Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I think we should get Steven a c section, put a screaming newborn on his chest and then make him take random doses of birth control pills.

This absolutely needs to happen.  

• Love 6

Couple thoughts...

What happened to “Eric’s truck” from the first few episodes? 

Leida has great foresight. Why wouldn’t you want to carry printed out pictures of the floral arrangement from your first wedding?

Kalanis sister has a wicked underbite.

Colt doesn’t look like the type of person to spend money on Ray Bans.

Steven is way too immature for this moment of life happening to him. Poor Olga. Having surgery and taking care of two babies must be draining.

There aren’t many things in life more depressing than an adult sleeping in a twin bed. One thing that is, is two adults sleeping on that beds box springs.

Late thought- When Eric was “cleaning” last episode, he almost had the look of detoxing. He looked very sick.

• Love 11

Even though the “Indonesian culture” comment was ignorant, he might deserve a little bit of a pass. She is definitely the type of person that every nasty, shitty, petulantly puerile action she exhibits, she doesn’t take personal responsibility, and will say its “her culture”. Eric’s just the type of fool to believe it.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, JasonH said:

What happened to “Eric’s truck” from the first few episodes? 

I think he said he rented that so he could fit her whole family in one vehicle.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I reach a point in every season where the tipping point of rage happens.  That was this episode.

Me too. I am not officially hate watching this shit show

I want Olga to run for the hills, Steven is scary as hell. Asuela too, what a couple of bitches those sisters are. Why on earth would she even dream about trying on wedding dresses when it seems like she hates the "groom". Everytime he says anything it's the side eye between those two witches. The first dress Fernanda tried on was stunning and I didn't think it was too "mature" for her. She looked amazing, could have been a bit of jealousy there with mama.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Chellichik said:

I loved the first wedding dress Fernanda tried on...second one was nice.  Not a huge fan of the third one.

Yeah, hard pass on the third dress. Maybe with alterations, it’ll be a better fit. I thought she’d choose the 2nd one.

11 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

If I have to listen to Leída’s self-righteous selfish ass one more minute I am about to turn this show off...and that’s saying a lot. We get it. Youre miss fancy pants from a rich family. SHUT. UP. ALREADY.  

Listen, Leida has class. She has taste. How dare you insist she shut up? We should all be so lucky to learn from rich, classy Leida.

Anyone notice that Colt’s mother was sitting on a nice couch during the apartment conversation? Haha. I think Colt sucks. He gets Larissa’s hopes up with promises of couches and cars and apartments and then backtracks to say he has to speak to his mother. I get that she’s an elderly widow, but if she really respected her son and Larissa, she’d encourage them to begin their lives together. She made it sound so depressing that she might have to go to a senior community. Newlyweds have every right to want privacy.  I come from a culture where multigenerational houses are a thing, but everyone respects the rights of others to not want that for themselves right after marriage.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

I believe he said Tenielle was babysitting. 

That’s for the view of the wedding ballroom and the bit where Leida doubles down on the flowers. 

Maybe she’s working off her child support obligation to Leida.   That’s how it works, right?

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Dance4Life said:
5 hours ago, Honey said:

One question...If Coltee has no A/C in the car, why are they ALWAYS riding with the windows all the way up?

Stop bringing Larissa to places to shop for things, then say you aren't getting them.  So far, it's the couch, the car, and now the apartment.  I don't blame her for being pissed.

I noticed that too!  I don’t really like  much A/C in my car....but I have to turn it on in about 5 minutes.  Even if it is not hot outside the car gets pretty warm and stuffy. There is A/C in that car.

I'm guessing it's a filming thing, though -- if the windows are down, there'd be way too much road and wind noise. I think we may have seen Larissa crack it just a bit - like a smoker in winter - in previous episodes. I'd guess/assume that production would mandate windows up for anytime they're putting one of those little cameras on the dashboard (which might be basically all the time, they're such a reality show staple and I'm guessing it's because it's a super cheap way to get all kinds of footage). 

The car looks like a late 90s/early 00s POS, I'm guessing its A/C gave up the ghost a while ago. 

And Colt is doing this shit on purpose, dangling carrots in front of Larissa only to snag them back. He's a nightmare. She sucks, but he completely gets off on pissing her off (or terrifying her, during that super romantic proposal), then telling her to calm down.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Steven is saying what 99% of all new fathers feel, except he's saying it out loud. 

I've yet to hear any "screaming."

