Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
crowceilidh

S15.E14: Finale

Recommended Posts

crowceilidh

4 MINUTES AGO

"Acceptance is the greatest achievement that man can ascend to."  Good for Nigel for taking the time to make sure something good was written for him.  Too bad he has to deliver it so pompously, but good on him, regardless.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I tried my best to keep track of how many dances each finalist got tonight, not that it means much in the grand scheme of things considering back in s3 Sara got three and wasn't even in the top four. By my count: Slavik had 2 (hip-hop with Genessy, Housework Jazz with Genessy), Jensen had 3 (Tahitian with Jay-Jay, hop-hop with Jay-Jay, Heels with Hannahlei), Genessy had 3 (contemporary with Lex, hip-hop with Slavik, Housework Jazz with Slavik) and Hannahlei had 3 (cha-cha with Cole, contemporary with Marko, Heels with Jensen. After writing it out it was a happy surprise that they all got the same amount except for Slavik. Interesting that Hannahlei was the contestant to represent a ballroom routine. I wonder how many of the judges' and contestants picks were actually picked by the judges and contestants and how much of it was backstage politics. 

Darius actually had three (jazz with Magda, contemporary with Magda, contemporary with Taylor), plus of course the group routines.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Was anyone else....kinda bored?  I didn't really look up from my laptop screen much this episode. I called Hannalei as the winner but I was pretty 'meh' overall on the top four anyway so maybe that apathy spilled over into the show overall.

Edited by 1TrackMind · Reason: Words are important.
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I remember way back when, I would be bummed that they didn't reprise this one or that one during the favorites show. Tonight I actually FF through some of them. 

I do wish they had chosen the umbrella dance with Hannahlei and Cole. I hope Dancing With the Stars considers casting COLE not Jensen.  

You just know Twitch has been dying to do that routine with the boys since it first aired. He's adorable. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Twitch dancing and Nigel popping in at the end of the routine were the highlights of the evening. 

There was a highlight?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Everybody looked so good tonight, very nicelooking cast this season. I was fine with Hannahlei winning because i just didnt care who won out of this top 4. I was more excited to see the rest of the cast and previous routines performed. Nigel was a great sport to do the mens group number but I still cant stand his ass, lol.

3 minutes ago, Brookside said:

There was a highlight?

The original was better. It seemed like they slowed down the music and dancing for this performance and I didnt really like it but it was great to see twitch and nigel participating. I wonder why Mary and Vanessa didnt want to take part in the girls number esp. Vanessa since she gushed over it and said she wanted to be apart of that number. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe because this was a truncated season, the reprises of performances didn't feel as fresh or exciting to me. I feel like we had just seen them. I did like seeing Yummy, and I thought that the execution of Bump was tighter from the original three this time around. It was fun when the other two female contestants strutted out in the white suits, but I don't feel they really added anything. 

Mr. rollercoaster isn't really into the show, but he will half watch/listen while he does other things, and he enjoyed the music from throughout the season. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Group dances:

Top 10 (Mandy Moore)


Slavik, Jay Jay, Darius, & Cole - hip hop (Luther Brown)


Hannahlei, Genessy, Chelsea, Jensen, and Magda - hip hop (Luther Brown)


Hannahlei, Genessy, Jensen, Magda, Cole, Slavik, Evan, Jay Jay, & Darius - hip hop (Luther Brown)

Share this post


Link to post

Evan & Lex - tap (Anthony Morigerato)


Genessy & Slavik - hip hop (Luther Brown)


Magda & Darius - jazz (Mandy Moore)


Hannahlei & Marko - contemporary (Robert Roldan)


Genessy & Slavik - jazz (Ray Leeper)


Jensen & Hannalei - heels (Brian Friedman)


Taylor & Darius - contemporary (Travis Wall)


Lauren & Jay Jay - jazz (Mandy Moore)


Magda & Darius - contemporary (Travis Wall)


Jensen & Jay Jay - hip hop (Randi & Hef)


Jensen & Jay Jay - Tahitian (Tiana Liufau)


Hannalei & Cole - cha cha (Emma Slater & Sasha Farber)


Genessy & Lex - contemporary (Mandy Korpinen & Elizabeth Petrin)


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think the real winner tonight was Luther Brown who had 4 routines in the finale episode!

