with The Clock, she wasted only 8 weeks. She blew her chance to take that show elsewhere.   

Still don't think Bobby is needy.  Seems happy making her happy.  Let's take him out back and shoot him! I hope Danielle becomes less icy over time.    

I had a hard time defending the women this season because they were way too squirrelly for me, with Danielle being less so. I would rather spend time with the three guys, if given the choice. 

Putting on my asbestos undies.  

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

she never played mind games with Bobby

See, this is where we differ, I don't think Dave played games with her, other than the mini moon when he reached his limit of frustration. Where you see games, I see honesty. We obviously just see this through a different lens. I think I'm done defending Dave. I don't think these two are going to make it (nor should they), so regardless of whose fault it is, they are doomed in the long run......

Just now, Kareem said:

Still with you, Ilovepie. 

Team possibly ok people but don't belong together, as Ilovepie said. As a couple, it seems that they have had a tough time of it as they bring out the absolute worst in each other.  

I think she has a whole lot more issues than he does, and that she should not have been boinking him twice a day if she had 8 million reservations about him, whether from her past, her present or the voices in her head. Even with The Clock, she wasted only 8 weeks. She blew her chance to take that show elsewhere.   

Still don't think Bobby is needy.  Seems happy making her happy.  Let's take him out back and shoot him! I hope Danielle becomes less icy over time.    

I had a hard time defending the women this season because they were way too squirrelly for me, with Danielle being less so. I would rather spend time with the three guys, if given the choice. 

Putting on my asbestos undies.  

Thanks for the laugh! Can you point me in the right direction on where I can purchase a pair of those undies?!?  ;-p

• Love 4

You went to dental improvements... my mind went to pie....olaliberry, apple, pecan

"Roller coaster" needs to join "ups and downs" as banned phrases...one of Dave's bros said it, Tristan , Mia, Dave, Amber...enough...

Viewed Tristan's and Mia's relationship more like a series of head on collisions and they are Crash Test Dummies...prop Mia's head back up out of her chest, repositioning it on her neckless shoulders.

Tristan's head exploding off as he stomps out of the room during another spat. Wipe the tears off the detached head and fix it back onto Tristan for his next tantrum...

Unfortunately, Ricky Bobby's gesture will spin out of control like ridiculous high school promposals....

Hoping the couples are having viewing parties...

Bobby/Danielle with the dogs...

Amber with her bffs and wine on the tap...

Dave with the bros who wished they could be at home with their wives and kids....it is a school night...

Tristan with Mother Thompson in Houston.

Mia with her life coach for comfort and her attorney closely looking for grounds to sue the show...

• Love 6

There has to be some sort of financial incentive given for them to stay together. I can't believe Mia & Tristan ended up staying together- I thought Amber would say yes and Dave would say no, because its obvious that Dave is not into Amber, well except for the sex.... when Amber said she wanted to stay married, his face was emotionless.

I'm glad Danielle finally opened up to Bobby. I have to admit I teared up during that proposal.

I suspect the only couple that is still together at the reunion will be Bobby & Danielle.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

"Taking down the power couple."  - Dave stayed married to be competitive - he's a pathetic, insecure man.

13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think many of these people stay married because the sad truth is, there’s nothing out there.  Might as well stay with this person I know.

11 hours ago, princelina said:

Ending with the big one with them on it!  WTF was that?

Of course I do!  (Except, of course, for Neil's sweet dumping of Sam :)  I also think that's why Danielle couldn't tell Bobby her feelings (on camera) until Decision Day!  His proposal and her response were sweet, but he proposed on his knee and was sitting next to her when she answered and confessed her love, so none of that was filmed happening organically.

I also think that if they have a liking at all for the person, they want to know what it will be like without cameras and producer questions in their face constantly.  For example - if Dave is telling the truth that he sees good in Amber, maybe he thinks she will be more positive without some cameraman asking her pointed questions about her feelings every few minutes.  The "experts" love the whole Stay Married . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Or Get A DIVORCE!!! as if their "decision day" is the one and only time they can make that decision - but I would say for most people it's not realistic, and unless you can't stand your spouse, why not try it out without the cameras?  You can actually Get A DIVORCE!!! any time you please.

