Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/15/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 15
The Political View with Senator Ben Sasse (“Them: Why We Hate Each Other — and How to Heal”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 16
The Political View with Charlotte Pence, author and daughter of the vice president (“Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father”); former White House photographer Pete Souza (“Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents”) 

Wednesday, Oct. 17 
Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson (ABC’s “The Conners”)

Thursday, Oct. 18 
Jill Soloway (“She Wants It: Desire, Power, and Toppling the Patriarchy”)

Friday, Oct. 19
 Day of Hot Topics

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Monday, Oct. 15
The Political View with Senator Ben Sasse (“Them: Why We Hate Each Other — and How to Heal”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 16
The Political View with Charlotte Pence, author and daughter of the vice president (“Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father”); former White House photographer Pete Souza (“Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents”) 

They're welcoming Joy back with Republican Week?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The Political View with Charlotte Pence, author and daughter of the vice president (“Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father”);

I'd rather hear more about the bunny.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Turning this off.  This bitch (MM) is really on her soapbox today and I can't stand it. 

When she interrupted Joy's opening statements about being back after having been on vacation with her "I missed you, Bitch,"  (ugh) and Joy said something like 'okay, I won't leave again, I won't ever die or get sick' I thought for sure that MM was going to go there and bring up her Dad.  I was cringing just waiting for it.  Thankfully she did not. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Abby thinks Trump loves women too much????  Umm, what the hell?

Just stupid.

And how many times are we going to talk about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky?! Holy fuck! 

And oh please Meghan, Hillary is not the face of the democratic party. Joy is right, she still has fans. Jesus, my head is gonna explode.

• Love 22
27 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan- if my father cheated with my mother while married to another woman, I wouldn't be so self righteous when it comes to the Clintons.  Shut up.

Did she say that?  Blinders are on. 

A whole 36 minutes before we get the required paean to dad.  Progress, I guess. 

I had to rewind. At the end of the Sasse interview Joy called him Sassy. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

Being 1/32 Native American means nothing....I don't get why this is a thing. It reminds me of this one Instagramer who says she's part black when she is like 2% via DNA testing and now she thinks it's okay to say the n word.

The Senator reminds me of the reason why people dislike politicians so much. They may say that they're against something and speak out about things, but when push comes to shove they'll vote in line with their party's interests. And when you really listen to them, you realize that they don't do much. (I don't want to quote Abby and Meghan, but this is something you'll find on both sides) 

5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

He loves ONLY women he wants to have sex with.  The rest of them he insults or ignores.  Case in point Ivana he loves and Tiffany he barely remembers.

u4M4yK.gif

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The thing that kills me is McCain said today Democrats need to explain it better, uses token example of celebrities riding in jet planes (who don't represent the party anyway), then ends the segment "AND THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE LEFT!!!!!!!" As if the onus to deal with climate change is ONLY on the Left, as if the consequences of ignoring it are only going to affect Democrats. She is so ridiculously pathetic.

Sounds like she is saying her tribe won't do it so it's up the Democrats to do it.  

• Love 7

"hey hey! ho ho! greta monahan's gotta go!"  how many of the items she shills can she possibly "use all the time"? On the other hand, I thought that the little capsule on the "wish beads" bracelet would make a perfect cocaine stash...

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM proudly saying, "I like politics because there are winners and losers", just didn't sit right with me.   Because in the scenario she was speaking of,  half of the American people are the losers, and that's not something to be proud of.  

8 minutes ago, General Days said:

I felt the panel let us down on that one. Someone should have said, "Meghan, why don't you care that he's making it about winners and losers to the extent that he's mocking and lying about a survivor of sexual assault?"

I mean, she can't even talk about Game Change (which was not a hit-piece on McCain) on The View without making a hateful face. I'm pretty sure if anyone on the show had the ovaries to ask about the smears involving her sister's parentage (control + F search for "illegitimate") that were employed against her dad and on behalf of W in the 2000 Republican Primary, she'd stroke out on TV, so she doesn't really mean the winners-and-losers shit, except for when she's the winner, or she doesn't care about the losers. 

Everyday citizens are the real losers here.  Does it really matter which party is winning when very little is done to help anyone except political donors and corporations?  Meghan might think politics is a game but for the rest of us there are very serious consequences to the politics of today.

Actually it's more than half.  If you count all people who didn't vote or are too young to vote the winners are a small percentage.  I think it's somewhere around 35%.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17
On October 15, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Bronzedog said:

Meghan- if my father cheated with my mother while married to another woman, I wouldn't be so self righteous when it comes to the Clintons.  Shut up.

