Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Pete pulls an "If I can't have you no one will" and kills Jessie during a final beating while Sam is hiding in Chekov's Bolted Closet, and the last shot is Jessie's eyes reopening? (ETA - sorry, that wasn't terribly clear - I was thinking maybe Pete had already killed Jessie and possibly other family members before going to the meeting, and the last scene might involve the others finding this out at his home....)

Oh crap...

Hey, kj4ever, you seem to be the only one to get my hint?

I won't say that Pete won't kill Jessie and the kids. And as far as Tara waking up, that leaves Rosita and Eugene with her? Unarmed?

I don't know about not worrying about Tara for 6-7 months. Or Rosita and Eugene.  There's a couple ways we might not need to worry about them all summer.

But I don't get why (almost) no one's worried about how Pete got the katana?

We know it was in the house. There was definite attention to Michonne putting it up on the wall.

(Gale Hurd said everything in Remember was a spoiler.)

We know Michonne hasn't taken it down; she and Rosita go to the woods to find Sasha and Michonne has a gun.

The spoiler says Carl and Judith are at home. So they're home with the katana.

Then Pete in a crazed violent state has the katana when he comes in to the meeting.

Carl is unarmed. He would try to protect Judith.

The katana is easy to take down off the wall. But Carl does not seem to be the one who got it, Pete has it.

Pete is able to run into the meeting by surprise, no one at the meeting having heard anyone screaming for help, or rushing in first to warn them?

There, I wrote a bit more clearly.

Edited by kikismom

I don't know about not worrying about Tara for 6-7 months. Or Rosita and Eugene.  There's a couple ways we might not need to worry about them all summer.

I think if they were going to be killed, it would be mentioned in the writeup, unless there's something left out. I meant I wouldn't have to worry that Tara would be unconscious or comatose through the last episode and then they might just say at the start of next season that she never woke up.

I see what you're saying about not knowing where Carl and Judith are in terms of safety if he got the katana, but I think they probably just left that out of the script because Pete rushing in with the katana is probably supposed to be an OMG shock moment. I think if they were going to kill or injured Carl or Judith it would be a big scene.

True. I tend to wonder if that will be

Negan, although I guess that wouldn't make sense as TV viewers would have no idea who that is.

I guess there could be a shock death showing us the start of the invasion of ASZ. That would probably be someone like Sasha or Abraham...

I got the "Oh crap" and am mildly worried about Carl and Judith, but am hopeful that Carl will be able to handle things as I've already worried enough about Judith's fate between the bloody carseat and her run-in with Martin. :) Of course, it would certainly count for the "pissing people off" part if something happened to Rick's family while he was off being greatly concerned about Jessie's family. (But it would probably also piss people off if Rick demanded that the ASZhats deal with Jessie's abusive husband and she ended up dead immediately anyway. And it would be chilling if Sam had locked himself in the closet not knowing that everyone is infected...)

• Love 1

It would be chilling if they are all caught in places where they can't get to each other. If Rosita and Eugene have to barricade the door to Tara's room, and Rick and Judith are hiding somewhere, etc. But if it is after the credits, it has to be a very brief shot of one place.

Although I remember the end of season 2 had that great shot where the camera pulled back from the group by the waterfall, more and more until we could see the prison in the moonlight, with the same music they would use later for the Morgan reveal

Maybe the last shot is a crane shot, pulling up from some ugly mess in ASZ, higher and higher until we see from overhead the ASZ and in the distance fast approaching are human enemy fighters, or a ginormous herd of walkers.

I got the "Oh crap" and am mildly worried about Carl and Judith, but am hopeful that Carl will be able to handle things as I've already worried enough about Judith's fate between the bloody carseat and her run-in with Martin. :) Of course, it would certainly count for the "pissing people off" part if something happened to Rick's family while he was off being greatly concerned about Jessie's family. (But it would probably also piss people off if Rick demanded that the ASZhats deal with Jessie's abusive husband and she ended up dead immediately anyway. And it would be chilling if Sam had locked himself in the closet not knowing that everyone is infected...)

I don't think he's ofF worrying about Jessie's family. ...it sounds like it's his trial for going to crazy town last week. ..

I would love this except that Pete got Michonne's katana. Which is at the house they share. Which in this spoiler, was deliberate shown to be occupied---by Carl and Judith (Carl and Judith at home...)?

What will be the extra shot after the credits?

Remember we are supposed to be in tears...and also pissed off.

Danai Gurira says the finale is "chilling."

