Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

For the Aftershow, I cannot for the life of me understand why they designed the set this way.

The host, Michelle Collins, is a taller gal, and they have her sitting in this large blue chair.  
Her chair is taller than the low white couch the guests sit on, giving Michelle the appearance of being a giant.

So her guests look like children, and it's all distorted.

Further, since she constantly has to turn her entire body around to look at the monitor, why not just give her a normal-sized swivel chair?

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

That's one thing I kept noticing about Eric -- he never seems to feed people. They drove to the cabin in PA and immediately went to bed (both times). They drove to Baraboo for the 'meeting of awkwardness' with all the blended families and there was no offer of drinks, snacks, etc. The only 'meal' we've seen him provide was the infamous cheesesteak sandwich, split four ways.

I noticed that, too.  All those people were sitting around in that rental, basically his guests, and I thought, "Geez, Eric, you can't even spring for a bag of ice and a couple of bottles of soda? Offer these poor rich people some drinks!" 

I don't think he could have made a worse impression on his prospective in-laws if he had tried, which he was definitely not trying.  Even if they were not going to be his new family, they still travelled 10,000 miles to see him! He could put out a bowl of chips! 

I think Eric was seriously struggling with staying sober, and he was having trouble just living inside of his own skin. (See the Eric and Leida board for more on that theory. And again, it's just a theory, but I've been around many problem drinkers and he certainly fits the profile.)

Steven may be young, but I give him credit for at least trying to understand the country where his beloved was from! That's way more than I can say for a lot of these people.

I thought this was interesting... It's not a spoiler. It's about Indonesian etiquette. Glance over this and you'll know ten times more than Eric!

https://www.worldnomads.com/explore/southeast-asia/indonesia/indonesia-etiquette-how-you-can-avoid-causing-offence

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I noticed that, too.  All those people were sitting around in that rental, basically his guests, and I thought, "Geez, Eric, you can't even spring for a bag of ice and a couple of bottles of soda? Offer these poor rich people some drinks!" 

I don't think he could have made a worse impression on his prospective in-laws if he had tried, which he was definitely not trying.  Even if they were not going to be his new family, they still travelled 10,000 miles to see him! He could put out a bowl of chips! 

I think Eric was seriously struggling with staying sober, and he was having trouble just living inside of his own skin. (See the Eric and Leida board for more on that theory. And again, it's just a theory, but I've been around many problem drinkers and he certainly fits the profile.)

Steven may be young, but I give him credit for at least trying to understand the country where his beloved was from! That's way more than I can say for a lot of these people.

I thought this was interesting... It's not a spoiler. It's about Indonesian etiquette. Glance over this and you'll know ten times more than Eric!

https://www.worldnomads.com/explore/southeast-asia/indonesia/indonesia-etiquette-how-you-can-avoid-causing-offence

So by almost every measure Leida's behavior would be rude at home. After all she most likely  invited the camera in

• Love 5
7 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Only words that end in "t".

I don't care for Fernanda either.  She's a walking bundle of drama waiting to explode.

The problem is that Fernanda is 19.  She shouldn't be getting married.  I find it really sad because I think she is going to regret her decision one day.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Horrified said:

there is also a towel covering the seat of the white chair.

Either Eric is incontinent, or that chair is used for simple pleasures.

Sorry.  Sorry everyone.

My guess is that he's only incontinent when he's drunk.

That place was terrible. He could have at least put a nice comforter on the bed for his new bride, but noooo! 

Seriously, dumpy bed, the dirt, and were those weapons standing up in the corner of that sparse grim room? Was this their marital bedroom or a hostage situation?

We see the real Eric. And the real Eric doesn't give a sh%t. Excuse my French, but this guy sucks! He tells her oh yes, she will cuddle up in that bed with him. She will give him what he paid for even though he cheated her in the deal.

Eyebags catfished her big time. And, then like a typical narcissist, he gaslights her, pretending that the hovel is no big deal.  It's a HUGE deal!

This is your closet for now, meaning, FOREVER. He's not going to do any better.

Eric knew the storm was coming. He knew she would be crushed. He knew she would be hurt. And, that was significant because all of it was going to be a terrible horrible drag for HIM.  So, you see him on the dingy balcony, hunkered down, prepared for her to rage, prepared to let it waft right over him like a wave of meaningless noise...

