Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Cool, I did look for a speedy version but couldn’t find one, it does make a difference and is really the point as you say, all we need is a line of Negan’s ‘wives’ chasing the three of them. Ive always hoped that the show actually meant to inject a little humour, but..............

i did replace my clip with yours if anyone’s confused

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Some tidbits from this past weekend's Walker Stalker:

Pollyanna Macintosh said Jadis/Anne will be in the upcoming TWD movies with Rick. She also said she knows what an A and B are.

Tom Payne, who hasn't cut his hair yet, said he's not done with TWD. Upcoming episodes will have flashbacks that cover the six-year time jump.

Ross Marquand joked that the X's on Michonne and Daryl are a crossover with The X-Men. CDB will develop mutant powers. Aaron will have Wolverine claws come out of his metal hand.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dvil said:

Some tidbits from this past weekend's Walker Stalker:

Pollyanna Macintosh said Jadis/Anne will be in the upcoming TWD movies with Rick. She also said she knows what an A and B are.

Tom Payne, who hasn't cut his hair yet, said he's not done with TWD. Upcoming episodes will have flashbacks that cover the six-year time jump.

Ross Marquand joked that the X's on Michonne and Daryl are a crossover with The X-Men. CDB will develop mutant powers. Aaron will have Wolverine claws come out of his metal hand.

WHO does Pollyanna Macintosh know?  It's not the acting and it definitely isn't that the fandom is clamouring for MORE JADIS?  So who does she know or, more importantly, WHAT does she know? 

And who gives a flying fuck what an A and B are?

• Love 6
On 11/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, peach said:

So I guess this will leave Tara as head of Hilltop, and she will basically take over the Maggie role now.  Yawn.

Oh god you're right. Is there a walker available? Less mopey, more proactive, doesn't ask people if they wanna, like, stay or stay stay.

• Love 3

I wonder how contract negotiations with Danai are going? Judging by some of the reactions I've read on SM and YT, the first half of the season 9 seems to have presented Michonne in a rather unfavorable light. AMC's social media certainly never passes on a chance to take regular potshots at the character. Meanwhile, Danai is out here raising her A-list celebrity profile, while also becoming a UN Goodwill Ambassador and paying the show and the network dust.

Interesting.

5 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Oh god you're right. Is there a walker available? Less mopey, more proactive, doesn't ask people if they wanna, like, stay or stay stay.

No fist bumps.  No Scientology auditing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

I wonder how contract negotiations with Danai are going?

Well, at least they don’t have to pay Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan anymore. Fingers crossed they won’t be paying JDM after this season. They should have some money freed up if they’re not going to be uber cheap by their standards. Ignoring AMC having to pay her what she deems as enough, I wonder if she wants to stay. TWD is probably the safer financial decision but something isn’t kosher with this show/network and she could hit the jackpot. 

God, it’s going to make a great book or expose one day. I’m mainly excited for when that happens.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, LydiaMoon1 said:

I wonder how contract negotiations with Danai are going?

I wonder the same. Danai was supposed to be up the villain role on Star Trek, but the movie is apparently not happening because both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine have pulled out. Hollywood is so unpredictable, maybe she stays with TWD as it is a sure thing.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I wonder the same. Danai was supposed to be up the villain role on Star Trek, but the movie is apparently not happening because both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine have pulled out. Hollywood is so unpredictable, maybe she stays with TWD as it is a sure thing.

Eh. If not Star Trek, then another opportunity will come along. I'm not worried about Danai's career. As for the show, I'm okay if Danai signs up for one or more of movies to finish out Rick and Michonne's arc, but as for continuing to be a regular on TWD? That's the last thing I'd want for her.

• Love 3

From Comicbook.com

A new synopsis for the back half of The Walking Dead Season Nine has been released, teasing what's next for the show's remaining survivors.