Chilling? Oh, no. I'm going to have to watch something lighter, after this.

I know a few comic spoilers, and I hope they don't go along with certain things. Last season's finale was dark enough. 

• Love 1

I wish they'd just let Rick kill him before, ambiguity or not. He did deserve to die and this just makes it seem like the writing making sure we see there was no choice.

I'm wondering if Rick's break from reality will be like it never happened because, of course, he'll end up being right. If this were the real world, zombie apocalypse or not, people would be wary of letting this dude make decisions for the group. I don't know, would you trust him after that bloody display last week? Sometimes I think they just wrap things up too neatly for him. I'm hoping Deanna doesn't just give it up and hand over complete control.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Rick's break from reality will be like it never happened because, of course, he'll end up being right. If this were the real world, zombie apocalypse or not, people would be wary of letting this dude make decisions for the group. I don't know, would you trust him after that bloody display last week? Sometimes I think they just wrap things up too neatly for him. I'm hoping Deanna doesn't just give it up and hand over complete control.

For me this would be the first time his complete breaks from reality were ever rewarded in the narrative (Hershel was there at every turn to bring him in the last time he was this bad). If waving a gun at innocents is shrugged off because Pete really did turn out to be beyond control, then the show will once again be twisting itself into so many knots of ambiguity that whatever point they were making is quickly lost. 

I guess we'll see. 

• Love 2

Even though Rick is right at the core of his argument, waving a gun around is not the way to get his point across.  I hope he does have some consequences and it appears the community meeting about him is a step in that direction.  I also hope that Madam Politician doesn't just easily give up control after all of her blathering about leading her Community For a New Tomorrow, though it may be prudent for her to do so when outside threats (aka the real world) start pounding on the walls and she has no clue what to do.

• Love 1

Pray for me that this is the ONE Sunday my boyfriend does not choose to have his weekly chat with his mother as soon as the opening credits start.

Does he at least use the phone in some other room, way away from your appropriately fanatic watching of The Walking Dead? Because if not, we have to have a community meeting about your boyfriend. Once we've all said our piece(s), we might have to ban him. Actually, we're totally gonna ban him. Unacceptable!!

• Love 1

In hindsight, I expect they were referring to Glenn's bad day.

I wasn't expecting him to die, though. We've seen him fight off a walker when he was tied to a chair. 

• Love 1

I thought this was a good one. Stuff about Ezekiel, Paul/Jesus, etc...

....weird stuff about how Morgan did not develop his new philosophy/new fighting style by himself but a mysterious someone else influenced him and made him want to search for Rick?....

Also, confirmed about the blood on the katana. Means something...

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/the-walking-dead-season-6-spoilers-morgan-jones-return-details-new-characters-paul-ezekiel-to-join-cast/

• Love 1

The Walking Dead - Season 6 - Cast and Creators hint at what's coming [VIDEO]
Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, April 10, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/the-walking-dead-season-6-cast-and.html

Basically, they don't say anything we don't already know or suspect...

• Now that they have this safe place, how will they maintain their edge and protect it?
  • Public execution (of Pete) is like the "birth of this group in" Deanna.
  • Wolves at the door.  Bad people are out there.
  • Morgan & Rick reunite, but now have different ideologies (Morgan is man of peace, while Rick is his polar opposite).
  • There will be a real threat, and there will be blood.
Edited by tv echo

Corey Hawkins cast as Heath, and maybe Kenric Green also cast...

First Look: 'Walking Dead' Books 'Straight Outta Compton' Star as Key Comic Character (Exclusive)

JUNE 05, 2015 9:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-6-heath-800256

The Walking Dead - Season 6 - Various Casting Snippets
Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, June 10, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/the-walking-dead-season-6-various.html

I have to say that, for the most part, the physical casting of some of these later characters has been dead on. I still think Michael Cudlitz is too soft to match Abraham (although he's a fantastic actor), but everyone from Danai Gurira on has been almost the exact physical embodiment of the characters from the comics. Hawkins looks great as Heath. (Yay! Heath!)

• Love 1
(edited)
Question: Anything on Season 6 of The Walking Dead? —Gerry

Ausiello:

Yup. I think I may already be able to reveal the first casualty of the season: new guy Kirk’s innocence. Casting intel describes the mid-twentysomething married man — as yet uncast — as a Mr. Nice Guy who, over and over, gets the same message from cruel fate: Do unto others before they can do unto you. And since whoever’s hired for the recurring role has to be available for future seasons — but there’s no such requirement placed on the actresses vying for the part of his wife, Hilda — it seems safe to speculate that losing the missus will eventually push him over the edge. Or am I reaching here?