He goes outside and tells the producers that it will take some time for her to adjust. Yeah, sure Eric, she's gonna whine and cry and make lots of uncomfortable sounds for awhile until she shuts up. Like a good hostage.

But it's such a drag for him when she cries and makes noise. 

Just don't say that it makes you feel like shit, Eric, because we know that's not true. Just tell the truth for once. Say, "Yeah, I lied. She's crushed. And, I really don't care cause ya know what? She's gonna stay anyway. Actually, I feel pretty sly."

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Each season I am convinced at least one of the stories is made up with actors and this time around I think it is Leida and Eric. There is no way a wealthy, highly education woman would not look into where she would be staying, how this relationship would help her goals of being a doctor and how her extended family would fit in. I think both she and Eric applied to the show to get some bucks and for her to get acting creditionals. She is not 19, there is no reason for her to not check out Eric's situation. Her parents also don't look or act wealthy. Wealthy people would have rented a hotel room instead of staying in Eric's 'cottage'. I also think the messy house was enhanced for this purpose.

She's an aging single mom from Indonesia who can't make a comfortable living there. She was on a website looking for an American husband and immediately agreed to marry him two days after meeting him. She's not being choosy here and isn't in a position to make demands. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Honestly this all boils down to be 19. 19 year girls are walking bundles of drama. 19 year old girls are relying on their amygdala, which is what causes "drama" and haven't completely formed their frontal cortex, which basically controls the way we handle the drama the amygdala experiences. She's 19, she's already mad that he's drunk, he apparently has some past history of drinking too much (shocker) at clubs, she's already told him he needs to stop drinking, and she walks up to a strange woman grinding on him She explodes. Because she's 19. Maybe she also would at 25 or 30 - who's to say at this point. But maybe he could wait until she's not an adolescent to marry him and then he'd know for sure.

I would be willing to bet she's done this dance many times before with Jon.  He strikes me as the type that gets off on women getting jealous and loves being flirted with.  Add the planted panties.  I bet he very skillfully keeps this beauty insecure so she won't leave him.  Add being alone all the time while he works and finally they're out on the town and he's seemingly flirting with other women?  She handled it terribly no doubt.  But she's young and in a stressful situation.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12

Leida and Eric might be my least favorite couple ever on this show.  That is saying a lot.  Everything that has been said here is true.  He is disgusting, and it's terrible that he misled Leida.  It's also atrocious that his kids are clearly a secondary priority for him.  I find Leida really distasteful as well.  For her to even *consider* this life, she must be extremely damaged goods in Indonesia.  I think there is a lot of backstory regarding her life.  I'd love to know more!

Edited by lucy711
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Only words that end in "t".

I don't care for Fernanda either.  She's a walking bundle of drama waiting to explode.

One time she said Colty and Colt’s mother.  So she must know how to say it.  Maybe it’s a diminutive like Nicky for Nick.

6 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Honestly this all boils down to be 19. 19 year girls are walking bundles of drama. 19 year old girls are relying on their amygdala, which is what causes "drama" and haven't completely formed their frontal cortex, which basically controls the way we handle the drama the amygdala experiences. She's 19, she's already mad that he's drunk, he apparently has some past history of drinking too much (shocker) at clubs, she's already told him he needs to stop drinking, and she walks up to a strange woman grinding on him She explodes. Because she's 19. Maybe she also would at 25 or 30 - who's to say at this point. But maybe he could wait until she's not an adolescent to marry him and then he'd know for sure.

With that short a fuse maybe it’s good that she can’t drink.  Although I bet he supplies it at home.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, ava111 said:

Was the cohen/Rosen link original post removed? I could only find in in your repost in hidden content.

The links to the various and sundry websites I found are located in a post of mine on page 3 of the thread dedicated to these two grifters.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Leida and Eric might be my least favorite couple ever on this show.  That is saying a lot.  Everything that has been said here is true.  He is disgusting, and it's terrible that he misled Leida.  It's also atrocious that his kids are clearly a secondary priory for him.  I find Leida really distasteful as well.  For her to even *consider* this life, she must be extremely damaged goods in Indonesia.  I think there is a lot of backstory regarding her life.  I'd love to know more!