I had a cousin who was watching the show with me. She rated Bobby a 4 on a 10 scale and Dave about an 8 for looks ( I told her not to even bother with Tristan since I no longer give that relationship any respect). Even after rating Dave that high she said she could never be married to someone like him. She thought he certainly enjoyed being in the power position in the relationship and his 49/50 waiver was probably more to milk more money out of the producers than caring about Amber. She said she assumed that the couples and the experts probably get a big bonus if they stay together.  All that joy you see is the ching ching of the cash register. She thought Bobby was really sweet but was trying a little too hard. 

It is sometimes interesting to get a fresh perspective on this stupid show.

• Love 4

I think the editors are so fed up with this season they're not trying too hard. I could have sworn in at least one other episode this season, and two or three times last night, the city skyline establishing shot they used was Houston's. I live just two miles from downtown Houston, so I'm pretty sure this is what I saw. No one was in Houston this episode, so...why? Did editors screw up and use footage they originally shot for Mia and Tristan's trip here, or did they just not care? Any one else notice this, or am I nuts?

Oh, so the thing with the blankets? Summer in Texas is freaking hot. In Houston, the a/c units work overtime and yep...I've been known to curl up on the couch, in June, under a blanket. I can imagine they do the same in Dallas.

All that said, I'm pretty sure this season must have included some kind of additional incentive to stay together, because at least two couples should have split on decision day. Ricky Bobby and Danielle will make it as long as he's OK with doing all the things for her. He seems to be offering to do so, so maybe he is OK with it. She certainly doesn't seem to mind being waited on hand and foot. The question is whether she loves Bobby, or she loves (what) Bobby (does for her)?

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 5
(edited)

You could be right about the shoddy editing and mixing skyline shots of Dallas, Houston, Ft. Worth, Austin and San Antonio...all those places look the same to those Hollywood types...

Tristan and Dave spoke a little about becoming an instant family with the production crew who they bond closely to, making it a team effort to make the best show with their new best friends and companions sitting on their couch and squished in the corner of the bedrooms trying to get a shot without being in the frame...

If you have looked at production crew pictures from past seasons you see the same people assigned in crews to film the latest cast.

There is probably some monetary gain but it becomes less about the money and more about getting their story across on film....Trista's and Mia's story careened out of control and ran into a ditch....

Edited by humbleopinion
16 minutes ago, Captain Asshat said:

I think the editors are so fed up with this season they're not trying too hard. I could have sworn in at least one other episode this season, and two or three times last night, the city skyline establishing shot they used was Houston's. I live just two miles from downtown Houston, so I'm pretty sure this is what I saw. No one was in Houston this episode, so...why? Did editors screw up and use footage they originally shot for Mia and Tristan's trip here, or did they just not care? Any one else notice this, or am I nuts?

Oh, so the thing with the blankets? Summer in Texas is freaking hot. In Houston, the a/c units work overtime and yep...I've been known to curl up on the couch, in June, under a blanket. I can imagine they do the same in Dallas.

All that said, I'm pretty sure this season must have included some kind of additional incentive to stay together, because at least two couples should have split on decision day. Ricky Bobby and Danielle will make it as long as he's OK with doing all the things for her. He seems to be offering to do so, so maybe he is OK with it. She certainly doesn't seem to mind being waited on hand and foot. The question is whether she loves Bobby, or she loves (what) Bobby (does for her)?

I think she likes Bobby well enough. I do not find it strange that she is not in love with him after only 8 weeks. I think the love will grow but he has made it hard for her to say no. As Neurochic pointed out, in today's world it is not easy to find someone and she must have been having some issues because why the heck would someone so seemingly normal want to go on this show? I also feel like as a female that our ageist society makes dating very hard for women after 30.  I think that in the modern world most women are spending their 20's, just like men, establishing themselves in their career and/or getting education/training. However, a man in his thirties does not have the biological and societal issues that are faced by single women of around the same age. Bobby is crazy about her, so why not give it a shot? I do think she might have some issues with his mother and sister, who do not seem to be so thrilled with her. Also, why the heck was his mother and sister going on about her being a stay at home mom when she is the larger bread earner in the couple and is more established in her career than Bobby? Why should the more established person be the one to stay home just because they happen to be female?

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Captain Asshat said:

The show was filmed last March to mid May....    so before the summer heat. 