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Mistresses, Nashville, Teen Wolf, Suits, iZombie, Falling Skies, Walking Dead and More

By Michael Ausiello / June 16 2015, 2:30 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/06/16/nashville-season-4-cast-will-kevin-ask-ausiello/

Claire: Life feels incomplete without a weekly panic attack brought on by walkers. It's been so, so long. Have anything for The Walking Dead?

Umm....Have you not been watching the walkers on Game of Thrones? Helps a whole lot, yes? But I feel you. Now we are walkerless for the next few months, and I'm happy to host a Walker-Withdrawl party where we can dress up like our favorites and eat brains and guts and yummies. Sound good? Anyhoodle...When TWD (and zombies) returns this October there's going to be a new couple in the fold. Get prepared to meet Kirk, a former blue-collar dude who was pretty straight-laced…until the world changed and he started looking out for No. 1 (himself). Hilda, a "strong woman" who is far from passive, also joins Kirk in the new season.

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, The Good Wife, Homeland, Arrow and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Tue., Jun. 16, 2015 10:10 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/666878/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-the-walking-dead-teen-wolf-the-good-wife-homeland-arrow-and-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently, a LQ version of the Season 6 official trailer (HQ version to be shown today at SDCC) leaked online - WOW!

The Walking Dead Season 6 Official Trailer (LQ) Season Premiere (10.07.2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNQ4-iSJjQ

The Walking Dead: Exclusive first season 6 image of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes
BY DALTON ROSS • Posted July 8 2015 — 9:39 AM EDT
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/08/walking-dead-season-6-andrew-lincoln-rick-grimes-photo

andrew-lincoln.jpg?itok=ZMEwSXVK

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The trailer makes me heartsick for TWD. Based on the editing, the trailer is totally misleading about the tensions among the survivors, excluding the Alexandrians. Also, notice how careful they are never to show the Wolves who we know are this season's big bad.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Only when Rick attempts to rape a woman and abandon and murder his friends, will he ever come close to being as immoral and horrific as Shane. I don't get any of that from this trailer so I am sure Rick will be his usual tormented, but good self in the upcoming season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
(edited)

The trailer makes me heartsick for TWD. Based on the editing, the trailer is totally misleading about the tensions among the survivors, excluding the Alexandrians. Also, notice how careful they are never to show the Wolves who we know are this season's big bad.

I think that the tensions between the survivors are there but being overblown in the trailer.  And agree that they are blatantly editing together different scenes to make it appear that its some giant Rick vs. Morgan dynamic.

I do think that very early in the season Rick is going to develop a training program to get the Alexandrians capable of surviving the ZA which will include a 'final exam' of bringing in zombies into a controlled environment and expecting the Alexandrians to clear them out without the help of CDB.  Given the range of personalities, CDB is going to have a variety of reactions to this because the protectors aren't going to want to intentionally put people in a position where they might die. Others on the Carol/Rick end of the scale are going to be more worried that people are going to die trying to save the inept and inexperienced Alexandrians.  Its not like we didn't get gross level of incompetence getting people killed or nearly killed by zombies all last season.

I liken it to the Alexandrians living their whole lives in a zoo/wild life preserve and Rick and crew coming in to train them how to be animals and hunt for food, etc. so they can survive when set free.  Every once in a while its like that penguin that inspired 'Happy Feet'.  They set you free and you are immediately eaten by a whale.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think that the tensions between the survivors are there but being overblown in the trailer.  And agree that they are blatantly editing together different scenes to make it appear that its some giant Rick vs. Morgan dynamic.

ITA about the Rick/Morgan dynamic; not so sure about the survivors.  There's bound to be some tension with the townspeople after seeing Pete get blown away.  I'm interested in possible disagreement between Rick and Daryl too, though I doubt it'll be really serious.

Anyway, wheeeeeee!!  Looks good, October is so far away :(( 

Edited by raven

Wow - I am surprised at how the trailer seems like it will pit Rick and Morgan against each other. But as we have seen time and time again, there is no room for weakness in the zombie apocalypse. If it is true (Rick vs. Morgan) then I guarentee you that Morgan is going to regret it. But Rick once again is coming off slightly unhinged but he knows what needs to be done.