Totals for each dancer (not including the group routines):
Genessy - 3
Slavik - 2
Magda - 2
Darius - 3
Hannalei - 3
Jensen - 3
Jay Jay - 3

Choreographers' work in the finale:
Luther Brown - 4
Mandy Moore - 3
Travis Wall - 2
everyone else (Ray Leeper, Brian Friedman, etc) - 1

Dance styles:
hip hop - 5
contemporary - 4
jazz - 3
cha cha/ballroom - 1
tap - 1
Tahitian - 1
heels - 1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I tried my best to keep track of how many dances each finalist got tonight, not that it means much in the grand scheme of things considering back in s3 Sara got three and wasn't even in the top four. By my count: Slavik had 2 (hip-hop with Genessy, Housework Jazz with Genessy), Jensen had 3 (Tahitian with Jay-Jay, hop-hop with Jay-Jay, Heels with Hannahlei), Genessy had 3 (contemporary with Lex, hip-hop with Slavik, Housework Jazz with Slavik) and Hannahlei had 3 (cha-cha with Cole, contemporary with Marko, Heels with Jensen. After writing it out it was a happy surprise that they all got the same amount except for Slavik. Interesting that Hannahlei was the contestant to represent a ballroom routine. I wonder how many of the judges' and contestants picks were actually picked by the judges and contestants and how much of it was backstage politics. 

Darius actually had three (jazz with Magda, contemporary with Magda, contemporary with Taylor), plus of course the group routines.

Not politics, promotion for the upcoming tour.  Viewed as a group it was obvious they knew from the start which numbers would be featured on tour, it also lined up with the better costuming and frequently included those where they had invested in props.   

I was happy for Hannahlei and felt she deserved the win.  She's also clearly not Bambi when performing on heels anymore.

The Macy's sponsorship was a good sign that maybe Fox might consider giving the show another go round.  The Emmy and the Teen Choice award might help also.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Lu brown was on a different level this season. He basically carried the entire show as for as choreography. I mean it was his group numbers that was chosen, I mean enough said. He is really growing as a choreographer and I love Heff and Randi addition to hiphop. They have a similar Lu brown swag too, all the other hiphop has been boring this season but theirs.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I thought there were a surprising number of enjoyable things tonight.  Nigel's quote (as above) being very enjoyable.  Nigel dancing at the end of Juicy was sooooo enjoyable because who doesn't want to do that slow walk part?  It looks so cool and so fun to do and I just felt that Nigel was representing me by getting up there and doing that.  And I kinda loved that he milked it too.  Those signature slow moves of Luther's are the bomb.  I also enjoyed Luther's Ramalama much better seeing it again.  

I thought the tap piece was spectacular although it made me feel a little sorry for Chelsea again.

I actually felt sorry for Jensen that Hannahlei won, despite not personally caring myself - I would've been super-chuffed for him had Slavik won, but I didn't really feel he deserved it .  I found Hannahlei's excitement at winning a little offputting which sometimes happens to me when watching shows like this.

Why'ds they repeat the Tahitian I wonder?  I thought it was sad that Cheesman didn't get a number or am I misremembering?

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I thought there were a surprising number of enjoyable things tonight.  Nigel's quote (as above) being very enjoyable.  Nigel dancing at the end of Juicy was sooooo enjoyable because who doesn't want to do that slow walk part?  It looks so cool and so fun to do and I just felt that Nigel was representing me by getting up there and doing that.  And I kinda loved that he milked it too.  Those signature slow moves of Luther's are the bomb.  I also enjoyed Luther's Ramalama much better seeing it again.  

I thought the tap piece was spectacular although it made me feel a little sorry for Chelsea again.

I actually felt sorry for Jensen that Hannahlei won, despite not personally caring myself - I would've been super-chuffed for him had Slavik won, but I didn't really feel he deserved it .  I found Hannahlei's excitement at winning a little offputting which sometimes happens to me when watching shows like this.