2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Well, Dave has SAID that he has done a lot of nice things for Amber like calling her at work and sending her flowers but we the viewers have not seen any of it so we will just have to take his word for it, I guess.  Yes, Dave is cerebral and Amber is emotional and neither are necessarily bad things but I take issue with the way Dave interacts with Amber.  She rightly intuits that she is less than and just not good enough for Dave. I'm not so great at articulating what I mean, but Dave just seems to be hyper critical of all that Amber does and IS.  Of course at home he may be the sweetest person but I am just judging by what we are shown on the show.

As far as Danielle...I've been blasting her all season. I think she is another frosty one.  Whoever said upthread that Danielle's conversation with her friend was all about what Bobby DOES for HER...making her coffee, lunch, dinner, taking care of the doggies, etc., was right on!  She never once mentioned the good qualities he has that makes him a good match for her.  Danielle is a taker and Bobby is a giver.  If Bobby is okay with that and loves her, then good for him, but I still do not like her. I did like, however, that she is very measured in her speaking when around the others.  I like that she kept her relationship with Bobby private and didn't spill any tea. I still wonder what kind of upbringing she had b/c geez Louise, the guy is pouring his heart out to you and not even a teardrop. No emotion whatsoever. Even her big ILY reveal was anti-climactic, imo.  As always, YMMV. 

• Love 6

Bobby's mom would be tickled to watch her grandbaby a few days a week so she could be mistaken for the mother.....

Danielle can probably arrange her work schedule to have a workday from home.

Bobette/Trey(Bobby III)  can go to baby daycare at the family church the other days.

Patchwork daycare is the norm when the SAHM  is not financially feasible.

• Love 1

I forgot to watch last night, can you believe?  That’s how much I was invested in this show.  My friend told me this morning, so I’m watching on demand now.  I think they are all full of shit, except Danielle and Bobby.  I think the other two couples were paid extra by production to save face and the show.   I haven’t been watching fully, as I just couldn’t watch Mia and Tristen anymore.  What guy would want to stay with a crook?  I wouldn’t trust her.  

Amber and Dave .. Amber is exhausting.  She constantly needs reassurance.  No confidence.  After awhile, she becomes a chore.  I can’t see her with a baby.  Dave talks a good game, but I don’t know any man who talks about “feelings” to the extent.  Dave just talks, talks, talks.  Do all men these days talk like that?  My husband of many years runs away when I want to talk about feelings.  He hates to be confronted about anything.  Maybe guys are different these days.

Bobby is sooo enamored with Danielle to the point of sickening.  He does everything for her.  Does he cut her meat also?  Good for her.  I hope she appreciates him.  She’s getting spoiled, just because she goes to work?  I hope she at least said she loves him finally.

Two hours of dragging it out.  Now I can read all the comments.  If this show comes back, hopefully they get new experts.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Well, Dave has SAID that he has done a lot of nice things for Amber like calling her at work and sending her flowers but we the viewers have not seen any of it so we will just have to take his word for it, I guess. 

Or not. That I know of, Dave gave Amber flowers exactly once, and that was part of his "romantic gesture" assignment, when he rented that fancy "Princess Carriage" for them to ride in.

As for "calling her at work" --I've always tried to avoid calling Hubby during work hours because he's, well, working --and bosses do tend to frown on such things. I can understand why Amber might not be enthusiastically appreciative about frequent calls to her at work!

...Besides, I doubt very much that Dave was calling Amber to say, "I love you, Amber, and I'm missing you. See you tonight." (That would be 'romantic'.)

15 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes, Dave is cerebral and Amber is emotional and neither are necessarily bad things but I take issue with the way Dave interacts with Amber.  She rightly intuits that she is less than and just not good enough for Dave. I'm not so great at articulating what I mean, but Dave just seems to be hyper critical of all that Amber does and IS.  Of course at home he may be the sweetest person but I am just judging by what we are shown on the show.

I think he might be "the sweetest person" in bed --but that's about it.

• Love 2

Thought it was fitting that Danielle show Henry the ring when they returned home from the Decision Day House...but Bobby probably already showed it to Henry to get his approval on the cut and size of rock before Decision Day.

Dave : Hey Amber...

Amber: So romantic of you to call me during my work day...

Dave: No, I just wanted to tell...

Amber: ...that you are thinking of me...did you like the Venus Butterfly?...