Amen on Leida being damaged goods.  She seems like she has serious mental health issues, whereas Eric is just a dick/pig/idiot.

• Love 9

I love it when 90 Day Fiance provides actual insight into other cultures. The entire escapade of Steven and Olga and the hospital was fascinating! I had no idea that fathers aren't usually in the delivery room. It seemed like epic poor planning  not to have asked beforehand, if that's truly what went down - but these are 20 year olds we're talking about. Steven is irresponsible and he has toolish tendencies, but I felt bad for him.

Jay and Ashley are insanely ill-suited for each other, but there's something endearing about his fish-out-of-water comments about the weather, the sugar, etc., and how, like Fernanda, he was genuinely touched by her friends' efforts to welcome him. It was also nice of Ashley to be concerned about him making friends. Far too many of the 90DF American spouses seem to give no shits about their partners having zero friends.

Fernanda is one of the most beautiful women this show has ever featured. I feel like she is what Anfisa thinks she sees in the mirror.

Debbie had a point about the couch - leather probably isn't best for cats and it would have been nice if Colt saw it - but she had such a smug, sanctimonious attitude that she's reached bitch eating crackers stage for me. Larissa was pretty gracious during their day together.

As I said before, I hope Kalani and her unmerry band of assholes fuck off entirely after this season, no aftershows, no nothing. I don't want to hear anything they have to say to justify themselves.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

LOL!  Yeah, I agree about the Heinz!

As a native, I offer my sincere apologies.  I promise you, we're not all like that!  "Yinzers" are an embarrassment to all of us.  As for your boss....tell her that we do NOT consider Greensburg to be a part of the Pittsburgh area.  It's not even in the same county for goodness sakes.  And NO area has more oddball terms than we do; I promise you that.

I spent a lot of time in Greensburg when I worked for Verizon and I can't imagine anyone throwing shade about how sophisticated the area is. And I stayed in the Harrison Ford room so I am fancy!

5 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Big story in the Daily Mail about the entire Junior class of the high school posing for a portrait giving the seig heil Nazi salute and throwing the white supremacist hand signals. Looks like the town is as gross as Eric's apartment. Run girl!

Colt's Mom and family are horrible people.  Larissa should leave the country immediately as she has no one to stand up to Colt when he decides to deactivate her phone again. He is an incel plain and simple. There's a reason that Reddit has banned those monsters.

Funny how Michelle said they couldn’t discuss the Colt Larissa incident because it is a legal matter.  Like Michael possibly stealing money wouldn’t be?  They certainly could have shared the basic facts that were everywhere online.  Like they eventually did re Darci’s incident.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

We see the real Eric. And the real Eric doesn't give a sh%t. Excuse my French, but this guy sucks! He tells her oh yes, she will cuddle up in that bed with him. She will give him what he paid for even though he cheated her in the deal.

Eyebags catfished her big time. And, then like a typical narcissist, he gaslights her, pretending that the hovel is no big deal.  It's a HUGE deal!

Isn't she supposed to be in love with him and not in the USA as part of a "deal" with him? She told him she loved him and agreed to marry him two days after meeting him because she wanted out of Indonesia. The only way he could have catfished her would be if he turned out not to be American. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ava111 said:

That white chair in first picture must be also used as portable toilet since there is a roll of toilet paper on the small table next to it. Multitasking! You can play Halo without needing to leave the room for potty break!

Someone told me that when their aunt became incontinent or had mobility issues (can’t remember why) they put a portable plastic toilet in her dining room.  I sure hope she wasn’t using it as a dining room anymore.

5 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I love it when 90 Day Fiance provides actual insight into other cultures. The entire escapade of Steven and Olga and the hospital was fascinating! I had no idea that fathers aren't usually in the delivery room. It seemed like epic poor planning  not to have asked beforehand, if that's truly what went down - but these are 20 year olds we're talking about. Steven is irresponsible and he has toolish tendencies, but I felt bad for him.

I think the problem is that he's a kid who grew up watching American TV shows where the father is always in the delivery room. He doesn't realize it's a new development. I'm 47 and my father was at work teaching high school when my mom gave birth to me, he came to the hospital after school. I didn't see Olga begging for him to be in the room or him asking her if she wanted him in the there. What's wrong with pacing in the waiting room and then handing out cigars like fathers used to do? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, sconstant said:

And next to the sink, Miracle-Gro.  But I didn't see any plants.  Maybe there were some?  But now there don't seem to be.  So maybe we can put that away now?