Why'ds they repeat the Tahitian I wonder?  I thought it was sad that Cheesman didn't get a number or am I misremembering?

I took it that the Tahitian will be performed on tour.

I don't think they did a Cheesman number last night, which is kind of odd considering he was a major contributor this season.

I didn't notice anything offputting about Hannahelei's excitement, what happened? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing happened (re Hannahlei's excitement) - it's just that some people are more gracious in their excitement at winning than she seemed to be.  Something as overwhelming as this experience is the kind of thing that shows your true inner being because you have almost no control over your reactions and she just seemed over the top in some way that was unpleasant to me (I'm trying to find a word for it and can't - it has something to do with entitlement) - I may also have been affected by that one shot of Jensen bravefacedly pushed out of the central crowd sort of lurking behind her - (yes, I recognize that I'm making up stories (that may or may not reflect the contestants' reality) about what I saw, but that IS what humans do).  I've had this experience more than once when watching these shows of being singularly unimpressed by the emotional reaction fo the winner and I was just remarking that I was having it again.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Mr. rollercoaster isn't really into the show, but he will half watch/listen while he does other things, and he enjoyed the music from throughout the season. 

One thing this show gets right most of the time is the music. I think my favorite this season was Genessey and Fik-shun's hip hop routine to Lapdance by N.E.R.D. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Nothing happened (re Hannahlei's excitement) - it's just that some people are more gracious in their excitement at winning than she seemed to be.  Something as overwhelming as this experience is the kind of thing that shows your true inner being because you have almost no control over your reactions and she just seemed over the top in some way that was unpleasant to me (I'm trying to find a word for it and can't - it has something to do with entitlement) - I may also have been affected by that one shot of Jensen bravefacedly pushed out of the central crowd sort of lurking behind her - (yes, I recognize that I'm making up stories (that may or may not reflect the contestants' reality) about what I saw, but that IS what humans do).  I've had this experience more than once when watching these shows of being singularly unimpressed by the emotional reaction fo the winner and I was just remarking that I was having it again.

I see what you're talking about now.  I felt for Jensen in the immediacy of the moment too, but then I noticed the other competitors beginning to embrace her and draw her in.  I read Hannahlei's reaction a bit differently.  Both of them were breathing so hard waiting for the announcement and trembling.  I read Hannahlei as happy and relieved/overwhelmed, not entitled.  I have been turned off by some winner reactions in competitions before and see what you're getting at, I just didn't see what you did here or it sailed over my head -- which is entirely possible.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hannahlei is very young, isn't she?  With more years under her belt she might have reacted more maturely, but considering her age and the circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with her reaction.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Hannahlei is very young, isn't she?  With more years under her belt she might have reacted more maturely, but considering her age and the circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with her reaction.

I didn't really notice anything about how Hannahlei reacted but she is only 18.  I wasn't really paying attention.  What I did notice is that when the three females were up, Genessy looked calm while the other two were waiting in anticipation.  I think Genessy was going to be happy no matter where she placed because she was surprised that she made it to the top four.  During her interviews, she just wanted to make it to the Academy for validation.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I think Hannahlie's reaction was completely appropriate. She was enjoying her moment. 

I was really pulling for her to win, and I'm so glad she did! She danced beautifully all season, and expressed the emotions of the dances well. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

We were very happy to see Hannahlei win.  We have loved her since the Academy, and nothing that happened on the show made us waver from wanting to see her win.  I was bummed that no one picked Cole/Hannahlei's Broadway number with the umbrella.  That was for us perhaps the best dance of the season.  We thoroughly enjoyed that.  We were really thrilled that Evan was given a new number to dance with Lex (did not remember him being so very good at tap!), and it was superb!!  So nice he got a chance to shine for a minute there.  That routine really rocked.  Enjoyed seeing Twitch and Nigel join in the boys' dance.  Were kind of surprised they didn't include Evan as they did with the girls' number.  That was a clever way to get those who had been eliminated back in.  Maybe they didn't because he got the new number with Lex.  And if they were only going to do one or the other, then definitely much preferred his new number.