My husband was jealous of his own kids as infants, especially the first one. He never said anything, but there was occasional sulking and silly little demands for attention. He came from a large family, so I never quite understood it. Things worked out fine. Still, Steven concerns me because Olga looks so vulnerable and I remember how overwhelming it was to be recovering from surgery and trying to care for a helpless newborn. 

• Love 9
  • The part where Eric tried to hold hands outside the wedding venue and Leida wasn’t having it should’ve been the part where she gets investigated for immigration fraud.
  • Eric giving her a reality check, “feelings and reality aren’t the same thing!”
  • Eric telling her his children aren’t a burden.
  • THE SOUND LARISSA’s fan makes, “BRRRRTRRR...” 😂😂😂💛🤣🤣🤣💛😂😂😂😂
  • Colt being passive-aggressive, “it’s like we live in a desert. Is that weird?” 😒

DB3F8D0F-58C8-4BD7-8D41-B8794C506741.jpeg

08730C66-22AD-4A75-8E25-7C97CDEDC8EF.jpeg

A7342547-BC87-4ADF-841A-AC49C217DA07.jpeg

C402685F-6194-4C1B-A1B1-14C9BF14092C.jpeg

AF03CF6F-DCC2-4C76-A0AF-58F51DD20F63.jpeg

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:
  • The part where Eric tried to hold hands outside the wedding venue and Leida wasn’t having it should’ve been the part where she gets investigated for immigration fraud.
  • Eric giving her a reality check, “feelings and reality aren’t the same thing!”
  • Eric telling her his children aren’t a burden.
  • THE SOUND LARISSA’s fan makes, “BRRRRTRRR...” 😂😂😂💛🤣🤣🤣💛😂😂😂😂
  • Colt being passive-aggressive, “it’s like we live in a desert. Is that weird?” 😒

DB3F8D0F-58C8-4BD7-8D41-B8794C506741.jpeg

A7342547-BC87-4ADF-841A-AC49C217DA07.jpeg

These two! LOL!

9 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

There was an actual academic study (in economics) that links expensive weddings to higher likelihood of divorce: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/bazaar-brides/a22085716/couples-who-have-expensive-weddings-are-more-likely-to-get-divorced/

“Expensive” being relative, if she pushes Eric to his child support-paying limits, that would count as “expensive” too.

She kind of deserves to be catfished. My schadenfreude-meter is very happy for her... Eh. 🖤

There's so much irony here. I'm guessing Leida wants to make the local Holiday Inn look splashy to show off how well Eric can provide, but by getting in these nickel and dime bickering sessions over choosing her flowers over his child support, she kind of defeats the purpose.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MrFluffy said:

I missed something; was there a tell-all? How did Larissa and Ansuelo meet? I don't recall them being in a scene together.

They didn't.  It was a miss type.  I don't know which pair was meant.

Edited by Kangatush
22 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

I'll be honest, everything about thjs picture makes me want to launch myself into the sun.

What a NERD.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Kellyee said:

Steven is annoying as hell. And he appears to be an asshole, but mostly just really freakin' ANNOYING. 

I didn't get to watch the entire episode yet, so I've only seen the first half. But does Leida ever even touch her own child?? Like ever? He goes from Grandpa to Eric and back to Grandpa. Leida talks about him in her talking head interviews, but they never seem to interact. Did that finally change in the second hour? So far, I don't think we've even seen her speak directly to her own kid. Maybe its the editing. I really hope so. 

Leida is a bitch.  I think the family was happy to get rid of her.  I wished the boy would have gone back with the grandparents.  She wouldn’t have mined.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, millennium said:

I am convinced Larissa is a professional comic performance artist and this is all a big Borat-like scam.   She is fucking hilarious (the sweat stains on the front and back of her skirt, not so much).

Sweat stains or did the Depends slip again?

I must have missed that but I was going back and forth to the kitchen a bit checking on the shrimp toast.

2 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Larissa- Colt is not going to give you want you want.  And you will always rate second after mother.  That's why you need to leave.  I'm sure Debbie will pay for your ticket back to Brazil.

I think my blood pressure literally rises while I watch Steven and Leida on my tv set.

Steven is not mature enough for a real relationship or a baby.  How sad is it that orphan Olga would be better off alone in that sad looking Soviet-style apartment building than with Steven?  Very few kids are better off having zero relationship with their fathers, but this might be a prime example.