Perhaps he grows pot to self-medicate his “PTSD”?  He would be too cheap to pay market rates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

I think the problem is that he's a kid who grew up watching American TV shows where the father is always in the delivery room. He doesn't realize it's a new development. I'm 47 and my father was at work teaching high school when my mom gave birth to me, he came to the hospital after school. I didn't see Olga begging for him to be in the room or him asking her if she wanted him in the there. What's wrong with pacing in the waiting room and then handing out cigars like fathers used to do? 

Olga did say it was hard to be alone and that she missed Steven. She also seemed the type to say whether she wanted him there or not. It would have been really easy to keep him out of the room if she really wanted, and to hide behind the hospital policy in doing so. I'm all for doing what the expectant mother wants, and it was clear she wanted - or at least didn't mind - Steven there.

Wanting to be in the room was probably one of the more stand up things Steven's wanted this season. It's not unreasonable, and in the absence of Olga's mother or some other female relative, why not the father?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Olga did say it was hard to be alone and that she missed Steven. She also seemed the type to say whether she wanted him there or not. It would have been really easy to keep him out of the room if she really wanted, and to hide behind the hospital policy in doing so. I'm all for doing what the expectant mother wants, and it was clear she wanted - or at least didn't mind - Steven there.

Wanting to be in the room was probably one of the more stand up things Steven's wanted this season. It's not unreasonable, and in the absence of Olga's mother or some other female relative, why not the father?

Olga was there all alone (aside from Steven), she was brought up in an orphanage.

I understand him wanting to be there since that’s what SHE wanted. I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s the end of the world if a father misses a birth, but I understood where Steven was coming from. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

exactly.  I hated that Asuelo apologized to her obnoxious father for that. 

Agreed. And it was painful to watch Asuelu apologize to Kalani and her sister, both of whom were so mean! If apologies are in order, why doesn't Kalani apologize for not using any birth control, for deciding to have a baby, for making huge life decisions that forced someone she barely knew to either leave everything he ever knew OR to never know his son! 

I'm not saying she needs to apologize either, but he was put in a very difficult situation. And he graciously stepped up the plate.  The LA beaches don't begin to compare to what Kalani had back home, but he smiled and talked about how great it all would be. He embraced the crowds, the trash, and the lack of waves. All of it. And what did he get in return? She chewed him out and made him apologize.

Kalani, he was a still a virtual stranger. HE OWED YOU NOTHING. The problem is that she has no sense as to how unreasonable she's being. And, instead of putting her in check, her family cosigns her crazy bitchiness. Indeed, they underscore it. They fuel it!

So Asuelu sat between Kalani and her angry sister, and he basically had bitch in stereo. But he put up with it. And it was infuriating to watch!

Her family acts like Kalani is the Catch of the County. Uh, she's not.

Does anyone else think that Kalani's biological clock was ticking and that she may have wanted to get pregnant? May have. It's just a theory!

I hope Asuelu gets away from them and can start his own life, away from the viper brood, but still close to his son. He can get a job and support himself, perhaps working for a hotel?  or, working on a farm? While Utah is landlocked, perhaps he can learn to love the mountains? Without question, he will find a good woman to love and be a stepmother to Oliver. Hopefully, he will lead a sweet life in the States. Hopefully.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

It is funny that the hospital was so decrepit that even a couch surfer noted that it was dirty.

• Love 9
On 11/11/2018 at 11:28 AM, Mothra said:

Debbie appears to be at home all day, and there's no reason to believe she didn't make the stew from scratch

In the very first scene with Cole and Debbie, she was serving him breakfast and he was complimenting her cooking. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Isn't she supposed to be in love with him and not in the USA as part of a "deal" with him? She told him she loved him and agreed to marry him two days after meeting him because she wanted out of Indonesia. The only way he could have catfished her would be if he turned out not to be American. 

I didn't realize it was so quick. I understand Annie and Hazel willing to put up with losers to get out. But, Leida's situation doesn't seem nearly as desperate. She had a very comfortable place to live. 