Overall a very satisfying conclusion.  We didn't notice anything off with Hannahlei's reaction, but that's a very subjective thing.  Would love to see DWTS pick up Cole in the troupe.  

Did I hear Cat say they'd be back next summer?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

One of the funniest things for me was Nigel's end pose in the dance number.  He had to get in on the hip hop number and get a chance to do that move -- which he ended with a pose straight out of a production of A Chorus Line from the eighties!  Yep, that's swag, Nigel, absolute swag.  Hilarious.    

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I had picked Hannahlei all the way right from her audition, and never saw anything that caused me to change my mind.  Happy to finally get one right!

I am unreasonably annoyed with the whole Utah ballroom thing.  I have no rational explanation for it, Jensen seems nice enough.

Luther's been killing it since SYTYCD Canada, glad to see him still at it.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

56 minutes ago, Morgan of Hed said:

Luther's been killing it since SYTYCD Canada, glad to see him still at it.

Luther killed this season. I guess he just had the right dancers to be so innovative and downright good and that says alot since it was only one true hiphop dancer to make it through to the top 10 but he was still able to create great numbers with non hiphop dancers which is not always easy to do.

I think this tour is going to be better than last season. They had better routines this season and better dancers and the great thing about it is they don't have to worry about switching up so many routines like they did on the tour last season because most of the allstars couldnt come where as everyone and their partners will be there this go around. If the tour comes close to my hometown, I may go because I want see darius travis wall dance live, I heard it something really incredible to watch live.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wish they would have done the Broadway umbrella routine again, but the tap dance routine almost made up for them not doing so. Almost. At least I got to FF through a lot of routines! Like pretty much everything that Slavik, Jensen & Gennessy were in, unless it was a group routine. Someone please shave that hair off of Slavik’s head, I just can’t help thinking of how it’s making his forehead a potential breeding ground for acne! Or maybe he’s using his hair to cover up forehead acne.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LadyMustang65 said:

We were very happy to see Hannahlei win.  We have loved her since the Academy, and nothing that happened on the show made us waver from wanting to see her win.  I was bummed that no one picked Cole/Hannahlei's Broadway number with the umbrella.  That was for us perhaps the best dance of the season.  We thoroughly enjoyed that.  We were really thrilled that Evan was given a new number to dance with Lex (did not remember him being so very good at tap!), and it was superb!!  So nice he got a chance to shine for a minute there.  That routine really rocked.  Enjoyed seeing Twitch and Nigel join in the boys' dance.  Were kind of surprised they didn't include Evan as they did with the girls' number.  That was a clever way to get those who had been eliminated back in.  Maybe they didn't because he got the new number with Lex.  And if they were only going to do one or the other, then definitely much preferred his new number.

Overall a very satisfying conclusion.  We didn't notice anything off with Hannahlei's reaction, but that's a very subjective thing.  Would love to see DWTS pick up Cole in the troupe.  

Did I hear Cat say they'd be back next summer?

Also happy to see Hannahlei win.  She was my favorite female after the Academy.  My pick overall was Darius but since he wasn't in the finals, then happy that she won.  I was also disappointed that Cole/Hannahlei's Broadway wasn't chosen.  Vanessa's picks were weird.  I would have picked the Broadway over the Brian Freedman number.  For Jay Jay/Jensen, I would have chosen a different routine instead of their Tahitian.  I don't remember all their numbers but I did like their African Jazz.

Glad that Evan and Lex were able to do a tap routine.  It was wonderful.  I agree that if Evan could only be in one number, then it's better to do the tap than the Luther number.  That number already had Twitch and Nigel.  I bet Vanessa wanted to do the girls' number because she said that she did during judging critiques.  So I'm guessing Mary didn't or they wanted a dance that Chelsea could do.

Hope that we get to see SYTYCD next year.  I didn't catch Cat saying anything.  I remember catching her say that last year.  Don't know if it's just wishful thinking from Cat, Nigel, etc. since I don't think Fox has decided.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I took the Macy's sponsorship of the opening number and all of the Tshirts to be a good indication there are some prospects.

