Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

The more I think about Tyler's month-long break (separation), the more upset I get.  

Dr. Drew actually made a good point - hear me out!  Tyler is like, who am I if not one half of Tyler and Cate, Tyler from Teen Mom, etc.  And Dr. Drew is like, yeah you ARE ALL OF THOSE THINGS!  Like, why do you need to know who you are alone?  You are married, you are now a married couple.  If he wanted to get a break from life, well hello we all want a break from life!  But most people don't want a break from the people in their lives.  I like a little break from my kids and husband - a day at the spa or whatever.  But I don't want to be away from them to find myself.  I need to be able to find myself or BE myself while being a married person.  

Unless you don't want to be married any more, you need to accept that you are married and that is part of WHO you are.

• Love 12
On 12/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, Brooklynista said:

So Tyler wanted some Louboutin's and bought them via Cate?  Because nothing about Catelynn says high end. 

Sure there is. She's at the high end of selfish, the high end of lazy, the high end of neglectful...

• Love 16
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The more I think about Tyler's month-long break (separation), the more upset I get.  

Dr. Drew actually made a good point - hear me out!  Tyler is like, who am I if not one half of Tyler and Cate, Tyler from Teen Mom, etc.  And Dr. Drew is like, yeah you ARE ALL OF THOSE THINGS!  Like, why do you need to know who you are alone?  You are married, you are now a married couple.  If he wanted to get a break from life, well hello we all want a break from life!  But most people don't want a break from the people in their lives.  I like a little break from my kids and husband - a day at the spa or whatever.  But I don't want to be away from them to find myself.  I need to be able to find myself or BE myself while being a married person.  

Unless you don't want to be married any more, you need to accept that you are married and that is part of WHO you are.

I get what you're saying, but, in theory, I get how Ty's situation could be different. Presumably, you haven't been with your husband since you were 13, you've dated other people, your childhood wasn't mostly chaos and trauma, and your husband hasn't taken off for months to deal with his issues a couple of times. In theory, I could see someone in Ty's position being like, "Of course I love you and I'm committed to our marriage/family. My desire for a break has nothing to do with that; I just want some time to think about who I am apart from my identity as Cate's husband/Nova's dad and figure out what I want as an individual." Which could mean spending a month in the wilderness, in Paris, or (if he didn't want to ditch all of his responsibilities, including Nova), in their new house. In a way, it's weirder with him staying local and still engaging with Cate and Nova regularly (though that's the responsible thing for him to do). It would "make more sense" if he were going camping in Alaska or taking acting classes in Paris for a month. That would be easier to explain to Cate/everyone else. I feel bad for him. If Cate were a healthier person (which isn't "her fault," but still), she'd be able to handle him taking a month for himself after she'd taken 3 months (?) on 2 different occasions, even if he was going to be totally unavailable, much less with him being in touch more or less daily.

All of that being said, I don't believe that those theoretical constructs apply to Cate and Ty's situation. There's much more to their problems than a simple need for a little time and space (on either of their parts). Ty is not essentially happy and fulfilled in his marriage, but feeling a need for some time for self-reflection. He seems pretty done with the marriage, which Cate seems to get, which seems to terrify and sadden her.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, druzy said:

Cate's vague posting on social media for attention. Maybe she should express her concerns to her doctor.

image.png.62a172a13abb1832a4bb91d27bee0a32.png

Why does she need to be induced at 37 weeks? To prevent Tyler from living alone in the Octagon house? 

I was actually pissed at Drew when he insisted to Tyler, "But you ARE all of those things." I mean, of course he is. He knows that. That wasn't what he saying. Individual identity is important too. And I can totally see how NEITHER of them have that. It's not healthy; and a legit mental health provider would recognize that and not just dismiss someone's concerns. 

• Love 17

My beef with Tyler is that I believe this is the 3rd time he has done this.  They had a future plan and he left her to go to NOLA.   They had a future plan and he broke off the engagement.  If he doesn’t get a divorce this time then he needs to suck it up and be with Cate till death do you part.  This back and forth isn’t good for any of them, especially the children.  I feel really bad for Nova during these formative years when parents keep leaving her.  The time she thanked Cate for coming home was truly tragic.  Kids can handle a divorce.   They can’t handle a parent being there and then not being there and then being there and then not being there and on and on.  Nova has no reason to trust either of her parents.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, druzy said:

Cate's vague posting on social media for attention. Maybe she should express her concerns to her doctor.

image.png.62a172a13abb1832a4bb91d27bee0a32.png

Was this on her stories, or an Instagram post? I’m asking because if it was a post, it’s been deleted.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Booger666 said:

My beef with Tyler is that I believe this is the 3rd time he has done this.  They had a future plan and he left her to go to NOLA.   They had a future plan and he broke off the engagement.  If he doesn’t get a divorce this time then he needs to suck it up and be with Cate till death do you part.  This back and forth isn’t good for any of them, especially the children.  I feel really bad for Nova during these formative years when parents keep leaving her.  The time she thanked Cate for coming home was truly tragic.  Kids can handle a divorce.   They can’t handle a parent being there and then not being there and then being there and then not being there and on and on.  Nova has no reason to trust either of her parents.