"The second half of The Walking Dead Season 9 finds our groups of survivors, both old and new, continuing to deal with the impact of events that took place during the six years that have passed," the synopsis reads. "Since the disappearance of Rick, many of these characters have become strangers to each other, and in some ways, strangers to themselves. What they do know is that they are in undeniable danger. They will soon realize the world just beyond does not operate as they thought. The group’s rules and ways of survival no longer guarantee their safety. A whole new threat has crossed their paths, and they soon discover it’s unlike any threat they have encountered or endured before. The group will start to question what they think they see. What may appear to be normal in this post-apocalyptic world could actually be more disturbing and terrifying than when the apocalypse first broke out. All that is certain is the stakes are high and numerous."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/12/19/the-walking-dead-whisperers-9b-key-art-photos/

Key Art for S9 b

6FC2A78F-504A-400F-A4C8-6804275A8F1A.jpeg

072CA748-3570-4B5A-BDCB-98AE97507F48.jpeg

50AF5D07-5B33-42C8-8624-328503FD4D97.jpeg

• Love 1
21 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Whisperer Alpha teaser,

You can't cut and sew and stretch rotted flesh, FFS! My credulity goes only so far.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

"Dwight is still alive somewhere in this world." 

You're welcome everyone, I know you all wanted this vital information. 

Thank you!  I'd forgotten he ever existed, but your post made me realize how very much I missed him and wondered what became of him. Now I can have a peaceful Christmas.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

You can't cut and sew and stretch rotted flesh, FFS! My credulity goes only so far.

On 13/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

In the clip the skin looks all wet and sticky, you can see the blood still in the flesh when held up to the light, yet we’re expected to believe that someone will willingly wrap that around their head and tighten it up with a lace. They wanted us to believe that The Mad Monk lost sight in one eye because he splashed a bit of gore over his chest, as opposed to the delicate skin and membrane found on the head and face, sorry, keep it for the comic.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, OoohMaggie said:

In the clip the skin looks all wet and sticky, you can see the blood still in the flesh when held up to the light,

I know, as though it's a fresh zombie (in which case there would be no point in putting one intact human face over another) but still decomposed looking. Which is it? I usually just go with the flow to a point when watching something I like, and ignore impossibilities presented as fact, something I was happy to do in earlier seasons, but TPTB on this show are so careless and so unknowledgeable it actually makes me angry. No one could even do something as simple and quick as Googling to find out tigers can't purr! OTOH, if one can be so lazy and ill-informed yet still get a big paycheck, why not?

On 12/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, OoohMaggie said:

A new synopsis for the back half of The Walking Dead Season Nine has been released, teasing what's next for the show's remaining survivors

I couldn't listen to that yammering character, and clicked off right after "Eugene and Rosita are dating." What would be the definition of "dating" in a post-apocalyptic, medieval world?

Sadly, I think even hate-watching this might become too much of a burden.

ETA: oops. Looked like a clicked off too fast. It's Rosita and FPP who are "dating" I believe, not that I give a rat's fuzzy patootie.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

Been watching Jaws and seen the teaser and am so glad I checked out of this. First off the show writers are fucking delusional bringing fucking Negan back. He is like Sonny on GH, the show writers centered a perfectly good show around someone that people can't stand, others have grown to not stand and didn't give screen time to characters that people loved. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Been watching Jaws and seen the teaser and am so glad I checked out of this. First off the show writers are fucking delusional bringing fucking Negan back. He is like Sonny on GH, the show writers centered a perfectly good show around someone that people can't stand, others have grown to not stand and didn't give screen time to characters that people loved. 

That is such an apt comparison.  I've stopped watching GH because of my hatred for Sonny (and Jason and Carly) and the elevation of them to the "heroes" of the show.  TWD does that to Negan?  I'll be out.  And I thought I was a ride or die TWD fan...

1 minute ago, Fellaway said:

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2

Dwight news...

'The Walking Dead' Star Joins 'Fear' for Another Crossover
By BRANDON DAVIS - January 3, 2019
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/01/02/the-walking-dead-dwight-austin-ameli-crossover-fear/

The Walking Dead star Austin Amelio is headed to Fear the Walking Dead to serve as the next crossover character between the two AMC shows.