I'm so going to miss hearing everyone's opinions about the dance and getting insight from people who understand a lot more technical points of dance than I do.  Hope to see everyone back here next year. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Knowing how dense vanessa comes off, she probably thought she was choosing the African Jazz but instead it was the Tahitian dance. I def. can see her getting those two mixed up with how her brain works.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The voters got the placement order of the final four right. For me the highlight of the night was Evan and Lex doing that incredible tribute to the Nicholas Brothers with their tap number. If you've ever seen Fayard and Harold Nicholas in those old 1940s movies Anthony's choreography and Evan and Lex's footwork, tricks and even hand movements were dead on. I suspect that that we may see Evan on  a Broadway stage at some point a la Jess Loprado and Evan Kasperick. If a show has a big tap number with a solo Evan might get considered. 

Edited by cali1981
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I tried my best to keep track of how many dances each finalist got tonight, not that it means much in the grand scheme of things considering back in s3 Sara got three and wasn't even in the top four. 

I started watching this show midway through season 3 and Sara was my fav. I might have also have had a little bit of a girl crush on her, heh. Nice to see her remembered. 

Add me to the list of people sad to not see the Cole Broadway number repeated. I thought it was a great routine, one of my top faves, and was sad to see it overlooked. 

I loved Twitch and Nigel coming out for that group number! I got so excited, I actually sat up, hahaha. 

I'm happy with Hannelai winning, although I thought Slavik would come in third, with Gennessy coming in last. I'm glad I was wrong. Gennessy just seemed so happy to even be in the final four, that I was happy she did so well. Slavik definitely looked disappointed to place fourth, though. 

Man, I wish this tour was coming to Canada. I would so go and see these guys. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Mr. rollercoaster isn't really into the show, but he will half watch/listen while he does other things, and he enjoyed the music from throughout the season. 

I usually love the music and get introduced to new songs/artists on this show, but I didn’t really feel the music love until the last several episodes 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I took it that the Tahitian will be performed on tour.

My friend who works with the city ballet where we live said she thinks the Tahitian costume is too fragile to tour.  She thought the Tahitian number was picked to say good-bye to it.  I wasn’t stoked that it was picked, but I really enjoyed last night's performance

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I started watching this show midway through season 3 and Sara was my fav. I might have also have had a little bit of a girl crush on her, heh. Nice to see her remembered. 

Sara was one of my favorites and the "poster child for So You Think You Can Dance" (TM Nigel) in that she was so versatile. The Rockafeller Skank with her and Pasha to this day is one of my all-time favorite routines overall, not just of two dancers both out of their style.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Not shock Slavik got 4th place, esp with the last two weeks, his performance was not up to par and that is not good going into the finale, u got to be on it and he wasnt really. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I loved how they showed footage from tWitch's tryout! I never dreamed when I saw it air originally that I would enjoy him so much now as a judge and surprise performer. Not only do I hope that SYTYCD gets renewed, but that tWitch is made a permanent judge.

ITA about Slavik's hair. Whenever it's slicked back for a routine, he looks really handsome and it adds to the connection with his partner.

Hats off to Luther Brown. Does anyone know the name of the move that Hannahlei did in the middle of Bump? It looked a little like running in place (apologies, I don't have the dance vocab). She seemed to have the most demanding performances, it was hard to believe she was only in three non-group routines. Based on what they showed tonight alone she was the most deserving winner AFAIC. It also seemed really genuine the way the other dancers celebrated her win, that type of camaraderie will make for an even more exceptional tour.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I still feel bad chelsea wasnt really given a bigger platform for the finals. I feel all the other contestants got to show their true talent on the final including Evan who was eliminated with Chelsea but Chelsea didnt get an opportunity to showcase her true talent. I mean she was barely shown in the group numbers and I just feel like the show treated her so badly and i will never understand why because she seems like a genuine sweet woman and is very grateful to be there.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I loved how they showed footage from tWitch's tryout! I never dreamed when I saw it air originally that I would enjoy him so much now as a judge and surprise performer. Not only do I hope that SYTYCD gets renewed, but that tWitch is made a permanent judge.