But that's on Cate too. By staying as long as she has, she's sanctioning this behavior. If she doesn't like it, thinks it's unhealthy for the kids; she could leave. She SHOULD leave. It's not like she is financially dependent on him. 

• Love 3
On 12/30/2018 at 10:11 AM, druzy said:

She wants attention.

Exactly. And she's probably tired of being pregnant. When she's pregnant she has to do all the work. Once the kid's out, Tyler can take over. With a side of Kim/April. 

• Love 6

Baking cupcakes doesn't make you a great attentive mom. Neither does sitting on your couch looking at your Instagram and waiting for compliments that you actually baked cupcakes for your kid.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Eagle Woman said:

how come noteverthere Carley got a whole big birthday cake a few weeks bake and poor little neglected Nova just gets a cupcake. Not fair. 

LOL.  Maybe Nova asked for  cupcakes but it is strange. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Induce early, get started on my PPD and get back out to my spa in AZ.

That place is hardly a spa.  Did she ever say why she chose that one for mental health treatment?  Unless Teen Mom pays for it and chooses which one that  one is hardly a world class treatment program.  Not that Cate grew up with a family who could help direct her to a proper mental health hospital.

2 hours ago, Lemons said:

That place is hardly a spa.  Did she ever say why she chose that one for mental health treatment?  Unless Teen Mom pays for it and chooses which one that  one is hardly a world class treatment program.  Not that Cate grew up with a family who could help direct her to a proper mental health hospital.

I'm sure Teen Mom pays or the spa rehab gets free publicity in exchange for payment. This is my definition of a spa.

At Sierra Tucson, our rooms are semi-private with full baths. Lodging incorporates the feel of the southwest in a stylish, comfortable setting with traditional furnishing and lovely views. The lodges feature warm and friendly gathering spaces for socializing, movies, reading a book, game playing or relaxation.

Our campus offers a wide range of amenities for your recreation and to enhance your recovery experience. On our property you will find:

Swimming pool

Sport courts

Fully equipped gym

Labyrinth

Walking paths and outdoor sitting areas

Picturesque views of the Santa Catalina Mountains

Ropes course

Equine area

Sheldon the Therapy Tortoise (ask to see him!)

Visitation with our therapeutic dogs

Rock climbing wall

Kiva

Salon

Hiking outings

Indoor/outdoor dining

Take a tour

image.png.2def07b37ed37d9865c5b31eb97ffab0.png

• Love 16

@druzy beat me to it.  I just looked up Sierra Tucson website (great, now my browser is going to think I need treatment again). They don’t take state insurance, so right there you know this is not base line treatment for the masses.  Then there’s the “amenities” section.  The amenities are nicer than the last hotel I stayed at (which isn’t saying much, but Holiday Inn Express aren’t all that horrible, and I’m on a budget as I am not a millionaire Teen Mom LMAO). 

Let’s be real here, I’m not willing to inquire on their rates that are not posted publicly, but I’m guessing at least $20k for the shortest stint, if not more.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

@druzy beat me to it.  I just looked up Sierra Tucson website (great, now my browser is going to think I need treatment again). They don’t take state insurance, so right there you know this is not base line treatment for the masses.  Then there’s the “amenities” section.  The amenities are nicer than the last hotel I stayed at (which isn’t saying much, but Holiday Inn Express aren’t all that horrible, and I’m on a budget as I am not a millionaire Teen Mom LMAO). 

Let’s be real here, I’m not willing to inquire on their rates that are not posted publicly, but I’m guessing at least $20k for the shortest stint, if not more.  

State run facilities are 20k or more for the shortest stint so that’s not a high price.  And sadly most psychiatrist and better hospitals don’t take state insurance or any insurance.  She actually might have been better off in a state run facility.  

It’s just sad that she got stuck with a 3rd rate facility and to have to go out of state for it just adds insult to injury.  Another way Teen Mom takes advantage of their poorly educated teen moms.  And cate was brought up by the worst people out of all of them.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

State run facilities are 20k or more for the shortest stint so that’s not a high price.  And sadly most psychiatrist and better hospitals don’t take state insurance or any insurance.  She actually might have been better off in a state run facility.  

It’s just sad that she got stuck with a 3rd rate facility and to have to go out of state for it just adds insult to injury.  Another way Teen Mom takes advantage of their poorly educated teen moms.  And cate was brought up by the worst people out of all of them.  

Cate could have done outpatient or inpatient therapy in Michigan, but instead chose to leave her child and go to Arizona. 

Cate will be 27 in March. There comes a point when you have to stop blaming others and take responsibility for your life. If being on Teen Mom is detrimental to her health she can walk away.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 23
10 hours ago, druzy said:

I'm sure Teen Mom pays or the spa rehab gets free publicity in exchange for payment. This is my definition of a spa.