Having been entirely absent from The Walking Dead's ninth season, Amelio will reprise his role as Dwight on Fear the Walking Dead, ComicBook.com has learned from multiple sources involved with the series.
Dwight was last seen on The Walking Dead in its Season Eight finale when Daryl Dixon exiled him from Alexandria and told him never to return. It appears Dwight is doing just that, allowing Amelio to head to his home state of Texas for production on the sibling series which is set years prior to The Walking Dead's current Whisperer story in Season Nine.

Speaking to members of the press at San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, the Dead universe's chief content officer Scott Gimple was quick to not rule out any possible crossovers in the future despite The Walking Dead seeing a massive time jump. “It does not [rule out more crossovers],” Gimple said. “That’s about all I got to say. It does not but I wouldn’t expect it all the time. Things could happen. You never know who might pop up on Fear the Walking Dead. That includes The Walking Dead and potentially people in the past from Fear the Walking Dead.

At the time, the plan to have Amelio and his Dwight character join Fear the Walking Dead in its fifth season was already in motion.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Dwight news...

'The Walking Dead' Star Joins 'Fear' for Another Crossover
By BRANDON DAVIS - January 3, 2019
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/01/02/the-walking-dead-dwight-austin-ameli-crossover-fear/

That's good news for the FTWD viewers! Me, I'm sad he won't be back on TWD.  Dwight had become one of the most compelling characters for me, and the show is greatly lacking in anything compelling these days.

I stopped watching Fear after the first season, so am confused on their timeline in the greater WD universe.  Are they still earlier in the ZA than TWD, which means Morgan, and now Dwight, are there before the events that concerned them on TWD?  Or, are they caught up now and Morgan and Dwight are there after their stories ended on TWD?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I stopped watching Fear after the first season, so am confused on their timeline in the greater WD universe.  Are they still earlier in the ZA than TWD, which means Morgan, and now Dwight, are there before the events that concerned them on TWD?  Or, are they caught up now and Morgan and Dwight are there after their stories ended on TWD?

As of the last episode of Fear and the last episode of TWD, TWD is approximately seven years ahead of Fear, when Fear returns, unless they have a ‘dramatic time jump,’  they will always be behind TWD in the show’s timeline.

We last saw Morgan and Dwight at roughly the same time in TWD, it took Morgan approx six months to reach Fear, so how long it took Dwight to get there is anyone’s guess, I’m assuming  Fear will have to jump forward a certain degree to accommodate Dwight, but once again it’s anyones guess as to how big a jump.

The Morgan / Dwight character’s stories on Fear will always be after those that took place on TWD.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

As of the last episode of Fear and the last episode of TWD, TWD is approximately seven years ahead of Fear, when Fear returns, unless they have a ‘dramatic time jump,’  they will always be behind TWD in the show’s timeline, events that happen in TWD will always be way ahead of those that happen in Fear.

We last saw Morgan and Dwight at roughly the same time in TWD, it took Morgan approx six months to reach Fear, so how long it took Dwight to get there is anyone’s guess, im assuming Fear will have to jump forward a certain degree to accommodate Dwight, but once again it’s anyones guess as to how big a jump.

The Morgan / Dwight character’s stories on Fear will always be after those that took place on TWD.

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks, OoohMaggie.  So before the time jumps on TWD, the two shows had pulled up to roughly the same time period.  That makes sense.  I was confused because they clearly have the Eastman'ed Morgan on Fear and I couldn't figure out how that could be if they were still in the past.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh what could have been,

I see the brat is wearing the ‘infinity’ symbol, now where have we seen that before?

164C5C63-4EFF-4D35-8170-978CEB14E7FA.jpeg

Nice to see some quality father-daughter bonding.  ;>

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I was confused because they clearly have the Eastman'ed Morgan on Fear and I couldn't figure out how that could be if they were still in the past.

There was a year or so time jump between seasons 3 & 4 of Fear.