Theoretically, I should have some sympathy for Leida since Eric probably made her think he has more money than he does.  But her attitude is so awful, that I can't muster any good will toward her.  This spoiled princess who clearly relied on mommy and daddy for every cent has no right to complain or whine about Eric supporting his own children.  Apparently Eric pay child support isn't cool, and Eric living with Tasha isn't cool, but it was totally fine for Leida to be supported by her family and to have her parents raise Alless.  She's trash.

And now she’s dumping her kid on Eric’s oldest daughter.i wonder if he speaks English at all. Does he even talk? And he should get enrolled in school. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

His unkempt eyebrows spinning in random directions, he asks motherwife where she would go if they "divorced." For maximum pitiability, she suggests a "senior place" which would be quite costly and costly for years to come since she's only 66. "Me moving out makes me sad, we've been together 33 years" she chews, inspiring Coltee to suggest that she moves "close" and then "next" door - to which Larissa HELL NOPES.

Coltee & Debbee is another couple I want to see last forever and ever. They are very much in love, neither is in for the money or the green card. They have a "situation" that involves a shared bank account, so they even get along on the money front! He loves everything she overcooks, under seasons, and pours out of a Campbell can like it's 5 star fare. He should invest in a flesh light and accept that his true love has been there all along besides him, and kick out the disruptive Air BNB tennant from Brazil.

I cannot stand Larissa, but Debbie is truly passive aggressive with het sneakiness. She dropped the word "senior living" to Colt, and immediatelt you could see the panic and wheels turning in his head at the thought of his mother living in "senior living", which probably conjured up inages of nursing homes. I dont see why Debbie couldnt find a cute little place in a 55+ community. She and her son are codependent- he wabts her to cook his meals, do his laundry, pick him up from work, in exchange she gets his company. A good solution to make everyone a little bit happy would be to live near each other, so Debbie can still come over a coupke nights a week for dinner but everyone has their space. For married couples in the West, the wife is the lady of the house, this isnt India or Pakistan where women must defer to their mother in laws for everything. And Debbie is absolutely not ready to give up that title. Larissa is the 3rd wheel, not Debbie. Sick. By the way, the house looks like it smells of boiled cabbage and mushy canned vegetables. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

Agreed.  I was pleasantly surprised when he said this.

Yes, so he says. But he also said he wasn’t putting Tasha out,(only moving her to a roach motel), but it looks like he does. 

16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Leida is a bitch.  I think the family was happy to get rid of her.  I wished the boy would have gone back with the grandparents.  She wouldn’t have mined.

Would she have even noticed?

She only has use for him as a way to get something from Eric. 

• Love 2

It basically feels like the couples with the baby are already doomed and for Eric, well, he just needs to send Leida back home to Indonesia immediately. Where is the love/happiness in at least half of these couples? I sure don't see any.

• Love 6

What kind of work does Eric do? At '40' (cough cough) he should have a few more things in life, even with child support. I'm not saying he has to be in a McMansion, only that he shouldn't have to share expenses with his daughter or decide what bill to pay. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Honey said:

I do give him credit for one thing...Telling her that his children are NOT a burden.

I think those are the words Eric knows he’s supposed to say, but his actions speak otherwise. 

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I cannot stand Larissa, but Debbie is truly passive aggressive with het sneakiness. She dropped the word "senior living" to Colt, and immediatelt you could see the panic and wheels turning in his head at the thought of his mother living in "senior living", which probably conjured up inages of nursing homes. I dont see why Debbie couldnt find a cute little place in a 55+ community. 

Debbie made the senior living community sound like prison. I’ve worked for one and have also visited family members living in one. They are basically apartments/condos for older individuals. They aren’t depressing at all. My aunt’s community has community activities and holiday events. 

Debbie knew that talking about the facility would make Colt reassess what he’s doing with Larissa and that incredibly selfish.  I also dated a mama’s boy with a deceased father and it was a miserable situation. I was always going to be last. We couldn’t live in a city where I found a dream job because his mom complained the city was too loud. I couldn’t spend holidays with my parents and my ex because his mom said my ex was abandoning her. Run, Larissa! It won’t get better.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

She wasn’t dull when he was banging her all summer. And what does he bring to the table  as a partner? Blaming “Russia” for his inability to figure out how go work a car seat? He doesn’t like to be told what to do? Well he had better get out of Russia soon then. 

She needs to show him appreciation for going to pick up medicine for “ his son” ? That’s his fucking duty as a father. He doesn’t get applause for doing the right thing. He’s a selfish prick. 