All I can think is that her family must have made her truly miserable.  Their coming over here is a huge gesture of concern, but I'm wondering if they have difficulty actually demonstrating loving concern to their daughter? Maybe they make her feel interrogated instead of valued? Might be more dysfunction there than meets the eye...

I do think that Eric seriously misrepresented his living situation, and she was crushed when she arrived. That wasn't nice of him to do. Assuming their relationship would be somewhat about mutual trust and caring? Of course that might be assuming too much.

Still trying to figure this one out.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Steven And Olga, what type of a fucked up, backward country were they in?  Steven had to get permission from the head of the hospital?  WTF?  Maybe there’s some logical reason for this, I hope so.

It's Russia. There's a lot of bureaucracy.  And they probably want to make sure drunk fathers aren't in the delivery rooms screwing things up.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Steven And Olga, what type of a fucked up, backward country were they in?  Steven had to get permission from the head of the hospital?  WTF?  Maybe there’s some logical reason for this, I hope so.

I wondered if part of the permission had to do with letting the film crew in too? Remember when the Duggars went to Asia and a producer of the show went into labor. The hospital not only said no film crew, the father was only let back for a short time (It was either for a few minutes during the birth or after). Of course the Asian hospital looked modest but very clean and professional compared to Olga's. 

I guess I wish Steven's grandma or someone in his life would give him a talk about the basics or money and having a family. Would he not have hired an lawyer to do the K1 process? I would think the lawyer would explain that Olga can't take welfare and he or the sponsor is going to have to pay for medical bills. I'm not trying to be harsh because I hope they can make a life for their family, but having a baby in America is not cheap. As long as Olga and the baby com out fine, it is probably better the baby be born in Russia for free, then have then start out with a 5 figure debt having a baby in the US. Young marriage and having babies young is very common where I live. Many young men don;t go to college and start families but they search for whatever job has insurance. It might be literally digging trenches (we recently had a sewer repair on our street and 3 young men dug around the house for 8 days, but the job had benefits and paid $16/hr). I'm hoping Olga who at least with being bilingual seems like she might have a little more education behind her, will come to the US, and be able to get more education and maybe she is the one who helps Steven navigate starting a life. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was very concerned for Steven and his desire to set everyone at the hospital straight about what he wanted.  Fortunately the hospital doctor with whom he worked was understanding and made arrangements for him to be with Olga.  Although Steven admitted in the first episode that he did not know much about Russia, one would assume that he would at least know not to cause a scene or threaten someone about "his rights."

I have a feeling if Steven wasn't travelling with a camera crew, the outcome would have been different.

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

I married my wife when she was 19; if she would've seen me grinding on a strange woman's ass in a nightclub she would've left/forgot my name while I was searching the club for her the  next 3 hours.  Jonathan sucks and he's bringing out the worst in someone with questionable self-control.

That young lady was a plant.  TLC needs to get a new playbook, because they did the same thing with Mohamed.  When Mo was at a pool hall, a lady approached him and started coming on to him.  He politely told her he wasn't interested and walked away.  Danielle wasn't in the vicinity, so it was a non-event.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Now I need to rewatch to see if Eric is left handed.?

"Never use your left hand for anything. Don't touch anyone with it, don't eat with it, don't pick things up with it – as it's considered the hand you use to wipe yourself in the bathroom. If you're left-handed and suddenly everyone looks at you with disgust, that's what's going through their minds."

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3

I still can't believe Olga walked to the OR to just....flop down on the table for a C-Sections.

I feel terrible for Asuelu. All he does is try to be cheerful and play with the baby while the ambiguously incestuous Sisters from Hell and Father Kalani berate him and talk shit about his apparent inadequacies til he cries and desperately promises to live up to their standards. And lol at Kalani/Kolini claiming a racist edit when 1) everyone in the family says only white men are good enough for the daughters and 2) Asuelu said tonight Kalani told him she would never pursue a relationship with him since he's not white.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Stephen and Olga are so young and so naive.  Maybe I missed it, but has there been any confirmation he is the baby’s father?  I don’t know that he’d think to get proof...he seems so enamored with “his baby”.

He wants to see HIS SON born... not so much about comforting Olga. I wonder if it was a girl coming would he be that demanding?