Dave: Um...Paisley ripped up the last roll of TP...please buy some on the way home....

Dave: Gotta go...don't want to miss my tee time....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

princelina, Bobby's proposal looked "organic" enough to me! He planned for the moment,  knowing where,  when, and in what manner he and Danielle would be seated. All he then needed to do was await his opportunity!

I agree that the proposal was well done - it was the editing following that that sucked :). Danielle MUST hem and haw and um and aw so that they can carry the "suspense" to the commercial, but after that they made it look like she answered right away, which meant he should have still been on his knee awaiting and then receiving her response, not getting comfy back on the sofa.  If in real life she said "Yes" right away - how would that lead us into a commercial break?

• Love 3

Totally wished the editors would just let us see Bobby's proposal to Danielle...the unedited footage so we can be a witness to something authentic instead of getting manipulated to fit yet another blitz of Lifetime shows commercials...

• Love 9
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

How did JamieO let another person host the Finale? 

That's Samantha Harris formerly of Dancing With the Stars (till Tom Bergeron got her kicked off).  I always liked her.

Wasn't Tristan clutching a blanket when he was talking to his Mom?  He basically lives in two spots...the couch and the bed.  The guy is a walking advertisement for Serta.   

Dave should have told Amber....'you go first and end it, and I'll be the dumpee so you don't look bad'.  Instead, she pulled a fast one and he was forced to pretend he wanted to stay together.  I know this didn't actually happen, but in my mind I could see it.  I will be interested to learn how long they stayed together.  I can't think it would even have been a month.  The way Amber sashayed in on the previews like 'Don't F*ck With Me, Dude' tells me Miss Amber got a eye-opener when she watched the show and saw how badly she came off.  She's blaming Dave for everything. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wish Lifetime would do The People's Couch version of MAFS episodes.

Have JamieO host cast members watch themselves in the 30 minute condensed episode from the previous week...in free flowing conversation...

Tristan, Bobby, Dave and Danielle would be good at it.

Amber would be fixated only on herself so bad at being observant, Mia too afraid to offend the other cast she would just cocoon and hide in her stretchy blue dress/hammock outfit

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

No one? No one will take this opportunity ? You're going to make me be mean? Fine- I'll say it... Danielle finally took off the eyebrows for the decision day...and tacked them onto her ear lobes . 

I got nothin else . 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

See, this is where we differ, I don't think Dave played games with her, other than the mini moon when he reached his limit of frustration. Where you see games, I see honesty. We obviously just see this through a different lens. I think I'm done defending Dave. I don't think these two are going to make it (nor should they), so regardless of whose fault it is, they are doomed in the long run......

Ah, but honesty is often used as a cover for putting a person down or in their place.  I agree with @qtpye 's cousin that Dave enjoyed being in the power position in the relationship, so whether consciously or not, he was using some of that "honesty" to keep control over Amber.    Obviously he was NOT going to let his walls down to let her have any power over HIM, oh no, no, no......So that is what I am talking about when I say "mind games".

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Ah, but honesty is often used as a cover for putting a person down or in their place.

As a person who has been called mean for being honest before, I suppose you are right, but in this case, I think it's called for. For instance, a few seasons ago, Vanessa was insecure that Trey did not actually like her (and they also were having sex). He was nicer than Dave, said all the right things, and they stayed together. By the reunion they were splittsville, and she was heartbroken. I think Dave has saved Amber that much by being totally honest, and I don't think he owes it to her to change his personality or walk on eggshells all the time as he said just to assuage her unending insecurities. Okay, now I am really done. I don't think at this point anyone is going to change their opinions on these people. @Kareem - still waiting for directions to those undies.......

• Love 4

Dave will use religion as his exit out of the marriage.

If Amber was not religious or neutral about religion then they could work through the issue.

What concerns Dave is her vehement rejection of established religions, one of which he believes in.

They are on polar opposite sides on the religion issue.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Dave just doesn't want to be married to Amber anymore - geesh just be fucking honest Dave you are not "all in" anymore. You want that "out" they'll be giving you.

The 

21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

All the Tristan & Mia recaps for one thing... can't stand them anymore.

Danielle comes across like she’s “all that”, a big prize, but she isn’t.   (I was answering about Bobby & Danielle).