Type keyword(s) to search

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Apart from his trident having too many prongs, I like it.

It's based on the current "trident" in the comics, which does have five prongs. I've seen it referred to as a "pentadent". (This info from another (comics) forum.)

Now we need a pic of Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

I am going to make a random prediction: by the end of March, we will see a second official "Unite the Seven" image of one of the other heroes.  I'm just going by how many weeks there are until Comic-Con, and working under the theory that we'll see a teaser then.

Yeah, kind of underwhelming.  If they were going to show a pic of Lex why not show a still from an actual scene.  I feel like I just saw a photo of bald Jesse Eigenberg as opposed to Lex Luther.  I'm actually looking forward to his portrayal just underwhelmed.  

• Love 1

Well, the foundering members of the Justice League are: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash and Martian Manhunter. I've heard suggestions that Cyborg might replace Martian Manhunter in that line-up but I would imagine that the rest of the JL will be the same. Unless they decide to bring Hawkman or Hawkgirl into it and then... I don't know. As it stands they've got four ready to go in Supes, Bats, WW and Aquaman so the final three could be anyone, I guess.

Reputable sources (e.g., Variety, as well as Junkie XL who is one of the composers for the film) are confirming that the first trailer will be attached to Mad Max.  Interestingly, the official BvS film website is "unavailable" today.

Unless they decide to bring Hawkman or Hawkgirl into it and then...

Hawkgirl's going to be in a TV show (assuming it gets picked up), so no.

I'm not sure I'll watch this movie (depends on the reviews, I guess - never seen Superman,never going to), but if there were more female heroes than WW it would drastically improve my interest. I mean, I'm mad as hell for the Avengers only having Natasha, and this is Joss who's actively trying to bring more females into it. I shudder to think what would happen here.

• Love 1

The film's credits have been added to the official website!  There's a "CREDITS" link at the bottom of the page; in my Firefox it's half-hidden by the status bar.  One key piece of speculation is resolved: Christopher Nolan is still listed as an Executive Producer.

I wonder if it'll run with Avengers. Kind of, you like superhero movies? Here's another one you can see. Eventually.

But let's be honest. It'll be on Youtube five mintues after it debuts, either officially or unofficially. Not quite the same, true. But at least you can watch it.

My theory is that it will be on The Avengers, but they don't necessarily want folks to go to AoU specifically to see it.  Hence, the special screening and, I'm sure, a soon-after official online release.  The special event is supposedly going to have the trailer, and then a few minutes video of Zack Snyder talking, and then a special re-edit of the trailer with extra footage included.  Total runtime 15 minutes.

• Love 1

It remains to be seen how those changes will work out on-screen.  Using the New 52 version was pretty much a given; it's the current comics continuity, and it was largely created by Geoff Johns who is heading the movie division of DC Entertainment.

In other news, I got passes to the trailer screening in Boston!  We'll see if I go (I'll have to leave work early), but I got passes!

• Love 1

Saw it.  Not overly excited, though I always love seeing Henry Cavill in action and Jeremy Iron's voiceover as Alfred sounded cool enough.

As for Batfleck....well give him points for altering the crap out of his voice so that nobody guesses he's Ben Affleck -- er, Bruce Wayne. 

Yep, trailer leaked, big shock. 

Wow, it looks as dark and grim and dull as Man of Steel. But with added silly Batman voice. Next to the Age of Ultron trailer, this just looks sad. 

I do feel bad for Henry Cavill though. I think he`s a great Superman. I just wish he could be in a movie that celebrated Superman, and wasn't just trying to be Dark Knight 2.0. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

Grim! Dark! Murder! Green screen!

I don't understand why it looks like a cut scene from a video game. Perhaps that's what they're going for, it almost makes sense. Video games are very popular with the youths.

But really, it's strange to me that they're setting Superman up to be torn down when he's barely been built up. The best part of that trailer was Holly Hunter because...I love her.

It just looks emotionally draining and not in a good way. Everyone's dark. Everyone's tortured. We can't show anyone having any moment of levity lest we get compared to Marvel. After Man of Steel, it seems they didn't learn from it, just doubled down on it. No thanks.