Lol, that's rather harsh! He tried very hard at the hospital to tell her how happy he was, etc.  And they both had difficulty with the car seat, which did look different from the ones here.  I think for a 20 year old guy,  he's doing a pretty good job communicating to her that he isn't feeling that she still cares about him, and that makes him feel frustrated and hurt.  I don't blame him for feeling bad when she told him numerous times NOT to touch the baby! At least he admits that he's got a lot of learning to do, but I just don't see him as being a verbally/mentally/physically abusive person...or a selfish prick.  At least not yet!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

As they went into the store, Leida said Tanille (Eric's oldest daughter) was babysitting while they shopped. Of course, they had to go to a fancy Scandinavian furniture store, don't they have Bob's in Wisconsin? 

I don't think they have much in Baraboohole Wis. except a bunch of ignorant losers.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, renatae said:

I have to confess that when I was young, I used to throw things at the wall, too. Don't do it anymore, and never laid hands on anyone nor aimed anything at anyone. So, although some actions may be predictors in even most situations, it's just not necessarily all. Which is why I hold out a teeny bit of hope that Steven will hopefully gain some coping skills and not continue on his abusive path.

I must have missed something!!!  What things did Steven do that were "abusive?" Ok...to new thread!

Edited by Rdh1314

I said this last week and I'm saying it again - I hope the camera crew in Russia is keeping tabs on Steven.  He is scary and immature.  He won't do anything when the cameras are set up in that tiny apartment, but when they're gone and he's annoyed that he's not getting enough attention what then?  I'm assuming  all is well since this was all filmed a while ago but it's still uncomfortable to watch.  Does she not have friends to visit and check up on her.  What a depressing desolate place she lives in.  

Much of the other stuff is set up for the show.  Say yes to the dress, furniture shopping, apartment viewing.  It's sort of "reality" I guess. but it's all a set up.  I'd rather they slipped in a couple of couples who were "real" and genuine and we could get a taste of the "real" pros and cons of this 90 day process.

Anyway the most entertaining couple has to be  Larissa and Coltee/Mother.  I was in a lather of suspense waiting for a button to pop from that too small shirt straining across the belly flab.  Mother knows how to throw in words to get her son's eyebrows going... "senior residence' and Larissa is just fun to watch.  She should be on a sit com.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Yeah my dads wife was the same. We weren’t allowed to tell stories or reminisce  about our lives prior to her being in the picture because any reference to our mom (who was alive) bothered her.  The best was when at my brother’s wedding my sister had her husband dance with our mom and then had him cut in on my dad and his wife. She couldn’t make a scene but cussed my sister out in the parking lot later. It was pretty funny, I think even my dad got a snicker out of it. 

Iwasish! Same thing, we were never allowed to talk about our childhood,  our mom and especially not his second wife! Had a similar wedding situation, her daughter had gotten married (I was the only of the 4 of us 'non-kids' to go), I was seated by myself at a table in the back.  During the reception, I walked over to see if my dad wanted to dance, she intercepted me & informed me that this is her daughters wedding & I am to stay in the background.  I went to my room. I live in Phoenix, this was in Chicago. I flew back home early.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I said this last week and I'm saying it again - I hope the camera crew in Russia is keeping tabs on Steven.  He is scary and immature.  He won't do anything when the cameras are set up in that tiny apartment, but when they're gone and he's annoyed that he's not getting enough attention what then?  I'm assuming  all is well since this was all filmed a while ago but it's still uncomfortable to watch.  Does she not have friends to visit and check up on her.  What a depressing desolate place she lives in.  

Much of the other stuff is set up for the show. 

I agree, so much of these shows are fake, but the Steven /Olga situation has crossed way over the line.  It is disturbing to watch.  Even if 25% of what they showed is authentic he is one hell of a scary guy.

• Love 10

Something smells giphy.gif

I don't believe for a second we're getting an accurate depiction of what Steven and Olga's days are like.  TLC would have us believe she is breastfeeding the entire day while Steven runs errands and gets upset at her.  We couldn't see any footage of them planning their park outing... only the frustration over the carseat?  And we couldn't see them going to the pediatrician's office together about the baby's rash... only Steven's frustrating Lost In Translation experience with a pharmacist? 

I also don't believe there's any abuse or feelings of sexual ownership here - Steven was frustrated that they didn't sleep next to each other.  Which yeah, I get that and I don't think I'm a deviant.  Nobody wants to travel 5000 miles to be treated like an incapable nuisance.  I think my boy Steven's doing his best and feeling unappreciated when he's really looking for some words of affirmation that he's a good dad, which he really wants to be. 