• Love 6

Missed the live chat as I was on a flight from DC back to Toronto.

Questions:

1.       Why would Leida need to marry to come and be a doctor?  What about a student visa?  Her father is supposedly a famous doctor in Indonesia.  Something doesn’t add up. 

2.       Dolt. You are ok with exchanging fluids with Larissa but you don’t trust her with your credit card or even able to allow her some type of credit card with a small balance?  But you have been sharing your bank account and credit card with your Mommy-Wife since you were 14.  Yeah riiiggghhhhttt.

Comments:

1.       Ashley – her messy cabinet caused something to fall and break and she immediately blames it on Jay because he wanted the brown sugar.  Yeah, these guys are the same age mental wise.

2.       I agree with another poster… Cousin Leah, Babies R Us called and they want their girl headbands back.

3.       Dolt’s had a lot of girlfriends? And Americans?? Sisterwife-Mama Dolt is a lying liar who is lying

4.       Angela shouldn’t even be associated with TLC with the crap that is going on with Scottie. (my opinion)

5,       Asuelu should just make a run for it.

At this point I don’t care about the others except for Steven and Little Orphan Olga.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

didn't realize it was so quick. I understand Annie and Hazel willing to put up with losers to get out. But, Leida's situation doesn't seem nearly as desperate. She had a very comfortable place to live. 

I think it’s the Nicole/Azan situation reversed.

In this case, it’s Leida’s family that thinks Eric is the scammer. 

55 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

guess I wish Steven's grandma or someone in his life would give him a talk about the basics or money and having a family. Would he not have hired an lawyer to do the K1 process?

I wonder if Steven is going to do a reverse K-1 visa and marry Olga and stay in Russia??

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Leida and Eric might be my least favorite couple ever on this show.  That is saying a lot.  Everything that has been said here is true.  He is disgusting, and it's terrible that he misled Leida.  It's also atrocious that his kids are clearly a secondary priory for him.  I find Leida really distasteful as well.  For her to even *consider* this life, she must be extremely damaged goods in Indonesia.  I think there is a lot of backstory regarding her life.  I'd love to know more!

This is how I feel about them too. It makes me sad that this is the first time an Indonesian citizen is on and I can’t root for her because she’s just not a very nice person... ?

I’m usually scared for most of the women on this show, but not this time (but maybe just because I’m Indonesian and I can see everything that’s off about these two). It’s very, very disappointing.

7 hours ago, gingerella said:

it seems clearer after last night, that Leida probably hoodwinked her family into thinking she was going to realize her DREAM of practicing medicine in the US...and that aint happening. I mean, as soon as she gets here

Reveal hidden contents

she starts some bogus online 'production/event company' bullshit related to cosplay conventions. See https://www.longlivecohenrosen.com/

She aint gonna be practicing medicine any time soon, that's for sure. And with her winning personality she'd get booted out before the first month of med school was over. "You want me to clean BED PANS?!? I dont do that! In Indonesia we have lower level staff who do that sort of thing!" Yeah bitch, I'd say go home, but you deserve to live in squalor with your lying sack of shit cheap ass gaslighting man.

Oh, one last thing about these two idiots...his reactions and angry dismal of her dismay over the state of that hovel was very telling.  If she thinks she can control the situation with this guy, she's got another thing coming. He seemed seething with anger under the surface.

This is what I thought too? ??‍♀️

Here in Indonesia some women can be very coy about wanting a career in entertainment (being an actress on the side was kind of like the Indonesian equivalent of an American making the cheerleading squad back when I was in school—but rarely are people bold about actually being seen pursuing it, most want you to believe they were “scouted” at a mall or plucked out of obscurity, but nobody’s wants to admit they’re auditioning). I find the coyness and the “doctor” façade off-putting. ?

I’d challenge her to stick to her words and actually honestly attend an American “med school” to be a doctor there. ???

Also, in Indonesia “med school” and “law school” are undergraduate (bachelor) programmes.

You’re straight out of highschool when you start, often when some of us have no idea what we want to do with our lives. It’s not uncommon to have an LL.M. (master’s in law) by the age of 23.

And realise you’ve made a mistake.