It'll be interesting to see how they get Dwight and Morgan to meet and whether Sherry will have a part to play.

Edited by OoohMaggie
9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

There was a year or so time jump between seasons 3 & 4 of Fear.

It'll be interesting to see how they get Dwight and Morgan to meet and whether Sherry will have a part to play.

I've been wondering if Sherry might come back, now that the actress's other show was cancelled.  Maybe looking for her is what takes Dwight in Fear's direction.

• Love 1
On 1/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I’m sorry, but I just want to laugh, is that wrong? 

Not wrong at all. The heavy-duty dramatic music just makes it funnier. I still say this should be turned into some wacky parody. That would make it so much better.

• Love 1

I may be a party of one, but I'm glad Dwight is going to Fear and I get to see what happened to him. I actually really liked his character. I've been super busy and I'm *still* behind on both finishing the last season of Fear, and the first half of TWD. I'm still interested in this show, but the urgency to watch is waaayyy down after Rick's departure. Even more than I thought it would be. And I'm not thrilled about the time jump. Next season, is everyone going to be in some sort of retirement home, fighting off Walkers, with, uh, walkers? Deal with your pacing issues, show.

• Love 3

I actually forgot about the show. I just realized that I couldn't remember when I was last here. I doubt I'll watch when it comes back, but I'm looking forward to season two of the punisher, on Friday.

If Daryl Dixon is going to be the lead character of this show, they're going to need to give him a woman.  Or a man.  Whatever, he needs a partner.  Everyone is pairing off, even the priest is fucking and Daryl is still walking around like the palace eunuch.  I'm guessing the dog is supposed to be some sort of substitute, but I don't think it's good enough.  Daryl needs a HUMAN BEING to love and to love him.  There's no need for tptb to worry about angering certain fanbases; nobody's watching the show anyway and perhaps the fact that NR has a partner in real life has taken the edge off.  Let Daryl Dixon GROW UP, for fuck's sake.

I don't have any hope for Michonne.  She seems to be only allowed two settings: completely solitary or ALL ABOUT HER MAN.  It would be nice to see her have an EQUAL relationship where her partner actually gives a damn about what she wants and needs but I don't think that will ever happen.  Which is why I'm glad Danai is doing so well, so she can leave this bullshit behind.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Whatever, he needs a partner.  Everyone is pairing off, even the priest is fucking and Daryl is still walking around like the palace eunuch.

I so agree. It's long since gotten to a ridiculous point, where Daryl is either a terrified virgin (at 50!), an asexual neuter or a eunach. What's the problem? Do TPTB think if he's shown to have any interest in sex that the fangirls won't love him anymore? It's not appealing. It's just weird and kind of creepy. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I so agree. It's long since gotten to a ridiculous point, where Daryl is either a terrified virgin (at 50!), an asexual neuter or a eunach. What's the problem? Do TPTB think if he's shown to have any interest in sex that the fangirls won't love him anymore? It's not appealing. It's just weird and kind of creepy. 

Exactly.  The man-boy bullshit isn't sexy.  It's weird and creepy.

Rick's children and his widow are in Alexandria yet Daryl is living out in the woods with a dog for company.  Why isn't he watching over Judith and RJ(?) and making sure that Judith isn't doing her algebra homework with a homicidal maniac?  Daryl should be helping Michonne run Alexandria, instead of leaving her to use former Saviours for muscle.  And maybe he might have done something to mend the bad feelings between Maggie and Michonne.  He owed it to both Glenn and Rick, not to mention Hershel and Beth, to make sure their families are okay.  It's been SIX YEARS, for heaven's sake! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

It's weird and creepy.