Olga's insistence on doing everything herself ("Mom takes care of baby") and her patronizing "Steven/Steven/Steven!"s are alienating him; he's already feeling alienated in a place where he can't communicate with most people, and insecure about his abilities to father a child as a fatherless child.

And I'm not at all afraid he's going to harm her. 

• Love 4

Leida, when bragging about how much her first wedding cost, I swear became Dr. Evil (Austin Powers), "I demand ...ONE MILLION dollars." Quick thinking, Leida, yeah we're all convinced of the big number you pulled out of your saggy moo-moo. She's a mean, lying braggart. Self-esteem issues much? 

I almost cannot watch the Russian scenes; I know that POS Steven is going to shake baby Richie at some point after the cameras are gone. And his many selfish hints about needing to work on their relationship, or however he worded it, smack of him gearing up to some kind of rape. 

90-day Fiance is becoming frightening, not fun.

• Love 14

Well, for me, there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that I pretty much hate everybody on this show now. Except for Olga. And I don't hate Ashley or Jay or Fernanda, but don't really like her love them enough to really root for them.

The good news is due to these horrible people, I can now get through a 2-hour episode in less than 10 minutes.

Stephen and Olga were the couple I was rooting for that, although so young, seemed to have it together. But once the baby came, it's like Steven snapped. I really wish we could bring Olga and Ritchie to the US and make Stephen stay in sad, desolate Russia.

I loathe everything about Kalani. I hate the way she talks, the way her voice turns everything into a question, her condescending snotty attitude, everything about her. so now I zip right through anything she is in because my blood pressure goes through the roof looking and listening to her.

Leida is a freaking monster. everything is me me me, now now now, want want want. She shows zero interest in her son, who is light years more mature than his idiot mom. if you were to randomly pull out two names of people on earth, I don't know you could get people more unsuited for each other than her and Eric. Why are they together? I do not get it.

That randomly pulling out names could also be said for Ashley and Jay, Larissa and Colton, Kalani and Asuelo, all of them really. Thank God for Larisa and Colton and Debbie, because they are the only comic relief in this very depressing season.

• Love 14
Just now, Mr. Minor said:

The depiction I'm getting makes me want to punch him repeatedly.

I would agree, if it wasn't so familiar.  Rather, it reminds me of feelings I felt once (and I know other non-abuser/murderers have felt also when their children were born) but taken completely out of context of the full new-parent experience.  Like someone took your worst moments during a stressful time, and made that into a blooper reel of your life to show the world "who you are."  Not sure if that makes sense. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, islandgal140 said:

j43egm97ry121.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

There are diamonds being forged in the bowels of the earth that are experiencing less pressure than the buttons on Coltee's shirt. 

Ikr, why didn't Larissa suggest wearing the shirt unbuttoned over his t-shirt? Producer driven most likely. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Leida, when bragging about how much her first wedding cost, I swear became Dr. Evil (Austin Powers), "I demand ...ONE MILLION dollars." Quick thinking, Leida, yeah we're all convinced of the big number you pulled out of your saggy moo-moo. She's a mean, lying braggart. Self-esteem issues much? 

I almost cannot watch the Russian scenes; I know that POS Steven is going to shake baby Richie at some point after the cameras are gone. And his many selfish hints about needing to work on their relationship, or however he worded it, smack of him gearing up to some kind of rape. 

90-day Fiance is becoming frightening, not fun.

You are absolutely right.  This show is not fun.  I usually fast forward when Steven is on.  It’s depressing to me. The Jamaican guy likes Jamaica more, so go back and stop complaining.  The two from Mexico expect too much,  and don’t seem happy, so go back.  They want to come here, and when they do, they complain about everything.  So, go back to where you came from.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, usernameG said:

"Debbie is like a cat. She disappear, but she appear when's the time to make your life hell." Best quote of the night.

Totally.  Also, great way to get your new husband on your side - attack his mother using a negative comparison about his pets.

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Rt66vintage said:

Ikr, why didn't Larissa suggest wearing the shirt unbuttoned over his t-shirt?

I wouldn't take fashion advice from Larissa. She had an equally disturbing wardrobe malfunction where I thought I could see her sweaty thong under her too tight/short dress. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Not sure if that makes sense. 

It makes sense. I'm sure these people sign a contract and have no control of the edit they receive. The edit Steven is getting on this show so far is going to follow him around for a long time.

• Love 6