At that age, [I’m guessing] Americans have just completed a bachelor’s degree at some liberal arts college or a B.Sc. in Biology or something—and have just begun LSAT-prepping (or whatever you do to prep for med school) and know for sure that’s what they want to do with their lives and commit to making that extra education worthwhile...

No judgement against anyone who wants to stray from their first career choice when they were young, as long as they go about it without being so shady. ??‍♀️

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 14

I don’t out blame on Jon for Fernanda flying off the handle in the club.  Who cares if the blonde was a plant?  Fernanda acted badly and Jonathan didn’t hold a gun to her head and made her act like an asshole.  I didn’t act like that when I was nineteen.

I also don’t think Colt is all that bad.  Just listen to the podcast, Dirty John and you’ll see what I mean.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Eric and Debbie would be an appropriate match looks wise.  But Leida calls him “ruggedly handsome.”

IIRC, I don't think Leida used the word "handsome." She said Eric looked "very ruggedly" which made me chuckle. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Olga was there all alone (aside from Steven), she was brought up in an orphanage.

I understand him wanting to be there since that’s what SHE wanted. I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s the end of the world if a father misses a birth, but I understood where Steven was coming from. 

I didn't know Olga grew up in an orphanage. Poor girl.

It makes me like them even more. ??

Edited by Indomie
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, magemaud said:

IIRC, I don't think Leida used the word "handsome." She said Eric looked "very ruggedly" which made me chuckle. 

Well he was definitely ridden hard and put away wet.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Coming from a military world  I am the same. Fathers are gonna miss a birth. Fact of life. 

Steven gives me Stephan from Young & Pregnant (MTV) where every word out of his mouth is.....my son, my son!.....but, they make no effort to educate themselves on fatherhood.  All talk!  Didn’t even bring his son some gifts.

We will see next episode if Baby has the basics. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Now I need to rewatch to see if Eric is left handed.?

"Never use your left hand for anything. Don't touch anyone with it, don't eat with it, don't pick things up with it – as it's considered the hand you use to wipe yourself in the bathroom. If you're left-handed and suddenly everyone looks at you with disgust, that's what's going through their minds."

Hahahahaha!  This is not so true, anymore. We have indoor plumbing now! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Coltie/ Larrisa teeth (the first thing I think of upon seeing her is "teeth")-  Colt and his mother come across very disturbing.  I think their scenes are very controlled; like Larissa doesn't like Deb, but she is polite to her and tolorates her.  They all have a weird dynamic.  The cousin is a douche.  The couch situation could have been handled better.  Colt should have told Deb and teeth what the budget was and what style he liked or he just have just took Larissa himself as normal couples do- then Larissa would get a style she wanted at the price Colt wanted and deb wouldn't have had a say or been involved.

Olga/Steven- I really want good things for them.  Poor Olga never having a family; it was sad she didn't have a mom or grandmother or aunt there during the pregnancy.  Was she all alone?  And Steven needs to cool it, but I do applaud him wanting to be there for Olga and see his son enter the world.  I hope it really works out for them and the baby.

Mexican Barbie/ Douche head Ken- I moved to a new state after my husband and I married.  I didn't have a job or a car for a month.  I felt isolated and alone during the day and lived for going out with my husband.  I can only imagine how it is for her at 19 and without a great command of the language.  My husband was great and attentive and I would have DIED if I found old thongs or he was dancing with other women.  so, I somewhat understand her feeling the way she does, but I still think she over reacted a bit.  Still, he needs to know what he's doing is not okay and only feeds her suspicions.  If he's not close with his family; why aren't they getting married in Mexico so her family can be there and then inviting his family there?  It seems selfish on his part.

Moani Kolani/ Aus - I am so over these sisters.One wants to be a Kardashian and the other wants to be Kim Richards.  I get you are close , but either commit to marrying each other and becoming weird cat old ladies together or have appropriate relationships with others and just visit one another.  Kim Richards can be the cool aunt that comes to visit and then leaves; she doesn't have to be up in everyone's craw and pretending the baby is hers.  That's creepy.  I hope Aus is reading up on family law and just what his rights are pertaining to his son if her family tries to talk her into divorcing him or trying to cut him out of Oliver's life.  He's hilarious and quite possibly my favorite person ever in this franchise.