What's even weirder is that not one woman has shown the slightest interest in him, not even when he was relatively clean and looked human. Father Pee? Sure, he's a regular chick magnet and has the goods apparently - too well hidden for me to see -  but Daryl, who would be a very desirable partner in an apocalypse where priorities are changed, since he has qualities one would find appealing in that situation - he's strong and capable and can take care of business, yet not a single woman has ever given him even a considering glance. I don't think he should have to try and fix everyone's problems or be anyone's watchdog, but yeah - to camp out in the woods all these years and his only desire is to have a dog? It's so cringe-worthy. He's been turned into the comical-type dotty uncle.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

What's even weirder is that not one woman has shown the slightest interest in him, not even when he was relatively clean and looked human. Father Pee? Sure, he's a regular chick magnet and has the goods apparently - too well hidden for me to see -  but Daryl, who would be a very desirable partner in an apocalypse where priorities are changed, since he has qualities one would find appealing in that situation - he's strong and capable and can take care of business, yet not a single woman has ever given him even a considering glance. I don't think he should have to try and fix everyone's problems or be anyone's watchdog, but yeah - to camp out in the woods all these years and his only desire is to have a dog? It's so cringe-worthy. He's been turned into the comical-type dotty uncle.

Well, Father G IS kind of cute!

But you're right about Daryl not getting any play with the ladies.  Even though he's stank as hell, a man like Daryl could offer not only protection but lots of dead animals for the soup pot.  I think one of Daryl's best qualities is his loyalty; he's ride or die for the people he loves.  And back in the day, he had a certain charm that's sadly lacking now.  There was a time when Daryl actually had conversations with women.  He was friendly with Andrea, he spent a lot of time traveling with Michonne while they searched for the Governor.  And, of course, he was close to Beth.

I think the ugly fan wars really sealed Daryl's fate when it comes to getting laid.   Tptb loved it and I think that NR liked the attention too but I think it also spooked him a bit.  And I can imagine that an actress with any sense would think twice about playing Daryl's love interest.  I've heard that several actresses including Laurie Holden and the woman who played Beth got threats.  I don't think tptb could find an actress willing to risk life and limb for a part on a cable-tv show.  So Daryl tucked his dick away, got less and less verbal and more and more dirty.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 11:49 PM, mightysparrow said:

I've heard that several actresses including Laurie Holden and the woman who played Beth got threats.

I'd say, "You've got to be kidding" but I know better now. Since I never had any interest in any "behind the scenes" stuff, it's only lately I've realized what people endure when they are celebrities of any kind. It's shocking and really, really sick.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:49 PM, mightysparrow said:

He was friendly with Andrea, he spent a lot of time traveling with Michonne while they searched for the Governor.  And, of course, he was close to Beth.

Yes, but his affect was always that of a neuter, an asexual uncle figure or an awkward adolescent being teased and having no clue as how to respond. Remember Carol's "Let's go down... I'll even let you go first" (which was the one and only time in my memory that any woman displayed any interest in him other than as a brother)and his response was a "Pffft" and a snort? Either he's completely impotent, has taken a vow of chastity or he actually prefers the company of his own right hand, none of which is appealing or believable to a normal, adult person. 

• Love 1

I have to stick up for the show / Daryl character a bit here, some guys want to live that sort of life, being on their own with the companionship of a faithful hound, only making contact with pesky humans when it benefits them is entirely understandable to me.

Not so much in my country, but I associate quite strongly a guy living on his own in the wilds with the US and Canada, it may well  be a stereotype held by a non US / Canadian citizen but that’s the impression I get, so is Daryl’s existence so strange?

I wonder how many of those who think his existence is weird or freaky are females, speaking as a Male I don’t consider his choice in any way strange or problematic. Although I wasn’t living in the woods and eating skwirls, I have sought solitude and peace which at the time was absolutely heavenly.

The same has to be applied to the sexual side of the argument, some guys just don’t apply importance to a relationship, whether physical or not, I’ve been there myself, although thankfully short lived, at the time you just aren’t interested, so if it can apply temporarily it can most certainly apply in the long term.

We’ve had the stereotypical macho Abraham, thinking with his dick and bedding whatever comes his way, treating his conquests like shit, but guys like this are ten a penny, I’m glad that they’ve taken a different route with Daryl, I would like him to find companionship to some degree, but if he’s happy with his life with Dog , who is anyone to say that it’s wrong? 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 8