And they also seem to be hinting that parts of Rick's group are going to splinter off also. After so many years (seasons - ha!) of being so loyal to each other, this is really going to be an issue.

Is it October yet??

• Love 4

WHOA!! Merritt Wever??? That's pretty cool, cause I've been a fan since the first time I saw her on various eps of Law & Order. The woman has some serious acting chops, imho.

(edited)

I'm not too excited about the trailer...I don't know...I am not all that invested in the Alexandria storyline...

Alexandria is dull. There isn't much in the trailer that's making me count the days until the S6 premiere. By the season finale I was already tired of Alexandria and all those new insipid characters. While I'm glad Morgan will finally be a regular I am not looking forward to more Regina, Jessie, Ron, Nicholas, or Enid. And from the looks of the trailer they are going to get plenty of screen time along with even more new characters. I miss the days of the prison (and even the original CDB) when redshirts stayed in the background and were quickly disposed of when zombies attacked.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 2
(edited)

From E!online...

Dylan: What can we expect from next season of The Walking Dead? Desperate for any and every spoiler!
We'll let executive producer Gale Ann Hurd field this one!  "You've got Morgan showing up, that's going to chance the dynamic," she previews. "t's still dealing with the integration...can these two groups really find commonality and what happens when Morgan is thrown into the occasion, who has seemingly renounced violence except to protect himself?" Hm...anyone else not buying the whole "seemingly" part of that tease?!

NEWS/ Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Empire, Arrow and More!
by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Tue., Jul. 14, 2015 8:11 PM PDT
http://www.eonline.com/news/675753/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-vampire-diaries-walking-dead-empire-arrow-and-more

Edited by tv echo

Alexandria is dull. There isn't much in the trailer that's making me count the days until the S6 premiere. By the season finale I was already tired of Alexandria and all those new insipid characters. While I'm glad Morgan will finally be a regular I am not looking forward to more Regina, Jessie, Ron, Nicholas, or Enid. And from the looks of the trailer they are going to get plenty of screen time along with even more new characters. I miss the days of the prison (and even the original CDB) when redshirts stayed in the background and were quickly disposed of when zombies attacked.

The trailer didn't make me too excited either. I did like Alexandria because it brought more palpable conflict and I found it entertaining, but I thought that after the finale the focus would be on outside threats and the people there hardening. More internal struggles and more of "but Rick is going too faaaaar!" stuff seems like a snoozefest to me.

The Walking Dead star Andrew Lincoln on an 'astonishing' season 6 [VIDEO]
BY DALTON ROSS   Posted August 3 2015 — 9:00 AM EDT
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/03/walking-dead-star-andrew-lincoln-season-6-astonishing

Season premiere director Greg Nictotero revealed to EW that the first episode will begin in the middle of a big action sequence and then force viewers to put together the puzzle pieces as it jumps around in time a bit, and Lincoln insists that viewers will be surprised. “I think that episode 1 is something that people are not going to expect,” says the star. “I certainly didn’t when I read it. And when we filmed it, it just grew and grew and it got deeper and deeper. And I think there are a couple of episodes this season that are certainly some of the best episodes I’ve read, maybe in a couple of seasons.”
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From TV Guide's Fall Preview...

Returning Fall Shows: Where We Left Off

​The Walking Dead (AMC)
Premieres:
Sunday, Oct. 11 at 9/8c

Where We Left Off: Rick & Co. settled into Alexandria, but quickly convinced the naïve townsfolk that they weren't equipped to survive in the new world. After Pete accidentally killed DeAnna's husband while trying to attack Rick, DeAnna ordered Rick to shoot him -- as the just-returned Morgan looked on at his old friend in horror.

What's Next: Although DeAnna yielded some power to Rick, there will still be plenty of tension between his group and the Alexandrians. "Can the Alexandrians see the world the same way Rick does? Will the world actually give them a chance to work that out?" executive producer Scott M. Gimple asks. "If you know how to survive in a dangerous would, you have power. Do you have a responsibility to do something with that power?" More importantly, Rick's actions will set up a "difficult" relationship with Morgan this season. "At the end of the season, [Morgan] was heard to opine, 'All life is precious.' And then he lays eyes on Rick shooting someone in the face. He may not be rooting Rick on in that sort of thing." Of course, the gang won't have a ton of time to argue as the Wolves seemed to poised to strike -- although Gimple suggests that gang isn't the only threat this season.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2015-returning-fall-shows/photo/4b653c9d-89d6-47d6-bce4-a243b859161f

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1