Take a tour

image.png.2def07b37ed37d9865c5b31eb97ffab0.png

Omg! I clicked on their list of treatments and they have Kratom on there. Kratom isn’t anything anyone needs treatment from. Okay, Cate, nice spa you went to!!! 😆🙄

• Love 7
On 12/28/2018 at 1:40 PM, ghoulina said:

I was actually pissed at Drew when he insisted to Tyler, "But you ARE all of those things." I mean, of course he is. He knows that. That wasn't what he saying. Individual identity is important too. And I can totally see how NEITHER of them have that. It's not healthy; and a legit mental health provider would recognize that and not just dismiss someone's concerns. 

I think Dr. Drew is actually very good at getting to the core of people.  He wants to know why they are separating - is it to decide if they are getting a divorce?  No, they say..  Well then why do you need time away from your loved ones?  If Tyler wants to go on a vacation - camping or whatever, because he needs a little time to himself, then that sounds great.  But he is not asking for a vacation, he is asking for a separation.  What is the point??  To find yourself?  You can find yourself without being away from your family.  Also, are you trying to find unmarried -self?  That is a whole other thing. 

He can figure out all of these things while still being a husband and a father - because he IS a husband and a father - these are things you are.  If you are not sure what to do, as in what occupation you would like to have - you can do that at home. 

If you don't want to be a married person any more, then that is one thing, but he says he wants to be married but away from his wife.  That makes zero sense.  I am guessing because he is hiding his true feelings, wanting a divorce.  Otherwise, what is he looking for?  That is what Dr. Drew was getting at.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

She can’t walk away from social media like they told her to do.

She can't watch Teen Mom like they asked her to do. She can't fill out Tyler's worksheet. She can't...

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, druzy said:

Cate could have done outpatient or inpatient therapy in Michigan, but instead chose to leave her child and go to Arizona. 

Cate will be 27 in March. There comes a point when you have to stop blaming others and take responsibility for your life. If being on Teen Mom is detrimental to her health she can walk away.

People do "leave their child" when they go into a hospital.  I'm just wondering who chose this place because it wasn't her and it was inappropriate which is why she was no better when she left.  She has a mental illness which is hard enough but to then have people who don't know her claim she "leaves her child" to go to a spa is ridiculous.  It's ignorant. 

• Love 1

I have no idea who chose the facility that Cate has willingly gone to multiple times now.  I say willingly because I did not see her forced to go.  I’m guessing MTV chose the location if in fact they were paying for it, and it it was not acceptable, then Cate should have spoken up.  Instead she has returned there (again on MTV’s dime).  She should have the means ($$$$) to go to any facility in the United States and pay for it herself, but no, she opts to return to Sierra Tucson.  She does no follow up, no after care, nothing to improve her current life (i.e. getting a job, hobby, volunteering).  She has shown a few times to flat out disregard even the basic suggestions given to her (stay off SM).  She has blown off her husband’s attempts to strengthen their marriage by going half assed through couples therapy with him.  She is a spoiled cow, and sadly MTV is only contributing to her delusion.  She shows no transparency or self awareness, in fact she seems to ha e regressed rather than even a baby step of improvement since she started all this nonsense.  Pretty certain her first visit to the spa was 3 years ago?  So if after 3 years nothing is changed, then you switch it up.  Good luck on those continued visits to the spa once YOU have to pay the bill, Cate. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I think Dr. Drew is actually very good at getting to the core of people.  He wants to know why they are separating - is it to decide if they are getting a divorce?  No, they say..  Well then why do you need time away from your loved ones?  If Tyler wants to go on a vacation - camping or whatever, because he needs a little time to himself, then that sounds great.  But he is not asking for a vacation, he is asking for a separation.  What is the point??  To find yourself?  You can find yourself without being away from your family.  Also, are you trying to find unmarried -self?  That is a whole other thing. 

He can figure out all of these things while still being a husband and a father - because he IS a husband and a father - these are things you are.  If you are not sure what to do, as in what occupation you would like to have - you can do that at home. 

If you don't want to be a married person any more, then that is one thing, but he says he wants to be married but away from his wife.  That makes zero sense.  I am guessing because he is hiding his true feelings, wanting a divorce.  Otherwise, what is he looking for?  That is what Dr. Drew was getting at.

I think Tyler is having a very hard time figuring out those things while at home, being a husband and father, because when Cate's around - it's ALWAYS about Cate. We've seen how any time he brings up any mental health issues that he's having, she jumps right in with "being triggered" and all her other nonsense. There's no room for the dude to breathe. 

Personally, I think they should just permanently split. I believe that's ultimately what Tyler wants. But there's a lot of guilt, obligation, and fear stopping him from fully going there. So Instead he just wants a month to himself. I think a large part of it is resentment. Cate has had multiple months away. So why I can't I have mine? That's what he's thinking. 

I'm not saying all of his choices are fair or mature; but I get it. I think it would be very hard to do serious work on himself with her around. 

• Love 20