Did she say this during Clintons discussion because I watched it 3 times trying to catch that.

i totaly read your post wrong sorry, lack of sleep . I thought you meant she said if my father cheated 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Tosia said:

John McCain  lost the presidential election to Obama; so her dads a loser, too? 

Think before you talk, MM!   

Surely she hasn't forgotten that Donald Trump used "loser" with reference to her father!

• Love 18

Joy seemed liked her old self, the first time so far this season IMO. Liked today’s show.

I kept waiting for Sunny to counterpoint some of MMs arguments, and it looked like she was getting ready but ultimately didn’t.

Also MM really has a high opinion of herself...she can run campaigns and next she can fix the left. 

Meanwhile Abby is just...not really working? Can’t put my finger on it. I like her and think she tries to be as neutral as can be, but I feel like I don’t know her.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When they all sat down at the table at the beginning of the show, Joy hadn't so much as said "Welcome to The View" before McCain was already trying to interrupt her. What a narcissist.

...and so many more UNFLATTERING terms!

23 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Can’t put my finger on it. I like her and think she tries to be as neutral as can be, but I feel like I don’t know her.

I feel like all of the kids in Abby's junior high class...when she ran for office.  Just can't give her my vote.

Edited by Former Nun
clarified which "her"
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

My 90-year-old mother said today that they should change the name of the show to "Let's Listen to Meghan Talk".

Ha!  That's awesome. Go, Mom!

9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM called Joy "bitch" twice. I am no prude, but it didn't sit well.

Was she trying to be cool?  Being Gangsta with her bad self?  Because it was a big, ol' giant FAIL.  Wrong place.  Wrong person.  Know your audience.  You're at work.  Not at 2-for-1 Shot Night with your Bitches. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

MM proudly saying, "I like politics because there are winners and losers", just didn't sit right with me.   Because in the scenario she was speaking of,  half of the American people are the losers, and that's not something to be proud of.  

That’s tribal thinking. No working together, just childish boasting. “We’re right because we won.”

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
58 minutes ago, General Days said:

I felt the panel let us down on that one. Someone should have said, "Meghan, why don't you care that he's making it about winners and losers to the extent that he's mocking and lying about a survivor of sexual assault?"

I mean, she can't even talk about Game Change (which was not a hit-piece on McCain) on The View without making a hateful face. I'm pretty sure if anyone on the show had the ovaries to ask about the smears involving her sister's parentage (control + F search for "illegitimate") that were employed against her dad and on behalf of W in the 2000 Republican Primary, she'd stroke out on TV, so she doesn't really mean the winners-and-losers shit, except for when she's the winner, or she doesn't care about the losers. 

Plus, politics is not a game. People's lives will be affected by policies and laws enacted by congress. Plus, the founders wanted elected officials who would represent the people to have robust debates that would help the country move forward into becoming a more perfect union. They would be appalled and dismayed by the hyper partisanship that has infected our politics.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, politics is not a game. People's lives will be affected by policies and laws enacted by congress. Plus, the founders wanted elected officials who would represent the people to have robust debates that would help the country move forward into becoming a more perfect union. They would be appalled and dismayed by the hyper partisanship that has infected our politics.  

I think Mehgs comment showed she doesn't care about people's lives; it's all about winning vs losing. She's on the winning side now, let's see how she is when she's not.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Did anyone else hear Meghan admit she is guilty of Whataboutism, when Joy was telling Abby about it (during the Clinton segment)? 

To be fair, literally EVERYONE on this show is guilty of whataboutism. Sunny and Joy are the worst though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

MM called Joy "bitch" twice. I am no prude, but it didn't sit well.

I think she said it because she knew they would be talking about how her father "hilariously" called Sasse a "stupid bastard" all the time. She wants to be feisty/funny like her daddy. At least that's my take.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan learned a new word.  Nebulous.   She said politics isn't nebulous.  She sounds like a someone trying so hard to sound smart and missing the mark.

????????????????

I have to ?? It’s not worth it to ???because this twat is so intellectually bankrupt.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan learned a new word.  Nebulous.   She said politics isn't nebulous.  She sounds like a someone trying so hard to sound smart and missing the mark.

Maybe hubby texts her the “word of the day” ?

• Love 15

Joy and Sunny constantly say “What about Trump?” and Whoopi says “What about Mitch McConnell?”. They ALL do it and there is nothing wrong with it. They are just pointing out the hypocrisy of the other side. Abby is at least objective about it because it IS done on BOTH SIDES. Most people have trouble acknowledging “whataboutism” when it’s their side doing it. That’s why I respect Abby. She, at least is impartial enough to recognize that it is done on both sides.

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 8