• Love 5

My favorite part, by far, is Superman's completely unnecessary damage to the sidewalk/street when he lands to confront Batman. You could have just...floated down, Kal. Trust me, I guarantee your dick is bigger than Bruce's.

• Love 3

False God?  False God?

This is freaking Superman!  This is the hero that is loved by everyone.  This is a hero that isn't dark, gritty, and depressing.  He's the one that people aspire to be, and it's not because of his powers.  He's the beacon of hope.  For crying out loud, you've got The Flash tv show which is doing fantastic ratings, is well liked by critics, and a big reason is because it's hopeful, it's what we want.  You make The Flash a beacon of hope, a good hero that people love, which is what he is, and you make Superman depressing.

• Love 5

If nothing else, I can appreciate this Bruce Wayne/Batman as a big (as in tall) man.  I assume Bale was the tallest before Affleck, and he's around six feet. Which may be more than average height for a man, but not particularly tall in my book. 

As for the trailer, meh.  I think WB made a mistake in trying to coattail the current Marvel wave of ensemble superhero films.  But who knows how it will turn out.

So how are they going to cram all that stuff with Aquaman and Wonder Woman along with Batman vs. Superman?

Oh and I love how they basically ripped off the last part The Avengers with the reporters asking if they can trust Superman.

After Man of Steel, it seems they didn't learn from it, just doubled down on it. No thanks.

Yeah, unfortunately this is what I got from the trailer as well. I like Man of Steel, but the grim and grittiness of it was what worked least for me (and for most critics), and yet that's the element they've clearly decided to emphasize...and emphasize...and emphasize in the sequel.

Sigh.

For crying out loud, you've got The Flash tv show which is doing fantastic ratings, is well liked by critics, and a big reason is because it's hopeful, it's what we want.

I don't disagree, but I think the counter-example is Arrow--they grim and grittified Green Arrow, turned him into Batman 2.0, and that was the show that launched the new wave of DC shows because it was/is so popular....

Edited by stealinghome

For me, the best parts of the Dark Knight trilogy were the scenes with Michael Caine and/or Morgan Freeman teasing Bruce Wayne.  Man of Steel kind of missed the boat on that element of levity in the midst of everything.

• Love 3

I'm not feeling it at all. Even watching the official trailer, it just looks needlessly grim as fuck for no reason.

Why can't the rivalry between Batman and Superman be less hostile/violent than what the trailer implies?

• Love 5

This is freaking Superman!  This is the hero that is loved by everyone.  This is a hero that isn't dark, gritty, and depressing.  He's the one that people aspire to be, and it's not because of his powers.  He's the beacon of hope.  For crying out loud, you've got The Flash tv show which is doing fantastic ratings, is well liked by critics, and a big reason is because it's hopeful, it's what we want.  You make The Flash a beacon of hope, a good hero that people love, which is what he is, and you make Superman depressing.

Why can't the rivalry between Batman and Superman be less hostile/violent than what the trailer implies?

Yeah, I was going to ask if there's anything in the comics that leads to this kind of hostility.  I've never seen/heard anything about Superman other than him being a good guy-a hero.

That said, I wasn't totally dissatisfied with the trailer--but, I'll need to see a bit more before I decide if I want to invest time or money into it.

Edited by Shannon L.

I'm on board.

Here are the things I liked:

-Humans have mixed feelings about the alien who saved the earth/destroyed a major city (one rarely gets a second chance at a first impression).

-Bruce Wayne doesn't look like the kind of guy who would be Batman (the Keaton factor).

-People are kneeling before Superman? I want to know more about this.

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Charlie fuckin' Rose.

What I did not like:

- The CG on the statue looked bad.

-Too much of a tease.

• Love 1

If you followed the production news, they actually built the whole statue except for the head, which is cgi, and I think they shot it in front of a green screen.

Is there anyone here good enough with voices to ID them all? Holly Hunter is easy, as is Jeremy Irons at the end with the "This is how it starts" line.

Charlie Rose is the first voice.  Holly Hunter and Jeremy Irons are pretty self explanatory.  A voice says "Devils don't come from below".  Jesse Eisenberg (Lex) answers "No, they come from the sky".