ITA about Slavik's hair. Whenever it's slicked back for a routine, he looks really handsome and it adds to the connection with his partner.

Hats off to Luther Brown. Does anyone know the name of the move that Hannahlei did in the middle of Bump? It looked a little like running in place (apologies, I don't have the dance vocab). She seemed to have the most demanding performances, it was hard to believe she was only in three non-group routines. Based on what they showed tonight alone she was the most deserving winner AFAIC. It also seemed really genuine the way the other dancers celebrated her win, that type of camaraderie will make for an even more exceptional tour.

I think Luther brown should be nominated for a emmy with that group routine with everyone dressed up with makeup and stuff. That was very different from him and it was emmy worthy imo. Why should Nabbytas been the only hiphop choreographers to get noticed even tho I love their work. Luther brought this season and I think its his time to shine in an award ceremony.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lauren in that yellow capri jumpsuit with Jay Jay for Mandy Moore jazz was everything. I think that's my new favorite "cheer me up" dance routine (taking over from Boogy Shoes). Was so pleased to see Jay Jay and Darius given opportunities to shine in the final (and Cole in the cha-cha!). 

Edited by rtb · Reason: wrong name - Cole, not Paul!!
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope Luther gets an Emmy next year. He really deserves it.

I too FF through a lot of the routines - I think because the season was so short, they were all just too recent. I did watch the group numbers though - they were some of my favorites. And Darius' last routine. I also felt bad for Chelsea, so while I'd expected the surprise in the girls number to be Vanessa, I was happy it was Magda and Chelsea instead. The boys routine, I liked better the first time, but Twitch held his own, and it's hard not to smile at Nigel in that. 

Overall, I was pulling for Darius or JayJay, but once they were eliminated, I was fine which any of the remaining girls getting it, so Hannahlei was a fine winner. I felt like last week was structured so that Hannahlei or Jensen would win, with the order of the routines and what they were given, so that made sense. I called 3 and 4 and figured 1 and 2 was a tossup. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Evan and Lex did a great job with the tap number but, IMHO, they can not touch the Nicholas Brothers....... at all.

I expected that Lex as a trained dancer would be capable of tap.  I honestly thought he outshone Evan, which surprised me on a few levels.  

I thought they did a great job with the number.  I wouldn't expect them to come anywhere close to the Nicholas Brothers, if for no other reason than you're talking a couple guys who were paired for a routine days ago, versus brothers who danced together how many years.  That's not even taking into consideration the completely extraordinary skills the Nicholas Brothers had.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Do u all think Magda is going to be the one to replace taylor in Darius Routine on Tour? I personally would be happy if Genessy or Chelsea, I mean its going to have be a tall girl regardless to look right.

5 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I expected that Lex as a trained dancer would be capable of tap.  I honestly thought he outshone Evan, which surprised me on a few levels.  

I thought they did a great job with the number.  I wouldn't expect them to come anywhere close to the Nicholas Brothers, if for no other reason than you're talking a couple guys who were paired for a routine days ago, versus brothers who danced together how many years.  That's not even taking into consideration the completely extraordinary skills the Nicholas Brothers had.

Lex added more swag to the tap than Evan did. Lex made tap look edgier and fun.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I loved how they showed footage from tWitch's tryout! I never dreamed when I saw it air originally that I would enjoy him so much now as a judge and surprise performer. Not only do I hope that SYTYCD gets renewed, but that tWitch is made a permanent judge.

ITA about Slavik's hair. Whenever it's slicked back for a routine, he looks really handsome and it adds to the connection with his partner.

Hats off to Luther Brown. Does anyone know the name of the move that Hannahlei did in the middle of Bump? It looked a little like running in place (apologies, I don't have the dance vocab). She seemed to have the most demanding performances, it was hard to believe she was only in three non-group routines. Based on what they showed tonight alone she was the most deserving winner AFAIC. It also seemed really genuine the way the other dancers celebrated her win, that type of camaraderie will make for an even more exceptional tour.