GI eyebags/ Ledia- They are both so unlikeable.  With what he spendt on renting a car , a "cabin", gas, an apartment for her parents, cheesesteaks, etc... he could have just put them all up in a nice hotel somewhere together.  The apt. he rented for her parents is so so nice compared to his rat nest; why doesn't he just rent it for himself and the daughter? and let the other place go?  She is spoiled.  I feel bad for her kid; she doesn't seem very much involved with AHHHHLISSSS.  does her brother or her mother speak?  The ex-wife being there was odd, but she quite possible wouldn't let the young daughter be there on her own.  Eric either drinks away his money or has a meth habit.  Could you imagine Ledia being your doctor?  That's terrifying.  Fun fact: Beraboo , WI is the hometown of the Ringling Brothers of the circus fame.

Dried up Jessica Simpson / Devar 2.0- They are boring and gross.  I'm sure the "friend of" is better off not being in Ashley's 3rd wedding.  I think Ashley has very serious issues with men and trust and self worth and she needs to be in therapy.

Live show-  Debbie came across as really nice.  Considering what went down this weekend with the lovebugs , she was very nice speaking  towards and about Larissa .  It was nice to hear that they do get along.

Jon's friendgroup is really weird to me.  They just don't seem the type of people to be great friends with a 30 something partying washed up frat boy.  I hope they are nice to Mexican Barbie.

Angela must have been on some good drugs or they shot her with a tranqulizer gun.  She was nice looking and pleasant.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Coming from a military world  I am the same. Fathers are gonna miss a birth. Fact of life. 

Guess this is "ancient history" to many viewers: during the 1960s, most hospitals--under pressure from birthing women, laymen, the women's movement, and childbirth reform groups, admitted men into labor rooms, but not until the 1970s -- and in some hospitals the 1980s -- were the doors to the delivery room open to men.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Spike said:

It’s funny how Kalani has screamed about the show’s portrayal of her family’s attitude toward Samoans but Asuela himself said she told him she likes white guys, not brown guys.  I don’t believe for a minute he  made that up.

Kalani told that to the viewers even before we ever saw Asuelu.  She said her father wanted her to marry a White guy...and I think she mentioned preferring older Jewish men.

3 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

In this case, it’s Leida’s family that thinks Eric is the scammer.

Leida's family and ME!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

Also, in Indonesia “med school” and “law school” are undergraduate (bachelor) programmes.

Thank you so much for clarifying this! So Leida has a bachelor's degree in what used to be called "PRE-med" in the US and has not been accepted into, let alone attended, the advanced training required to become a physician. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Guess this is "ancient history" to many viewers: during the 1960s, most hospitals--under pressure from birthing women, laymen, the women's movement, and childbirth reform groups, admitted men into labor rooms, but not until the 1970s -- and in some hospitals the 1980s -- were the doors to the delivery room open to men.

I am a weird girl!  LMAO. I am with Russia!  I think men have no business in the birthing room. But, I  guess, it is their kid, too.   ?  Most men don’t want to look.  They are FORCED to look.  It is like if a man is told to look and doesn’t look....then he will be seen as an unfit father. 

So, they look.  Then, Bam!  Men never looks at women the same ever again.  Women have lost their feminine mystique!

Whenever I watch birthing shows there is always that annoying nurse that starts to screech....Come Look!  Come look at your baby being born.  I just want to kick her in the mouth. Pull the baby out and hand it to the parents!  Do you not see husband supporting wife? Why do you insist on man looking?

Olga will be save from losing her feminine mystique since she is having a C-section.

I am all for ‘above the waist’ in labor support, btw.

In that article it states that men are allow to go in for free (as they charged before), so this is why it is more popular now.  Maybe before, men didn’t want to pay to look...????? 

Not all is cold in Russia related to childbirth. During my time in Russian culture countries, I saw that they practiced that 60 day ritual where mother and baby are completely taken care of by females. It supports maternal healing, baby bonding and nurturing. I used to go to the hammam spas and women were always there getting their post maternity belly massages.  It was so beautiful how the older women took care of the new moms.

I agree with someone from last night.  Maybe the negotiation of attending labor had to do with the cameras and getting more payment from TLC...???? This is probably why the hospital decided to give Olga ‘the operation.’ I hope TLC got Olga a midwife to come home with her at the very least.

• Love 8