I admit that when Twitch first tried out for Season 3, I was hoping that he didn't make it.  It's only because it was between him and Hok.  Since Hok tried out for Season 2, I was disappointed that he couldn't do the show because of visa problems.  So I really wanted Hok to be on Season 3 and didn't really know anything about Twitch then.  Glad that Twitch tried again for Season 4.  I remember the same feeling when Alex and Billy Bell tried out for Season 7.  I loved Alex from his first audition and was disappointed when he couldn't be on the show because of his ballet contract.  For Billy, he made it to Season 6 but got sick.  For Season 7, it was between him and Robert so I was rooting for him.  The show surprised us by letting both of them in.  Now, we see Robert a lot and I don't think Billy has come back.

Slavik's hair doesn't bother me.  All Star Jonathan's hair does.

Luther was on fire this season.  He has a good chance of being nominated for an Emmy.  However, I think Travis has a better chance of winning between his two contemporaries with Darius and his Broadway routine.   One good thing for Luther is that he had a group routine which I think showcases better than pair routines.

I love how the dancers support each other.  I noticed that in dancing and singing reality shows.  Even in shows like DWTS where the celebrities are bigger names and don't need as big of a break, they seem to support each other.

3 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I still feel bad chelsea wasnt really given a bigger platform for the finals. I feel all the other contestants got to show their true talent on the final including Evan who was eliminated with Chelsea but Chelsea didnt get an opportunity to showcase her true talent. I mean she was barely shown in the group numbers and I just feel like the show treated her so badly and i will never understand why because she seems like a genuine sweet woman and is very grateful to be there.

I think Even got a showcase since it's rare that they get a really good tap dancer.  It's the reason why Jim had a ballet routine with Alex in the finals even though he wasn't in the Top 4.  Last year, I remember that I and others in this forum thought that Logan and Impavido should have been able to repeat some of their pair dances.  They were in the Top six and didn't.  Both of them were contemporary dancers just like Chelsea. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I still feel bad chelsea wasnt really given a bigger platform for the finals. I feel all the other contestants got to show their true talent on the final including Evan who was eliminated with Chelsea but Chelsea didnt get an opportunity to showcase her true talent. I mean she was barely shown in the group numbers and I just feel like the show treated her so badly and i will never understand why because she seems like a genuine sweet woman and is very grateful to be there.

I even forgot Chelsea was on the show, until I saw her last night.  And the first thing I thought about, was that disastrous tap dance she did with Evan.  Pretty bad when a dancer is remembered for a dance that was not very good.  Not all of her fault, however, but still....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On a shallow note, I'm happy to see Lauren back and I'm excited she will be on tour along with Cyrus. I believe they showed her earlier in the season and she had brown hair during practice and I couldn't place her. I'm happy she's back to blonde, as soon as I saw the new colour, I remembered her, heh. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I found myself becoming more and more disengaged as the season went on. Thank god for fast forward.  After all these years, I may be done with this show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Luther was on fire this season.  He has a good chance of being nominated for an Emmy.  However, I think Travis has a better chance of winning between his two contemporaries with Darius and his Broadway routine.   One good thing for Luther is that he had a group routine which I think showcases better than pair routines.

I think both Travis and Luther need to be nominated, to me they carried this season. I even think as great as travis is, this was the season I can say he better get some emmys more than ever.

9 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I think Even got a showcase since it's rare that they get a really good tap dancer.  It's the reason why Jim had a ballet routine with Alex in the finals even though he wasn't in the Top 4.  Last year, I remember that I and others in this forum thought that Logan and Impavido should have been able to repeat some of their pair dances.  They were in the Top six and didn't.  Both of them were contemporary dancers just like Chelsea. 

 

Im glad Evan tapped with another male instead of female, because it just would have been yet another dig to Chelsea since she didnt do well in the tap routine. I don't remember a contestant being treated as badly as she was, it was just so weird.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I believe Jensen is going get the opportunity to be on dwts over Cole and Magda which to me are much better ballroom dancers. Jensen danced better in other styles than she does her main genre. Jensen has more pull unfortunately. Speaking of pull, I wonder why kiki hasnt jumped on the dwts badwagon since he has good with the chosen couple Val and Jenna.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size